New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fort Itude

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fort Itude

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Of course. What's up?" Civvy, though Sophia couldn't see because there's a door in the way, is still wearing her snazzy dress. All that can be seen at the moment, though, is just the side of her head through the crack in the door.
    I just need a bit of help with using one of my powers. I'm not exactly a normal human, you see...
    Sophia replies. She seems a bit nervous.
    A bit meaning slightly. I think. Relativistic definitions are hard!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I just need a bit of help with using one of my powers. I'm not exactly a normal human, you see...
    Sophia replies. She seems a bit nervous.
    A bit meaning slightly. I think. Relativistic definitions are hard!
    "Which . . . what? What do you mean?" Civvy asks, obviously confused.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #63

"Which . . . what? What do you mean?" Civvy asks, obviously confused.
    Well, do you know what a titan shifter is?
    Sophia inquires.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #64

Well, do you know what a titan shifter is?
    Sophia inquires.
    "Not in the slightest. What's that?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #65

"Not in the slightest. What's that?"
    A titan shifter is a human who has the capability to transform into a giant, humanoid figure, ranging from 4 to 15 meters in height with powerful regeneration capabilities that result in it being effectively immortal, though not impervious, unless the nape of the neck is severed, along with unique abilities varying for each one. I also possess the regeneration abilities even out of titan form, so as long as I can heal the injuries before it results in death, as is the case of bleeding out, I'm fine.
    The issue is the drawbacks upon the user.

Sophia takes a deep breath to calm herself.
    with each transformation, I may risk losing control of the form and becoming like the titans I fought back home: mindless killing machines. It's only happened once for one shifter as far as I know, so it may not be truly a dire risk, but I worry about using my powers.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

6. - Top - End - #66

A titan shifter is a human who has the capability to transform into a giant, humanoid figure, ranging from 4 to 15 meters in height with powerful regeneration capabilities that result in it being effectively immortal, though not impervious, unless the nape of the neck is severed, along with unique abilities varying for each one. I also possess the regeneration abilities even out of titan form, so as long as I can heal the injuries before it results in death, as is the case of bleeding out, I'm fine.
    The issue is the drawbacks upon the user.

Sophia takes a deep breath to calm herself.
    with each transformation, I may risk losing control of the form and becoming like the titans I fought back home: mindless killing machines. It's only happened once for one shifter as far as I know, so it may not be truly a dire risk, but I worry about using my powers.
    "All right. I can understand that." Civvy says with the tone of 'do go on'.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67

"All right. I can understand that." Civvy says with the tone of 'do go on'.
    Im just not sure how to deal with this, as my titan form is often crucial in combat for me, but I fear it could result in the deaths of those I fight with or for.
    Sophia explains.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #68

Im just not sure how to deal with this, as my titan form is often crucial in combat for me, but I fear it could result in the deaths of those I fight with or for.
    Sophia explains.
    "Thennnn ask me to keep you sane while you do it? In a formal setting, please."

It makes the paperwork easier for spells if they come via actual prayers.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

"Thennnn ask me to keep you sane while you do it? In a formal setting, please."

It makes the paperwork easier for spells if they come via actual prayers.
    Sophia blinks
    [color=goldenrod]Well, I was kinda hoping for you to weigh in on the situation, honestly, I wasn't trying to guilt trip you into a little boon of some sort[/color=goldenrod]
    Sophia replies in a "what?! No!" Kinda tone due to possible misinterpretation.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #70

Sophia blinks
    Well, I was kinda hoping for you to weigh in on the situation, honestly, I wasn't trying to guilt trip you into a little boon of some sort
    Sophia replies in a "what?! No!" Kinda tone due to possible misinterpretation.
    "But you're not guilting me at all? And that is me weighing in on the situation: if you want help, I can give it to you? I don't understand."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71

"But you're not guilting me at all? And that is me weighing in on the situation: if you want help, I can give it to you? I don't understand."
    Oh... I just, well, wanted to make it clear it wasn't me trying to take advantage of your divine status for my own benefit, is all. I come from a world where honestly, that sort of thing isn't exactly rare.
    Sophia explains with a bit of awkwardness
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #72

Oh... I just, well, wanted to make it clear it wasn't me trying to take advantage of your divine status for my own benefit, is all. I come from a world where honestly, that sort of thing isn't exactly rare.
    Sophia explains with a bit of awkwardness
    "But . . . you're not? That's part of following a god? They help you be strong when you might not be able to do it yourself. You wouldn't be taking advantage of my divine status entirely. You are repaying me with your service. Spreading the word, protecting those that can't protect themselves, helping keep you sane is the very least I could do in exchange."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

"But . . . you're not? That's part of following a god? They help you be strong when you might not be able to do it yourself. You wouldn't be taking advantage of my divine status entirely. You are repaying me with your service. Spreading the word, protecting those that can't protect themselves, helping keep you sane is the very least I could do in exchange."
    Sophia nods in understanding.
    I admit I didn't really think of it that way. This whole thing's kinda a new concept for me to be honest.
    Sophia admits.
    im, um, gonna go pray now. It's the least I can do to save you some holy paperwork as well. And, if you ever need any help, I'm entirely willing to help out any of your followers or even yourself if they ever need aid in learning to protect those who need it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #74

Sophia nods in understanding.
    I admit I didn't really think of it that way. This whole thing's kinda a new concept for me to be honest.
    Sophia admits.
    im, um, gonna go pray now. It's the least I can do to save you some holy paperwork as well. And, if you ever need any help, I'm entirely willing to help out any of your followers or even yourself if they ever need aid in learning to protect those who need it.
    "That's all right!" Civvy replies with a warm smile. "No one's expecting you to magically know everything right away.

And that,"
    She says, cheered by Sophia's last sentence, "is why you deserve it. Just keep your eyes open for things you can help with, and listen to the paladins in charge. They'll get you all sorted out when there's work to be done.

Anything else I can do for you?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

"That's all right!" Civvy replies with a warm smile. "No one's expecting you to magically know everything right away.

And that,"
    She says, cheered by Sophia's last sentence, "is why you deserve it. Just keep your eyes open for things you can help with, and listen to the paladins in charge. They'll get you all sorted out when there's work to be done.

Anything else I can do for you?"
    Sophia places a fist upon her heart as she folds her left behind her back, smiling gratefully.
    There's nothing i can think of, at the momrnt.
    Thank you, Civiron. Feel free to contact me in any way of you ever have people who need training or aid.

She will likely then make her leave to pray soon after
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Sophia places a fist upon her heart as she folds her left behind her back, smiling gratefully.
    There's nothing i can think of, at the momrnt.
    Thank you, Civiron. Feel free to contact me in any way of you ever have people who need training or aid.

She will likely then make her leave to pray soon after
    "You're very welcome. And the same of you, if you ever have need of me."
    Show