New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering XX: KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boci View Post
    Yeah, magic onion is seeming pretty likely.
    That's a bit of an understatement considering the article in question is "Entire Khans block banned in Modern and Legacy."
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    That's a bit of an understatement considering the article in question is "Entire Khans block banned in Modern and Legacy."
    I have no idea how MtG's business model works. For all I know banning a block from Modern or Legacy would have a negligible impact on their sales and could even increase them, if say, the casual market makes up 90% of their revenue. I didn't give it much thought. |It was the language of the article that tipped me off (well, that and the idea that delve would be given to Emrakul).
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

I have no idea how MtG's business model works. For all I know banning a block from Modern or Legacy would have a negligible impact on their sales and could even increase them, if say, the casual market makes up 90% of their revenue. I didn't give it much thought. |It was the language of the article that tipped me off (well, that and the idea that delve would be given to Emrakul).
    The sales have nothing to do with it. There would be no way an entire block would be banned. That many cards cannot be that good. That would be a few hundred cards banned, including the ones that are only decent. Also, it says Mark Rosewater has a vision...
    I quote:
    "THIS DOESN’T SURPRISE ME IN THE LEAST,” said a notably composed Mark Rosewater. “THE MORNING WE STARTED DEVELOPING KHANS, I SLIPPED IN THE SHOWER AND HAD A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE. SO, I ALREADY KNEW IT WAS GOING TO GET BANNED BEFORE IT WAS EVEN CREATED."
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    The sales have nothing to do with it. There would be no way an entire block would be banned.
    Shrug, good tat you know that, I didn't. I only got into magic in the Return to Ravnica block and I never payed tournaments much attention, certainly not deliberately. For all I knew this wasn't the first time WotC had banned an entire block.

Also, it says Mark Rosewater has a vision...
    I quote:
    "THIS DOESN’T SURPRISE ME IN THE LEAST,” said a notably composed Mark Rosewater. “THE MORNING WE STARTED DEVELOPING KHANS, I SLIPPED IN THE SHOWER AND HAD A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE. SO, I ALREADY KNEW IT WAS GOING TO GET BANNED BEFORE IT WAS EVEN CREATED."
    I know. Hence why I said it was the wording of the article that tipped me off, not the premise of a banned bloc.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

So, my Pack To Power project is going well so far. Sold the foil treasure cruise for $19, and am debating what to buy that would act as good trade fodder, but retain its value. I'm not really interested in Standard legal things. I could probably get something worth $25-$28 on Ebay, especially if I did more incremental things.

Anybody have any advice?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I know. Hence why I said it was the wording of the article that tipped me off, not the premise of a banned bloc.
    The most broken sets in Magic aren't totally banned, so banning the whole set that made like 2 cards that affected legacy is an entirely daft premise.

Just to double up the fakeness of the Emrakul card, while we are going back it time we are only going back to about the time of Ugin's death. This will have happened at least a little while after Ugin, Sorin and Nahiri sealed the Eldrazi on Zendikar and thus Emrakul can not be floating around Zendikar.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Also, it says Mark Rosewater has a vision...
    I quote:
    This only adds to the legitimacy of the article.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    The most broken sets in Magic aren't totally banned, so banning the whole set that made like 2 cards that affected legacy is an entirely daft premise.
    I know, you are only the third person to tell me this. I'm not doubting you, I was just saying it isn't obvious to someone who has never payed much attention to tournaments.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

so, i designed a budget modern deck that i want to buy (that my friends would never verse, but it's for fnm). and i'm having some issues with it, specifically it's speed

it's meant to pull of a specific combo (liquimetal coating + splinter), which can be hard cast by turn four. however, playtesting it for a bit, i'm lucky to pull it off by turn 10

would anyone know of something like cheap (mana and money-wise) green card draw, or green tutors?

or any way that i could pick out the two parts of the combo faster, while staying mono-green, and preferably under 20-30 dollars
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Somensjev View Post
    so, i designed a budget modern deck that i want to buy (that my friends would never verse, but it's for fnm). and i'm having some issues with it, specifically it's speed

it's meant to pull of a specific combo (liquimetal coating + splinter), which can be hard cast by turn four. however, playtesting it for a bit, i'm lucky to pull it off by turn 10

would anyone know of something like cheap (mana and money-wise) green card draw, or green tutors?

or any way that i could pick out the two parts of the combo faster, while staying mono-green, and preferably under 20-30 dollars
    Ancient Stirrings would probably help.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

i've actually made the deck considerably faster (and more expensive) since i posted that.

it can now consistently keep my opponent (nearly)/landless at almost all times

i'll order all the cards i need at some point, and see how it fares at FNM
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2014-11-12 at 07:08 AM.

extended signature

12. - Top - End - #222
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Somensjev View Post
    i've actually made the deck considerably faster (and more expensive) since i posted that.

it can now consistently keep my opponent (nearly)/landless at almost all times

i'll order all the cards i need at some point, and see how it fares at FNM
    Care to share the new list, that seems dubious so I'm wondering how you pulled it off.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanJRC View Post
    Care to share the new list, that seems dubious so I'm wondering how you pulled it off.
    i'm continually updating the deck that the link is sending you to, so if you click it, it'll have all the latest changes, and you can playtest it

but if you don't want to go to that site

between turns 3 and 6, i start destroying lands, at a rate of 1-2 per turn
    after turn 7-ish, i can destroy three or more lands per turn

as far as i can tell, i've got around a 60-80% chance of keeping my opponent at 3 lands or less, assuming they play one every turn

of course, the deck still has issues, but no more issues than any other deck, so i think it's fine for now

edit: some random information i've found from playtesting
    Spoiler
    Show

the first chance i can splinter some one, is, i believe, 4th turn, it may however be third. the reason i use splinter in this deck is because of an interesting interaction between it and liquimetal coating
    Spoiler: explanation
    Show

liquimetal coating = Tap: target permanent becomes an artifact until end of turn
    splinter = exile target artifact. Search its controller's graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with the same name as that artifact and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

this means, that you turn something into an artifact, let's say, a swamp. then you exile that swamp, and every card in their hand, deck, and grave named "swamp"

a mono-coloured deck, having all but 2-3 of their respective basic lands exiled, is nearly an instant game-over in most cases

the first chance i can destroy a land is 3rd turn, this method required two cards working together, howerer there's 2 different ways to achieve it. one gives me a defender, the other let's me scry two, this makes the splinter combination more likely to occur

further edit: if the game manages to get past the 7-8 turn mark, i can usually start either destroying ridiculous amounts of non-land permanents, or summon up a swarm of hornet tokens

edit: the only certain problem i see with it, is that it has no way around removal/conters
    Last edited by Somensjev; 2014-11-12 at 09:41 AM.

extended signature

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Your main combo is with splinter and you are only running 2. This seems like you aren't going to get your combo off very often.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Your main combo is with splinter and you are only running 2. This seems like you aren't going to get your combo off very often.
    originally it was centred around splinter, but the deck wasn't quite working out properly in playtests, so i messed around with the numbers of certain cards until i found something i was happy with
    the deck is no longer centred around splinter, but seeing it cast is always a plus.

since the deck now has a total 18 cards that destroy lands, i figured i wouldn't need as many splinters, as casting multiples of it

however, i'm going to test it at different amounts of liquimetals and splinters, and see which ones playtest the best

extended signature

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

So, I've been talking to Sjlver lately. We've made the next set.

BIPRWB of OIBUWE

This set features 4 color "splotches." Each of these splotches is designed for fighting the color omitted. For example, the Blue Green White Red splotch, Blark, has creatures that have protection from creatures with Fear, Intimidation, and Deathtouch.

So, we also made up a new mechanic to go with this set. Playing 4 colors is hard, so we thought we'd make it easier. Also, we are dissatisfied with Morph. We felt that cards with morph weren't really worth it, and cards that revealed morphs were not really worth it. So we made a new mechanic: Rifts.

You put a card in an unstable time rift that is a 2/2 token. The card may be played (at instant speed), at it's CMC.

How is this different? Rift wouldn't be a creature ability. It would be a part of a sorcery or instant. Now, this has present a few problem. It was originally creatures, but you would have to make sure the thing is a creature, but to do so, you would have to reveal it. To avoid play errors and tomfoolery, we just made it any card.

Example card:

Temporal Wedge {B/U} {G/R}
    Sorcery

Suspend 3

Return target permanent to its owner's hand.

Rift (Places a 2/2 Rift creature token onto the field with "{X}, Sacrifice this Rift: Play imprinted card, where X is the imprinted card's converted mana cost," then imprint a card onto it by exiling the card from your hand face down. You make look at the imprinted card.")
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2014-11-12 at 11:34 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

How effective would it be to make a Commander deck focused on a combination of a bunch of slivers and tons of changelings, and led by Korona, False God?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Not as effective as an identical deck led by Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Overlord, or Reaper King instead.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Not as effective as an identical deck led by Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Overlord, or Reaper King instead.
    Really? The whole point of the deck is that your changelings benefit from Korona every turn (no matter what subtypes your opponents choose) whereas your opponents' creatures only benefit on their own turns. Sliver Hivelord and Sliver Overlord would both be included in the deck, of course, but I see no reason for Reaper King to be used at all...
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

What about Sliver Legion?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    but I see no reason for Reaper King to be used at all...
    if you are running mainly changeling then reaper king turns a very large portion of your deck into vindicates with bodies attached.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

if you are running mainly changeling then reaper king turns a very large portion of your deck into vindicates with bodies attached.
    And if your opponents' permanents all have hexproof, you have to destroy one of your own.

Still, I suppose it's a good enough choice for inclusion.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

23. - Top - End - #233

So I am looking at playing Jeskai Combo on friday, probably the Nissa-less build from the PT. I like the satyrs.

Anyone playing the deck at the moment?
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

24. - Top - End - #234
    Colossus in the Playground

In this post, I reach for straws in ways to make a couple of cards even marginally useful.

First off, we have Meandering Towershell, which is a rare with 5/9 with islandwalk, but has the "benefit" of exiling itself when it attacks, only to return later, on your NEXT turn to enter the battlefield tapped and attacking. The flavor is interesting (it's so slow it takes forever to get there), but the timing of the exile and return seem to render it just plain bad, since you're still paying enough mana that 5/9 is only marginally better than "good."

So far, the only use I've been able to come up with is potentially the Kheru Lich Lord, which lets you spend 2B to randomly return a creature from your graveyard. The Lich Lord give said creature flying, trample, and haste, but exiles it if it leaves the battlefield for any reason and at the end of the turn. With the Towershell, you could use the Haste to attack immediately, and then its own exile effect would not conflict with the Lich Lord's, but would still return it next turn.

However, not only is the Lich Lord random in what it brings back, but the Towershell's return is a turn later, so even if exiling and returning didn't strip off all effects not printed on the card itself, the trample and flying would have expired. I'm not sure that combo is anything more than an amusing notion.

Maybe it's useful because it makes hitting it with negative effects not that great? Nothing would stick through its self-exile. But you can't use it to save it from destruction, because it's only when it attacks, so even that's kinda meh.

The other one is Embodiment of Spring. On the one hand, it's a U for a 0/3, and in theory the 1G(T)+sacrifice is both mana ramp and color-fixing. However, it's color-fixing where you've already had to provide two different colors, and it takes at least two turns of waiting. It is deck-thinning, a little...but the Burnished Hart is almost as good and exchanges having one more mana cost for having no color requirements. Is there reason to play this over, say, a Sylvan Caryatid? Or even a Voyaging Satyr or a Kiora's Follower?

The one "trick" I have thought of with this one would be to combine it with Athreos, and there are obvious problems with that (not the least of which being that Athreos costs two more colors). But at least that would make sacrificing it either cost your opponent 3 life, or put it back into your hand for re-use in land fetching. Still, the Burnished Hart does the same.

How would you guys make these cards useful? Can they be made useful? Embodiment at least has the excuse of being Common, so it's allowed to be a little on the weak side. But the Towershell is Rare!

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Lea Plath View Post
    So I am looking at playing Jeskai Combo on friday, probably the Nissa-less build from the PT. I like the satyrs.

Anyone playing the deck at the moment?
    Played it for a few weeks, honestly it's pretty bad. It folds to interaction and takes forever to get going, but if you think you've got it solved then go ahead and try it. Of note is Ivan Jen's version from Star City Oakland, a heroic aggro deck with an infinite combo available. It's got a better game plan but it's still not very robust and it plays different. My recommendation if you like the Caryatid version is to trim down on Commune With The Gods in favor of your other dig spells, you end up pitching combo pieces too often so it's a one step forward two steps back kinda deal. Also, Tormod's Crypt is good as a one of for your artifact and the rest should probably be Briber's purses.

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    In this post, I reach for straws in ways to make a couple of cards even marginally useful.

First off, we have Meandering Towershell, which is a rare with 5/9 with islandwalk, but has the "benefit" of exiling itself when it attacks, only to return later, on your NEXT turn to enter the battlefield tapped and attacking. The flavor is interesting (it's so slow it takes forever to get there), but the timing of the exile and return seem to render it just plain bad, since you're still paying enough mana that 5/9 is only marginally better than "good."

So far, the only use I've been able to come up with is potentially the Kheru Lich Lord, which lets you spend 2B to randomly return a creature from your graveyard. The Lich Lord give said creature flying, trample, and haste, but exiles it if it leaves the battlefield for any reason and at the end of the turn. With the Towershell, you could use the Haste to attack immediately, and then its own exile effect would not conflict with the Lich Lord's, but would still return it next turn.

However, not only is the Lich Lord random in what it brings back, but the Towershell's return is a turn later, so even if exiling and returning didn't strip off all effects not printed on the card itself, the trample and flying would have expired. I'm not sure that combo is anything more than an amusing notion.

Maybe it's useful because it makes hitting it with negative effects not that great? Nothing would stick through its self-exile. But you can't use it to save it from destruction, because it's only when it attacks, so even that's kinda meh.

The other one is Embodiment of Spring. On the one hand, it's a U for a 0/3, and in theory the 1G(T)+sacrifice is both mana ramp and color-fixing. However, it's color-fixing where you've already had to provide two different colors, and it takes at least two turns of waiting. It is deck-thinning, a little...but the Burnished Hart is almost as good and exchanges having one more mana cost for having no color requirements. Is there reason to play this over, say, a Sylvan Caryatid? Or even a Voyaging Satyr or a Kiora's Follower?

The one "trick" I have thought of with this one would be to combine it with Athreos, and there are obvious problems with that (not the least of which being that Athreos costs two more colors). But at least that would make sacrificing it either cost your opponent 3 life, or put it back into your hand for re-use in land fetching. Still, the Burnished Hart does the same.

How would you guys make these cards useful? Can they be made useful? Embodiment at least has the excuse of being Common, so it's allowed to be a little on the weak side. But the Towershell is Rare!
    Towershell is just bad, HOWEVER, if you are interested in using it anyway. Bearer of the Heavans dies, total wipe, Towershell meanders back in to kill them slowly and painfully.

Embodiment of Spring is intended for limited, however it is a great option if you care about lands more than mana, such as the Dictate of Karametra + Villainous Wealth control deck.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

So my friends and I put together a cube and it is pretty awesome. However I'm past the honeymoon phase and I'm looking for ways to improve it. The cube is for multiplayer, we originally put in some aggressive cards in case we wanted to try 1v1 some time but 3 weeks and 9-10 drafts later no one has even considered it so that needs to go. One major problem has been the absurd power of board wipes and clone effects. They shut down the game for creature decks and we've had as many as 3 blue control decks battling it out while 2 more green decks died in the background. So that's getting kicked down a notch. One thing I need some help with is low curve cards that matter. The Afro creatures are getting cut as well as some sweepers that previously rendered them irrelevant so I need to find some cards that are cast before turn 4 that matter in multiplayer.

Options so far seem to be:
    -Elves/Myr
    -etb triggers like blood seeker/essence warden
    -growing creatures like bloodhall ooze/quirion dryad
    -Utility creatures like spellshapers/advocates/guildmages/grand abolisher effects.

Tribal cards won't really work since it's a 465 card cube and we would need to devote too much space to make them work.

I'd like to hear any particular suggestions, though my budget is fairly low so unless someone in my group already has the card and it costs more than a dollar or two I probably won't get it. I'm confident that I can get plenty of good tier 2 cards for less than a dollar though.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by CantigThimble View Post
    So my friends and I put together a cube and it is pretty awesome. However I'm past the honeymoon phase and I'm looking for ways to improve it. The cube is for multiplayer, we originally put in some aggressive cards in case we wanted to try 1v1 some time but 3 weeks and 9-10 drafts later no one has even considered it so that needs to go. One major problem has been the absurd power of board wipes and clone effects. They shut down the game for creature decks and we've had as many as 3 blue control decks battling it out while 2 more green decks died in the background. So that's getting kicked down a notch. One thing I need some help with is low curve cards that matter. The Afro creatures are getting cut as well as some sweepers that previously rendered them irrelevant so I need to find some cards that are cast before turn 4 that matter in multiplayer.

Options so far seem to be:
    -Elves/Myr
    -etb triggers like blood seeker/essence warden
    -growing creatures like bloodhall ooze/quirion dryad
    -Utility creatures like spellshapers/advocates/guildmages/grand abolisher effects.

Tribal cards won't really work since it's a 465 card cube and we would need to devote too much space to make them work.

I'd like to hear any particular suggestions, though my budget is fairly low so unless someone in my group already has the card and it costs more than a dollar or two I probably won't get it. I'm confident that I can get plenty of good tier 2 cards for less than a dollar though.
    Some good options for creatures I've seen in the cube I play in have been the "magi of" (magus of the moat, magus of the moon, the arena, the disk, future, the library, and the vineyard for my playgroup), mother of runes, some of the specters (hypnotic and nightveil mostly), boggart ram-gang, zozu the punisher, eidolon of the great revel, hero of oxid ridge, orcish lumberjack, etched champion, and lodestone golem have all been good for limiting the ability of control decks or making non-control decks more viable. We play 1v1's, so maybe their playability will be a little worse for you, but those seem decent enough. Good equipment also really makes the creatures in our cube good. You probably aren't going to play with every sword, batterskull and jitte, but even things like runechanter's pike, lashwrithe, bonesplitter, whispersilk cloak, grafted wargear, fireshrieker, loxodon warhammer and all the other tier 2 ones can really beef up almost any deck that wins by turning guys sideways.

If you want your cube to be more diverse, maybe playing with some strange off-color effects wouldn't be that bad either. Adding restock and/or harmonize to green, mana tithe and sunlance to white, dark ritual to black is awesome, and really helps out a lot of archetypes.
    Former Owner of GiTP's fanciest Bloodbowl Team: The Fancy Lads
    The League's Self-Proclaimed Perennial Favorites and Season III Champions!
    Current Owner and Manager of Rampant Professionalism

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Really? The whole point of the deck is that your changelings benefit from Korona every turn (no matter what subtypes your opponents choose) whereas your opponents' creatures only benefit on their own turns. Sliver Hivelord and Sliver Overlord would both be included in the deck, of course, but I see no reason for Reaper King to be used at all...
    Sliver overlord is 7/7 compared to Karona's 3/3 (6/6 if you call Avatars as your creature type) for one less coloress mana. You do need 3 other slivers to make it break even in terms of the buff, but it has the upside of NOT GIVING THE OPPONENT YOUR COMMANDER, on their turns. Even then I tend to prefer the Sliver Hivelord anyways. An indestructible commander along with all your other creatures being indestructible can be quite obnoxious.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

I got blue and red commander decks (planes walkers) as presents. I have yet to test them. However, when I scrap the decks, the blue planes walker is going into super friends when i make it.

Also, that blue command planes walker would be great as a super friend commander if it was not mono blue.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Sliver overlord is 7/7 compared to Karona's 3/3 (6/6 if you call Avatars as your creature type) for one less coloress mana. You do need 3 other slivers to make it break even in terms of the buff, but it has the upside of NOT GIVING THE OPPONENT YOUR COMMANDER, on their turns. Even then I tend to prefer the Sliver Hivelord anyways. An indestructible commander along with all your other creatures being indestructible can be quite obnoxious.
    Sliver Legion is probably the best sliver commander as it just tutors up a sliver to deal with the situation, and can combo with ameboid changeling to steal all your oppenents things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1