New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Naruto VIII: Longest. Day. EVER!

Well, since nobody else did, I guess I might as well.

This Thread is for discussing Masashi Kishimoto's ending manga "Naruto" and related media. The previous thread can be found here.
    (Does this need anymore? Do I need to say most of us are just still on board to see the Titanic hit the iceberg?)

Also, new chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not much happens but I actually like it. It looks like good action that's not just "my chakra is bigger than yours!". And they use old techniques, they use things we know about their powers, etc. (Naruto should have made a clone to gather sage chakra and then have Sasuke suck that up: Instant Sasuke statue. Yay!)

So, I guess somehow this will end with the two using that reconciliation sign thing... not sure how yet.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto VIII: Longest. Day. EVER!

Meh

It is almost over.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Is... is that the first one-handed Rasengan since the start of Shippuuden, or have I forgotten about previous forgettable uses of it?
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

yuk Re: Naruto VIII: Longest. Day. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Meh

It is almost over.
    I can see the excitement and disappointment at the ending what was once one of my favorite anime (which I just couldn't watch anymore in the middle of the great war), is at an all time high
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

The last line of this chapter was actually pretty good, to be honest.

6. - Top - End - #6

YAY! My thread title suggestion got used! Heh, im still looking forward to seeing how it finally gets wrapped up. Has there been any signs through dialogue that naruto might be getting through to sasuke? Has naruto finally just said, "To heck with it." And is going for the ko instead of a victory by talking his opponent into submission?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    YAY! My thread title suggestion got used! Heh, im still looking forward to seeing how it finally gets wrapped up. Has there been any signs through dialogue that naruto might be getting through to sasuke? Has naruto finally just said, "To heck with it." And is going for the ko instead of a victory by talking his opponent into submission?
    Not in the slightest. Sasuke is seconds away from killing Naruto with a basic Chidori. My guess is that Naruto will let himself get stabbed in the hand, fulfilling the "must hold hands" thing to unseal everyone from the Infinite Tsukyomi, and then since Sasuke's plans are now completely dashed by that, he'll just give up for no reason.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Not in the slightest. Sasuke is seconds away from killing Naruto with a basic Chidori. My guess is that Naruto will let himself get stabbed in the hand, fulfilling the "must hold hands" thing to unseal everyone from the Infinite Tsukyomi, and then since Sasuke's plans are now completely dashed by that, he'll just give up for no reason.
    Ah well then in that case im hoping for a total mind breakage "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" from Sasuke when he sees everything is ruined and he goes suicidal on naruto in an attempt to finish him off while he is down a hand. Only to be struck full force by a rasengan in narutos other hand.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

So would it not be awesome for Naruto to switch with the Kyubbi for Naruto is not willing to kill Sasuke but the Kyubbi has not such reservations.

10. - Top - End - #10

Could work, if Naruto still Had Yang Kurama inside him, but he Has the Yin half, and since Yin is the "Good Half", to drastically simplify the Yin-Yang dynamic, it'd be unlikely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Besides, Sasuke is confirmed to be in the Movie, which has been confirmed to take place after this.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Could work, if Naruto still Had Yang Kurama inside him, but he Has the Yin half, and since Yin is the "Good Half", to drastically simplify the Yin-Yang dynamic, it'd be unlikely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Besides, Sasuke is confirmed to be in the Movie, which has been confirmed to take place after this.
    Has there been any actual confirmation of this?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Has there been any actual confirmation of this?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep. He's been announced to be in the movie. Can find everyone named here. Way to go people, way to ruin the ending of the manga.

13. - Top - End - #13

Spoiler
    Show
    Did anybody really not see it coming?

"Sasuke's going to live" is more obvious a Spoiler than "Naruto's father was the Fourth".

Besides, it's not like it's telling us why Sasuke lives.

He could find himself unwilling to go through with the killing blow and surrender, or something.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2014-10-23 at 06:22 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep. He's been announced to be in the movie. Can find everyone named here. Way to go people, way to ruin the ending of the manga.
    I meant is it confirmed that the movie is canon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did anybody really not see it coming?

"Sasuke's going to live" is more obvious a Spoiler than "Naruto's father was the Fourth".

Besides, it's not like it's telling us why Sasuke lives.

He could find himself unwilling to go through with the killing blow and surrender, or something.
    That's unlikely, that he's be unwilling after all this.

Anyway, as said, my question was about if the movie is canon or not.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

No idea, and I don't think it matters if it is honestly.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    No idea, and I don't think it matters if it is honestly.
    If the movie isn't canon it's not going to be the canon ending for the series.

Anyway, because I care, I looked it up. The last Naruto movie takes place two years after the previous movie, and requires that previous movie to be canon to exist. IT IS NOT CANON, and therefor this movie is not canon.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I just want to see the nine tails wham on Sasuke like the six tails did so for Nagato/Pain.

I thought Yin in chinese philosophy was the dark half, the half symbolizing female, the moon, and sometimes evil?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: MOVIE
    Show
    the movie's going to have ANOTHER timeskip after ANOTHER Sasuke/Naruto fight

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by CaDzilla View Post
    Spoiler: MOVIE
    Show
    the movie's going to have ANOTHER timeskip after ANOTHER Sasuke/Naruto fight
    The movie's also non canon so who cares.

20. - Top - End - #20

That's unlikely, that he's be unwilling after all this.

Anyway, as said, my question was about if the movie is canon or not.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Movie explicitly takes place after the series. Even if it's not cannon, they'd have to waste time explaining what happened for Sasuke to still be alive. Besides, if Kishi wrote all of the Part II filler, then it's really not that unlikly for this conversation to have happened.

"Hey, we're planning on doing a movie that takes place a couple of years after the Manga Ends. Does anybody important get killed off after this point here?"
    "I'm not killing Sasuke"

On Sasuke being unwilling to go through with it-Sasuke said to the Sage that he had to kill Naruto becuase Naruto is the closest thing he has to friend, and thus as long as Naruto lives, he's a moral influence on Sasuke.

In otherwords, Sasuke is trying to kill Naruto so that he can be free of morality.

Since Naruto is essentially Sasuke's morality Chain, it might be pretty difficult to actually go through with the killing blow.

The movie's also non canon so who cares.
    Link me to your Source. All the Wiki says is that it's being released 2 years after the last movie, Road to Ninja, and says nothing on it being related to that film at all.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2014-10-23 at 06:43 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Kishi can't retroactively declare the second-to-last film canon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

22. - Top - End - #22

Spoiler
    Show
    The Movie explicitly takes place after the series. Even if it's not cannon, they'd have to waste time explaining what happened for Sasuke to still be alive. Besides, if Kishi wrote all of the Part II filler, then it's really not that unlikly for this conversation to have happened.

"Hey, we're planning on doing a movie that takes place a couple of years after the Manga Ends. Does anybody important get killed off after this point here?"
    "I'm not killing Sasuke"

On Sasuke being unwilling to go through with it-Sasuke said to the Sage that he had to kill Naruto becuase Naruto is the closest thing he has to friend, and thus as long as Naruto lives, he's a moral influence on Sasuke.

In otherwords, Sasuke is trying to kill Naruto so that he can be free of morality.

Since Naruto is essentially Sasuke's morality Chain, it might be pretty difficult to actually go through with the killing blow.

Link me to your Source. All the Wiki says is that it's being released 2 years after the last movie, Road to Ninja, and says nothing on it being related to that film at all.
    Maybe I just missread, but I thought the movie took place two years after the previous one. That's my basis for it not being canon.

Additionally, if the movie IS canon...then Naruto is the worst series I've ever read. "If you want to have a conclusion to the series you have to watch this movie!"

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Kishi can't retroactively declare the second-to-last film canon?
    No, because it contradicts a lot of stuff that happens. It can't happen at the same time as the manga.

23. - Top - End - #23

Additionally, if the movie IS canon...then Naruto is the worst series I've ever read. "If you want to have a conclusion to the series you have to watch this movie!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...The movie explicitly takes place several years after the end of the series.

It's not "Watch to get to the conclusion" it's "Hey, here's an extra story that takes place after the conclusion!"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #24

Spoiler
    Show
    ...The movie explicitly takes place several years after the end of the series.

It's not "Watch to get to the conclusion" it's "Hey, here's an extra story that takes place after the conclusion!"
    Spoiler
    Show

What conclusion can there be if there is a story that happens afterward? If the movie IS canon, we know Sasuke lives, so the ending is likely going to be excessively unsatisfying. The entire world wants him dead right now, how could Naruto prevent him from being executed for his crimes? What is our conclusion actually going to be then, if there is another story?

What I mean is...if the movie takes place "after the end" then the end wasn't really the END, now was it?

25. - Top - End - #25

Spoiler
    Show

What conclusion can there be if there is a story that happens afterward? If the movie IS canon, we know Sasuke lives, so the ending is likely going to be excessively unsatisfying. The entire world wants him dead right now, how could Naruto prevent him from being executed for his crimes? What is our conclusion actually going to be then, if there is another story?

What I mean is...if the movie takes place "after the end" then the end wasn't really the END, now was it?
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...Naruto obviously doesn't want Sasuke Dead.

Naruto is friends with everybody, and literally the strongest Ninja alive, unless you count Sasuke's current bought of Cheating by boosting his Susanoo with the stolen chakra of the tailed beasts.

You gonna tll him no?

If it helps, a promotional image shows Sasuke wearing chains.

as to the "Story after the Story" thing, have you ever heard of Sequels?

If movie is canon, then Manga is first story, movie is sequel.

Not end of story, new story in same setting with same characters.

Logic, yes?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Naruto obviously doesn't want Sasuke Dead.

Naruto is friends with everybody, and literally the strongest Ninja alive, unless you count Sasuke's current bought of Cheating by boosting his Susanoo with the stolen chakra of the tailed beasts.

You gonna tll him no?

If it helps, a promotional image shows Sasuke wearing chains.

as to the "Story after the Story" thing, have you ever heard of Sequels?

If movie is canon, then Manga is first story, movie is sequel.

Not end of story, new story in same setting with same characters.

Logic, yes?
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm aware of sequels, but everyone seems to be acting as if this isn't a sequel, just a continuation. That's my issue, that we'll get a gimped ending to the manga so we HAVE to watch the movie. That's what I'm worried about.

And yes, I WOULD say no to Naruto. **** Sasuke, he's a monster.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Guys there is a difference between a stories end and its epilogue.

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show

I'm aware of sequels, but everyone seems to be acting as if this isn't a sequel, just a continuation. That's my issue, that we'll get a gimped ending to the manga so we HAVE to watch the movie. That's what I'm worried about.

And yes, I WOULD say no to Naruto. **** Sasuke, he's a monster.
    Spoiler
    Show

Let me rephrase that.

Do you really want to piss Naruto off by executing the person he inexplicably thinks of as his best friend?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #29

Spoiler
    Show

Let me rephrase that.

Do you really want to piss Naruto off by executing the person he inexplicably thinks of as his best friend?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, actually. Show the world how petty and childish our "hero" is. I'm secretly the next movie's villain mwahaha #this is a joke

Seriously though, I don't care what Naruto thinks. Sasuke should be killed.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, when and how exactly did Yin and Yang Kurama get switched? Was this because Kurama got ripped from Naruto to be put into the Gedo Mazo and the Fourth gave him his Kurama while I wasn't looking? Because I don't remember that happening. I am rather confused by the seemingly sudden switch.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries