New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    At this point, I think I would find it vaguely unfulfilling if I got an OOTS book/calendar/Kickstarter reward without any sort of unexpected delay. It's just part of the natural cycle of life.
    Would that not make it an expected delay though?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Giant in the Playground: Where we always expect the unexpected!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Unexpected Hanging Paradox

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Or is it... where we never expect the expected?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, that's too bad about the books. At least there's a silver lining.

Even the Spanish Inquisition?

Peelee’s Lotsey

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Just got a shipping notice for the books & calendar I ordered from Ookoodook--looks like the annoying, unexpected delays are finally over!

By the way, I ordered a full set of books (including 2 copies of the new one; the full set is a gift), so it's shipping differently than most orders. Not sure if most folks will receive a shipping notification, but stuff is being shipped!
    Last edited by 2.5 cats; 2014-12-20 at 02:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

<runs and checks his email expectantly>

Nothing yet.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

8. - Top - End - #158
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Yup, books and calendars are in the warehouse and being packed up as we speak. I think they worked all through the night on Friday.

Ookoodook is telling me that some orders are running into a problem with—of all things—the TSA. I know almost nothing about which ones or why or what have you, just that some orders are affected and some are not. I'm pretty sure it's not affecting domestic orders that went with the Priority Mail option, though, so those are currently the ones most likely to arrive by Christmas (if that's a thing that matters to you).

This also means that the reduced shipping option is off the table for new orders, or will be as soon as they update their shopping cart software.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Apparently this no longer holds true, as I was not expecting the TSA to be causing problems.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Ookoodook is telling me that some orders are running into a problem with—of all things—the TSA.
    WTF? Did they try to ship some of the packages by passenger jet or something? The TSA doesn't regulate the mail.

Maybe they saw "blood" and "airship" and assumed someone was trying to smuggle liquids onto a plane.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

You know, there's every likelihood that I'll get my package a day or two before Christmas. By rights, I really should wait until Xmas day to open it. Make it a present to me, as it were.

*realizes that means at least some people would read it before me*

*further realizes that means people could be discussing it here*

SCREW THAT! I may not be the first person to read it, but I ain't gonna sit around and let others get ahead of me! Leave that for the goodie-goody types!
    Daddy needs his fix and he's gonna get it the second he can!
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

biggrin Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Got the books! Woohoo!

Points to the Post Office--Texas to Massachusetts in one weekend (Priority Mail)!
    Last edited by 2.5 cats; 2014-12-22 at 09:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    WTF? Did they try to ship some of the packages by passenger jet or something? The TSA doesn't regulate the mail.

Maybe they saw "blood" and "airship" and assumed someone was trying to smuggle liquids onto a plane.
    Many consumer airlines have a freight service where companies like UPS can ship packages in the cargo area of the plane. This is perhaps the situation.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 2.5 cats View Post
    Got the books! Woohoo!

Points to the Post Office--Texas to Massachusetts in one weekend (Priority Mail)!
    That's great! I hope my stuff arrives soon.

Peelee’s Lotsey

15. - Top - End - #165
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I hope mine doesn't, considering I'm away from home until Friday evening!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just remembered I got a notice that there was a USPS package waiting for me in the mail room on Saturday and I was sick all weekend so I didn't get it yet. It couldn't have gotten there so fast, could it? I'll be so annoyed at myself if I was sick in bed and bored all weekend feeling sorry for myself if it turns out there was a new OOTS book downstairs waiting for me

Edit: The answer is no, it couldn't have gotten here so fast. But it was the only thing better than a new OOTS book: surprise homemade chocolate truffles!
    Last edited by SarahV; 2014-12-22 at 07:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

I just posted this to the News page, but I'll add it here too:

If anyone is planning on giving the book as a gift and it doesn't show up by Christmas, I've made a new PDF card that you can download and print out to announce the package's imminent arrival.

Download link

Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

18. - Top - End - #168
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

If anyone is planning on giving the book as a gift and it doesn't show up by Christmas, I've made a new PDF card that you can download and print out to announce the package's imminent arrival.

Download link

I love it. Also, Belkar's snark at Roy is, as usual, great.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

My book arrived yesterday by USPS Priority Mail. Some books may make it before Christmas.

The book looks good. Thanks for publishing it, Giant.
    FTDWIR

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Download link
    You probably have a thousand other things to do, but there are some art errors with various feet and hands on that card. As funny as always though.

Edit: I don't care, personally. I'm not giving the book to anyone.
    Last edited by Cizak; 2014-12-23 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"He seems to be using some sort of psionic elk to see through the fog!"

I love it.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

So, silver-lining of late book cloud. An page of funny OOTS jokes. Since I had to go by way of local store I won't see any books this side of the year anyway so basically a bonus with no downside.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

The best part is, if you're giving it to someone who isn't yet familiar with the new artwork, they won't know it's OOTS until they open it.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Should we assume that even domestic orders are still being packed and shipped? I have yet to receive even a notification that my order has shipped, let alone the actual book.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    Should we assume that even domestic orders are still being packed and shipped? I have yet to receive even a notification that my order has shipped, let alone the actual book.
    Same here.

Peelee’s Lotsey

26. - Top - End - #176

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzan Proditor View Post
    Same here.
    Ah, I was just going to post with the same question. Was curious if anyone has gotten their book without a pre-ship email yet.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

i maybe mistaken, but I do believe that it was said there would be no shipping email. I swear I read it somewhere around this forum.
    Why is it every D&D story starts with "So there i am..."?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    Should we assume that even domestic orders are still being packed and shipped?
    "even domestic orders"? Are you expecting Ookoodook to treat domestic orders differently than orders from overseas?
    Not living in America I sure hope they don't.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I got my copy of book 5! Hooray!

30. - Top - End - #180

I still have not gotten my books and calendar. I'm in the US and used the cheaper pre-order shipping option. I'm not upset that my stuff isn't here yet, but since other people in the thread have gotten their stuff I am wondering how much longer I should wait before contacting customer service to make sure my order wasn't eaten by wolves (or stolen off my porch, probably not by wolves).

Have other pre-order bulk shipping option people started getting their stuff yet, or just the Priority Mail people?