New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Meta-Psionicist Prestige Class (PEACH)

Built a Prestige Class a long while ago for myself, and I want some PEACHing to happen to this baby.

Anyhow, I bring you...
    The Meta-Psionicist.

“Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.” - Lao Tzu

You have learned to harness your psionic talents to modify your abilities beyond what they can already do.

Requirements
    Skills: Concentration 15 Ranks, Psicraft 15 Ranks
    Feats: Psionic Meditation, any three Metapsionic feats.

Level
    BaB
    Fort
    Ref
    Will
    Special
    Manifesting (Power Points and Powers Known)

Level 1
    BaB +0
    Fort: +0
    Ref: +0
    Will: 2
    Bonus Feat, Improved Metapsionics

Level 2
    BaB +1
    Fort: +0
    Ref: +0
    Will: +3
    Bonus Feat
    +1 Manifesting level

Level 3
    BaB: +1
    Fort: +1
    Ref: +1
    Will: +3
    Bonus Feat
    +1 Manifesting level

Level 4
    BaB: +2
    Will: +4
    Bonus Feat
    +1 Manifesting level

Level 5
    BaB +2
    Will: +4
    Bonus Feat
    +1 Manifesting level.

Class Skills
    Autohypnosis, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Profession, Psicraft
    Skill Points per Level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.

Class Features
    All MetaPsionicists gain the following class features.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
    Metapsionicists, despite not being affected by armor when manifesting, do not gain proficiency with any weapons or armor.

Improved Metapsionics
    When using a metapsionic feat, you reduce the bonus power point cost by 2 (with a minimum of 1 extra power point spent when using a metapsionic feat).

Bonus Feat
    Every MetaPsionicist level you gain gives you a bonus feat. This feat must be a psionic feat or a metapsionic feat.
    Sweet Kobold from Vault 13 by ThePrez1776 !

"If the powers that be are angry, give them a weapon."

Homebrew:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: Meta-Psionicist Prestige Class (PEACH)

Right now, while this might be a balanced 5 level prestige class, it's really boring. If I've gotten to 12th level, especially as a Psion, I probably don't desperately need 4 more metapsionic feats. Instead, if I've focused that much in metapsionic feats already, I'm looking to bypass some of the limitations of them if I'm taking a PRC like this. If it were up to me, I'd experiment with making this a 3/5 (or maybe 6/8) manifesting class in return for things like being able to progress save DCs with PP spent in metapsionic feats, being able to use multiple metapsionic feats on the same power, and maybe access to Metapsionic-like abilities that no other class can access.
    http://superrunner2003.wordpress.com/ - A blog of my personal Pathfinder homebrew material

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

4/5 manifesting, 5 for 5 bonus feats, and the strongest class ability at 1st level... there is almost no reason for a psion to not take this class (the exception being if they've already lost manifesting to other dips). I recommend the following:

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Manifesting
    1 +0 +0 +0 +1 Improved Metapsionics
    2 +1 +1 +1 +1 Bonus Feat +1 level of existing class
    3 +1 +1 +1 +2 Metapsionic Boost +1 level of existing class
    4 +2 +1 +1 +2 Bonus Feat +1 level of existing class
    5 +2 +2 +2 +3 Greater Metapsionics, Metapsionic Mastery +1 level of existing class
    Improved Metapsionics: When using a power affected by a metapsionic feat, a Metapsionicist of 1st level or higher reduces the power point cost adjustment by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

Bonus Feat: At 2nd and 4th level, a Metapsionicist chooses a metapsionic feat that they meet the prerequisites for and gains it as a bonus feat. Alternately, they may choose a metamagic feat and learn its metapsionic equivalent (see Converting Metamagic to Metapsionics, below).

Metapsionic Boost: When a Metapsionicist of 3rd level or higher manifests a power affected by a metapsionic feat, they treat that power as being one level higher for the purpose of saving throw DCs and other power level-dependent things for every full three additional power points in the metapsionic feat's power point cost adjustment (for example, and Extended power is not treated as a higher level than normal, while a Quickened power is treated as two levels higher than normal). Calculate the effective level increase before applying any power point cost reductions such as from the Improved Metapsionics ability.

Greater Metapsionics: A 5th level Metapsionicist reduces the power point cost adjustment for metapsionic feat by an additional 1, for a total reduction of 2 points (minimum 1).

Metapsionic Mastery: At 5th level, the use of metapsionics becomes second nature to a Metapsionicist. They no longer expend their psionic focus when manifesting powers with a (pre-reduction) power point cost adjustment of 2 or less.

Spoiler: Sidebar: Converting Metamagic to Metapsionics
    Show
    To convert a metamagic feat to a metapsionic feat, do the following:
    • Replace all prerequisites that require a certain number of metamagic feats with prerequisites that require the same number of metapsionic feats (for example, Repeat Power, the metapsionic version of Repeat Spell, would require any one metapsionic feat).
    • Replace all caster level requirements with manifester level requirements (for example, City Power, the metapsionic version of City Spell, would require manifester level 3rd).
    • Replace all prerequisites that require specific metamagic feats with prerequisites that require the metapsionic version of those feats (for example, Persistent Power, the metapsionic version of Persistent Spell, would require Extend Power).
    • Calculate the power point cost adjustment by doubling the spell level adjustment (for example, Persistent Power, the metapsionic version of Persistent Spell, would increase the power point cost by (6*2)= 12 power points). Metapsionic versions of spells that do not increase the spell's level only require the expenditure of the manifester's psionic focus.

This seems a bit too strong, though... maybe add manifesting progression at 1st level, but remove it at 2nd and 4th, for 3/5 manifesting?
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2014-10-22 at 01:07 PM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Spoiler: Quote by: Extra Anchovies
    Show
    4/5 manifesting, 5 for 5 bonus feats, and the strongest class ability at 1st level... there is almost no reason for a psion to not take this class (the exception being if they've already lost manifesting to other dips). I recommend the following:

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Manifesting
    1 +0 +0 +0 +1 Improved Metapsionics
    2 +1 +1 +1 +1 Bonus Feat +1 level of existing class
    3 +1 +1 +1 +2 Metapsionic Boost +1 level of existing class
    4 +2 +1 +1 +2 Bonus Feat +1 level of existing class
    5 +2 +2 +2 +3 Greater Metapsionics, Metapsionic Mastery +1 level of existing class
    Improved Metapsionics: When using a power affected by a metapsionic feat, a Metapsionicist of 1st level or higher reduces the power point cost adjustment by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

Bonus Feat: At 2nd and 4th level, a Metapsionicist chooses a metapsionic feat that they meet the prerequisites for and gains it as a bonus feat. Alternately, they may choose a metamagic feat and learn its metapsionic equivalent (see Converting Metamagic to Metapsionics, below).

Metapsionic Boost: When a Metapsionicist of 3rd level or higher manifests a power affected by a metapsionic feat, they treat that power as being one level higher for the purpose of saving throw DCs and other power level-dependent things for every full three additional power points in the metapsionic feat's power point cost adjustment (for example, and Extended power is not treated as a higher level than normal, while a Quickened power is treated as two levels higher than normal). Calculate the effective level increase before applying any power point cost reductions such as from the Improved Metapsionics ability.

Greater Metapsionics: A 5th level Metapsionicist reduces the power point cost adjustment for metapsionic feat by an additional 1, for a total reduction of 2 points (minimum 1).

Metapsionic Mastery: At 5th level, the use of metapsionics becomes second nature to a Metapsionicist. They no longer expend their psionic focus when manifesting powers with a (pre-reduction) power point cost adjustment of 2 or less.

Spoiler: Sidebar: Converting Metamagic to Metapsionics
    Show
    To convert a metamagic feat to a metapsionic feat, do the following:
    • Replace all prerequisites that require a certain number of metamagic feats with prerequisites that require the same number of metapsionic feats (for example, Repeat Power, the metapsionic version of Repeat Spell, would require any one metapsionic feat).
    • Replace all caster level requirements with manifester level requirements (for example, City Power, the metapsionic version of City Spell, would require manifester level 3rd).
    • Replace all prerequisites that require specific metamagic feats with prerequisites that require the metapsionic version of those feats (for example, Persistent Power, the metapsionic version of Persistent Spell, would require Extend Power).
    • Calculate the power point cost adjustment by doubling the spell level adjustment (for example, Persistent Power, the metapsionic version of Persistent Spell, would increase the power point cost by (6*2)= 12 power points). Metapsionic versions of spells that do not increase the spell's level only require the expenditure of the manifester's psionic focus.

This seems a bit too strong, though... maybe add manifesting progression at 1st level, but remove it at 2nd and 4th, for 3/5 manifesting?
    ...... I Like this. Thanks!
    *takes class and runs*
    Last edited by Ralcos; 2014-10-22 at 04:09 PM.
    Sweet Kobold from Vault 13 by ThePrez1776 !

"If the powers that be are angry, give them a weapon."

Homebrew: