New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fort Itude

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fort Itude

Chapel

Sophia grins.
    Sophia Godlark. I'm interested in joining. Mind telling me about Civiron?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

[Gate - Andy]

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    These soldiers are from the timepoint where Andy hasn't even been born yet, so they are rather skeptical about her claim to the royal family. But, when they check, they find she's on the list. No rank given, unlike her sister. They salute and open the door for her, getting some other soldier to help carry some of her gear.
    "Thanks!" the bagpipe-wielding bardess chirps, looking relieved now that she's not about to have a Fibber McGee's Closet-level Incident, and she quickly makes her way inside, humming happily to herself and giving the soldier assigned as an unfortunate pack-mule a smile. "I hope Bella's doing alright."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Chapel]

Well, uh... Bella is a holy warrior, not a proselytizing priest. Words don't come very easily for her. She truly cares about the common man, being greatly concerned with the plight and condition of those who are defenseless in the face of all the evils in the Nexus. That's why my religious order is here, so that we may defend the innocent and give them hope for the future. And she, um, likes things that gladden the heart. Pretty designs, happy scenery... Like ridiculously pink chapels filled with cushions and floral fragrances, that sort of thing.

[Gate - Andy]

The Air Assault soldiers don't know much about officers of other platoons. All they can really do is show Andy to her quarters and help bring her gear there.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #34

Chapel

Consider me converted, then. I may be interested in joining some order of paladins of Civiron in the future, if possible, actually.
    Is there anything special that needs to happen?

Sophia inquires.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #35

[Chapel]

Civvy's pocket starts buzzing quietly, and playing some cheerful music.
    She grins slightly, almost nervously, like she got caught with her hand in the cookie-jar, and backs off several feet, pulling out a pink cell-phone from the musically inclined pocket.

"Hello? Oh, hey! It's been forever! How are you? . . . . that's good! Glad to hear that! How's the weather over there?" And various other small-talk. She's trying to be quiet, and not interrupt the conversation going on. Or the worshipping going on. Or the people doing other unspecified chapel related holy-stuff.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #36

Uh, there are rites, of course. Religious and martial training. The lieutenant is trying hard not to shrug. It's not easy, but it's pretty straight forward. And then she gives a mildly exasperated look to the pink-haired girl having a phone conversation in this holy place. She's bound to be disturbing one of Bella's people's reverent meditation, but she can't exactly tell her to knock it off.

7. - Top - End - #37

Uh, there are rites, of course. Religious and martial training. The lieutenant is trying hard not to shrug. It's not easy, but it's pretty straight forward. And then she gives a mildly exasperated look to the pink-haired girl having a phone conversation in this holy place. She's bound to be disturbing one of Bella's people's reverent meditation, but she can't exactly tell her to knock it off.
    I have a feeling I have the martial part covered, to be honest. I'm ex military and work for VIGIL. But I digress. I'll join in the future once i clear up some things. Thanks for answering my questions, by the way. I appreciate it.
    sophia offers a hand to shake, and soon afterwards departs.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I have a feeling I have the martial part covered, to be honest. I'm ex military and work for VIGIL. But I digress. I'll join in the future once i clear up some things. Thanks for answering my questions, by the way. I appreciate it.
    sophia offers a hand to shake, and soon afterwards departs.
    "Actually." Civvy says, after saying a quick 'talk to you later, love you, byeee' into the phone. She puts the phone back into her pocket, and turns to face Sophia before she can leave.
    "You should stay here. If you go out there, you are going to be killed. I'm not sure by what, but my source of information couldn't have lied to me.
    So I offer you sanctuary for about a week. That should cover it."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Actually." Civvy says, after saying a quick 'talk to you later, love you, byeee' into the phone. She puts the phone back into her pocket, and turns to face Sophia before she can leave.
    "You should stay here. If you go out there, you are going to be killed. I'm not sure by what, but my source of information couldn't have lied to me.
    So I offer you sanctuary for about a week. That should cover it."
    Im guessing your source is in the future then? I'd rather not risk a paradox.
    If you feel the need to help so badly though, could you attempt resurrection? Chances are I know who'll kill me, and if so I can't stay dead for long.

Sophia replies.

Three days later, Sophia returns!
    Im back. Think I'm ready to sign up.
    Sophia announces, slightly exhausted.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-11-05 at 05:16 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Chapel

Bellatrix isn't in the building when Sophia returns, but she apparently told the other paladins about her last visit. When the Titan shifter announces her intent to take her vows, she is led to the pink-haired girl from before.

11. - Top - End - #41

Chapel

Bellatrix isn't in the building when Sophia returns, but she apparently told the other paladins about her last visit. When the Titan shifter announces her intent to take her vows, she is led to the pink-haired girl from before.
    Chapel

Civvy's in one of the back rooms, with the door shut.
    It's shut, and locked, to make people knock, so Civvy can have a few moments to compose herself.

Because ratty jeans and a loose t-shirt, while playing Smash is probably not a good way for people to see their goddess.

She's playing Peach, for anyone curious.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Chapel

Civvy's in one of the back rooms, with the door shut.
    It's shut, and locked, to make people knock, so Civvy can have a few moments to compose herself.

Because ratty jeans and a loose t-shirt, while playing Smash is probably not a good way for people to see their goddess.

She's playing Peach, for anyone curious.
    And so, eventually Sophia knocks upon the door after a while!
    How exciting and deserving of much description!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #43

And so, eventually Sophia knocks upon the door after a while!
    How exciting and deserving of much description!
    After a few seconds, the door opens, to reveal Civvy in her full, formal dress glory!

"May I help you?"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

After a few seconds, the door opens, to reveal Civvy in her full, formal dress glory!

"May I help you?"
    Sophia waves a greeting.
    Hello. I'm ready to begin training miss.
    Sophia announces formally.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Sophia waves a greeting.
    Hello. I'm ready to begin training miss.
    Sophia announces formally.
    [Chapel]

"But, that's," Civvy blinks. This was minorly confusing. "but you haven't sworn anything. You can't start your training yet. You literally vanished last time.

Do you want to go through with this? It's not too late if you don't want to?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

[Chapel]

"But, that's," Civvy blinks. This was minorly confusing. "but you haven't sworn anything. You can't start your training yet. You literally vanished last time.

Do you want to go through with this? It's not too late if you don't want to?"
    Sorry, I had mistaken the process.
    I do, miss. I wish to pledge my life to the service of spreading hope and saving people.

Sophia answers with determination and utter assurance.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Sorry, I had mistaken the process.
    I do, miss. I wish to pledge my life to the service of spreading hope and saving people.

Sophia answers with determination and utter assurance.
    "Do you swear to be a protector of the weak, to spread hope to those that need it, to fight alongside your brothers and sisters when you must, but not to go seeking out fights unnecessarily?" Civvy asks, fairly formally.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

"Do you swear to be a protector of the weak, to spread hope to those that need it, to fight alongside your brothers and sisters when you must, but not to go seeking out fights unnecessarily?" Civvy asks, fairly formally.
    Sophia nods with commitment.
    I swear.
    She answers, reinforcing her physical action.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Sophia nods with commitment.
    I swear.
    She answers, reinforcing her physical action.
    "Then have Bellatrix - hi there! - show you the ropes." The middle was interrupted with a happy smile and nod to the paladin.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

[Chapel]

Lt. Vulpan, leader of the paladin platoon, finds herself before her goddess and that potential recruit she talked with last week. She brushes her hair back before she gets suds in her eyes and politely tries to catch up on why she's suddenly here. Ropes, my Lady? She doesn't show any surprise, being fairly used to being wherever she was needed to be. Divine calling is pretty cool like that. But Sophia may feel some surprise at the woman's abrupt appearance, especially considering that she was teleported straight here from the shower.

21. - Top - End - #51

Chapel

Sophia blushes profusely at the sight, staying silent despite being startled and taken aback.
    She waits to receive orders, trying to keep her gaze from wandering down.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #52

[Chapel]

Lt. Vulpan, leader of the paladin platoon, finds herself before her goddess and that potential recruit she talked with last week. She brushes her hair back before she gets suds in her eyes and politely tries to catch up on why she's suddenly here. Ropes, my Lady? She doesn't show any surprise, being fairly used to being wherever she was needed to be. Divine calling is pretty cool like that. But Sophia may feel some surprise at the woman's abrupt appearance, especially considering that she was teleported straight here from the shower.
    Chapel

Sophia blushes profusely at the sight, staying silent despite being startled and taken aback.
    She waits to receive orders, trying to keep her gaze from wandering down.
    Civvy snaps her fingers! And just like that, Bella finds herself in a dress that much matches Civvy's!

And dry. And the dress was in whichever colors Bella would prefer, so long as those colors are pink and white.
    "You know." Civvy says to Bella, smiling slightly. "Around. Where to sleep. Where to train. Who to report to. You're better qualified for that than I."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Chapel

Urk! Bella's breathing is temporarily interrupted as a direct result of being corseted forthwith. Fortunately, she possesses enough self-control to not bap her goddess over the head... in front of witnesses. There will be a reckoning later, although those sleeves are pretty cute. Oh. Those ropes. Yes. She coughs, regains as much professional composure as one can after being dressed up like a doll. You will not be formally attached with the platoon here and will remain outside of the Vulpanian Armed Forces. That should help avoid conflicts of interest with VIGIL. But you will be allowed the same access to our base here as any of your brothers or sisters. We're sequestered in a separate barracks, one floor each for women, men, and officers, and you'll have a bunk and locker there should you want it. Mess hall is shared with everyone, so play nice with the others. Even the spooks and those arrogant Ranger Teams. She makes a sternly disapproving face, the expression of the self-righteous when contemplating lesser inhibited beings. Uh... I can give you a crash course in the basics, but you would be fine with an offscreen tutorial on your new powers. Theological lessons are in the chapel, martial exercises in the courtyard. If you're going to run off and do something crazy on your own, try to tell me about it first or as soon afterwards as you can manage. Questions?
    I hope Sophia got all that. Her new boss is inadvertently distracting at the moment, with that dress doing amazing things for her already fantastic figure. Oh, one other thing the titan shifter would notice is, in between all that cleavage, Bella has a rather large scar visible above the top of that dress. Battle is deadly jealous to the beautiful, always seeking to mar bodies to better suit its inherent ugliness.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2014-11-22 at 10:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Chapel

yes, but just in case.... Repeat everything cuz I wasn't listening.
    No miss. Understood.

Sophia has a certain aptitude upon not ogling superiors unless covertly while during info dumps, thankfully. She knows well the proper times for such things.
    And so, offscreen training may commence!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Chapel

Urk! Bella's breathing is temporarily interrupted as a direct result of being corseted forthwith. Fortunately, she possesses enough self-control to not bap her goddess over the head... in front of witnesses. There will be a reckoning later, although those sleeves are pretty cute.
    Chapel

"You look good!" Civvy makes sure to let Bella know, beaming a grin at her.
    "I give you two my permission to go about your duties. Unless either of you have anything else you need to ask of me?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Courtyard

Sophia can be located in here, practicing with vigor her unarmed combat skills.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #57

Civiron's room

Civiron will hear a knock at the door!
    Well, probably.
    I mean, she could be somewhere else, or her door is actually impervious to door knocking, or she could be deaf for some reason. Of maybe Civiron hates the sound of knocking do much whoever tries is sent to the middle of the venus rainforest.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Civiron's room

Civiron will hear a knock at the door!
    Well, probably.
    I mean, she could be somewhere else, or her door is actually impervious to door knocking, or she could be deaf for some reason. Of maybe Civiron hates the sound of knocking do much whoever tries is sent to the middle of the venus rainforest.
    The door opened a crack. "Mmm?" She asks, sounding bleary, and like she just woke up.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

The door opened a crack. "Mmm?" She asks, sounding bleary, and like she just woke up.
    On the other side of the hinged wall part stands Sophia, clad in her usual cropped military jacket upon a violet sweater, paired with an ankle-length white skirt. Her dark crimson locks are cut to her shoulderblades, and her holy symbol hangs from her neck via necklace.
    Hey, um, would it be possible I could talk to you about something?
    sophia inquires.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

On the other side of the hinged wall part stands Sophia, clad in her usual cropped military jacket upon a violet sweater, paired with an ankle-length white skirt. Her dark crimson locks are cut to her shoulderblades, and her holy symbol hangs from her neck via necklace.
    Hey, um, would it be possible I could talk to you about something?
    sophia inquires.
    "Of course. What's up?" Civvy, though Sophia couldn't see because there's a door in the way, is still wearing her snazzy dress. All that can be seen at the moment, though, is just the side of her head through the crack in the door.
    Show