New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: **league_of_legends_thread_62: show_running_gag_title("The Wins Of Winthur");

I approve of the thread title
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: **league_of_legends_thread_62: show_running_gag_title("The Wins Of Winthur");

So... Fullmetal Jayce or Jayce Bond? Thoughts on either?
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    So... Fullmetal Jayce or Jayce Bond? Thoughts on either?
    Fullmetal. The swirly particle thing on his shoulder is kinda neat. Jayce Bond... eh, I really don't care for it.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

wait for samsung jayce, full metal is barf. debonair is okay but not worth full price

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wonder if SEA skin codes would work for NA/EU. I got a spare SKT skin set card from Worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    I wonder if SEA skin codes would work for NA/EU. I got a spare SKT skin set card from Worlds.
    Didn't they kill off the skin codes back in july?
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Didn't they kill off the skin codes back in july?
    This, in a nutshell.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

8. - Top - End - #38

They killed off all pre-existing ones and changed algorithms for future card codes so the past code generation methods won't work. Current codes also expire fairly quickly after generation.

EDIT: They're still handing out skin cards at events. Worlds, PAX, etc.
    Last edited by thracian; 2014-10-15 at 10:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Then they might. I know the old codes used to be 1 use per server and if you got lucky someone who went to PAX/Worlds/etc would hand out thier used codes to people on other servers for free.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ex cathedra View Post
    wait for samsung jayce, full metal is barf. debonair is okay but not worth full price
    It occurs to me that those skins are basically just going to be advertising for the phones.

Full Metal is awful.

Debonair is hot, but I'm heavily biased towards that style of dress and own all three of that line anyway.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-10-15 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #41

Skin cards now expire in, I believe, a week.

I know the old ones worked across servers and could be used once on each server. I suspect it's still the same, but I'm not sure.

EDIT:

How are people calling Debonair Jayce good and Full Metal bad when the opposite is true? You guys have poor taste in skins.
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2014-10-15 at 10:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone is talking about the S4 champion skins

And I'm here sitting waiting for Harrowing to start

I want my Spooky Nocturne skin dammit >_<

(also I'm really lazy)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

I like both Jayce skins, but I favor Full Metal more of the two. I own Debonair, but that's because it was on sale, iirc.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    It's kinda theory crafting for me. It's not practical, but I think it helps me realize which strategies don't work, which do, and why they work.

It is admittedly kinda silly, like thinking of theoretical all Yordle Comps and how well they would do.
    I set up potential teamcomps for most power factions a while ago. Bandle City has an advantage there in that yordles cover the various roles more thoroughly and with more diversity than most other city-states. Rumble top, Tristana ADC, Lulu support, Amumu jungle, and you've got a fair number of choices for mid. Ziggs or Veigar might be the most traditional, but AP Teemo mid fits with the fluff slightly better and could be hilarious.

Actually, that brings something up - I know I ask things like this a lot, and I really appreciate you guys humouring me, but having seen Veiger absolutely demolish Cool's Twisted Fate... why doesn't Veigar see more play?

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

So I think maybe, just maybe, I should ADC more often. They were also reaaaaally bad, so...
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-10-15 at 11:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Dude. Thats sweet. Is that a free week varus game also? If so then DANUM! Edit: not so much danum. Did not see white text. But still, GG
    Last edited by Ninja_Grand; 2014-10-16 at 12:25 AM.
    Poems!
    Awesome people saying awesome things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carecalmo View Post
    Then again, you could be volunteering for !!SCIENCE!!, in which case... I shall take notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.
    ( Please pardon any garbled posts. I prefer face to face communication then text, and I also don't read whole threads, so I may just put in my 2cp.)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Actually, that brings something up - I know I ask things like this a lot, and I really appreciate you guys humouring me, but having seen Veiger absolutely demolish Cool's Twisted Fate... why doesn't Veigar see more play?
    having not seen that game's pick/ban phase, i'll say that chances of it being a TF-specific counterpick are extraordinarily likely, because TF loses lane to pretty much everyone. TF doesn't really pressure his own lane, so anyone picked into TF can be assured that they'll have both a relatively easy laning phase (even if they normally wouldn't, as is the case with veigar) and a squishy/immobile target on the enemy team.

it's why you don't first pick TF anymore, really. veigar does the same thing to TF that Fizz and Syndra do, but largely worse that at least one of them in any given game.

there are lots of champions who have a niche in counterpick scenarios that don't often see play. few players practice them to the level that they practice the rest of their roster, and many of those champions don't always fill their niche as well as other champions in the first place. such is the case with veigar.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground

having not seen that game's pick/ban phase, i'll say that chances of it being a TF-specific counterpick are extraordinarily likely, because TF loses lane to pretty much everyone. TF doesn't really pressure his own lane, so anyone picked into TF can be assured that they'll have both a relatively easy laning phase (even if they normally wouldn't, as is the case with veigar) and a squishy/immobile target on the enemy team.

it's why you don't first pick TF anymore, really. veigar does the same thing to TF that Fizz and Syndra do, but largely worse that at least one of them in any given game.

there are lots of champions who have a niche in counterpick scenarios that don't often see play. few players practice them to the level that they practice the rest of their roster, and many of those champions don't always fill their niche as well as other champions in the first place. such is the case with veigar.
    I understand the downside of niche picks. I suppose the question is, why is Veigar "niche" when Event Horizon is so powerful and he's got enough burst to pop enemy squishies like overripe zits? Is his laning phase just too weak against other popular mid champions? Jayce/Yasuo/Zed, yeah, those wouldn't go well, but what about Orianna, Ryze, and Syndra?

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

I don't play Veigar, but if I had to guess:

• he is extremely weak in lane and gets stomped on by most popular pro-play champs or lane bullies like Zed, Syndra, Orianna, and most assassins
    • he takes a while to ramp up so he won't have much impact in early-game dragon fights
    • he has a very short range on his skills
    • Syndra can delete people just as well, but she's got great poke and waveclear on a short cooldown, while Veigar can't poke at all
    • Event horizon is similar enough to Syndra's E for all intents and purposes
    • He can't initiate with his stun since it's rare to hit multiple people unless they walk into it. Annie does the same job better.
    Last edited by Don Julio Anejo; 2014-10-16 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Anytime someone tries to bring real-world physics into a RWBY discussion, Blake kills them in self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastoulio
    VERILY, TOP LANE SHALL BE GUARDED BY A VALIANT KNIGHT,
    YEA, MIDDLE LANE SHALL BE OCCUPIED BY A WIZARD,
    I SAY UNTO THEE, A TEAM SHALL HAVE ONE WOODSMAN TO PATROL THE FOREST,
    FINALLY, AN ARCHER OF PENULTIMATE SKILL SHALL GO TO THE BOTTOM LANE, ACCOMPANIED ONLY BY HIS SQUIRE

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio Anejo View Post
    he is extremely weak in lane and gets stomped on by most popular pro-play champs or lane bullies like Zed, Syndra, Orianna, and most assassins
    he takes a while to ramp up so he won't have much impact in early-game dragon fights
    Both of those, while true, are quite exaggerated. High level Veigar players don't AFK farm Q for 30 minutes - they actually do trade in lane. Sure his laning phase isn't that great but his gank setup is excellent and his power spike at level 6 is considerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio Anejo View Post
    He can't initiate with his stun since it's rare to hit multiple people unless they walk into it. Annie does the same job better.
    That's the crux of the problem - Veigar requires good stuns. Event Horizon is as strong as an ultimate ability, but landing it can be a bitch. However, he can actually initiate a fight with his stun - without even risking his life unlike Annie, who almost always has to flash->ult to get anything going.

And, as always, his problem has always been lack of mobility. Orianna makes up for it with huge utility and self-shields and Syndra is much better as a solo queue pick due to lane dominance. Veigar kinda has neither; he's painfully fragile.

That said, he could be pro-pick material for sure. Pros are lazy, for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    That said, he could be pro-pick material for sure. Pros are lazy, for the most part.
    Apparently, people who spend 8-12 hours a day playing nothing but League of Legends are lazy ;)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Apparently, people who spend 8-12 hours a day playing nothing but League of Legends are lazy ;)
    Yes, we had enough pros that were easily banned out of their comfort picks in the scene, in fact.
    Of course it takes a lot of dedication to stay afloat in this game.
    Unfortunately even when you're living and breathing the game some things just slip past you because you want to spend your training time efficiently.

Champion pools are a fickle thing after all, subject to change from patch to patch.
    Having problems like "my champion pool sucks this patch" is a real thing.
    Even the best of the best players have that happen to them.
    Examples include guys like Voyboy who struggled in the tank meta of top lane.
    Kerp also had a similar problem when his choice picks got nerfed.
    You can't just dismiss that.

Certainly, it's not a matter of not putting in enough time.
    Understandably, you can only get really competitive on so many different champions.
    Nevertheless, it takes a lot time for certain things to get picked up, and sometimes it isn't even dependent on patch changes, things just happen like that.
    Take the example of the max-W Ezreal or the original jungle Maokai, or support Morgana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

That title. I thought it was a spam thread.

What is a first good item on Gangplank. I know you want a mix of damage and tank items on him. I know Trinity, Iceborne Gauntlet and Statick Shiv are solid to good on him. So what are the best now? And does he mix W or Q first or is it situational.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    That title. I thought it was a spam thread.

What is a first good item on Gangplank. I know you want a mix of damage and tank items on him. I know Trinity, Iceborne Gauntlet and Statick Shiv are solid to good on him. So what are the best now? And does he mix W or Q first or is it situational.
    Trinity is the most popular item on GP. Shiv is good, IBG has fallen off a bit for some reason. IE and LW are late buys; Youmuu's would be good early but it's outclassed by the others. For defensive items, Randuin's Visage is my guess at a core, considering you have a better BVeil effect on your W.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Trinity is the most popular item on GP. Shiv is good, IBG has fallen off a bit for some reason. IE and LW are late buys; Youmuu's would be good early but it's outclassed by the others. For defensive items, Randuin's Visage is my guess at a core, considering you have a better BVeil effect on your W.
    Shiv and IE have bad build paths, ghostblade doesn't do enough up-front, IBG is a bad item (the difference between 300% base ad + bonus AD + 30 and 225% base AD + bonus AD is huuuuge).

i think that trinity -> lw -> ie gives you an ideal power curve.

frozen heart and spirit visage are excellent defensive options.

edit:
    imo, one should max w unless your opponent is so passive that you may as well be PvEing. i often max q anyways because it's more fun. the additional base damage on q is pretty important if your early game is crit-centric, like if you have some combination of shiv rush, IE rush, and/or crit runes, but i think those strategies are too inconsistent when compared to trinity rush.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2014-10-16 at 07:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

TY. I was just wondering and wanted to try him today. I knew roughly what was good but not how balanced a build and stuff. TY.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Shiv and IE have bad build paths, ghostblade doesn't do enough up-front, IBG is a bad item (the difference between 300% base ad + bonus AD + 30 and 225% base AD + bonus AD is huuuuge).

i think that trinity -> lw -> ie gives you an ideal power curve.

frozen heart and spirit visage are excellent defensive options.

edit:
    imo, one should max w unless your opponent is so passive that you may as well be PvEing. i often max q anyways because it's more fun. the additional base damage on q is pretty important if your early game is crit-centric, like if you have some combination of shiv rush, IE rush, and/or crit runes, but i think those strategies are too inconsistent when compared to trinity rush.
    I'll have to remember that the next time I give GP a spin... which'll be never... because last hitting is hard... even with a gun... auto attacks op how do I adc... graves pls...

28. - Top - End - #58

ElfMonkGuy

Ok, I may be nuts, but im I the only one who says champ related things in all chat? One of my favorite things to yell while playing Leona is "Brake there lines like a new dawn!" (Best said while besieging mid and about to ult!)
    Poems!
    Then again, you could be volunteering for !!SCIENCE!!, in which case... I shall take notes.
    Alternatively I may consider going into politics after getting bored of hunting aliens in the jungle.
    ( Please pardon any garbled posts. I prefer face to face communication then text, and I also don't read whole threads, so I may just put in my 2cp.)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Not really for in-character stuff, but I'm fond of bad puns on occasion, especially in ARAM. Especially if I'm playing Gragas and execute someone with my ult, I'll say something crass like "alcoholism kills" or if I do the same with Leona ult "friendly reminder to always wear sunscreen when going outside".

Today a friend of mine pulled off an impressive trig-snipe with Vel'Koz Q. My comment: "stay in school kids, math is important."

The one time I can remember that I was in-character as a champion, I was trolling around in a bot-game as full AD Jarvan with a newb friend, stealing everyone else's kills (not his, because he's my friend) with Cataclysm while loudly extolling in ALLCAPS about the might of DEMACIA, to a general chorus of swearwords and expressed desires for me to fornicate in a direction that diverges from theirs.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-10-17 at 01:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

30. - Top - End - #60

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    Not really for in-character stuff, but I'm fond of bad puns on occasion, especially in ARAM. Especially if I'm playing Gragas and execute someone with my ult, I'll say something crass like "alcoholism kills" or if I do the same with Leona ult "friendly reminder to always wear sunscreen when going outside".

Today a friend of mine pulled off an impressive trig-snipe with Vel'Koz Q. My comment: "stay in school kids, math is important."

The one time I can remember that I was in-character as a champion, I was trolling around in a bot-game as full AD Jarvan with a newb friend, stealing everyone else's kills (not his, because he's my friend) with Cataclysm while loudly extolling in ALLCAPS about the might of DEMACIA, to a general chorus of swearwords and expressed desires for me to fornicate in a direction that diverges from theirs.
    Oh yes. I above of all you have done. My buddy Risk wolf is fond of AD Skarner going "X champ has been disabled due to a bug." I shall work on my puns!

Also, I cant be the only one who plays Shen support? I mean, just slap a sight stone and a targons brace in there and you have heals, good CC, a burst proof shield, and good natural damage for a support (Good to duel out that Nami with)

I take TP and Exhaust. I know flash is king, but I buy Mobility boots and BAM whole team support.

I also am fond of calling all Void champs Pokemon, but thats just me. (KOGMAW KOGMAW KOG)
    Poems!