New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

I got the cheap shipping, and I haven't gotten mine either

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

I actually just emailed them and got a reply:

"We expect all orders to ship to the fulfillment company this week, at which point they'll ship out to individuals."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    I got the cheap shipping, and I haven't gotten mine either
    Me too. I'm eagerly checking my mailbox every day!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

sometimes i think its easier to see if i can pick up my orders at the warehouse. instead of waiting for a week plus, i can take a 3 hour drive and get my order. if only i could.
    Why is it every D&D story starts with "So there i am..."?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Anyone international got theirs yet?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Anyone international got theirs yet?
    Waiting on a Calendar to Germany, haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone information on Book 5 hitting FLGSs (especially international)? I didn't ordered through Ook because of the shipping cost (even while adding the Calendar...) and decided to go buy it from my FLGS.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Waiting on a Calendar to Germany, haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone information on Book 5 hitting FLGSs (especially international)? I didn't ordered through Ook because of the shipping cost (even while adding the Calendar...) and decided to go buy it from my FLGS.
    I haven't contacted them to clarify anything, but the Sci-Fi Bookstore in Sweden recently changed the release date from December to Febuary. I got sad.
    Last edited by Cizak; 2014-12-30 at 07:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, I just received a "Sorry, it isn't here yet" card, so apparently they have not arrived in Pennsylvania either.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I haven't received mine yet. Each day, I'm like "Oh boy, I bet this is the day where it arrives!", and then it doesn't. Oh well, I'm sure it will get here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I haven't contacted them to clarify anything, but the Sci-Fi Bookstore in Sweden recently changed the release date from December to Febuary. I got sad.
    That's disappointing. I'm sorry to hear that.

Peelee’s Lotsey

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Mine just arrived in The Netherlands.
    Just in time before I went off to the inlaws :)

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm...I'm in america (philadelphia) and I still haven't recieved it yet. Anyone else in this area having that problem?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lukraak View Post
    Mine just arrived in The Netherlands.
    Just in time before I went off to the inlaws :)
    I've not gotten mine yet. I ordered the calendar and book and live in Missouri, USA.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Hmmm...I'm in america (philadelphia) and I still haven't recieved it yet. Anyone else in this area having that problem?
    Virginia here, so similar region. Nothing yet.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

14. - Top - End - #194
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oklahoma, and yet to get mine as well. The site says wait 3-4 days, then a week after that if it hadn't arrived yet. So I will wait until the 1st, before sending them a message.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

New info on the website:

12/30/14 - Order of the Stick Pre-Order Shipping Status. Intl. Shipped to Fulfillment. Domestic Packed and Labeling. The new Order of the Stick book, Blood Runs in the Family, and the 2015 calendar are in various stages of shipping. International orders shipped to the fulfillment company yesterday, where they'll ship out to the various countries and then to you.

Domestic orders are all packed and we're labeling them for shipment. These should ship out to the fulfillment company tomorrow or Friday, and will be shipped to you as soon as they're received by them.
    So there you have it. Best wait a while to send your anxious e-mails!

On the other hand, since I am just as impatient as anyone else, I don't suppose one of you lucky ducks who already got your books could pop down into the OOTS by Page Count thread and fill us in on some of the pertinent details? Lengths of chapters/Rounds specifically? Pretty please?

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Haven't recieved my order yet - but no worries! I can use the December 32nd that's printed on the 2014 calendar.
    Post, post, post, post an amusing and insightful comment!

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by ella ventic View Post
    12/30/14 - Order of the Stick Pre-Order Shipping Status. Intl. Shipped to Fulfillment. Domestic Packed and Labeling. The new Order of the Stick book, Blood Runs in the Family, and the 2015 calendar are in various stages of shipping. International orders shipped to the fulfillment company yesterday, where they'll ship out to the various countries and then to you.

Domestic orders are all packed and we're labeling them for shipment. These should ship out to the fulfillment company tomorrow or Friday, and will be shipped to you as soon as they're received by them.
    Since I'm not american and not familiar with what a "fulfillment company" is, can anyone explain it to me?

Power equals power

The hero of any story can defy danger - but only a special hero can defy stories themselves.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Speaking of, there's another update:

1/1/15 - Order of the Stick Pre-Order Shipping Status. Intl. Shipped to Fulfillment. Domestic Packed and Labeling. The new Order of the Stick book, Blood Runs in the Family, and the 2015 calendar are in various stages of shipping. International orders shipped to the fulfillment company yesterday, where they'll ship out to the various countries and then to you.

The team worked LATE into the night on New Years Eve labeling. The pallets should be picked up tomorrow (Friday) for fulfillment, and shipped to you from there.
    HUGE thanks to everyone there for working so hard to fix someone else's mistake!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ella ventic View Post
    Speaking of, there's another update:

HUGE thanks to everyone there for working so hard to fix someone else's mistake!
    Wow. I wonder what happened, exactly? I get that they had their timeline squished by the printer's delivery trouble and over the holiday season is not exactly ideal for dealing with large orders. Still, they presumably knew the volume of orders to be fulfilled and how long order labeling typically takes. You'd think they'd have found a way to contract some of it out rather than work late on 12/31 and again on 1/1 :/.
    "You are what you do. Choose again and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Paid for the cheap shipping, but haven't heard anything about it arriving. How long should we wait before contacting somebody?

I'm not really in any hurry, I just want to make sure it didn't get lost somewhere.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Last paragraph updated again, just confirming the previous estimates (and the first paragraph is out of date now; "shipped yesterday" means back on the 29th):

1/2/15 - Order of the Stick Pre-Order Shipping Status. Intl. Shipped to Fulfillment. Domestic Packed and Labeling. The new Order of the Stick book, Blood Runs in the Family, and the 2015 calendar are in various stages of shipping. International orders shipped to the fulfillment company yesterday, where they'll ship out to the various countries and then to you.

The team worked again yesterday to finish labeling. The pallets should be picked up today (Friday) for fulfillment, and shipped to you from there.
    So, Rezkeshdadesh, if your order is via cheap domestic shipping, your order left the warehouse today!
    Last edited by ella ventic; 2015-01-02 at 04:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    You'd think they'd have found a way to contract some of it out rather than work late on
    12/31 and again on 1/1 :/.
    Contracting out to someone else isn't going to be any cheaper than paying your own staff to work extra time over the holidays, and it would probably take longer because the contract workers would have to be brought up to speed with your internal processes before they could get started.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Paid for the cheap shipping, but haven't heard anything about it arriving. How long should we wait before contacting somebody?

I'm not really in any hurry, I just want to make sure it didn't get lost somewhere.
    I did email and got a response that stuff was in the process of shipping out. I am domestic, west coast.

I don't mind about the books being a little late, but calendars are one of those items that really should arrive before the start of the year. That's kind of the whole point of a calendar.

So far, I have not really been impressed with Ookadook's handling of the pre-orders (both this one, and the previous book). I know it's a small operation, but this was hardly an unforseen demand. Once is excusable. Twice? Not so much.
    If you can read this you are too close.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Spamalot in the Playground

FWIW I have my book. Though I am in the U.S. so I guess that's not much comfort to many folks posting here.

The author commentary in this one is pretty insightful.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As someone who actually *uses* the OOTS calendar to mark Doctor's appointments, co-ordinate schedules, etc., not having a calendar by Jan. 1 is resulting in a bunch of post-its, printed out paper calendars taped to the wall, etc. It's a PITA.

In future years, please do NOT couple mailing the calendars with other new items (such as a new book). This is just too prone to delays. Please tell Ookadook to ship calendar only orders *first*. Offering calendars that (will) show up in mid-January is just unprofessional.
    Last edited by Tom Lehmann; 2015-01-05 at 01:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

If you don't have your calendar yet, it's because you chose the reduced price shipping option—which was a bulk shipping deal. Bulk shipping means that no orders leave the warehouse until every order that chose the bulk shipping is ready to leave. Your order wasn't delayed because it was waiting for the books per se, it was delayed because the bulk shipping you chose is a lot slower—and, as circumstance would have it, it ran into some regulatory problems along the way. Had you selected the more expensive Priority Mail option, you would have gotten your calendar before Christmas (assuming you're in the USA).

Since the entire point of the bulk shipping is to save money by sending everything at once, pulling the calendar-only orders out and sending them first would have cost additional money.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for the explanation! Luckily I only bought the 2014 calendar so another week isn't really going to hurt anything.

29. - Top - End - #209

BardGuy

No book yet. I'm US/East Coast, fwiw.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzclowningham View Post
    No book yet. I'm US/East Coast, fwiw.
    Well, thanks to the Giant's explanation, I'm assuming nobody who ordered low-cost got theirs yet, and the ones who have were all paying for it. I previously thought mine was in the back of the line due to the delayed order date, but because i chose cheap shipping, i wasn't going to say a word about it. Patience, my friend! The hour is nigh, and our victory will come soon enough.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2015-01-05 at 06:50 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2