New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A touch of badness!

Arlen, unable to read the note gives an 'I dunno' shrug as he continues to watch Naku with a sense of concern.
    Meanwhile the moment passes and the flamboyant ghoul returns with even more kick in his step then before.
    "Tadaa!" He announces in a high pitch tone excitedly.
    Folded across his outstretched arms was an elegant strapless cocktail dress made from the finest deep red material.

"It's so your colour" he says with a grin and a wink holding it infront of Naku's blood soaked clothing. Passing right through Arlen like he wasn't even there.
    "It might be a 'lil' tight but it's going to look Gorgeous! just don't ask what it's doing laying around. ok."

When and if Naku takes it he will clap his hands together excitedly.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Arlen, unable to read the note gives an 'I dunno' shrug as he continues to watch Naku with a sense of concern.
    Meanwhile the moment passes and the flamboyant ghoul returns with even more kick in his step then before.
    "Tadaa!" He announces in a high pitch tone excitedly.
    Folded across his outstretched arms was an elegant strapless cocktail dress made from the finest deep red material.

"It's so your colour" he says with a grin and a wink holding it infront of Naku's blood soaked clothing. Passing right through Arlen like he wasn't even there.
    "It might be a 'lil' tight but it's going to look Gorgeous! just don't ask what it's doing laying around. ok."

When and if Naku takes it he will clap his hands together excitedly.
    Naku looks at the note. She blinks once. Then twice. Then slowly holds it up, and rips it into little pieces, the rage obvious on her face.

Then the ghoul returns! And Naku just staaaares at the dress. "That . . . I . . . is that for . . . me?" she asks quietly, eyes wide, and in a voice that really betrays just how young she actually is.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku looks at the note. She blinks once. Then twice. Then slowly holds it up, and rips it into little pieces, the rage obvious on her face.

Then the ghoul returns! And Naku just staaaares at the dress. "That . . . I . . . is that for . . . me?" she asks quietly, eyes wide, and in a voice that really betrays just how young she actually is.
    "O'course doll, it ain't well gonna fit that lil ol lady now, 'n' I can't have you running around looking like that" he says sternly yet friendly, nodding to her current clothes as he pushes the fine expensive dress out to her.
    "Ghost boy, now nick off while the lady gets changed and cleaned up" he snaps while suddenly flicking his wrist through Arlen's face.

This clearly disorientated the boy who soon complied, giving Mrs McGinty a confused look as he passes to the stairwell.

"Hmm" he moans crossing his arms and tapping his chin while looking at the old lady at the back.

4. - Top - End - #124

"O'course doll, it ain't well gonna fit that lil ol lady now, 'n' I can't have you running around looking like that" he says sternly yet friendly, nodding to her current clothes as he pushes the fine expensive dress out to her.
    "Ghost boy, now nick off while the lady gets changed and cleaned up" he snaps while suddenly flicking his wrist through Arlen's face.

This clearly disorientated the boy who soon complied, giving Mrs McGinty a confused look as he passes to the stairwell.

"Hmm" he moans crossing his arms and tapping his chin while looking at the old lady at the back.
    Naku nods, looking down at her armor. It was rather looking beaten up, and this dress was pretty nice looking.

"Is there a . . . uh. Place I could go to change? With running water, preferably?"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku nods, looking down at her armor. It was rather looking beaten up, and this dress was pretty nice looking.

"Is there a . . . uh. Place I could go to change? With running water, preferably?"
    Still sizing up the old lady he replies with a bemused scoff, a sort of little giggle, then speaking with his hands as much his words he explains.
    "Darlin, this is the grand Excelsior! Course we got places to change, doll we got places you can do jusssst about anything."
    His perky vocal tone danceing all over the place, all whilst he gives an eager, excited pearly white smile.

"BUT"

"You can't get there looking like that"
    He quickly dissappear again shortly returning, His frail frame struggling under the weight of a washing bucket full of water and a soaked scrubbing towel, wrapped in his arms.
    "There" he says as he awkwardly places the bucket down with a sloshing splash. Regain his composure and dusting himself down he continues.
    "Sorry, that's gonna hav ta do gorgeous."

6. - Top - End - #126

Still sizing up the old lady he replies with a bemused scoff, a sort of little giggle, then speaking with his hands as much his words he explains.
    "Darlin, this is the grand Excelsior! Course we got places to change, doll we got places you can do jusssst about anything."
    His perky vocal tone danceing all over the place, all whilst he gives an eager, excited pearly white smile.

"BUT"

"You can't get there looking like that"
    He quickly dissappear again shortly returning, His frail frame struggling under the weight of a washing bucket full of water and a soaked scrubbing towel, wrapped in his arms.
    "There" he says as he awkwardly places the bucket down with a sloshing splash. Regain his composure and dusting himself down he continues.
    "Sorry, that's gonna hav ta do gorgeous."
    This was a terrible idea. The last everything she had found had tried to kill her. Naku shook her head, slightly. Not at anything the man had said, but to clear her own thoughts. This was not a smart thing to do.

But she had never worn a dress. She had always really wanted to. And this one looked really nice.

Whatever. She'll be fine. "Fine. Is there at least some sort of corner to step around?" She asks, already starting to dab at her face.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

This was a terrible idea. The last everything she had found had tried to kill her. Naku shook her head, slightly. Not at anything the man had said, but to clear her own thoughts. This was not a smart thing to do.

But she had never worn a dress. She had always really wanted to. And this one looked really nice.

Whatever. She'll be fine. "Fine. Is there at least some sort of corner to step around?" She asks, already starting to dab at her face.
    "Hun, the boys gone (up the stairs) and no offence, I'm sure it's a sight but it ain't nothing I'm interested in or haven't seen before."

Regardless of his words he slips behind the door and gently closes it calling back with enthusiasm.

"Just holler when your ready, ooh I can't wait!"

Now Naku is alone in the small corridor between the door to a fancy bar and underground hidden stairwell. Left in the dark with two corpses, a bucket and a pretty dress. (I'm sure MsMcginty will climb up the spiral stairs if Naku wants complete privacy)

8. - Top - End - #128

"Hun, the boys gone (up the stairs) and no offence, I'm sure it's a sight but it ain't nothing I'm interested in or haven't seen before."

Regardless of his words he slips behind the door and gently closes it calling back with enthusiasm.

"Just holler when your ready, ooh I can't wait!"

Now Naku is alone in the small corridor between the door to a fancy bar and underground hidden stairwell. Left in the dark with two corpses, a bucket and a pretty dress. (I'm sure MsMcginty will climb up the spiral stairs if Naku wants complete privacy)
    "Dumb. Dumbdumbdumb." Naku keeps telling herself after the man left, as she undid the layers of ties keeping her armor on.
    She's quite glad that everyone had left (unless McGinty hadn't. In which case Naku's distracted and doesn't notice her), so she doesn't get questioned about the amount of scars she's collected. Not as many as Arrow has, but still more than her fair share. Though they had been fading a bit more quickly recently, so maybe they'll all vanish before too terribly long. That might be nice. Though the strapless nature of the dress means that the new cuts along her shoulders and some of the holes left over from the shotfgun blast were still visible. As is a large bite looking scar where a large werewolf had tried to bite and sever her arm off at the shoulder. And the leftover set of 3 scars on the back of her leg where something had tried to rip out her hamstring and she had mostly-dodged.

Naku quickly manages to wiggle her way into the dress. It was, as the man had feared, somewhat tight. The overall size was close to all right, though, so that was a plus! Turns out that she cleans up really well, and looks absolutely stunning. Only thing off now is that her eyes are still red . . .
    Last edited by Mee; 2014-12-12 at 01:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh my lord" the ghoul can be herd gasping from behind the now slightly opened door.
    It creeks open and he is standing there wide eyed, admiring on in amazement.
    "I just knew it was for you" he says strutting in and examining Naku.
    "Oh my aren't you just a sight for sore eyes, girl you are just absolutely stunning!"
    "Mmm hmm"
    His eyes run over every fine detail of the delicate dress, he has an equal air of pride in himself for his choice of dress as he does admiration for Naku's appearance. In his hands he holds a sheet of fabric with an elegant patern embroided upon it.

"Now that you are absolutely fabulous it's time to do something with this ol' lady from the shoe"

With a dainty flick of the wrists he throws the sheet out and lets it fall over Mrs McGinty to cover her in the way a child dresses like a ghost. "Tadaa, There done." Caught up in his own humor he laughs for a moment before getting serious, and after a bit of tuckin twisting folding and tying off, soon the soft silky material now resembles a sophisticated and fashionable outfit.

"Ladies, good luck in there, the boy must stay, they will recognise him, I can't help you when things start going south, sure you don't wanna forget him and have some drinks with me?" He asks hopefully as he finally leads them into the tavern.

"I'll be at the bar, the boy is in the arena"
    He then blows them both kisses and rushes off to waiter on an impatient looking snake lady.

10. - Top - End - #130

"Oh my lord" the ghoul can be herd gasping from behind the now slightly opened door.
    It creeks open and he is standing there wide eyed, admiring on in amazement.
    "I just knew it was for you" he says strutting in and examining Naku.
    "Oh my aren't you just a sight for sore eyes, girl you are just absolutely stunning!"
    "Mmm hmm"
    His eyes run over every fine detail of the delicate dress, he has an equal air of pride in himself for his choice of dress as he does admiration for Naku's appearance. In his hands he holds a sheet of fabric with an elegant patern embroided upon it.

"Now that you are absolutely fabulous it's time to do something with this ol' lady from the shoe"

With a dainty flick of the wrists he throws the sheet out and lets it fall over Mrs McGinty to cover her in the way a child dresses like a ghost. "Tadaa, There done." Caught up in his own humor he laughs for a moment before getting serious, and after a bit of tuckin twisting folding and tying off, soon the soft silky material now resembles a sophisticated and fashionable outfit.

"Ladies, good luck in there, the boy must stay, they will recognise him, I can't help you when things start going south, sure you don't wanna forget him and have some drinks with me?" He asks hopefully as he finally leads them into the tavern.

"I'll be at the bar, the boy is in the arena"
    He then blows them both kisses and rushes off to waiter on an impatient looking snake lady.
    Naku blushes slightly at the compliments, before saying a quiet "Thank you."

"B-before you go," Naku asks the man, before he's able to leave, "is it possible for you to get this delivered somewhere? I don't want to just leave it here?" She asks, holding up her suit of still fairly bloody armor.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku blushes slightly at the compliments, before saying a quiet "Thank you."

"B-before you go," Naku asks the man, before he's able to leave, "is it possible for you to get this delivered somewhere? I don't want to just leave it here?" She asks, holding up her suit of still fairly bloody armor.
    He happily obliges, "if you leave here I'll see to it that it finds you" and gives a farewell nod and smile, handling the bloody outfit carefully.

12. - Top - End - #132

He happily obliges, "if you leave here I'll see to it that it finds you" and gives a farewell nod and smile, handling the bloody outfit carefully.
    Aww. Naku was kind of hoping that the armor would be sent back with no explanation to the DFI. That could have been kind of amusing, in a twisted sort of way.

"Thank you very much.

Are you ready to go look for Arlen's body?"
    Naku asks, looking back at Mrs McGinty.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Mrs McGinty looks uncomfortable in her silky new outfit; 'fashionable' and 'sophisticated' are two words that have never been used to describe anything about her, least of all her clothes; 'dull' and 'frumpy' would be the more usual adjectives.

Still clutching the black wallet in her hand, the overdressed cook with the half-burned hair checks Naku up and down with a nod and says "Well, at least one of us looks the part. That dress really suits you. I feel like a prize idiot in this get-up."

"Anyhows, I don't know about you, but I'm parched after all that action. I wonder if they do mojitos here..."
    Last edited by Mrs McGinty; 2014-12-13 at 09:05 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground

About to rescue Arlen's body

Unless there's a teleport ward, a rather bloody Titan shifter will pop into existence by the group, skidding a bit.
    Sorry for the prolonged absence. My fayher's teleporter malfunctioned and then immediately broke, and it's surprisingly difficult to find others.
    She apologizes with irritation, mainly due to previous events
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

There is no teleportation ward, Sophia skids right into the tavern and the room falls deadly silent, all listening in on her explanation with interest.
    Eyes of all shapes and colours fall onto her, watching with a mix of distrust, anxiety and hunger.
    Except the ghoul... His face is clearly one of fear and surprise with a hint of disappointment that Naku's quest is over so soon.

Sophia in her bloody outfit stands out like a sore thumb. In a room of sophistication and grace the scent of raw blood alone brings a hunger and alarm to over half the creatures present.

The three are suddenly at the attention of everyone. Their fate now hanging on their very next actions or words.

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Mrs McGinty looks uncomfortable in her silky new outfit; 'fashionable' and 'sophisticated' are two words that have never been used to describe anything about her, least of all her clothes; 'dull' and 'frumpy' would be the more usual adjectives.

Still clutching the black wallet in her hand, the overdressed cook with the half-burned hair checks Naku up and down with a nod and says "Well, at least one of us looks the part. That dress really suits you. I feel like a prize idiot in this get-up."

"Anyhows, I don't know about you, but I'm parched after all that action. I wonder if they do mojitos here..."
    "Thank you very much. But you look fine-" Naku was cut off, though, by . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    About to rescue Arlen's body

Unless there's a teleport ward, a rather bloody Titan shifter will pop into existence by the group, skidding a bit.
    Sorry for the prolonged absence. My fayher's teleporter malfunctioned and then immediately broke, and it's surprisingly difficult to find others.
    She apologizes with irritation, mainly due to previous events
    Oh dear.

There is no teleportation ward, Sophia skids right into the tavern and the room falls deadly silent, all listening in on her explanation with interest.
    Eyes of all shapes and colours fall onto her, watching with a mix of distrust, anxiety and hunger.
    Except the ghoul... His face is clearly one of fear and surprise with a hint of disappointment that Naku's quest is over so soon.

Sophia in her bloody outfit stands out like a sore thumb. In a room of sophistication and grace the scent of raw blood alone brings a hunger and alarm to over half the creatures present.

The three are suddenly at the attention of everyone. Their fate now hanging on their very next actions or words.
    Oooooooh dear. "Sophia," Naku hisses, "please step outside, around the corner, where they can't see you."

Then Naku steps forwards several steps. "Good evening, everyone. I apologize for my . . . compatriot's appearance. She's heading back out, so as to not offend your tastes."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

As Naku attempts to diffuse the situation with some calming words, Mrs McGinty moves swiftly towards the bar, opening her wallet as she approaches, taking out a jet black credit card embossed with blood red writing, and holding it up for all to see*. Speaking loud enough that all the occupants of the tavern can hear, she announces with a flourish "The drinks are on me tonight, everyone. Come on, let's party!"

*Anybody who's been to hell will be aware that it contains an awful lot of bankers, with the result that credit is very easy to come by in the underworld. The card currently being waved about by Mrs McGinty is of a type issued by the Diabolical Banking Corporation to their most valued business customers, and advances the holder enough credit to buy a fully-stocked dungeon and hire an army of elite goblin warriors to defend it. Needless to say, the resulting debts can be a devil to service.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Then Naku steps forwards several steps. "Good evening, everyone. I apologize for my . . . compatriot's appearance. She's heading back out, so as to not offend your tastes."
    After Naku's words the tension hangs so heavy in the air it could almost be cut. The soft grinding of chairs and heavy breathing could be heard in the depths of the cold silence as patrons began standing to their feet.

The door that they all had once entered in through is no longer there. A plain solid wall is all that exists behind them. Their exit has vanished, leaving no escaping now.
    And as the patrons shuffle and slide about surrounding the small new group It feels as if they are being hungrily studied by peircing eyes that are slowly closing in.

At this point it's not completely clear what they will do or when, but that moment of finding out draws nearer and nearer.

As Naku attempts to diffuse the situation with some calming words, Mrs McGinty moves swiftly towards the bar, opening her wallet as she approaches, taking out a jet black credit card embossed with blood red writing, and holding it up for all to see*. Speaking loud enough that all the occupants of the tavern can hear, she announces with a flourish "The drinks are on me tonight, everyone. Come on, let's party!"
    ... Nothing, the old lady barly got a bat of an eyelid let alone a twist of the head. Money was clearly of no concern here.
    Suddenly the sound of shattering glass breaks the eerie silence and the loud clang of a serving plate hitting the floor rings through out the room.

A small circle forms around the goul who slaps his hands together to demand attention.
    "Alright all, you herd the lady, drinks are covered, that is enough to compensate for their slaves error."

"Lady in red, take it out back, old lady bring me that sweet plastic." The ghoul barks the orders, his tone as flamboyant as ever only louder, his hands directing them as he speaks.
    The room returns to its normal chattering humm. The drinks bar grows increasingly crowded but malicious eyes still fall heavily on the three.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-12-14 at 01:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

After Naku's words the tension hangs so heavy in the air it could almost be cut. The soft grinding of chairs and heavy breathing could be heard in the depths of the cold silence as patrons began standing to their feet.

The door that they all had once entered in through is no longer there. A plain solid wall is all that exists behind them. Their exit has vanished, leaving no escaping now.
    And as the patrons shuffle and slide about surrounding the small new group It feels as if they are being hungrily studied by peircing eyes that are slowly closing in.

At this point it's not completely clear what they will do or when, but that moment of finding out draws nearer and nearer.

... Nothing, the old lady barly got a bat of an eyelid let alone a twist of the head. Money was clearly of no concern here.
    Suddenly the sound of shattering glass breaks the eerie silence and the loud clang of a serving plate hitting the floor rings through out the room.

A small circle forms around the goul who slaps his hands together to demand attention.
    "Alright all, you herd the lady, drinks are covered, that is enough to compensate for their slaves error."

"Lady in red, take it out back, old lady bring me that sweet plastic." The ghoul barks the orders, his tone as flamboyant as ever only louder, his hands directing them as he speaks.
    The room returns to its normal chattering humm. The bar grows increasingly crowded but malicious eyes still fall heavily on the three.
    Sophia follows Naku's instructions, slowly sheathing her blades and warily moving out of view. She seems to be clutching an amulet in her left hand, covering it from sight, but that may be a bit hard to spot for the patrons
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

The room returns to its normal chattering humm. The drinks bar grows increasingly crowded but malicious eyes still fall heavily on the three.
    Mrs McGinty hands over the card with a smile. "Here you go, dear. Just keep it behind the bar for now. Mine's a mojito, by the way. Double rum. Not too much ice. Spearmint if you've got it."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Mrs McGinty hands over the card with a smile. "Here you go, dear. Just keep it behind the bar for now. Mine's a mojito, by the way. Double rum. Not too much ice. Spearmint if you've got it."
    The ghoul suddenly gasps in shock and stops everything he's doing, he stares at the old lady, wide eyed and mouthed, then breaking the tense stillness he clasps both hands over his chest.
    "Doll' you're a woman of my own heart" he says playfully with a big smile, and starts conjuring up a large amount of the desired drink, after digging out some top shelf rum and two larger than nescesary cocktail glasses.

"Falun" the ghoul calls loudly, "I need some help here"
    Sure enough two young males quickly accompanied him behind the bar. However they bore marks of servants. Their clothing just lush enough to fit in, was boring. A large identical brand marked their necks and everything they did was in silence with their head down.

Meanwhile a very soft, warm, gentlemanly voice whispers over Naku's shoulder "I'm sorry, but you must take your friend to the slave quarters" and with that a pair of light chain manacles clinks as it is placed into her hand.

The man behind the voice vanishes before Naku or Sophia can notice him, leaving the bindings and a familiar scent. (Familiar to them both.)

22. - Top - End - #142

Meanwhile a very soft, warm, gentlemanly voice whispers over Naku's shoulder "I'm sorry, but you must take your friend to the slave quarters" and with that a pair of light chain manacles clinks as it is placed into her hand.

The man behind the voice vanishes before Naku or Sophia can notice him, leaving the bindings and a familiar scent. (Familiar to them both.)
    Sophia follows Naku's instructions, slowly sheathing her blades and warily moving out of view. She seems to be clutching an amulet in her left hand, covering it from sight, but that may be a bit hard to spot for the patrons
    Now that finals are over, and I can post again, Naku snarls a "Gladly." before taking the chains.

"This will never be spoken of again." Naku tells Sophia, clinking the chains on (unless Sophia objects), and hauling her off to the slave quarters, wherever that might be.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Now that finals are over, and I can post again, Naku snarls a "Gladly." before taking the chains.

"This will never be spoken of again." Naku tells Sophia, clinking the chains on (unless Sophia objects), and hauling her off to the slave quarters, wherever that might be.
    Sophia concurs.
    Agreed.
    She replies, her expression darkened due to the voice.
    We should be wary. Knowing who the owner of that voice is, this is likely a trap.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

As she waits for her cocktail, Mrs McGinty slows her breathing and relaxes her mind, allowing her finely-honed sense of smell to examine the bar and its occupants in closer detail.

25. - Top - End - #145

Sophia concurs.
    Agreed.
    She replies, her expression darkened due to the voice.
    We should be wary. Knowing who the owner of that voice is, this is likely a trap.
    "Yes. I realize that. But we're damned whatever we do, and one person mad at us is much better than everyone here mad at us.

Now, will you be quite all right on your own for a bit?"
    Naku asks in a still very, very angry tone.

Presumably they reach the slave area soonish.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

As Sophia is shackled the crowd slowly parts creating a clear and expected path towards what must be the slavers den.

The response of the diabolical patrons as the two walk down the created path are a mix of disproving grins, looking down snobby raised noses and deep hungry malicious stares as the girls create all manner of unholy thoughts in the more animalistic inclined.

The door was simple and nice enough to accommodate the lavish room but what existed behind was vastly different by contrast.
    If the bar was upper class, this was surely their lower class.

The thick smell of hobbit weed and opium hung in the dimly lit room, a haze of smoke filled the air. Thugs in ragged clothing sat in small circles on old cushions and small stools, they gambled, argued, told stories, traded and swapped while around them and restrained to the outer walls, slaves wearing barely the essentials were, if not serving, restrained and bound.
    Amongst the unruly, viscous and loud tongues of the intoxicated low life's the whimpering of fear and despair hummed in hopeless plea's.

The room was wide enough for two carriages and the length even longer, disappearing into the darkness. The stone walls curved up to meet making a low arched roof. Strong sturdy wooden pillars ran down the centre of the room.

Suddenly the two are confronted by a large bare chested bald man, his dark skin littered with scar tissue.
    He wears baggy worn tan trousers.
    He grins a wide excited gap-toothed grin, alongside him a fierce woman with unruly red hair and cold steely blue eyes steps up. Armoured in leathers and a tattered breastplate she holds out her dirty steel gauntlet awaiting the chains of Sophia.

Meanwhile the waiter is having a fabulous time with Mrs McGinty, chatting away a million miles an hour, offering her new and unusual drinks, in fact his new interest in her had created some amongst the other patrons. They offer her curios glances and pleasant smiles.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-12-30 at 09:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

As Sophia is shackled the crowd slowly parts creating a clear and expected path towards what must be the slavers den.

The response of the diabolical patrons as the two walk down the created path are a mix of disproving grins, looking down snobby raised noses and deep hungry malicious stares as the girls create all manner of unholy thoughts in the more animalistic inclined.

The door was simple and nice enough to accommodate the lavish room but what existed behind was vastly different by contrast.
    If the bar was upper class, this was surely their lower class.

The thick smell of hobbit weed and opium hung in the dimly lit room, a haze of smoke filled the air. Thugs in ragged clothing sat in small circles on old cushions and small stools, they gambled, argued, told stories, traded and swapped while around them and restrained to the outer walls, slaves wearing barely the essentials were, if not serving, restrained and bound.
    Amongst the unruly, viscous and loud tongues of the intoxicated low life's the whimpering of fear and despair hummed in hopeless plea's.

The room was wide enough for two carriages and the length even longer, disappearing into the darkness. The stone walls curved up to meet making a low arched roof. Strong sturdy wooden pillars ran down the centre of the room.

Suddenly the two are confronted by a large bare chested bald man, his dark skin littered with scar tissue.
    He wears baggy worn tan trousers.
    He grins a wide excited gap-toothed grin, alongside him a fierce woman with unruly red hair and cold steely blue eyes steps up. Armoured in leathers and a tattered breastplate she holds out her dirty steel gauntlet awaiting the chains of Sophia.

Meanwhile the waiter is having a fabulous time with Mrs McGinty, chatting away a million miles an hour, offering her new and unusual drinks, in fact his new interest in her had created some amongst the other patrons. They offer her curios glances and pleasant smiles.
    "I'll be back for this one. I would appreciate it if she were able to be gotten to when I'm ready." Naku informs the two, handing over the chains.

Then, unless stopped, she spins on her heel, and heads off to the way-long-ago mentioned Arena, to try to find someone to talk to about getting Arlen's body. She hopes Sophia will be okay, but if she showed that she cared, that would sabotage the entire reason for putting Sophia down there.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

Sophia's mind races as she views the occupants suspiciously, surveying the area for ways to use the surroundings to defend herself or escape if need be.
    Ways like removing a hand to free herself of her chains or how to defeat the slavers in any ways she must.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Slavers Den,
    The woman gives an unnerving smile as the weight of the chains falls into her hands, with a gentle yet testing tug she pulls on the chains calling Sophia forth. She offers Naku a vaguely reassuring nod as she continues to gaze at her with her slightly intimidating steely blue eyes until Naku leaves.

Once Naku is gone and the door closed the woman nods her head again, -Sophia will be able to pinpoint the exact location where an incantation is being suddenly mumbled but see no one in the space to be casting it. And as suddenly as it started it is complete.
    It's source still unsettling but it's effects clear, they are in a sphere of silence, Sophia's chains don't rattle, her footsteps are silent and no sound escapes her lips.
    This is the same for the other two who pay no attention as they begin leading Sophia deeper down into the den. The sphere of silence does nothing to dull external noises, they can hear everything fine, unless of course they close in too close to a noise source, but the woman steers them clear of any inconvenience that may cause to the other den dwellers.

The Bar
    As Naku makes her way through the crowd towards the arena entrance she is suddenly cut off.
    Four or five men in total block her path, not budging, hindering her passage, worse yet if she tries to navigate around the devilish group a new patron conveniently emerges to block her way.
    They have her trapped, and act so nonchalant and smug about it...

"May I?" A warm familiar voice raises over the sudden change of music, a now slower softer, more delicate tune.
    If Naku turns she will notice a tall handsome well dressed man holding out a hand awaiting hers, he leans over positioned in a elegant sophisticated bow, in such a fashion that indicates he's inviting her to dance. As he raises his head to grant her the most charming of devilish grins Naku will recognise him as the man from the entrance that she unloaded a clip at.

30. - Top - End - #150

The Bar
    As Naku makes her way through the crowd towards the arena entrance she is suddenly cut off.
    Four or five men in total block her path, not budging, hindering her passage, worse yet if she tries to navigate around the devilish group a new patron conveniently emerges to block her way.
    They have her trapped, and act so nonchalant and smug about it...

"May I?" A warm familiar voice raises over the sudden change of music, a now slower softer, more delicate tune.
    If Naku turns she will notice a tall handsome well dressed man holding out a hand awaiting hers, he leans over positioned in a elegant sophisticated bow, in such a fashion that indicates he's inviting her to dance. As he raises his head to grant her the most charming of devilish grins Naku will recognise him as the man from the entrance that she unloaded a clip at.
    Even before the group was able to surround her completely, Naku's stance shifted subtly. Weight balanced, foot position shifted ever so slightly slightly, and her knees bent a touch. If these guys wanted to play, she was ready. And all without changing from her pleasant half-smile!

"I'm not sure if you truly want to," Naku informs him politely, "I have been known to bite." She says it in as non-threatening a way as possible. Just statement of fact. Though she does take his hand lightly.
    Last edited by Mee; 2015-01-02 at 08:31 PM.
    Show