New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"2016 OOTS Villains Calendar"

Oh, did I let that slip out? Well, it was a fairly safe bet, I thought.

Hmmm, that's what I was hoping it was going to be. Good to know for certain, though.

Peelee’s Lotsey

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    Hmmm, that's what I was hoping it was going to be. Good to know for certain, though.
    Well, strictly speaking, I don't know if it's going to be called that.

But it's pretty certain something like that is the plan at the moment.

As one can see from the very last bit from the calendar, reposted here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *parade of various villians walks on stage, making commentary along the way *
    (responding to a comment from Redcloak): Yeah! 2016 belongs to the villains!
    : And you, for only $17 USD!
    : Nice. Can't start shilling too early, I always say."

So true, Demon Roaches. So true.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-01-07 at 06:09 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh! I have a package at my apartment but I'm not getting home early enough to get it!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

*reading BRitF*
    *lots and lots of good stuff*

But I have to repeat this one, coz it's too good not to share:

Spoiler
    Show
    : Yeah, no.
    *YOINK*

---

Utterly classic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I'm not revealing the context. On purpose. Sorry, not sorry. Trust me though, you'll remember this line when you see it.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

My calendar and book arrived today.

The last paragraph of Round 9's commentary - thank you, Rich. From someone in Julio's demographic, thank you for that paragraph.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Doing a bit of running commentary as I read the parts of BRitF that are All New. Sorry, not sorry.

In my defense, I have been keeping a lot of it to myself and will save it later for a Catch All post. However, I want to ask everyone else on this thread something. Was I the only one who heard a " DUN DUN DUNNNNN" in the background when Rich started hinting, TWICE mind you, that

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, this is a real spoiler here, so I'm putting it in Double Spoiler Bars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roy's actions in Girard's Pyramid are going to be a tad problematic in the coming strips? I.e. Roy is going to shoulder a real amount of responsibility and consequences for destroying Girard's Gate.

No? I wasn't? Just checking.

NOTE::: I mean, I understand on one level that this is already something that can be sussed out by us after seeing #945. But having The Author hit us over the metaphorical head with him implying "Roy's really really gonna get into troubl'/face da music fer doin' that" IS still telling in my eyes.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-01-07 at 07:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Iowa...... Damn that Iowa getting it's books and not me!

I am in Michigan.... and I checked the mail twice today. Nothing.

But with so many getting their books, maybe I will get it tomorrow? I hope. I hope. I hope.

I am dying here. It took all my will power not to read the for real spoiler above me.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Doing a bit of running commentary as I read the parts of BRitF that are All New. Sorry, not sorry.

In my defense, I have been keeping a lot of it to myself and will save it later for a Catch All post. However, I want to ask everyone else on this thread something. Was I the only one who heard a " DUN DUN DUNNNNN" in the background when Rich started hinting, TWICE mind you, that

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, this is a real spoiler here, so I'm putting it in Double Spoiler Bars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roy's actions in Girard's Pyramid are going to be a tad problematic in the coming strips? I.e. Roy is going to shoulder a real amount of responsibility and consequences for destroying Girard's Gate.

No? I wasn't? Just checking.

NOTE::: I mean, I understand on one level that this is already something that can be sussed out by us after seeing #945. But having The Author hit us over the metaphorical head with him implying "Roy's really really gonna get into troubl'/face da music fer doin' that" IS still telling in my eyes.
    A.)Seriously, he as much as told us to expect that development later. On the other hand, he does enjoy being incredibly misleading while telling the truth.

2.) Since so many books are getting in, can we make this a no-spoiler discussion sometime soon? Like, maybe, week's end? Anyone have any objections to that?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #279

Depends. Will FeralExpress have tracked me down by then?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    A.)Seriously, he as much as told us to expect that development later. On the other hand, he does enjoy being incredibly misleading while telling the truth.
    Well, yes. Obviously. But it's the implications of his statement that I'm picking up.

Namely
    Spoiler
    Show
    talking about how it was important that Roy actively and of his own free will (one might even say "agency" ) destroyed a Gate rather than it being an accident or a circumstance of Fate or someone else doing it or whatever. This time Roy actively weakened the pillars of reality and that's gonna have consequences.

That there were going to be consequences was rather self-evident, as you say (and I said for that matter ). That it was important to the story that one of Our Heroes did the deed with eyes wide open.... wasn't. The implication that there will be consequences for Roy was probably a 50/50 shot.

It's a V/Familicide vibe I'm picking up, in a way. Rich made a very similar comment in DStP about that, and look how all of that turned out. That there isn't (?) quite the same moral dilemma is neither here nor there. The implication that Roy's Gonna Have To Live With the Consequences is very much a telling point, I felt. And, in a way, a nice juxtaposition for the talk they were having in Comic #944

That's the point I was trying to get across with my admittedly inelegant prior post.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-01-07 at 08:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by William Fox View Post
    Iowa...... Damn that Iowa getting it's books and not me!

I am in Michigan.... and I checked the mail twice today. Nothing.

But with so many getting their books, maybe I will get it tomorrow? I hope. I hope. I hope.

I am dying here. It took all my will power not to read the for real spoiler above me.
    You have more will power than I do.

Peelee’s Lotsey

12. - Top - End - #282
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    That might be the case, but the books are still sent to a distribution node in Dallas, so even if you are based in Houston, your books are still going on a road trip before getting to your place (mind you, San Antonio might be closer to Dallas than to Houston - I wouldn't know - so you might be even closer to said node than to the Ook WH).

----

In other news, my S.O. just informed me that our book & calendar order just arrived. But due to my paranoia about revealing personal information online, I rather not say where we are based, sorry.

Grey Wolf
    No need, thanks to the drones and the implant we can track you on GPS.

Your milk has expired, btw. No, the other carton. Yeah, that one.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

13. - Top - End - #283

ElfWarriorGuy

Not to Central Virginia yet, so hopefully tomorrow. Plus, Wrathette #1 gets home from school before I get home from work, so I won't get to read it until she's finished with it. :(

Edit - You're in Sac-of-tomatoes, Porthos? Fine town. I grew up there, ages ago.
    Last edited by Crusher; 2015-01-07 at 09:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    No need, thanks to the drones and the implant we can track you on GPS.

Your milk has expired, btw. No, the other carton. Yeah, that one.
    Dude, that's mean. His milk is fine and you know it.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

15. - Top - End - #285

ElfWarriorGuy

Dude, that's mean. His milk is fine and you know it.
    What? Did his SO toss it when I was away from the monitors? What happened to the cheese?

16. - Top - End - #286

2.) Since so many books are getting in, can we make this a no-spoiler discussion sometime soon? Like, maybe, week's end? Anyone have any objections to that?
    Well, I don't think many international backers (like me) will have them by then so I would appreciate it if it stays spoilered a bit. But I'm happy to know that the books are finally arriving. I'm trying all my best not to open the spoilers and so far succeeded. Hopefully customs service won't take too much time.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Well, strictly speaking, I don't know if it's going to be called that.

But it's pretty certain something like that is the plan at the moment.

As one can see from the very last bit from the calendar, reposted here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *parade of various villians walks on stage, making commentary along the way *
    (responding to a comment from Redcloak): Yeah! 2016 belongs to the villains!
    : And you, for only $17 USD!
    : Nice. Can't start shilling too early, I always say."

So true, Demon Roaches. So true.
    THIS, I am sooooo looking forward to this!

Omaha, Nebraska here--> found mine in the mailbox after work. Excedingly pleased with both the book and the calendar; just wish I felt better so I could enjoy reading more. *sniffle, sneeze, cough* More NyQuil...

18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground

Got mine yesterday. Love how the bonus strips address just about all the big questions people had.

Spoil for the questions answered.

Spoiler: BRiTF spoilers for bonus strips.
    Show
    We learn about Tarquin's axe.

We learn about Eugene and him appearing to Roy.

We learn about the scrying eye. (In case you didn't know it was Z.)

Also, I like the scene with the choking Devil. Had to go back online and double check if he was there initially. For those wondering, no he wasn't.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

How's the International Order situation going? Still waiting on my copy, and I just want to ensure it's not gone missing in the postal services.
    Yours,
    Impatient in the UK
    To the guy responsible for Belkar, Haley and Vaarsuvius. Thank you for providing over 800 comedy gems.

My Favourite Giant Posts
    Well, It Took 10 Years, But His Tolerance For Rules-Based Criticism Finally Snapped Like A Dry Breadstick
    Race Should Not Dictate Alignment

"What's the point in defending the defensible? Where's the challenge in that?" - Nick Naylor, Thank You for Smoking

Spot the Toxic Comic Fans! Gotta Catch 'Em All!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Got mine! I felt like a little kid going to the apartment manager this morning to pick it up. It was all I could do to not take off work today to read it,

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just got a notification that there's a package waiting for me, I'm not expecting anything else but this... looking forward to it And I have a whole night tonight to do nothing but curl up in bed and read and pretend it's not freezing.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

I have received my book, and will be reading it after I'm done with work stuff.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Got my package today!

It was empty. Not even a receipt. Not damaged either.

Guess I have a slightly longer wait...

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Plactus View Post
    Got my package today!

Ummm...seriously?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Ummm...seriously?
    Yep. Sent them a note, waiting to hear back.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Got my (Domestic) package today. Book and Calender.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Plactus View Post
    Got my package today!

Well, that's a little strange. Hope you get your stuff soon.

Peelee’s Lotsey

28. - Top - End - #298

Got my book and calendar today! Yay!

I'm very pleased with the new book. I've got to wonder, though, given that they're shipped with the book and (much wider) calendar in a single large envelope, if it's even theoretically possible to get a calendar that isn't all bent to hell before you even open the package. >_<

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rgrekejin View Post
    Got my book and calendar today! Yay!

I'm very pleased with the new book. I've got to wonder, though, given that they're shipped with the book and (much wider) calendar in a single large envelope, if it's even theoretically possible to get a calendar that isn't all bent to hell before you even open the package. >_<
    I made two orders, one came in that same large enevelope you are probably referring to. My larger order came in a box. The calendar that was in the envelope did have a somewhat annoying bend in the lower right corner. The calendars that were in the box were in a much better condition, however (still very tightly packed in that box, mind).

30. - Top - End - #300

I made two orders, one came in that same large enevelope you are probably referring to. My larger order came in a box. The calendar that was in the envelope did have a somewhat annoying bend in the lower right corner. The calendars that were in the box were in a much better condition, however (still very tightly packed in that box, mind).
    I had the book and the calendar come in the same envelope. The calendar looks as though it got folded around the book during transit - which it probably did. Both edges are bent, but there's a book-sized middle portion that seems in good condition.