New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Exclamation OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Hey guys. So if you check out the News post I just made, you can see that the fifth color compilation of OOTS strips, Blood Runs in the Family, is now available for pre-order. Also, the 2015 wall calendar, featuring the heroes of OOTS.

There will also be a special reduced shipping rate for the pre-order; you can find details about that here.

Here's a better look at the covers for each and the sample page for the calendar:

If you have questions, ask them here and I'll try to answer them (and add them back to this post).

• Also, just a note about the reduced shipping cost thing: You need to select the option that says "Preorder Fulfillment" (either U.S. or Intl) in order to get the lowered rate. That represents a bulk shipment that Ookoodook is able to do with the pre-order because they'll know in advance how many packages are being sent at once, with the packages then getting handed off to local post offices from there.

OAQ: Once Asked Questions:

Q: Will there be tracking on the reduced pre-order shipping option?
    A: There will be tracking numbers available in case your package gets lost, yes. But they won't be sent out en masse when the orders are mailed; the Ookoodook staff will have a list that they'll be able to look up with the bulk shipping company, and if your package is overdue you'll be able to contact them and they'll contact the shipper about it. But there won't be real-time internet tracking like you might be used to from USPS. For that, you'll have to select one of the more expensive options.

Q: When will books arrive in local game stores?
    A: Books should arrive in the first or second week of December. This shouldn't be different for U.S. or international distributors.

Q: Will there be books or calendars still available later if I don't pre-order?
    A: The book should be in print from now on, yes. The calendar, not so much. While I'm certainly going to order more than just what is pre-ordered, I got a little burned last by people swearing up and down that they would buy the calendar later in the year just for the art. I ordered a lot more than people pre-ordered, and then sales plummeted to near zero by February. So this year, we're getting maybe 200-300 more than what's pre-ordered and that's it. If it sells out before the end of the year, so be it. (Also, if anyone want's last year's calendar just for the art, it's only $3.00 on clearance!)

Q: How long will the pre-order (and the reduced shipping rates) last?
    A: Until the book arrives in the Ookoodook warehouse, probably in the first week of December. We'll announce that the books are on the way as soon as they leave the printer, so watch for a "last call" for pre-orders.

Q: It doesn't look like the reduced shipping prices are much lower than the regular prices.
    A: The effect is most pronounced if you're ordering a calendar or multiple books, due to the larger boxes involved. If you're just ordering one book, the difference might be under $1.00, but if you're ordering the book and the calendar together, the difference could easily be $40.00 or more. We suggest experimenting with different combinations of items, and if you know friends who were planning on ordering, pool your order for maximum savings.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

AND a new calendar!!! Was NOT expecting that!

My birthday's come early this year.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Blast it Giant, youre making it awfully hard to continue being cheap.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #4
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

New strip, book announcement, and a new calendar?

It's like I got a second birthday this year!

Also, I am really looking forward to Quoth the Familiar.

Lastly, Roy's cleavage has never looked so great.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Luckily they take Paypal, since my credit card just got stolen (yes, I'm having one of THOSE Mondays). Consider them both pre-ordered

I'd say something like "it will be just in time for my Chanukah present to myself" but I think that would just be tempting fate with deadlines and whatnot.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Hooray! If I hadn't just blown two months' entertainment budget on a PS2 game I'd order it right now. As it is, I will just have to delay gratification for just a little longer.

Thank you!

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

7. - Top - End - #7

Also, just a note about the reduced shipping cost thing: You need to select the option that says "Preorder Fulfillment" (either U.S. or Intl) in order to get the lowered rate. That represents a bulk shipment that Ookoodook is able to do with the pre-order because they'll know in advance how many packages are being sent at once, with the packages then getting handed off to local post offices from there.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yay, new book, new calendar and a new comic... this is a good day.

Curious though... how fast is the "Intl Preorder Fulfillment 1" shipping option?
    Could not for the life of me find it over at Oki.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

You'll have enough books available if I don't pre-order now, right? Applications and stuff have left me a bit short on cash.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been looking forward to this one for so long. Thanks, Giant!

Do you have any sort of guess for when my local game store (overseas) might be carrying the book?
    Last edited by Cizak; 2014-10-20 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by MurkyMajare View Post
    Yay, new book, new calendar and a new comic... this is a good day.

Curious though... how fast is the "Intl Preorder Fulfillment 1" shipping option?
    Could not for the life of me find it over at Oki.
    No idea. Not super-fast, I'd imagine, but then again, this is a pre-order: the book won't be coming out until the first week of December anyway. I'll ask Kevin from Ookoodook what he thinks the speed will be and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    You'll have enough books available if I don't pre-order now, right? Applications and stuff have left me a bit short on cash.
    The book should be in print from now on, yes.

The calendar, not so much. While I'm certainly going to order more than just what is pre-ordered, I got a little burned last by people swearing up and down that they would buy the calendar later in the year just for the art. I ordered a lot more than people pre-ordered, and then sales plummeted to near zero by February. So this year, we're getting maybe 200-300 more than what's pre-ordered and that's it. If it sells out before the end of the year, so be it. (Also, if anyone want's last year's calendar just for the art, it's only $3.00 on clearance!)
    Rich Burlew

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    Do you have any sort of guess for when my local game store might be carrying the book?
    Local game stores should get the book the first week in December, second week at the latest (depending on the store and when they order). They won't be getting the calendar at all, that's Ookoodok-only.
    Rich Burlew

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quick question about international shipping, do you know if the preorder fulfillment will have tracking? I really do not want to risk having the book lost in the mail.

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by YohanLeafheart View Post
    Quick question about international shipping, do you know if the preorder fulfillment will have tracking? I really do not want to risk having the book lost in the mail.
    Don't know. I will ask.
    Rich Burlew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Local game stores should get the book the first week in December, second week at the latest (depending on the store and when they order). They won't be getting the calendar at all, that's Ookoodok-only.
    I edited my first post just a little bit too late; does that include game stores overseas?
    Last edited by Cizak; 2014-10-20 at 03:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, consider them pre-ordered. This is looking nice. Especially the calendar.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I edited my first post just a little bit too late; does that include game stores overseas?
    To my knowledge, distribution is the same speed everywhere, since the distribution companies have warehouses all over. So, if your local game store is planning on ordering it, it should be on the shelves at the same time as here in the US.
    Rich Burlew

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

To my knowledge, distribution is the same speed everywhere, since the distribution companies have warehouses all over. So, if your local game store is planning on ordering it, it should be on the shelves at the same time as here in the US.
    That's awesome! Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

OK I have an answer on this:

There will be tracking numbers available in case your package gets lost, yes. But they won't be sent out en masse when the orders are mailed; the Ookoodook staff will have a list that they'll be able to look up with the bulk shipping company, and if your package is overdue you'll be able to contact them and they'll contact the shipper about it. But there won't be real-time internet tracking like you might be used to from USPS. For that, you'll have to select one of the more expensive options.
    Rich Burlew

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

- title! (ie, I like the title [and also remember a thread talking about what it might be])

21. - Top - End - #21
    APE Games in the Playground

There will be tracking numbers available in case your package gets lost, yes. But they won't be sent out en masse when the orders are mailed; the Ookoodook staff will have a list that they'll be able to look up with the bulk shipping company, and if your package is overdue you'll be able to contact them and they'll contact the shipper about it. But there won't be real-time internet tracking like you might be used to from USPS. For that, you'll have to select one of the more expensive options.
    Right! I'll try to monitor this forum for shipping questions and answer them as soon as I can.
    Owner of APE Games.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Do you know of any places in the UK that will be stocking Blood Runs in the Family, please? International shipping is getting so expensive :-(

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

They both look great. Pre-ordered.

However, I would like to ask - how long will it take for Intl Preorder Fulfillment 2 to arrive? I am asking because I will be going on vacation on December 19th for 4 weeks, and I am worried that the package could be sent back without me being able to collect it.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Now *this* is a good way to start the week.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by grouchybeast View Post
    Do you know of any places in the UK that will be stocking Blood Runs in the Family, please? International shipping is getting so expensive :-(
    We don't really have a means of keeping a list of stores that stock it, sorry. We only sell to distributors, and then those distributors sell to individual stores. But if you've ever bought an OOTS book at a store before, they're likely to have this one, too.
    Rich Burlew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'm a bit curious to see how the Calendars will work, because the 2014 one is based on the book releases.

The March Panel we've seen just seems to be a stand-alone shot. I'm really curious if there's going to be a connection between the panels or if it's going to be The Order doing heroic and adventuring things.

Edit: Regardless, I'm sold. My order (ha) is already in. I'm psyched!
    Last edited by Ghost Nappa; 2014-10-20 at 03:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by grouchybeast View Post
    Best way is probably to ask your FLGS whether they can/will order them.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Fair enough. That should do it. Another quick question, up until when can we preorder it?

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

29. - Top - End - #29

Fair enough. That should do it. Another quick question, up until when can we preorder it?
    The pre-order will last until the book arrives in the warehouse. And there will probably be announcements from us that the book has left the printer, so there will be a "Last Call" for the pre-order shipping.

Also, based on a Twitter conversation: The reduced rates seem to be much more favorable if you're getting a book and a calendar, because the bulk shipping is most effective with the larger boxes. It won't be less cash than if you just get a book, but it will be dramatically less than if you wait and order it after the pre-order. I just checked the rates to New Zealand on a book and a calendar: $31.45 now, $77.50 once the pre-order ends. Which is robbery on the part of USPS, and also why Ookoodook went through the trouble to set up the pre-order bulk shipment. Just getting the book, though, doesn't see as strong increase: $24.35 to up 24.50.
    Rich Burlew

30. - Top - End - #30
    APE Games in the Playground

Just getting the book, though, doesn't see as strong increase: $24.35 to up 24.50.
    Even though a single book won't save you much money going through fulfillment, we will package the book in a much better kraft cardboard envelope than the standard USPS Priority envelope.
    Owner of APE Games.