New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default "Bite of" spells

When a PC is under the effects of the "Bite of" spells, does he/she have to use the natural attacks listed there? It says you don't get any iterative attacks in the spell descriptions, but part of me thinks that is just for those using the natural attacks.

Background: I'm playing a Monk//Wizard/Enlightened Fist going into Incantatrix. I want to cast one of them on myself and still be fine to use my unarmed strike but I got hung up on the wording of the spell.
    Don't be a monk! Monks are not cool! -The Doctor (The Bells of St. Johns)

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: "Bite of" spells

The text is poorly phrased. What it's trying to say is that the natural attacks provided by the spell act identically to other natural attacks, and do not function like manufactured attacks. As always, YMMV, AYDM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    The text is poorly phrased. What it's trying to say is that the natural attacks provided by the spell act identically to other natural attacks, and do not function like manufactured attacks. As always, YMMV, AYDM.
    Thanks. I was heading in that direction, but the 8000ish liters of snot in my head is really impairing my cognitive abilities atm...
    Don't be a monk! Monks are not cool! -The Doctor (The Bells of St. Johns)

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

The only argument that anyone could (and I don't condone the argument) make is that the natural attacks make you lose your regular limbs, and thus can't use manufactured weapons. Since it doesn't say this nor would it be against what I believe to be the spirit of the spell, and the fact that were-creatures themselves in hybrid form can use manufactured weapons I would say it's as normal for a were-creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fresh and exciting doesn't exist in a game that's almost old enough to drive. Which is why it's extra fun every time someone comes in to say that no, fighters are totally a real character class, because you all missed that one thing or that other one thing and once I saw a fighter beat up a squirrel.