New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: **league_of_legends_thread_62: show_running_gag_title("The Wins Of Winthur");

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Are we still spoilering the finals?
    Judging by how the traffic in this thread completely died down on the day of the finals, I figure nobody cared about them, and for good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: **league_of_legends_thread_62: show_running_gag_title("The Wins Of Winthur");

I think waiting at least a week to openly talk about the finals would be the polite thing to do, while everyone already knows the winner (probably), a lot of people haven't watched the games (for example I've only watched game 1 & 2 so far).
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think the reason there isn't much comment on Worlds Finals is that nobody was particularly surprised. Game three was about the only interesting one, although Game four's Pantheon pick was fun too.

Is it just me or does InSec have the single largest champion pool of any jungler on the pro stage? I've seen him play and win with Lee Sin, Kazix, J4, Elise, Rammus, Pantheon, Fiddlesticks, Shaco, and... I'm sure there's others.
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2014-10-20 at 02:17 PM.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the reason there isn't much comment on Worlds Finals is that nobody was particularly surprised. Game three was about the only interesting one, although Game four's Pantheon pick was fun too.

Is it just me or does InSec have the single largest champion pool of any jungler on the pro stage? I've seen him play and win with Lee Sin, Kazix, J4, Elise, Rammus, Pantheon, Fiddlesticks, Shaco, and... I'm sure there's others.
    I think InSec had to branch out after they named the Lee Sin thing after him.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

diamond tho

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    diamond tho
    Oh, is he still on the pro stage? Does champion pool matter if you lose most games?[/snark]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Oh, is he still on the pro stage? Does champion pool matter if you lose most games?[/snark]
    Given that Diamond invented or introduced a ton of jungle picks and ideas to the EU LCS at least, there's nothing to scoff at.

Also, I don't think he was ever the weak link on Gambit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm about two seasons behind in my build paths. What's the recommended build order these days for....

- Tristana

- Rumble

- Veigar

- Ziggs

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    I'm about two seasons behind in my build paths. What's the recommended build order these days for....

- Tristana

- Rumble

- Veigar

- Ziggs
    Trist: either IE or Shiv first. BF sword is better and probably safer, but can take longer, so there are times when you might want to get the shiv instead, or get a pickaxe then the shiv. Still, you can't go wrong getting BF sword into IE. Third item bloodthirster unless you really need armor pen, then last whisper if you lack it and defensive item to taste.

Rumble: Haunting guise first. You want Liandry's, Rylais, and a Zhonya's, with order depending on what you're facing and how you're personally doing.

Veigar: I don't really know, probably a deathfire grasp? Everybody loves deathfire grasp. You eventually want hat, voidstaff, and a Zhonya's too. You know what, just build large rods, you can't go too far wrong.

Ziggs: Athenes, deathcap, voidstaff, Zhonyas.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Veigar: I like some sort of CDR item on him (like Athene's or Morello's) for more stun cages and less downtime on your ult, but it's not as necessary as the triple-rod and void staff on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

I tend to grab a nomicon as a first veigar item to make building ap with my q easier. After that I get sorcs and a deathfire.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I'm in a really, really bad mood.

The vast majority of my recent matches have been complete noobstomps due to one side having premaded with a vastly higher level player. I've also been matched up with DIAMOND 5 players. Please note my account is LEVEL 26, as in not able to play ranked yet. I've taken to screencapping all my matches in a bid to document how badly the matchmaking system is borked (I can provide pics if wished, but there's currently about 15 pics over ~20 games and it'd take a while to anonymise).

At this rate I'm going to quit before I hit 30 simply because of how imbalanced this shoddy matchmaking is.

To give you a rough idea, my second most recent game had players in the 50-100 wins bracket... okay, okay... and one 1800+ wins player on the other team who proceeded to crush us simply because he was duoed, supposedly, with his brother. My most recent game was a slightly offstandard team with a double bruiser Darius/Blitzcrank bot... and their team was a proper 5-man team with two Silver players and one Platinum.

I could rant for quite some time about this, but I don't want to dirty the thread.[/rant]
    Illumian Dread Necromancer Lich avatar by Tinymushroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

Pre-30 normal matchmaking is a right mess. However, keep in mind that outside of complete newbie status, win count is an abysmal way to judge skill level.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Pre-30 normal matchmaking is a right mess. However, keep in mind that outside of complete newbie status, win count is an abysmal way to judge skill level.
    ^This. I think I hit 4000 wins this weekend and I'm still bad. Though I did start actually pushing my win loss positive the last couple weeks Maybe I'll give ranked another shot since I haven't done anything since the middle of Season 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

You get diamond 5s because they're grouped with one or more pre-30s themselves. A matchmaker trying to pair people with that wildly disparate level of skill is going to give up and die at some point because the odds of finding another team with just the same composition as yours is so low (not to mention that actual skill level of pre-30s can vary wildly due to smurfs).

If you are getting somebody like that, you should consider yourself lucky, Greenserpent. Pay attention to what the guy does. Respect his zone, look for how he makes plays and gives his team an advantage. Unless he's totally screwing around, you can learn a lot about how to play the game.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

16. - Top - End - #106

It is, however, a way to judge familiarity with game content and general experience. A 4000 wins player is going to be more familiar with the game mechanics than a 70 wins player.

I'm gonna go run another game after my dinner, see if matchmaking is any better.

EDIT:

Getting completely stomped is not going to teach me better mechanics. It's going to teach me a net total of nothing other than "high level players are better than me".
    Last edited by GreenSerpent; 2014-10-22 at 01:25 PM.
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    It is, however, a way to judge familiarity with game content and general experience. A 4000 wins player is going to be more familiar with the game mechanics than a 70 wins player.

I'm gonna go run another game after my dinner, see if matchmaking is any better.
    You say that, but I'm not sure that it's true. A 4,000 win player ought to know something about the game. But there are people who play and play without ever really thinking about their habits and tendencies. 4,000 wins in, they might still walk into an Akali's ult range and get upset when they explode.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #108

My point is as such though, being stomped is not going to teach me anything. I won't be focusing on what the Plat player does because they, 9/10 times, play an easily snowballed champion who gets ahead really easily. I'll be too busy focusing on "okay, Yi's fed, I should build armour and ward more" or whatnot, rather than focusing on Yi's positioning.

As I said too, 15/20 (approximate) of my last games have been vs people vastly out of my skill level or have had people vastly out of my skill level on my side, the vast majority the former. I've also been matched up with 5-man teams in solo queue.

How on earth am I supposed to improve if I get stomped into the ground each game by people vastly higher level than me? I don't have time to think "what's Yi's positioning like" because I'm thinking "woah, dodge that Q, now return fire, wait no that E is coming out, has dragon been taken..."

(Yi used as example due to his general snowballiness, not because I dislike playing vs him. I also equally dislike Lee Sin, Vi, and especially Yasuo and Braum)
    Last edited by GreenSerpent; 2014-10-22 at 01:43 PM.

Blood~

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

If aanything you can learn about itemization from higher rated players.

In other news, Curse signed Piglet and sent Cop to Curse Academy, thoughs?
    Just call me Dusk

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post

crs top 3 due to LMQ implosion

21. - Top - End - #111

Okay, let's see how bad this match becomes. Level 26, Blind Pick normal, let's see what the balance is like.

EDIT: ADC Twitch, with Braum support. Okay, fair enough... and wow, this is possibly the first match in weeks I've seen where it's only MODERATELY imbalanced. Gotta love having those people who never play normals on your team.
    Last edited by GreenSerpent; 2014-10-22 at 02:14 PM.

Blood~

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

@Greenserpent: If you hate being stomped, record your games and watch the replays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post

Curse Academy into LCS soon, much sadness due to that rule that no org can have two teams in the LCS. Piglet kills everyone, complains about his support.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Curse Academy into LCS soon, much sadness due to that rule that no org can have two teams in the LCS.
    sadness? liquid is gonna make bank off that team

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

You say that, but I'm not sure that it's true.
    Unless you have the skill set to analyze your opponent's play, getting stomped by a vastly superior opponent just leaves you holding your head in your hands. Most pre-30s (hell, a great deal of level 30s I know) do not have the skill set to analyze.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

It's a huge move. When SKT T1 released Piglet and Curse announced that they were going to make an offer, I joked that of course everyone was going to make an offer to Piglet, but he'd never come here. I'm surprised that he did come; it's another name in the exodus of famous players from Korea and with kaKAO and Rookie leaving, among the ones who left in their prime or near prime.

Hopefully, it'll work better than the last time Curse brought in a big name import. It's rough for foreign players to come here and it's going to be hard for him because of the language barrier and un-moored from their support network. Some players like Amazing couldn't handle the isolation, others like Bjergsen have fit in well.

On the face of it, Piglet/Xspecial are going to be pretty awesome and Curse may finally break their Curse, with LMQ and Dignitas essentially dissolving.

This offseason just started and it's going to continue to be bananas. I have no idea where all the teams are going to get junglers.
    Last edited by Joran; 2014-10-22 at 02:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Unless you have the skill set to analyze your opponent's play, getting stomped by a vastly superior opponent just leaves you holding your head in your hands. Most pre-30s (hell, a great deal of level 30s I know) do not have the skill set to analyze.
    Well, we got stomped. Lucian got a kill and snowballed into infinity (edge) and beyond, our premade top/jungle/mid pretty much fed them kills on a silver platter. I guess that's what comes from having teammates who're level 20+ but have normal games played in the single digits.

I fail to see what I'm supposed to learn from this. Queueing up again for game 6 in my losing streak.
    Last edited by GreenSerpent; 2014-10-22 at 02:39 PM.

Blood~

27. - Top - End - #117
    Banned

Hence "outside of complete newbie status."

And to address the later conversation, at 70 wins in you have a ton of learning you can do regardless of how the game goes. Focus on that stuff.

ETA: Also, communication. If you don't think your teammates are helping you in lane, tell them you don't need help. Don't wait until after the game is effectively over to talk about it.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2014-10-22 at 02:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Well, we got stomped. Lucian got a kill and snowballed into infinity (edge) and beyond, our premade top/jungle/mid pretty much fed them kills on a silver platter. I guess that's what comes from having teammates who're level 20+ but have normal games played in the single digits.

I fail to see what I'm supposed to learn from this. Queueing up again for game 6 in my losing streak.
    Have you considered giving League a rest for a bit? Those kind of losing streaks are like a vicious cycle, you loose one game which angers/stresses you, then you play badly the next game and things just snowball from there on. If you continue you might get burnt out. I suggest you take a break and play other game, preferably ones that doesn't require as much concentration as Lol and then once you feel better you come back to the Summoner's Rift with a fresh mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    It's a huge move. When SKT T1 released Piglet and Curse announced that they were going to make an offer, I joked that of course everyone was going to make an offer to Piglet, but he'd never come here. I'm surprised that he did come; it's another name in the exodus of famous players from Korea and with kaKAO and Rookie leaving, among the ones who left in their prime or near prime.

Hopefully, it'll work better than the last time Curse brought in a big name import. It's rough for foreign players to come here and it's going to be hard for him because of the language barrier and un-moored from their support network. Some players like Amazing couldn't handle the isolation, others like Bjergsen have fit in well.

On the face of it, Piglet/Xspecial are going to be pretty awesome and Curse may finally break their Curse, with LMQ and Dignitas essentially dissolving.

This offseason just started and it's going to continue to be bananas. I have no idea where all the teams are going to get junglers.
    What happened to LMQ and Dignitas? I only knew of Curse signing Piglet because I follow Voyboy on Twitter and he posted it.
    Just call me Dusk

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

See if anyone on the mumble server is playing minecraft and would mind playing with you. Play an aram, or starcraft, or play something mindless and fun like Superfighters. Or just step away from gaming for a bit.

Like, just take a break.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

this is a fairly comprehensive list, via paravine

edit: this is re: roster swaps
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2014-10-22 at 03:18 PM.