New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gamera View Post
    I appreciate the spoiler guards, everyone, since here in the Washington, DC area, the calendar and book, via bulk shipping, yet again did NOT show up with today's mail.

It sounds as if next week I should start bugging Ookoodook if it hasn't yet shown up.
    I'm a bit south of you, just below the NoVa hellscape, and I'm still waiting on my bulk shipping book. So, you aren't alone. I'll probably be calling Ookoodook Tuesday or Wednesday if it doesn't show up
    Av by Flame Master Axel

Spoiler
    Show

Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

2. - Top - End - #332
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Seattle checking in here, still have not received book as of today. I will probably be contacting Ook next week to get a shipping number if it hasn't come by Monday or Tuesday night.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Haven't gotten a chance to read the whole thing yet (Wrathette #1 hasn't finished it yet either and we keep stealing it back and forth from each other. Which hardly seems fair, seeing as how she got the calendar), but I will say:

Spoiler: /spoiler
    Show
    Oh, that foreword by Durkon... :( I think that's one party member who won't be getting a happy ending.
    Last edited by Crusher; 2015-01-10 at 01:13 AM.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

4. - Top - End - #334
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    What shipping did you chose? Standard or preorder bulk shipping?
    "Shipping: Intl Priority Envelope or Small Box", whichever that was.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Southern New Jersey checking in; book and calendar have arrived.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Turbidus View Post
    "Shipping: Intl Priority Envelope or Small Box", whichever that was.
    Thanks for the answer.
    Mine is 'Intl Preorder Fulfillment' so it seems you selected a non-bulk shipping option. Guess that means I have to wait some more :/

7. - Top - End - #337
    Barbarian in the Playground

Austin Texas; just got mine yesterday =)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avy by spectralphoenix

Sammael, Aasimar Blackguard

Avys by Neoseph07

Astaroth, Human Lich Dragon Disciple

Jophiel, Gray Elf Mystic Theurge

<--Naamah Vampire Illusionist

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by shamgar001 View Post
    I did notice that the new lettering font doesn't render accented e's properly. Page 730, panel 1.
    True, though I think that one just got overlooked in the font update/correction process. For example, page 761, panel 10, is fine.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

I got mine on a Sunday! I did the pre-order shipment and I live in Philadelphia, so east coasters be on the lookout!
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2015-01-12 at 07:07 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Calendar arrived here in Oregon, via UPS, on....Thursday, apparently; I received it (along with a "Merry Christmas" declaration) just now.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

11. - Top - End - #341
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also in Portland, my calendar+book arrived on Saturday the 10th via USPS. I also did the pre-order shipping.
    Last edited by Sky_Schemer; 2015-01-11 at 06:52 PM.
    If you can read this you are too close.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

The book has finally arrived at my place in Germany. Although I ordered after Christmas. There has also been some customs declaration confusion, but everything is fine now for me.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I ordered a book and calender but I ordered them seperatly, the book arrived last week but I have still not received my calendar. I am in Scotland so it is international shipping, should I be worried?

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Germany, Hamburg. I ordered the 2015 calendar and a book (although not the latest) before Christmas, and nothing has come yet. Should I write a mail to ookoodook?
    Was vernünftig ist, das ist wirklich; und was wirklich ist, das ist vernünftig. (G.W.F.H.)

15. - Top - End - #345
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Meph, give it more time. If the people in the US haven't all received their shipments yet, it's to be expected that it will take a few more days for our shipments to arrive in Germany.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Yeah, I don't think anyone overseas should worry yet, considering the arcane mysteries of international postal service. Even with two boxes to the same address, one might get stopped by your nation's customs while the other sails through.

For US orders, I would expect that if you don't get them by next Monday, you should definitely contact Ookoodook and see about tracking it.

Quote Originally Posted by shamgar001 View Post
    I did notice that the new lettering font doesn't render accented e's properly. Page 730, panel 1, and at least one other place. Not a huge deal, but maybe fixable before the next printing.
    The new lettering font doesn't have accent marks, something I didn't notice until a few weeks after I had premiered it in the comic. I switched to using another similar font for just those letters, but since it's a manual process of spotting them and fixing them, some might have slipped through.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

17. - Top - End - #347

Next Tuesday. Monday's a holiday.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, I finally got enough money to order the book! Though I'll need to wait a couple more weeks for the calendar; hopefully they'll still be for sale.

19. - Top - End - #349

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Next Tuesday. Monday's a holiday.
    True. When you work at home, you completely lose track of holidays. I'm not too good on what day of the week it is most of the time, either.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    True. When you work at home, you completely lose track of holidays.
    In 2014, I discovered that having a calendar on the wall of my office with no holidays on it has the same effect...

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    In 2014, I discovered that having a calendar on the wall of my office with no holidays on it has the same effect...
    If that is a suggestion to put holidays on it, please don't.

As an international costumer I already have enough drawbacks (mostly longer and more expensive shipping), I don't need a bunch of marked days that have mostly no relevance for me on top.
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2015-01-13 at 03:16 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

True that.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm in Canada, and I haven't even got an e-mail that says "Your order has shipped", and it's been a week since the international orders arrived at the fulfillment company. But since not even everyone in the US has them yet, I guess it's too soon to worry. Maybe?

24. - Top - End - #354
    Pixie in the Playground

Did anyone else get a book with a raised ripples in the clear film on the spine? It is a pretty minor blemish and not worth trying to remedy but if it happened to a lot of the books then I figure it is something that the program manager (aka the Giant) should know about for future book runs.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Thumbs up Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by Plactus View Post
    Got my package today!

It was empty. Not even a receipt. Not damaged either.

Guess I have a slightly longer wait...
    I got my replacement package today, with everything. A big thumbs up and thank you to Ookoodook's customer service.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbey View Post
    I'm in Canada, and I haven't even got an e-mail that says "Your order has shipped",
    I don't think they are doing shipping notices for the pre-order (relatively) cheap shipping option. I didn't get an e-mail and my book arrived a few days ago. It's probably en route

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I'm in Canada, and I haven't even got an e-mail that says "Your order has shipped", and it's been a week since the international orders arrived at the fulfillment company. But since not even everyone in the US has them yet, I guess it's too soon to worry. Maybe?
    I got mine a week ago and haven't yet received an email. If that makes you feel any better. Doubt they're doing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajema View Post
    Did anyone else get a book with a raised ripples in the clear film on the spine? It is a pretty minor blemish and not worth trying to remedy but if it happened to a lot of the books then I figure it is something that the program manager (aka the Giant) should know about for future book runs.
    I did not.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ajema View Post
    I didn't.
    I do not think those who selected the pre-order option got an e-mail. I certainly didn't.

Peelee’s Lotsey

29. - Top - End - #359

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    You're right; in the 2016 calendar, I'll be sure to mark Towel Day, Take Your Dog to Work Day, and Ball Point Pen Day.

Speaking of ball point pens, that's a great way to mark the holidays that are important to you, whatever they may be.
    Rich Burlew

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    You're right; in the 2016 calendar, I'll be sure to mark Towel Day, Take Your Dog to Work Day, and Ball Point Pen Day.

Speaking of ball point pens, that's a great way to mark the holidays that are important to you, whatever they may be.
    I cannot imagine a holiday more important than Ball Point Pen Day.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2015-01-14 at 10:47 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”