New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: Thael Adventures

"I know the man we'll be dealing with personally, so I trust him. But I want Ksingtash with me so we'll know if anyone else is there." He says, turning to Gazala. As for the vendor disguise, I would really rather have your presence obvious. I would rather prevent an attack with intimidation than catch an attacker."
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    gnome"I don't have any ranks in jump, you'll have to toss me"
    goliath"lolk"
    gnome"KNIFE EYE ATTAAAAAAACK!"
    PbP games I'm in or DMing for:

Ivellios in 'The Necromancer!'

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gazala grins. "In that case, you don't have a red cape and some gloryborn light armour lying around do you?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

"I do not, but you could probably pick up something a little more flashy from the blacksmith before we go."
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The plan sounds good. I guess the rest of us will guard Emily and Lady Nuyle while you conduct your private business?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

"That sounds great. I'll be with Emily and Drusilia once I finish this business."
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I just got an idea. Are the dogs in your kennel already trained for guarding? If they aren't, I could train them for you, and they could help protect you. In my experience, a competent guard dog is nearly as good as a human guard -- and better in some situations.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

The markets are about 40 minutes away on foot, so Lord Nuyle suggests you all take horses to the markets. He has a carriage, he says, but he absolutely hates riding on it. It's time for you to visit the various shops, or make conversation, before you leave. Here's what you can do:

Order something from the:
    Weaponsmith
    Artificer (Magic Items)
    Bowman
    Armorer

Or talk to anyone at the castle.

Remember you'll only be paying for 2/3 of the material cost for items, and that you all have 200 gp already.
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

"They're loyal hunting dogs, but they're not trained as guard dogs. If you'd like to go see them though, be my guest."
    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-23 at 07:23 PM.
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

9. - Top - End - #99

AssassinGuy

Understandable. I'll prepare before I'll accompany you, Lord Nuyle. If I may, am I allow to forge a link between us as to keep a close watch on you?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Still waiting for that listen check, Atsull...

If Nuyle permits, Ksingtash will use his racial mindlink on him.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-10-23 at 07:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

"Yes, that will be fine. I've dealt with psychic works before."

Show

Your listen check comes up the same as Gazala's
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

11. - Top - End - #101

Dogs are a good idea. Maybe Emily needs to get a pet, to protect her and for her to help raise.

Ksingtash, maybe you can use that link with me while you two are away so we'll know if help is needed.

Spoiler: Banking?
    Show
    Do the banks do loans? What are the terms? I do have a steady job! I'd be interested in masterwork breastplate but will need 100gp (depending what the Lord's discount actually is, see OOC) or wait at least two weeks. That'd be impressive looking as the Lord's personal bodyguard.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'd like to see if the armorer can make masterwork chain shirt barding for my dog Nychro.

Spoiler: Cost calculations:
    Show
    ((100 gp * 2) + 150 gp) * 2/3 = 233.33 gp (could buy in one week)
    Alternately, ((100 gp * 2) + 150 gp) * 8/9 = 311 gp (could buy in two weeks)
    Selling the old leather barding will give 10 gp, assuming selling at 50% value.
    By the time the armorsmith finishes making the new barding (probably more than a week), I'll have enough money to buy it.

Also, I'd like to take a look at the hunting dogs, if time remains.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    I'd like to know what tricks the hunting dogs already know, so I know how many I can teach them.
    Last edited by The Great Wyrm; 2014-10-23 at 08:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

AssassinGuy

Ksingtash weigh the options and chooses to link with Cavir. Yes, reinforcement averts the risk of death. Now, clear your mind and accept my bond.

Spoiler: Listen Check
    Show

I am confused. What did Gazala get from her listen check?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-10-23 at 08:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

The Armorer is a skilled, old dwarf, who is definitely capable of almost any task you take to him.

The hunting dogs know the word "Kill", and on command they'll try to knock a target to the ground and rip their necks. They're obedient and well trained, and will stick with you without wandering off much. Just about anything other than stay, follow, kill, and retrieve will need to be taught to them

Spoiler: Banking
    Show

Banks offer loans of up to 4x your net worth. Interest depends on your occupation and loan amount, but it'll be in the neighborhood of 6% monthly.
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(to the smith)
    I'd like you to make some chain shirt barding for my dog, of the highest quality you can. How long will it take, and how much should I pay you?

Spoiler: OOC plans for dogs
    Show
    So, they know Attack, Fetch, Heel, and Stay. That means they have room for two more tricks (dogs have Int 2). I'll teach them Guard first.

It looks like I can improve the dogs' skills. It will take about a month, so it can wait to start until we're done at the market.
    Last edited by The Great Wyrm; 2014-10-23 at 09:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

If you can link with Lord Nuyle and switch it to me during the meeting that would be ideal but I don't understand your powers. You share thoughts that way?

Hearing of a fellow dwarf around, Vankril will eagerly go have a chat with him once the current strategizing is done. Vankril has some skill with crafting armor and weapons, though assuredly not the skill level of the armorer. He will inquire about a masterwork breastplate his size. Assuming he doesn't happen to have a set handy, he'll ask about how long it would take to make and when payment is due (all up front, deposit, all upon completion...). Depending on the answers he may have to stop at the bank later to see about a loan.
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

To Kanthal
    "Funnily enough, I have dog barding in stock. Lord Nuyle likes it around for the hunting dogs. I have a set of ordinary steel chain, but I also have some elven chain. What would you like?"

Spoiler: Nychro's armor
    Show

The chain barding is 240 gp, and gives a +3 bonus to AC. it will make Nychro move 10ft. slower per turn.
    The Elven chain barding is 380 gp, and also give a +3 to AC, but there is no movement penalty.

To Vankril
    "Och, wonderful to see another stone brother 'round here!" The smith says happily. "What'll you be needin', lad?" The dwarf listens intently as you make your request.

I have some nicer breastplates lying around, but I could make you a finer one with some Dwarven metal, not this surface steel." He says. So, what do you say? I could also reinforce that axe for you."

Spoiler: Vankril Armor
    Show

A masterwork, +1 Breastplate will be only 250 gp, since the smith knows how to be more efficient with materials when making armor for a dwarf.

The Dwarven Alloy breastplate is a +2 breastplate, but with a -1 to armor check penalty. It's 320 gp.

The smith can reinforce your axe with dwarven alloy, giving it 10 more hitpoints and +1 to DMG rolls.
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

18. - Top - End - #108

Gazala adds her own request to the armourer. "If it's not too much trouble, the boss wants us to be conspicuous to act as a deterrant. So I'm going to want something lightweight that gives decent protection, but flashy. Skulls, flames, silly occult symbols you made up yourself, that sort of thing. And skimpy. As skimpy as you can make it without setting me up for a swift disemboweling. The sort of thing the evil sorceress in a bad saga wears when she's trying to seduce the barbarian hero. I want people who look at me to think that there is no way in hell I'm attempting to be inconspicuous. Or possess any brain cells whatsoever. Is any of that doable?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Chain shirt barding
    Show
    I actually wanted chain shirt barding, which would be light armor, and thus not reduce move speed. It would only increase Nychro's AC by 2, however. How much would this cost?
    Last edited by The Great Wyrm; 2014-10-24 at 06:59 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110

AssassinGuy

Ksingtash stands like a teacher.

No, it does not work like that. Advance technique such as telepathy is beyond my level. What my inheritance can do is to establish a mental link with only one recipient and only one if they are willing. The link will enable us to telepathically send forth and back messages. The differences between telepathy and my racial ability is that telepathy is more flexible since it can switch between channels or minds. However, the advantage of my innate ability is that it has an everlasting duration and operates without fail no matter the distance unlike telepathy which has a considerable but limited distance. I am limited to one person once a day so make your mind before I default to one.

The psion looks apologetic.

Do you have any more questions or objections?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-10-24 at 01:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

To Kanthal

"Ah, ye want some of the lighter stuff! Should'a asked for light chain, that's what I call it." The dwarf says. I don't have any o' that in stock, but I can make it in, oh, three days, maybe four. It'll be around 240 gp for the steel, so considerin' the lord will be paying fer a third, it'll be 180 outta yer pocket. sound good?"

To Gazala

Oh, I have some battlemage armer lyin' around. Note quite what you're lookin' fer, but lots a flashy symbols and runes that apparently do some'en. Here it is." The Dwarves grabs a suit of armour from the back and hauls it up to show you.

Spoiler: Battlemage armor
    Show

The armor has an ac of +4, a armor check penalty of -2, and no arcane spell failure chance (That's what the runes are) It will be 290 gp.
    Last edited by Atsull; 2014-10-24 at 02:19 PM.
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

22. - Top - End - #112

Gazala shakes her laugh, because laughing would be rude. "I'm sorry to have wasted your time, but that's a downgrade from what I'm wearing now. And at more than eleven times the price. Maybe you've just got some particular gaudy masterwork Studded Leather--but at this rate, maybe I'd be better off finding out where Everlyn buys her clothes and saving for some proper mithral chain."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(to armorer)
    Yes, light chain is what I want. The price sounds fine. I'll get you the gold as soon as I visit the bank.

24. - Top - End - #114

To Ksingtash:
    There's nothing to be sorry about. That is an amazing skill! If Lord Nuyle is ok with it, I'd say normally link with him but link with me today since you will be with him. I'll not resist on purpose.

To the armorer:
    Well met! The Dwarven armor sounds grand. I need to stop by the bank first. I am also interested in the axe work, how much?. How long will they take? Are the payments made up front or upon delivery? When the time comes I suppose I should pick up another weapon so that I have something to defend Lord Nuyle with. I don't know how much free time I'll have but if I have time I'd be honored to help with the armor. I've spent some time at a forge but no where near your experience.

Spoiler: Armor stats
    Show
    So magical armor is automatically masterwork which is normally 1 better ACP. I'm guessing the Dwarf Alloy cancels that out, which is fine.
    My craft (armor) is at +5. They probably have masterwork equipment so I'd be up to +7. Should be decent for Assisting while I'm off duty and not in the practice yard.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

AssassinGuy

Cavir

He focuses on drawing the energies from his being. Concentrating, he urges it connect with the dwarven mind. Once the connection has been established, a bond is forged and the voiced thoughts can be now be transmitted freely between the two. Ksingtash opens his eyes and looks at Cavir. It is done.

Armourer

Hello, I do hope that you have some protection that might fit a mage such as myself. It needs to be feathery. Not a protection gear with feathers but the weight must be almost weightless and offer good enough protection to cover the vital areas. Please show me the cheapest selection. I am afraid I am running low on funds.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2014-10-24 at 02:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Show
    Sorry, I made a mistake. the battlemage armor is a +4 to AC.

Ksingtash

"I have some specialized armor fer ye. It's padded armor with tough leather pads over the vital points. It's about 4 pounds. I can give it to ya fer 70 pieces."

Spoiler: Ksingtash Armor
    Show
    It's a +2 to ac, and reduces damage dealt by criticial hits by 4. no arcane spell failure chance or armor check penalty.

I'll have Vankril's armor in a couple of hours, as i have to go
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

27. - Top - End - #117

Gazala shakes her head again. "That is still no improvement over a simple chain shirt I could get for half the price. For what you're asking it would have to be light as gossamer and dazzle the angels from the shine of its spaulders. You're sure you have nothing else?" She leans in close and speaks low. "Come up with something good and I won't mention to the Druid how you're barking him out of 20gp"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

The Dwarf steps back, angry. "Wot, you think I'm scamming 'em? That's insulting! You better be careful or I'll tell Lord Nuyle about yer attitude!"
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"

29. - Top - End - #119

AssassinGuy

Any other specialized armours? You do not have just one design, do you?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

"I have plenty, lad. Can you be a little more specific 'bout what yer lookin' fer?"
    gnome"Toss me"
    goliath"wut"
    goliath"lolk"