New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fort Itude

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Fort Itude

Located atop Apocalypse Aręte in the unsettled land between Inside and Riverside is a large fortress that looks as if it grew from the ground. The land is claimed by the kingdom of Vulpania, which has openly returned to the Nexus to offer what protection to the common people that it can.

That protection will be provided by the garrison of the fort, an expeditionary company of the Vulpanian Armed Forces. The company consists of a few very different platoons, although so far only two are known. Air Assault are armed with light crossbows and short swords, transported into battle by giant birds. Civiron's paladins are equipped with heavy armor and spears, defending the innocent and vanquishing evil with their martial prowess and divine magic.

One of the buildings within the fort is a chapel to Civiron, Goddess of Hope. It is a simple little worship space, decorated with pink cushions and designs of hearts and anchors. There is always someone attending it, usually a cleric, and at least one paladin can be found praying there at all times of the day. There are even weekly services for non-Vulpanians, although those are sparsely attended due to the travel distance involved. Still, some NPC worshippers are still around from when Civiron last had a chapel in the Town.

Inside the central keep, on the same floor as the officers' quarters, is a lounge for commissioned officers, civilian guests, and VIPs. A small bar and grill; tables for chess, cards, and conversations; a little elevated platform for musicians or other performance. It is a place to hang out and socialize, for the most part.

This OP will change and grow as more is learned and described about this location.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Fort Itude

Civvy is here as well!
    She's dressed in her full attire, see the picture, and is making no attempt to hide her divinity, as she had been in HALO. As such, the Fort and entire surrounding area are practically tingling with her aura. It probably feels much like warm fluffy puppies and the scent of fresh cookies.

She's inside the chapel, near the front, and apparently arguing with someone.
    "But why can't all the ceremonial glasses be pink?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #3

A beautiful young woman in the pink tunic of a paladin (not all the paladin tunics are pink, but anyone wearing a pink tunic is most likely a paladin or cleric) respectfully stands her ground. The materials to make glass turn out pink are too expensive, my Lady.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    A beautiful young woman in the pink tunic of a paladin (not all the paladin tunics are pink, but anyone wearing a pink tunic is most likely a paladin or cleric) respectfully stands her ground. The materials to make glass turn out pink are too expensive, my Lady.
    Civvy blinks several times.
    "Oh. Is that all? Here, I bequeath unto you," her tone takes one of actual formality. "the, um, TurnNormalGlassIntoPinkGlass touch! Go out and work miracles!

Or just want to turn it off, and it'll go away until you want it."
    Civvy's very careful not to curse people with stuff they don't want.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

A woman in armor, helmet under her arm, strides up to the gate guard. She's packing considerable heat---a handgun, a submachine gun, a large knife, and three little throwity-knifeums.
    Looking down at the guard, she flashes a Prometheus Securities card.
    Aarm 'ere fer Pr'eethus Skirties doin some gaard-workin'. 'Ow'm I gettin' t' yon ossifer in chaarge?
    Unfortunately for everyone, this lady is too rural-English for most to even classify as speaking a human language.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Chapel

Lieutenant Bellatrix blinks, slowly stretching her hand out to poke a window pane. And then sighs when it changes color. ... Thank you, My Lady. I shall see to all the glass immediately.

[Gate]

The guard takes one look at her card and quickly calls over another soldier in relief. This new guard is armed and outfitted a lot more like the newcomer than the rest of the garrison. He has a patch marking him as from Atlas Department. "Oh, I see. Your group has been trickling in all day and I bet we won't see half for a week. What is your callsign?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gate

A woman with a muscular build, the paragon of strength in physique, clad in the uniform of the survey corps with a vibrant purple sweater the shade one would expect of a Godlark worn under the weathered cropped jacket, approaches. Her maroon hair had recently been cut short, and the white leggings of her uniform have been dyed dark blue for the sake of stains.
    Sophia Godlark has approached.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-10-13 at 01:28 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate]

The guard takes one look at her card and quickly calls over another soldier in relief. This new guard is armed and outfitted a lot more like the newcomer than the rest of the garrison. He has a patch marking him as from Atlas Department. "Oh, I see. Your group has been trickling in all day and I bet we won't see half for a week. What is your callsign?"
    This'n. She taps her shoulderplate, labeled 31-Ϙ. Which is good, since otherwise she'd have to mangle pronouncing it.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Chapel

Lieutenant Bellatrix blinks, slowly stretching her hand out to poke a window pane. And then sighs when it changes color. ... Thank you, My Lady. I shall see to all the glass immediately.
    Chapel

"No no, thank you." Civvy says, smiling widely.
    "Only the ceremonial wine-glasses. Windows and things may remain as they are."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

[Gate - 31-Q]

The soldier looks at the plate and checks a list on his tablet. "Okay, you're good. The ranking member of your group so far is called Dingo. Head to that tower over there," he points. "Firing range in the basement."

[Gate - Sophia]

When Sophia arrives, the guard at the gate is a sixteen year old girl in black leather armor. She's armed with a longbow as tall as she is, a brace of throwing knives, and a youthfully bored frown that quickly turns to an anticipatory smile that she tries to hide behind a professionally bored frown. State your business.

[Chapel]

Bella defiantly turns the rest of the window pink. What? She can like the color too. Very well. How else may I serve you, my Lady?

11. - Top - End - #11

gate

Sophia salutes the guard, her right fist upon her heart and her left upon her back.
    sophia Godlark, member of vigil. Requesting permission to visit.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

12. - Top - End - #12

[Chapel]

Bella defiantly turns the rest of the window pink. What? She can like the color too. Very well. How else may I serve you, my Lady?
    [Chapel]

Civvy nods, most pleased with her paladin. "I do believe that that is all. Is there anything you wish to ask of me? I am right here, after all."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

Gate

There is a potato dragon with a note tied to its back.

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    Hmm, my deepest apologies for the misunderstanding the other day...

Oh dear, please accept this potato dragon as an apology. It's really the only thing I have to give, after all.

~Jern Farlen of the Stormguard

The potato dragon just sits there, nyoring away until somebody opens the gate and sees it.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gate - 31-Q]

The soldier looks at the plate and checks a list on his tablet. "Okay, you're good. The ranking member of your group so far is called Dingo. Head to that tower over there," he points. "Firing range in the basement."
    She nods and mumbles something incomprehensible, striding off toward the tower. Her eyes flick around.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

[Gate - Sophia]

The battle-hardened teenager takes her time looking the titan shifter up and down and back up again before responding. This is a secure military base. What business do you have here, Ms. Godlark?

[Chapel]

Uhh... I can't really think of anything.
    But then she does come up with a question and, after hesitating, asks it. We're going to see some serious action, aren't we?

[Gate - Potato Dragon]

A guard opens the gate and carefully takes the note. It only takes a brief skimming before he decides to toss this one upstairs to an officer. The poor potato dragon will have to wait several minutes for the missive to make its way up the chain of command to someone who can make a decision. Finally, another letter is brought down and carefully tied to the messenger. The gate is then shut, without the little critter being able to enter.

Spoiler: Response
    Show
    Magister Farlen,

Your apology is both accepted and appreciated. We can hardly fault you for acting in good faith with the best of intentions in a very confusing situation. I am personally quite relieved that the situation was resolved without any additional loss of life. Unfortunately, this is a secure Vulpanian military installation and it is against our official policy to allow anything that might present a security risk, however unlikely or minor, through our walls. I would instead like to know more about your organization, having never heard of it in the many years I have been involved in the Nexus. As we are both dedicated to protecting the innocent civilians of this world from those who would misuse their powers, it is my hope that we can share information and work together. If there is anything I can do to help you or your group, please call
    [Phone number] and know that I am

Respectfully yours,

Cpt. Douglas Deimos
    Military Intelligence of Vulpania

[Range]

As 31-Q leaves, she may overhear the guard muttering to another. "Menoetius Department. Stay out of their way, if you can. Like your Teams, I suppose: elite operators far above us mere mortals."

In the range, a sandy-haired and powerfully built man is watching two other soldiers on the firing line. The name tape on his uniform is simply Dingo. He sizes her up the moment she walks into the basement room.

16. - Top - End - #16

Gate

to visit the chapel inside, and also to see if I can be of any possible use to your superiors.
    [/color]Sophia replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

[Gate]

The sound of particularly inventive cursing comes from the path. This heralds the arrival of Bella's sister Andy, who's hauling what seems like a bit too much stuff for one person to be carrying.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #18

[Chapel]

Uhh... I can't really think of anything.
    But then she does come up with a question and, after hesitating, asks it. We're going to see some serious action, aren't we?
    [Chapel]

"Very likely." Civvy says, in all seriousness, and after a brief pause. "But, and this I can promise: you won't be alone." She informs Bella, grinning at her.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

[Range]
    The tall, lean woman nods to Dingo, swiping a thumb under her shoulderplate's thingy in a practiced, barely conscious gesture.
    Tur'ee-wun Koppar. 'Ere fer 'portin, sir. For all her damnable dialect, the lady's got sharp eyes and an air of experience.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground

Gate - Tater Drake

The potato dragon flies off with the new note, seeming to know where it's going.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

[Gate - Sophia]

The archer casually reaches into her quiver for an arrow, which she nocks on her bowstring. The faint trace of divine energy is channeled through her hands. The reason for her reaction and the affected unconcern she brings with it is that Sophia has, with that one sentence, declared herself either an innocent pilgrim or a dangerous killer. Don't be too confused, there's no room for that here, on the knife's edge. The former Survey Corps scout is a hairsbreadth away from stumbling onto that hidden world of cloaks and daggers, where one wrong word or a single misunderstanding leads to death. Or worse. And which chapel would that be? The teenager asks, still feigning nonchalance. Civiron's or my Keeper Kynegetis'? It's not too late to be safe, Sophia, not by a long shot. All you have to do is tell the truth: you are here to pay your respects to the Goddess of Hope. But. Does the great game of spies and assassins call to her? Does she feel the urge to hunt the hunters of the innocent? She has that option available to her as well. A choice of two chapels.

[Gate - Andy]

This gate is guarded by two women in the red uniforms of the Air Assault platoon. They watch the bardess impassively, with no recognition.

[Chapel]

Bella's hand unconsciously goes to her chest, where she was gravely wounded in the battle at AMENside last year. No, never alone. Not as long as we have hope, as long as we are hope.

[Range]

Welcome to Menoetius, Sheila. He has a loud Australian accent which does all his smiling for him as he shakes her hand firmly. Our little group is here is a brand new collection of operators. Most of us don't know each other, which is why I'm having everyone show off their skills here. Hard to trust your mate to cover you when you don't know how well he shoots, right?

22. - Top - End - #22

Gate

Civiron. I was unaware of kynegetis's temple. What is his or her domain?
    She replies, reflexively tensing.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #23

[Chapel]

Bella's hand unconsciously goes to her chest, where she was gravely wounded in the battle at AMENside last year. No, never alone. Not as long as we have hope, as long as we are hope.
    [Chapel]

"Exactly!" Civvy says with a wide grin. "Now tell me. How have you been? Any lasting scars or pangs from your chest?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[Range]

Welcome to Menoetius, Sheila. He has a loud Australian accent which does all his smiling for him as he shakes her hand firmly. Our little group is here is a brand new collection of operators. Most of us don't know each other, which is why I'm having everyone show off their skills here. Hard to trust your mate to cover you when you don't know how well he shoots, right?
    She shakes right back, her own grip equally firm. Ar kin put ledd in thee 'ole well 'nuf, as Ar'll be 'appy t'show if'n y'am fancyin' 'avin' a look.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

[Gate - Sophia]

Kynegetis is the Huntress, the patron Goddess of assassins, spies, and anyone else who would kill those that prey upon the helpless.
    The girl remains outwardly relaxed, but it would be the work of a single second to draw the bowstring back and release the broadhead arrow. She is related to Civiron, in a way, but they work very differently. She gives an airy shrug of her shoulders while a smile plays across her lips. Never mind, if you are a worshiper of the Goddess of Hope you will want nothing to do with me. You may enter, VIGILant.

[Chapel]

My body is fine, My Lady. It's true enough: she is free from pain and is rather proud of the scar on her breast. My poor sister, however, is inconsolable now that I am no longer confined to bed and in need of her nursing.

[Range]

Dingo's face goes blank and his mouth silently moves as he tries to piece together what 31-Q said. Uhhh... yeah, sure, step up to lane six there. Set the target for whatever distance you'd like.

26. - Top - End - #26

And so, Sophia enters
    the chapel of Civiron!
    Yay!
    Sophia is initially taken aback by the pinkness, but wuivkly recovers.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

[Range]

Dingo's face goes blank and his mouth silently moves as he tries to piece together what 31-Q said. Uhhh... yeah, sure, step up to lane six there. Set the target for whatever distance you'd like.
    The incomprehensible woman sets the target for... a bit farther than most people would (whee, I have no sense of the general scale here), pulls out her Five-seveN (the most annoyingly-capitalized handgun in the world!) and carefully unloads a magazine into the target, keeping a pretty tight grouping.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

[Gate - Andy]

This gate is guarded by two women in the red uniforms of the Air Assault platoon. They watch the bardess impassively, with no recognition.
    Andy manages to make her way to the gate, where she pauses, balances her load, and then grins.

"Andromeda Vulpan, reporting for duty!" she declares, looking to one guard, then the other. "And about to spill everything, so if you'd be so kind...?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #29

[Chapel]

My body is fine, My Lady. It's true enough: she is free from pain and is rather proud of the scar on her breast. My poor sister, however, is inconsolable now that I am no longer confined to bed and in need of her nursing.
    "My apologies for her loss." Civvy says with a grin. "Though I am glad to see you're doing well."

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    And so, Sophia enters
    the chapel of Civiron!
    Yay!
    Sophia is initially taken aback by the pinkness, but wuivkly recovers.
    Civvy nods at Bella, and takes a few steps back, letting her handle the newcomer.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

[Range]

Consistent groupings at 20-25 meters would be normally impressive, but probably just an acceptable standard for this group. That handgun has a maximum effective range of 50 meters, but she would either need tremendous skill or cybernetic enhancement to reliably hit at that range. That's really more for her P90.

[Gate - Andy]

These soldiers are from the timepoint where Andy hasn't even been born yet, so they are rather skeptical about her claim to the royal family. But, when they check, they find she's on the list. No rank given, unlike her sister. They salute and open the door for her, getting some other soldier to help carry some of her gear.

[Chapel]

Bella returns her Goddess' grin, then turns to size up the newcomer. Good afternoon, Miss. Welcome to the Chapel of Civiron, Goddess of Hope.