New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    I didn't.

I do not think those who selected the pre-order option got an e-mail. I certainly didn't.
    Okay, that's all I was wondering about. Thanks.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Yeah, I didn't get any email either, and I received the book and calendar today :) Preordered the first day it became available, if that's relevant. I think International orderers shouldn't worry about it quite yet, since I'm in the US (California).

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    You're right; in the 2016 calendar, I'll be sure to mark Towel Day, Take Your Dog to Work Day, and Ball Point Pen Day.

Speaking of ball point pens, that's a great way to mark the holidays that are important to you, whatever they may be.
    In my case it's Press Deadline Day, Press Deadline Day, and Press Deadline Day... It's nice having a calendar with no holidays because then it doesn't rub it in when I have to work on so many of them.

I didn't mean for it to sound like a complaint/suggestion, btw, just struck me as funny that the guy making holiday-free calendars doesn't know when holidays are. I'd assumed you'd left them off to make things simpler or more international-friendly, but it turns out you just have no idea when they are. "Christmas? That's in October, right? Wait, what month is it now?"

4. - Top - End - #364
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

At one point for first calendar, I had the idea to fill every single day with a different obscure holiday and then leave out Christmas and Thanksgiving and such. But that would have been a lot of work for a very weak joke, so I didn't.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anyone in the UK received their Book / Calendar package yet ?

I see our German friends have their books etc and England is closer to the states than Germany as the familiar flies.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by talkamancer View Post
    I see our German friends have their books etc
    One or some of them have the book. No all.
    I haven't heard from customs yet. Let alone have the thing in hands.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I cannot imagine a holiday more important than Ball Point Day.
    Then you need to work on your imagination and Googling skills! For example, next Monday (1/19) is National Popcorn Day (in the US, anyway). As someone who considers popcorn an entire food group, I think its a pretty big day.

Just for fun, here's a list of the US National *X* Day. http://www.holidayscalendar.com/holidays/weird/ (June 9th is National Donald Duck Day, August 18th is Bad Poetry Day, and December 5th is Day of the Ninja, in case you were wondering).

There are quite a few, and I know this list is incomplete, because May 13th is Apple Pie Day (I like Apple Pie) and this list merely notes that its Frog Jumping Day without also including the Apple Pie bit.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    Then you need to work on your imagination and Googling skills! For example, next Monday (1/19) is National Popcorn Day (in the US, anyway). As someone who considers popcorn an entire food group, I think its a pretty big day.

Just for fun, here's a list of the US National *X* Day. http://www.holidayscalendar.com/holidays/weird/ (June 9th is National Donald Duck Day, August 18th is Bad Poetry Day, and December 5th is Day of the Ninja, in case you were wondering).

There are quite a few, and I know this list is incomplete, because May 13th is Apple Pie Day (I like Apple Pie) and this list merely notes that its Frog Jumping Day without also including the Apple Pie bit.
    I must question the accuracy of that list, as they have Johnny Appleseed day twice.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I cannot imagine a holiday more important than Ball Point Day.
    Ballpoint Pen Day, please. For people like me who didn't learn about it until a minute ago heathens who don't have the date memorized, it's June 10th every year, of course. Anniversary of the date of the awarding of the ballpoint pen patent to the Bíró brothers, as everyone surely knows.

For our international friends still waiting for their packages, please be aware that I am still waiting too, near Washington, DC, USA. The mail hasn't come yet today, though, so here's hoping.

Edit: IT CAME! Also, in all fairness to Ookoodook, looks as if the local post office tried to deliver it on Saturday, found that our business was closed, and then didn't get around to retrying until today. Uh, see you all in a couple of days when I'm spoiler-proof again.

Edit again:
    Spoiler: Calendar
    Show
    Giant, how does it feel to have made the best subtle kerning joke in human history?
    Last edited by Dr. Gamera; 2015-01-14 at 12:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370

AssassinGuy

I haven't received any email saying that pre-ordered book is being shipped or anything yet. I live in Canada. Should I be concerned at this point?

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gamera View Post
    I am still waiting too, near Washington, DC, USA. The mail hasn't come yet today, though, so here's hoping.

Edit: IT CAME!
    Aw, maaaaaan! I was okay with mine not being here as long as the other DC folks hadn't gotten theirs either. (An I-hope-excusable case of OOTS-based schadenfreude.) Alas, the mail today has come already and still no love.

And YES I am secretly hoping that by posting this the mail carrier will realize s/he's forgotten something and make a spectacularly unlikely second trip to deliver it, just so that my post can be ironically out-of-date almost immediately. Shut up, that's totally how it works.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ella ventic View Post
    Aw, maaaaaan! I was okay with mine not being here as long as the other DC folks hadn't gotten theirs either. (An I-hope-excusable case of OOTS-based schadenfreude.) Alas, the mail today has come already and still no love.

And YES I am secretly hoping that by posting this the mail carrier will realize s/he's forgotten something and make a spectacularly unlikely second trip to deliver it, just so that my post can be ironically out-of-date almost immediately. Shut up, that's totally how it works.
    People who are waiting for it via mail, be it known! UPS delivered mine, so there is hope if you've already received mail that it may arrive.

This was my first bought book, and I must say it was exciting to wait for! Now I want to buy the rest... (not that that has changed, but now that I own one, it makes me want to more....)
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    People who are waiting for it via mail, be it known! UPS delivered mine, so there is hope if you've already received mail that it may arrive.

This was my first bought book, and I must say it was exciting to wait for! Now I want to buy the rest... (not that that has changed, but now that I own one, it makes me want to more....)
    Did you do the cheap pre-order option?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I kind of want to know how National Race Your Computer Mouse Day is celebrated. Also, I clearly have not been celebrating National Ice Cream Eating Day as I should.

Peelee’s Lotsey

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Menarker View Post
    I haven't received any email saying that pre-ordered book is being shipped or anything yet. I live in Canada. Should I be concerned at this point?
    It seems that no one who selected the pre-order version gets any e-mail notification about shipping. Some people have mentioned their books arriving without any e-mails. Not even everyone in the US has their books yet, so it may be early to worry.

16. - Top - End - #376

Just email Ookoodook (use the contact us link on their site) and ask if they have an update. They didn't send out tracking numbers, but they might have them.

They're very quick about answering questions. You should get a response within an hour or so.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Blood Runs in the Family Bonus Strips
    Show
    Oh my God, 708a. Giant, how are you making me tear up over the feelings of an evil antagonist?

18. - Top - End - #378

I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed. I didn't expect to see December 5th on this list at all.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379

So I just this minute recieved my book and calendar. For comparative purposes, mine was a pre-order using the cheaper international shippping deal, sent to France. I didn't recieve any emails about order, from Ookadook or the delivery companies, after the order update on the 12th december (when the books were still being bound). The products arrived well-packed and in good condition; only a slight buckle on the bottom corner of the calendar, which may have occured when I yanked the package out of the letter box too eagerly

I have only had time to have a cursory glance at the calendar and read the first couple of pages of the book, but I can say with confiidence that the quality of the products is (as always) well worth the wait. If you are still holding on for your package, hang in there!
    The prison was full of British officers who had sworn to die, rather than be captured.

Avatar by Rich Burlew: The Giant Stuck It To Me!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Checking in from Denmark. Book has arrived.

Also, Ookookdook must employ some dark arts of customs sorcery, because it went through clean. No extra fees or anything. And this isn't the first time an OOTS book does that from there. I wonder, is there a fulfillment house inside the EU? It's the only way I could see this work at such a consistent rate.

Well, time to read it, cover to cover, and man this is a whopper of a comic book.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Did you do the cheap pre-order option?
    I did. AND I got mine on a Sunday, when post usually doesn't ship. Not sure why/how.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

22. - Top - End - #382
    Halfling in the Playground

Also got my book today. Netherlands, pre-order shipping.

23. - Top - End - #383

April 15: National 'That Sucks' Day. Also Income Tax Day.

Also the Feast of Saint Ruadhan, who battled the agents of the court and, after much cursing, prevailed.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Just for anyone who is waiting: I live in New Zealand and I got the book this morning, so if you don't have it yet, you can probably expect it very soon.

My book has a small defect on the spine, sadly, but otherwise came in great condition. It's massive though - I really hope the books never get any bigger than this one, it's more than twice the size of the smallest books, and it's difficult to imagine how well the binding is going to hold up to repeated readings.

Still, stoked to get it.

Hey, I just realised, it's almost 3 years to the day since the kickstarter! :-)

25. - Top - End - #385

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    *gets to May*

I'll spoiler this, I suppose.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, nuts. This is gonna bug the hell outta me.

*checks old threads*

Looks like its Miskatonic once again, but I'm having trouble mapping the characters to letters.

Anyone who wants to help here, feel free.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's actually WizardSpeak. The first couple of words are obscured, but I'm pretty sure it's
    Spoiler
    Show
    THIS TOOK A LONG TIME TO DRAW
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

26. - Top - End - #386
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm still waiting on mine. Anyone from the Alaska area get theirs?
    All human evil comes from a single cause, man's inability to sit still in a room.
    -Blaise Pascal

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    -Martin luther king

27. - Top - End - #387
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm jealous of all those folks in New Zealand and Europe who received it! Nevertheless, this thread helps me keeping my patience in good working condition.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Velarias View Post
    I'm still waiting on mine. Anyone from the Alaska area get theirs?
    I now understand your "depths of the abyss" location.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

W00t! My little corner of DC finally catches up with what seems like the rest of the planet; everything arrived with today's mail. Now excuse me... *hunkers down to read*

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's actually WizardSpeak. The first couple of words are obscured, but I'm pretty sure it's
    Spoiler
    Show
    THIS TOOK A LONG TIME TO DRAW
    Many thanks!
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb