New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Apparently mine arrived today, and as expected Wrathette #1 is busily reading it instead of doing her homework. Ah well, she has to go to bed eventually...
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by deworde View Post
    How's the International Order situation going? Still waiting on my copy, and I just want to ensure it's not gone missing in the postal services.
    Yours,
    Impatient in the UK
    Got mine today in Europe. I read it from cover to cover immediately. Totally worth it.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

Got mine today in Houston (seems like a long time to get to the other side of the city, but whatever). Calendar (2014) was a bit damaged, as it didn't fir properly in the package, books are fine and look great. I predict much time wasting tonight.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you folks get notifications when it is delivered? Just want to make sure I don't miss it while I'm at work.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Do you folks get notifications when it is delivered? Just want to make sure I don't miss it while I'm at work.
    Nope, came via USPS, so just got a pink slip in my mailbox telling me I had a package at the apartment office.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Guess what I just opened!

Peelee’s Lotsey

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    No notification via any internet means; my mailbox sucks and rain soaks everything, so I reroute all my mail to work. Dunno if they'll leave it on your doorstep or give you a slip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    Guess what I just opened!
    Your third eye!
    Last edited by Peelee; 2015-01-08 at 06:13 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

Phoenix, AZ. I was waiting for the deliverer to knock on the door but they came earlier and just plopped the envelope near the doorstep without me noticing. No internet notifications, either.

After days of not seeing anything, the one day I don't check is when someone reminded me the book was here.

9. - Top - End - #309

Mine showed up today as well. Luckily, one of my neighbors was coming home right about then and grabbed it off the porch before the wind could start it on it's way to the river.

(And yes, I did include the S&H instruction to leave the box at my apartment door instead of outside.)

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Just got mine The February and October pages had me shrieking with glee, by the way. Loving the new art upgrades for the Azurites.
    "Dinnae discount tha victories ye have jus' cause ye dinnae plan fer 'em. […] Ye cannae beat yerself up o'er what ye might've done, V. Tha way lies madness." - Durkon Thundershield, Order of the Stick.

"Only the honor of a paladin is unbreakable." - Soon Kim, Order of the Stick.

What Would O-Chul Do?

11. - Top - End - #311

I just got mine today!

The bonus comic with the sphinx made me put down the book to laugh for a while.

I did notice that the new lettering font doesn't render accented e's properly. Page 730, panel 1, and at least one other place. Not a huge deal, but maybe fixable before the next printing.

DM'ing Trouble In Orlane IC | OOC

Stick figure character portraits I've made for myself and others.

"I think most gamemasters would agree that their world functions significantly more smoothly before the PCs ever show up." -

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Qarr/Z flashback doesn't really add up with the established timeline that Z had been out of jail for months and Qarr only learned about the IFCC and Linear Guild like 2 days before Book 5 starts. I guess it can be handwaved as Nale doing the scrying at first, then Z stepped in at the end and did in a few weeks what Nale couldn't do over the course of a year. And of course he wouldn't admit to that.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

13. - Top - End - #313
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Plactus View Post
    Got my package today!

It was empty. Not even a receipt. Not damaged either.

Guess I have a slightly longer wait...
    Wow. Depending on your level of optimism, that either the best or worst practical joke ever in the history of the world.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Also, I got a book today. Unfortunately, it was a book I had ordered for one of my classes, and not the OotS book.

Tomorrow is Friday, which means I still have two days in which to expect it before my weekend with again be OotSless.

I hope it comes tomorrow. With so many of you reporting success in that area, including internationally, I have hope that despite the frozen hellscape that is Michigan right now, I may yet receive it.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Halfling in the Playground

Got my book today in Mass. (I mean in Massachusetts, not like I got a big box of them [en masse].)

Woot.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

A question for Rich, since a new book is out and it's only really worth asking then - why "foreward" and not "foreword"? Seems like a consistent typo across the books.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

IT IS HERE! IT IS FINALLY HERE!!!

The glorious book arrived in Michigan but a few short minutes ago.

*It's even more beautiful and glorious than in the pictures. It is even thicker than I imagined. And heavy too! I love just holding it and smelling it. It's very impressive. I am beaming just knowing that it's here, and as soon as I am done writing this, I can just lay on the couch for hours enjoying it.

*Things you can say about your boyfriend, but not about a book. That's for all the "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" fans out there.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Banned

Zombie

Got mine in Iowa today. Now I have to figure out how to get the entire wall of postit's that I generated in 9 days onto my 12x12 calendar. :)

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

I appreciate the spoiler guards, everyone, since here in the Washington, DC area, the calendar and book, via bulk shipping, yet again did NOT show up with today's mail.

It sounds as if next week I should start bugging Ookoodook if it hasn't yet shown up.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hooray, our book finally arrived! Thank you to the brave USPS worker who dared to leave his (hopefully warm) truck to step into the cold State College Pennsylvania weather to put this on our doorstep.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Hooray, our book finally arrived! Thank you to the brave USPS worker who dared to leave his (hopefully warm) truck to step into the cold State College Pennsylvania weather to put this on our doorstep.
    Oooo. If its in Pennsylvania, theres a chance I'll get it today!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

22. - Top - End - #322

Lizardfolk

My book finally arrived yesterday up in Minnesota! So far I've only had time to read the foreward stuff, recap, and the first chapter, but I love the bonus material that I've gotten to. For me, my favorite part of the physical books is Rich's chapter forewards. I always love getting that extra insight into events.
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dakaran View Post
    My book finally arrived yesterday up in Minnesota!
    This gives me hope for tonight when I get home (also in MN).

Do not crush my hope!

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Turbidus View Post
    Got mine today in Europe.
    What shipping did you chose? Standard or preorder bulk shipping?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo hoo! Mine arrived yesterday! Naturally, my kids all wanted to read it, and my wife said, "I'm not going to see you tonight, am I?". So the kids got to look at the calendar, and I spent some time with the wife. But I still got some reading time in! Thanks, Giant!

My calendars and book (and shirt for my oldest daughter) arrived in the same box. The calendars barely fit, and needed to be tapped out, but aside from a slight bend in one corner, are in great shape (I bought last year's calendar too). No shipping notification other than the email from Ape Games I got several weeks ago.

To those of you still waiting, I hope your books come soon!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

26. - Top - End - #326
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Mine showed up today! NYC, bulk preorder shipping. I can't read it until I get home from work, so the only thing I can say about it is that it's _heavy_.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzclowningham View Post
    Mine showed up today! NYC, bulk preorder shipping. I can't read it until I get home from work, so the only thing I can say about it is that it's _heavy_.
    Indeed. I got SoD in the same package, and by comparison BRITF felt like an actual book, rather than a comic.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

All right, having gone through both, I'm going to put a few of my thoughts out there.

Spoiler
    Show

First, the calendar art was excellent as expected. It also satisfied my desire to see the updated villains and other assorted characters, who I think look quite good in it (Still want to see them online, though). It was also quite clever. The October and November extras were especially great. As were the flumphs.

The Preface was probably the saddest one. Durkon has now become the unwitting master of dramatic irony, I think. I think the preface to SoD is still my favorite, but this one is close

The bonus comics were for the most part just amusing, although Niu's scene was pretty cool. I especially laughed at #708b. However, the ones with Tarquin's axe and Eugene were actually somewhat plot important, and will be getting plenty of reference soon enough, I'm sure. There were also a few with a bit of character development. Also, is it just me, or were there a surprising amount of references to older jokes in them.

The commentary was also quite interesting, especially the not-so-subtle hints about Roy. I wonder when it was written, because most of it seems to have been written as though during that hiatus.

All in all, an excellent book, possibly one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Jaxzan Proditor; 2015-01-09 at 05:12 PM.

Peelee’s Lotsey

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    All right, having gone through both, I'm going to put a few of my thoughts out there.

Spoiler
    Show

First, the calendar art was excellent as expected. It also satisfied my desire to see the updated villains and other assorted characters, who I think look quite good in it (Still want to see them online, though). It was also quite clever. The October and November extras were especially great. As were the flumphs.

The Preface was probably the saddest one. Durkon has now become the unwitting master of dramatic irony, I think. I think the preface to SoD is still my favorite, but this one is close

The bonus comics were for the most part just amusing, although Niu's scene was pretty cool. I especially laughed at #708b. However, the ones with Tarquin's axe and Eugene were actually somewhat plot important, and will be getting plenty of reference soon enough, I'm sure. There were also a few with a bit of character development. Also, is it just me, or were there a surprising amount of references to older jokes in them.

The commentary was also quite interesting, especially the not-so-subtle hints about Roy. I wonder when it was written, because most of it seems to have been written as though during that hiatus.

All in all, an excellent book, possibly one of my favorites.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm incredibly interested to see how Roy's consequences play out. Right now, the Snarl, the backstory thereof, and the world-in-the-rifts is of great interest to me.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2015-01-09 at 05:27 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

30. - Top - End - #330
    Halfling in the Playground

Daemon

I got my copy today (hooray!) in NYC. Unfortunately, my particular copy seems to have a binding issue, where the tops of pages weren't fully cut, and are bound to other pages. I'd prefer not to cut the pages myself, since I'm afraid of damaging the book, not to mention they'd probably end up leaving a jagged edge.

Anyway, I've reached out to Ookoodook about it, and haven't heard back yet. Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else had a similar problem with their copy.