New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Making a game like Space Empires, need code reviewers

Are you primarily just working with the information that's in the C-evo forums or are you keeping your code and design somewhere else for that project?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

I have made a few posts on the C-evo forums, and read over what's there, but my code and design so far are just on my own computer. I could put it on the same Phabricator server that my Space Empires-like project is on, but I haven't done so yet.

In case you haven't found this yourself yet: The game itself comes with a ready-to-build AI template written in C#. It's a premade project, with all sorts of data access and game command functionality provided, and you can even compile it exactly as is from the game install and it will produce an AI module that you can assign to an empire in game and have it play. The AI produced by this will be no challenge whatsoever as an opponent, as the only thing it ever does is move its free starting Settlers unit completely at random, but all the tools needed to interface with the game are provided. "All" I need to make is the decision making logic.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

I realize that there haven't been any posts in two years, I just found this thread and I'm wondering if the project is still active? I'm a computer science student and I'd be interested in being a code reviewer, but I'm primarily interested as an SEIV player, this sounds like a game I'd really enjoy playing and I'm wondering what its existence status is?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

The project still exists, and I do plan to get back to it eventually, but I'm currently working on some other projects I want to get done first. The main one is an AI for an existing 4X game, getting some experience in AI design for this type of game without having to create the game first.

P.S. As I mentioned on the previous page, this thread is pre-approved for anyone to necro.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2019-10-14 at 02:24 AM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)