New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Warhammer Fantasy: char-gen advice

I'm going to be playing in a Warhammer Fantasy game sometime in the near future, and I was wondering about some general char-gen advice. I've read some of the Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy book, so I have some familiarity with basic concepts.

We're going to have a two-character party.
    Any recommendations, particularly if any stat or skill is very important but doesn't seem so from an initial read? (I got burned in one oWoD: Mage game when I didn't realize how important Dexterity was for combat, so I'd dislike a repeat.)

Also, does money or resource management usually come into play in this game?

Edit: I don't want to min-max or optimize to a very high degree, but I do want to make a competent character (middish optimization, I guess). Also, my race might be determined by the GM.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2014-10-16 at 02:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy: char-gen advice

If you're playing a melee combatant, early on especially, the most important first Advance is more Attacks. Though if you're playing as written, you may get lumbered with a rubbish career to start with that doesn't offer it.
    Wushu Open Reloaded
    Actual Play: The Shadow of the Sun (Acrozatarim's WFRP campaign) as Pawel Hals and Mass: the Effecting - Transcendence as Russell Ortiz.
    Now running: Tyche's Favourites, a historical ACKS campaign set around Massalia 300BC.
    In Sanity We Trust Productions - our podcasting site where you can hear our dulcet tones, updated almost every week.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer Fantasy: char-gen advice

Yes, it's important to remember that if you play by the book, you're going to roll for your starting career. So it's really a combination of what you want and what you start with. You're going to buy every one of your career's advancements eventually, as well.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.