New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default All Planeswalkers, No Walking Game

Alara : a plane coming to terms with multiple personality disorder due to childhood abuse by a giant dragon. Its lands are a crazy technicolor warzone of cultures coming to terms with each other. Really pretty boring as far as the multiverse is concerned. You came here for some peace and quiet, but being a living insult to probability, fate found a way to make you regret it. One day, from one moment to the next the song of the planes you heard in the back of your heart grew silent. You could try to walk, but you already know you are bound here.

Spoiler: Melea, Amataseru
    Show

the Acadamies of Esper are famous in the multiverse, and the tumult of Alara touches them only in concept. Vampires study in their halls and Ethersworn speak in frantic tones of the mad task that coating the plane in Etherium now appears as its area increased fivefold and their control of it vanished.

Spoiler: Eli
    Show

The Dragons of Jund are migrating to Naya where the wildlife is less frequently infected by plague. They seem chiefly tied to their home shard by ancestral nesting sites, preferring the high barren mountains to hold their offspring before flying back to the Nayan Jungle as their children mature.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: All Planeswalkers, No Walking Game

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm claiming Teal as my colour. If this is supposed to be a plot hook I don't get it
    Last edited by Dunkoro; 2014-10-19 at 03:44 PM.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

- Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

This sentence is false.

Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Journal Entry: 36th turn of the black Season, 20 cycles post-mending
    Show
    Alara, I've been here before, though only for a relative moment thanks to that Elder Dragon Highlander. Jerk took my lunch money to boot. Talk about insult to injury.

Anyway, I've come back because I have sight-seeing time to revisit planes I never got a good look at. I'm thinking since nothing's gone wrong on my homeplane yet and I'm ahead of schedule as for as the coastal wizards are concerned, I might as well. I just hope the powder-keg of plane I call doesn't pop before I return.

I've decided to start with Jund, see how the local dragon population is doing.
    Spoiler: Journal Entry: 37th turn of the black Season, 20 cycles post-mending
    Show
    Jund-Native Dragons have taken quite well to the conflux and have even found their neighoring shard of Naya Advantageous. (I know they are know longer shards, but my limited experiance with written language gives me no better word.)

The Dragons of Jund migrate to Naya where the wildlife is less frequently infected by plague. They seem chiefly tied to their home shard by ancestral nesting sites, preferring the high barren mountains to hold their offspring before flying back to the Nayan Jungle as their children mature.
    Spoiler: Journal Entry: 42nd turn of the black Season, 20 cycles post-mending
    Show
    I've been following the dragons for almost a fortnight now. They know I am, but they believe I'm one of them. Their behavior is that of other non-sentient dragonoids, which I've detailed in previous journal entries. I have also asked around about others of my kind--Planeswalkers, not dreamfolk; I know I'm the only one of those to leave Arcnia--but to no avail. I am unsure on how to proceed next.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Eli

As you follow the dragons into Naya you witness a dragon hunt. Men in many different garbs seek to bring down a dragon Matriarch.

5. - Top - End - #5

Show
    I'm terribly sorry for my lack of action. I was perfectly sure I've already posted here with an action.

This is the finest bow I've ever made. Malea thought to herself, looking at her newest creation.
    It took a lot of effort, but oh man was it worth it.
    Now I simply need to test it out... How about some hunting?

And she planeswalked to Naya.

This sentence is false.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Malea

Show

I hate to bring it up, but the Conflux happened. Naya and Esper are the same plane. You can't planeswalk from one to the other. You can however use overland flight, which I'm going to assume you do unless you decide otherwise.

After some travel you arrive in Naya. Finding themselves for the first time with a coast, the denizens and native fauna seem to be making themselves at home. Several fishing craft glide through the waters near the happy groans of a feral plowbeast giving itself a mudbath.

7. - Top - End - #7

Show
    I was pretty sure there was an ability that allowed to planeswalk within the plane in the class. But it also gained a new ability (Planeswalker's Will) I don't recall seeing earlier, so there is that.

Nah, this is no challenge at all! I need to find myself some bigger garagantum...

And then she does proceeds with her search for a test.

This sentence is false.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    Eli

As you follow the dragons into Naya you witness a dragon hunt. Men in many different garbs seek to bring down a dragon Matriarch.
    Journal Entry Cont.

I notice that the native humanoids have begun to hunt the dragons, I wish not to intervene as sentient predators ending up on top a more animal species is nothing new, but I still can't help but feel guilty having been adopted and raised by the sentient variety native to my homeplane. I've decided to appear to humans. Choosing a elven guise based the locals I make contact, introducing myself as a dragon-shaman by the name of H'Rretho. Stating an inquiry into their motives for hunting dragons.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Malea

Even on the edges of the Nayan forests, a merfolk in the air is easier to spot than a Gargantuan that does not wish to show itself. When you first spot webs, it is obvious that a hunt is already afoot.

Eli

After speaking amongst themselves, a man in plate carrying a shield of bone steps forward. "To hunt the in these lands for sustenance or to hunt dragons for glory, both are custom to some here. Although not me. To hunt these dragons here has a more pressing reason. The fires of these beasts ravage the forests they alight upon and a continuous stream of them give the land no time to recover. I hunt with my brothers and their brothers to turn the creatures away."

10. - Top - End - #10

Hah, they would attempt to catch ME? Now that's amusing...

She continues searching for an appropriate target, only now after casting Freedom of Movement on herself.

This sentence is false.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Malea

Your flight and freedom of movement spells suddenly short. As you fall you see two creatures partway betwix ape and mule grown to the size of mountains eyeing your decent. One suddenly lunges and you find yourself plunging down its cavernous gullet.

Show

I'm very worried about this encounter, but I'm advancing 3 cr each time and you do seem to want a challenge. As an introductory battle this could go quite badly.
    bite attack : (1d20+35)[45] :: damage : (4d6+16)[32]
    grapple check : (1d20+53)[64]
    swallow whole damage : (8d6+24)[48]

12. - Top - End - #12

Show
    Yeah, I suppose I asked for that Can I assume I'm under Magic Weapon, Greater, as I'd cast it at the beginning of every day, or would this one have also failed? If it's active, add 2 to every attack and damage roll.

Whaaat? was everything she managed to shout out in time.

Oh well, at least from inside I can't miss him!

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Full attack with Rapid Shot and Manyshot:
    Attack_1 - (1d20+20)[39] + Crit_Confirmation_19/20 - (1d20+20)[39]
    Damage_1.1 - (1d8+4)[5] + Corrosive - (1d6)[5] + Flaming - (1d6)[3] + Frost - (1d6)[5] + Shock - (1d6)[4]
    Damage_1.2 - (1d8+4)[10] + Corrosive - (1d6)[6] + Flaming - (1d6)[2] + Frost - (1d6)[2] + Shock - (1d6)[6]
    Attack_2 - (1d20+15)[31] + Crit_Confirmation_19/20 - (1d20+15)[24]
    Damage_2 - (1d8+4)[5] + Corrosive - (1d6)[1] + Flaming - (1d6)[1] + Frost - (1d6)[1] + Shock - (1d6)[4]
    Attack_3 - (1d20+10)[17] + Crit_Confirmation_19/20 - (1d20+10)[30]
    Damage_3 - (1d8+4)[5] + Corrosive - (1d6)[4] + Flaming - (1d6)[6] + Frost - (1d6)[6] + Shock - (1d6)[1]
    Attack_4 - (1d20+5)[11] + Crit_Confirmation_19/20 - (1d20+5)[22]
    Damage_4 - (1d8+4)[6] + Corrosive - (1d6)[4] + Flaming - (1d6)[5] + Frost - (1d6)[1] + Shock - (1d6)[3]

EDIT: Assuming all the attacks have hit (why wouldn't they?) and no damage resistance (from the inside?) it's 131 damage total.
    Last edited by Dunkoro; 2014-10-25 at 05:20 AM.

This sentence is false.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Eli

After speaking amongst themselves, a man in plate carrying a shield of bone steps forward. "To hunt the in these lands for sustenance or to hunt dragons for glory, both are custom to some here. Although not me. To hunt these dragons here has a more pressing reason. The fires of these beasts ravage the forests they alight upon and a continuous stream of them give the land no time to recover. I hunt with my brothers and their brothers to turn the creatures away."
    Journal Entry Cont.

It appears the dragons of Jund are proving to be an invasive species to Naya. This is a problem, but I have an idea. I inquire as to whether or not it'd be possible to set aside a section of land as a dedicated dragon habitat, some where they won't harm nayans but still prosper from the bounty they seek by coming here.
    Last edited by Reality Glitch; 2014-10-25 at 05:14 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Malea

Show

yes, magic weapon greater is also inactive
    the creature does indeed have damage reduction on the inside of its body and an explicit interior natural armor bonus greater than half your attack rolls.
    It is also immune to fire and acid.
    you did 3 damage.
    I'm sorry.
    I am however house ruling that those 3 damage contribute to cutting your way out even though it was regenerated and ruling that the creatures stomach is so big that you can use a bow to cut yourself out even though it is not a light slashing or piercing weapon.

damage from swallow whole : [roll0]

One of your attacks slightly penetrates the creature's absurdly tough digestive track, and even though the opening seals in a flash you begin to force your way through.

Eli

The Man listens to your proposal with a puzzled expression. "A dragon habitat!? Putting aside giving part of the rapidly shrinking Nayan jungle for the beasts, if we could keep dragons from travelling to somewhere they wish to go we wouldn't be here."

15. - Top - End - #15

Show
    Oh wow... I seem to be out of my depth by quite some levels. Also, you didn't roll the damage. I'll do that for you.
    Swallow_Whole - (8d6+24)[51]

Malea emerges from outside the belly; It seems like I went for too big a fish... The bow seems to work fine, but this beast is simply too though. I need to evacuate.

She then tries planeswalking (taking the beast with her, Will DC 25) to some very deep portion of Siren Sea on Theros.

How_Far_Away_in_Miles_from_Desired_Location - (5d100)[258]

This sentence is false.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Eli

The Man listens to your proposal with a puzzled expression. "A dragon habitat!? Putting aside giving part of the rapidly shrinking Nayan jungle for the beasts, if we could keep dragons from travelling to somewhere they wish to go we wouldn't be here."
    Journal Entry Cont.

As I feared, there is little that can be reasonably done to peaceably solve the issue. In this case technically is the right thing to do, though it doesn't make feel any less guilty. (A feeling I express to the others.) I let them know that I'd do my best to divert them where they'll do minimal harm and that any that get past me are fair game.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

we have a OOC thread now

Eli
    A migrating brood of dragons is easy to detect because they will roar boisterously to ensure that no brood's territory is too near anothers

Malea

Show

The 3 damage counted toward cutting out from the creatures belly despite regeneration, but said belly has more than 3 hit points. And yes, one of these creatures is cr17, and there are two. (they are thunder behemoths with most of their abilities stripped away and earthquake replaced by greater dispel magic as their 3/day spell. Based on the spearbreaker and spellbreaker behemoth cards) As mentioned in the first post, planeswalking doesn't work at the moment. If you like we can fast forward to you having somehow fled this battle and gloss over the details.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Journal Entry 3th turn of the red Season, 20-cycles post-mending.

I've taken it upon myself to guard the sentient populations by imitating a dragon having claimed their lands as its territory. I've already told them of my plan the other day and have been successful thus far; I am the only dragon in the area as far as anyone else is concerned. Given my highly mutable shape, I've adopted unique minor aspects that no native dragon possesses so that the local people know it is me, but won't raise any red flags for the other dragons.
    Last edited by Reality Glitch; 2014-10-27 at 02:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Eli

As the lives of dragons are long, so are their memories. It does not take long for some of the dragons to notice that the same dragon seemed to be claiming an awfully high number of territories. After about a week an especially aggressive bull decided to challenge you about it. Hearing your cry as it passed near it circled the area for a while before letting out a deeper and eminently more serious roar. As it began relieving itself while flying inward, its meaning was unmistakable.

Malea

After fleeing your monstrous opponents you wander the jungle. Thanks to your rapid healing you're not worse for wear physically, but you did use up a couple of your planeswalker's will ability getting away...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Journal Entry Cont.

I seem to have finally attracted some unwanted attention. One of the other dragons is challenging me to a "duel", and as I might imagine that will result in combat as such I dispatch it in the appropriately draconic manner: Fireballs.

(( (10d6)[1][3][5][3][3][5][1][4][5][1](31) Fire damage. That is a Reflex save for half damage on the Bull's part. ))

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Eli

Show

what was your fireballs save dc?
    reflex save : (1d20+14)[22]
    breath weapon : (22d6)[90] fire damage, reflex save dc28 for half

The dragons flesh becomes seared by your attack, causing him to respond in kind.
    Last edited by Mabn; 2014-10-28 at 10:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Oh well... I went way over my head.
    How about I return to hunting plowbeasts?

And she returns to the edge of Naya she was on before.

This sentence is false.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Malea

You arrive at sunset. The fishermen have left, but you see a plowbeast just leaving the river.