New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto VIII: Longest. Day. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    You are intentionally exaggerating my claims to the point of the ludicrousness.

Using a forbidden technique for something trivial, especially a forbidden technique that only a hand full of people(not half the cast) can use safely, a technique that was made forbidden specifically because most people that try it end up severely hurting themselves, is setting a bad example.

A few years down the line, somebody might look back on Naruto's example, and decide that this other dangerous forbidden technique that they and maybe a handful of others can do safely but no one else can for their mundane problem.

and a few more years later, a third guy will see the Example of Naruto and the other guy, and use an other dangerous forbidden technique to solve his mundane problem.

fast foreword a few decades, and suddenly everybody is abusing Kinjutsu for the most trivial problems. At best everyone is lazy, at worst, people are killing themselves because they don't think through all of the risks associated with the Kinjutsu they're abusing.
    Such as what? What are these deadly stupid techniques you are talking about that some day in the future people are going to insist on using to do mundane chores with just because they saw naruto using shadow clones to do paperwork instead of seeing him throw thousands of clones at his enemy? Plus its not like the whole world isnt aware that naruto is a special case what with his 50 bazillion times the normal amount of chakra and a giant nine tailed demon sealed in his belly button. If they are stupid enough to try and copy the techniques a kage is using to do his job, then they are far too stupid to graduate from the academy in the first place and thus have no reason to ever even MEET naruto while he is using his clones in his office. There is no slippery slope here. There is no logical course of events that leads from naruto using shadow clones to do paperwork to ninja dying all around him because they think they can use kinjutsu to do common day things like their freaking kage can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    ...Excuse me for saying so, but that second idea sounds hilarious.
    I read a fanfic along those lines. It turns out the aburame clan HATES kakashi. They call him "Bug Zapper" Kakashi. And he taught that technique to sasuke for his chunin exam fight against shino. Shino was.... displeased.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Banned

The problem is the implication is that NAruto sin't there for his Son becuas eof his work as the Hokage, which is why his son pulled the prank on the day of an important meeting-0he wants his father's attention, no matter what.

what we're debating is why Naruto isn't using Shadow LCones to handle his paper work and stuff, and thus make time for his family.

The obvious answer is "because abusing a dangerous kinjutsu sets a horrible example, and as the Hokage NAruto is the ultimate role model for the young ninjas in the village. Also it sets the precedent that it's okay to use dangerous forbidden techniques for trivial mundane tasks."
    No, I think Naruto's still in a lose-lose situation. Both his job and his son require personal attention. Fobbing either off on a shadow clone would cause problems. That doesn't mean Naruto won't ever use shadow clones to help him with his job.

3. - Top - End - #273

An other thing-the Dumbasses that see Naruto using Shadow Clones to get out pf paperwork aren't going to be deterred by not knowing the technique.

They're going to try and learn shadow clones, and get them selves killed from the chakra exhaustion.
    See another problem here is that you say that as if it's a bad thing.

Also we've seen people get entirely drained of chakra and not die, so I think we can safely say it's not INSTANT death, so they'll learn not to be idiots. And for the record, I personally think that Naruto using his natural skills to use the shadow clones to get more work done makes him a BETTER role model. He's doing everything in his power to get things running as quickly and efficiently as possible. It's like saying that someone who is over working is a bad role model...in a sense they ARE, but you have to give them props for doing it for the right reason.

4. - Top - End - #274

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Such as what? What are these deadly stupid techniques you are talking about that some day in the future people are going to insist on using to do mundane chores with just because they saw naruto using shadow clones to do paperwork instead of seeing him throw thousands of clones at his enemy? Plus its not like the whole world isnt aware that naruto is a special case what with his 50 bazillion times the normal amount of chakra and a giant nine tailed demon sealed in his belly button. If they are stupid enough to try and copy the techniques a kage is using to do his job, then they are far too stupid to graduate from the academy in the first place and thus have no reason to ever even MEET naruto while he is using his clones in his office. There is no slippery slope here. There is no logical course of events that leads from naruto using shadow clones to do paperwork to ninja dying all around him because they think they can use kinjutsu to do common day things like their freaking kage can.
    Again, your exageraing my claim.

This isn't people dropping dead around him.'

This is decades later his example has slowly led people to think that Dangerous forbidden techniques, like say the other few hundred things on that big ass scroll, are okay to use to solve mundane problems instead of reserving them for emergency situations, as a result of one or two people following the precedent he set, and then a few others following the precedent they set, and so on and so on ad infinitum.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #275

Again, your exageraing my claim.

This isn't people dropping dead around him.'

This is decades later his example has slowly led people to think that Dangerous forbidden techniques, like say the other few hundred things on that big ass scroll, are okay to use to solve mundane problems instead of reserving them for emergency situations, as a result of one or two people following the precedent he set, and then a few others following the precedent they set, and so on and so on ad infinitum.
    The precedent is already set in this case. Naruto has spent his entire career abusing the ever loving heck out of shadow clones for just about everything that pops into his mind to do. This isnt a secret. Literally everyone that has ever heard of naruto knows he uses shadow clones like tenten uses ranged weaponry. The cat is already out of the bag. If anything, how he used them for fighting is WAY worse of a precedent because noone short of a kage could ever even DREAM of using shadow clones that profligately. Shadow clones are not designed to be used to swamp your enemy till he is buried under easily destroyed fists of fury.

His entire career is based around stupidly excessive amounts of power used inappropriately. Aside from shadow clones, which I believe is a b rank jutsu, does naruto even KNOW any techniques under A rank? Oh wait, henge. I dont think I have ever seen him use replacement, why waste a log when he has a perfectly punchable face to take the hit instead? No, 99% of the time its spam shadowclones, rasengans, summoning, rasenshurikens and sage modes and whatever other insanity you care to think of. Naruto thinks restraint is something you do to prisoners who somehow survived his massive jutsus of doom.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I repeat. Kage Bunshin isn't a kinjutsu. Unless you don't agree with the databook, which means you are wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Databook 1 - Kage Bunshin
    Shadow Clone Technique (影分身の術, Kage Bunshin no Jutsu)
    Ninjutsu, B-rank, Supplementary
    Users: Uzumaki Naruto, Hatake Kakashi, et al

A ninjutsu that creates a true copy of something. What makes it different from the normal "Clone Technique"* is that it creates a clone with substance, making them able to perform physical attacks. It's a high grade ninjutsu, allowing the clone to various techniques of the user. It used to be Naruto's worst skill, but nowadays it's his favourite by far. The way he uses it is also extraordinarily clever.

That shadow
    It changes into yet another real body!!

[picture of Naruto attacking Zabuza from behind]
    [picture of Naruto attacking Neji from the ground]
    ←↑By using the clone to attract the enemy's attention, the real body can appear from an unexpected place and launch an attack! This is the clever way the "Shadow Clone Technique" can be used.

*Clone Technique (分身の術, Bunshin no Jutsu)
    Quote Originally Posted by Databook 1 - Tajuu Kage Bunshin
    Multiple Shadow Clones Technique (多重影分身の術, Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu)
    Ninjutsu, A-rank, Supplementary
    Users: Uzumaki Naruto, Hatake Kakashi, et al

That shadow... wiping out the enemy by becoming a thousand warriors!!

[picture of the masses of clones Naruto summoned during his fight with Mizuki]
    [Naruto's clones starting their attack]
    ↑←Ever since he first used it to defeat Mizuki, the "Shadow Clone Technique" became one of Naruto's most frequently used ninjutsu.

A technique developed from the "Shadow Clone," a ninjutsu that creates clones with actual substance. Countless Shadow Clones... The exact number depends on the amount of chakra used, but in any case the amount of. chakra consumed is far too great. For this reason, no ninja below Hokage, save for a limited few, can use this technique without risking their life. For that reason, the Shodai Hokage sealed this technique inside the Scroll of Seals* as a forbidden move. The reason Naruto was able to learn this technique was his amazing stamina.

*Scroll of Seals (封印の書, Fuuin no Sho). The scroll Mizuki tricks Naruto into stealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Unless people just get significantly dumber in the intervening time, I don't exactly foresee many people killing themselves with forbidden techniques.

8. - Top - End - #278

So, apparently the manga ended? I don't read it, I just watch the anime, so now I'm wondering how much longer until it catches up. Currently, it's at
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naruto and the gang trying to pull the Tailed Beast chakra out of Obito
    . How much more stuff is there after this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    So, apparently the manga ended? I don't read it, I just watch the anime, so now I'm wondering how much longer until it catches up. Currently, it's at
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your at the end of the Ten Tails revival arc.

After that is the final arc and a 1 chapter epilog

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A lot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've got some fighting with Madara, then he gets ganked like a loser by Kaguya and we're force to watch them fight. Then we've got the fight with Sasuke and Naruto that has a looot of talking.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

then somebody further down the road decides to use some other dangerous forbidden technique to solve some other mundane problem.

It's a slippery slope.
    Bullcrap.

A tool is a tool is a tool is a tool is a tool.

Magic tools are no different; and tools CAN be fracking dangerous - which is why, y'know, things like chainsaws have licences to use. I THINK the Hokage, who is like the person that DECIDES on the distribution of said licences or equivilent, is quite capable of assaying whether or not it is "safe" to use a jutsu or not.

Besides, considering how MANY characters use Shadow Clone, the fact that it's forbidden is kinda ridiculous fifteen years after it was invented.

Yes, because people now use chainsaws to cut their bread, don't they?

Brecause that IS the arguement you're making Rater. A jutsu is NOT a sacred artefact that should not be sulled by mundane use, nor is it something that should be treated like those Narn swords you only draw that must shed blood before being put back. It is, at the end of the day, just another tool.

Anyone who has had the appropriate training SHOULD use that tool for whatever task it is a tool for. Yes, tools can be dangerous in the hands of the unskilled - but is not that li,e THE ENTIRE POINT of having a ninja academy and senseis and whatnot, to ensure that the ninja ARE appropriately trained. Hell, the complete opposite should be true - anyone who knows it should be especially be using Shadow Clones out of combat, because it's training, it keeps you in practice is a non-life-threatening scenario (where you, can, y'know judge your own limits) and relatively trivial to carry out and unlike many other ninja techniques, doesn't damage the surrouding countryside.

Once again, the only reason this isn't happening is because the author wants a certain result from his narrative and is rationalising around (or just ignoring) any established data that gets in the way of that goal.

Come to that, have we in fifteen years, actually seen or heard of anyone ACTUALLY dying from Chakra exhaustion? Or, more pertinently anyone actually even SUFFERING from chakra exhaustion resulting solely from the use of shadow clones?

Were I a betting Lich, I'd bet the first either was way over-cautious with it, or some muppet actually DID manage to off himself and it being in the forbidden scroll basically the same as the health and safetly warning on the Swedish chainsaw which read "do not attempt to stop teeth with fingers or genetalia." (Yes, that is a thing that happened in the real world. Yes, you should be frightened by that fact.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2014-11-07 at 01:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Come to that, have we in fifteen years, actually seen or heard of anyone ACTUALLY dying from Chakra exhaustion? Or, more pertinently anyone actually even SUFFERING from chakra exhaustion resulting solely from the use of shadow clones?

Were I a betting Lich, I'd bet the first either was way over-cautious with it, or some muppet actually DID manage to off himself and it being in the forbidden scroll basically the same as the health and safetly warning on the Swedish chainsaw which read "do not attempt to stop teeth with fingers or genetalia." (Yes, that is a thing that happened in the real world. Yes, you should be frightened by that fact.)
    Kakashi died of chakra exhaustion. Then again, he knew the risk and did it anyway to save the king.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

13. - Top - End - #283

...when did Kakashi die?

Anyway, the point is that Naruto, as a respectable leader type, has to set a good example.

That means not abusing forbidden techniques for trivial mundane reasons, and yes I'm disagreeing with the data book because if shadow clones weren't Kinjutsu, they wouldn't have been in the scroll full of Kinjutsu

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Kakashi died of chakra exhaustion. Then again, he knew the risk and did it anyway to save the king.
    But that wasn't a jutsu that just anyone could use. Unless they go pluck out some Sharingan eyes.

...hope Sakura keeps a tight watch over that kid...

...when did Kakashi die?

Anyway, the point is that Naruto, as a respectable leader type, has to set a good example.

That means not abusing forbidden techniques for trivial mundane reasons, and yes I'm disagreeing with the data book because if shadow clones weren't Kinjutsu, they wouldn't have been in the scroll full of Kinjutsu
    Pain invasion arc, he used Kamui to keep that missile from hitting Choji then he had a talk with his pops in some sort of purgatory.

edited to not be so douchey seeming*
    Last edited by Lurkmoar; 2014-11-07 at 01:38 PM.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

15. - Top - End - #285

...when did Kakashi die?

Naruto still abused the techniques for his entire career. There is nothing more inherently offensive about summoning two clones to help with paperwork than summoning 4000 clones to flood a battlefield. Neither use is what the technique was meant for, since its not a technique most can spam. I dont see you panicking over future generations looking at narutos abuse of shadow clones in combat and deciding that this somehow justifies them using skills they cant handle.

16. - Top - End - #286

using clones in combat is ot an abuse of the power-it's what the technique was invented for.

Thus, it's not abusing the technique.

creating a dosen clones to do his work for him is abusing it, and tells the kids that it's okay to abuse Kinjutsu to get out of doing work.

Not a problem unless the person doing it i a role model or something, in which case it's a huge problem.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #287

using clones in combat is ot an abuse of the power-it's what the technique was invented for.

Thus, it's not abusing the technique.

creating a dosen clones to do his work for him is abusing it, and tells the kids that it's okay to abuse Kinjutsu to get out of doing work.

Not a problem unless the person doing it i a role model or something, in which case it's a huge problem.
    Except he isnt getting out of the work, he is compressing how much time it takes him to do it all. Once he dispels the clone he gets all its memories. He is using his favorite technique yet again to do something it may or may not have been designed for. It takes too much chakra for anyone but naruto to use it the way he did, especially early on. THAT is an irresponsible abuse of the jutsu that might encourage others to give it a go. "Well, if NARUTO can create 5000 copies, so can I!" /proceeds to implode from the rush of chakra getting sucked out of his body. Meanwhile it seems like pretty much any chunin level ninja could manage to use 1-2 clones to help with paperwork without hurting anything, so there is no real problem with that other than your strange insistence that it will make future generations unwittingly suicidal.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

That's ridiculous. If anything, it's teaching the kids to work smart.

Besides, YOU were the one arguing a while back that Naruto had achieved his power all by his own hard work and that using multi-shadow clone to do so still counted as hard work and not a massively advantageous shortcut!

Even by your own metric, it's not getting out of doing work because he's still doing the freaking work!

It all sounds to me very much like the only argument with anything like substantiation in-universe is "but I can't use shadow clone to make my life easier, so no-one else should because I want everyone to be as miserable as me!" (And if people being a whiney jealous arse about other people having stuff they don't is a problem for Naruto, then maybe he should give those responsible a good solid kicking and reminds they're FREAKING NINJA and "fair" is not a word that should be used in their vocabulary, and if they are going to think like that, maybe they should have a change of profession!)

Work is not sacred. Contrary to some belief, is is not actually a holy thing that is a goal in and of itself, it's just Stuff That Needs Doing. In the end, so long as job actually GETS done, (and gets done PROPERLY and without risk, for example, to bystandes or something) who gives a frack HOW it is done or if it's done more quickly? I know if I knew shadow clone I would SPAM the hell out of it every single day (the same as I would if I had telekinesis or teleport1.) And like I spam the hell out of computers, printers, vehicles and every other device that does work.

(It's as stupid as the argument I've seen people make (often in fanfiction) that Sasuke's sharingan technique-copying is "stealing" or "cheating" (as if you can "cheat" at war!) and not "arguably the most powerful and useful tactical and strategic weapon available." And in a world where something passing common sense pervades, the Uchiha would have been going round copying every's one jutsus and adding to Konoha's village library (and probably teaching those jutsu to as many ninja as possible). I mean, frag, that power is broken enough that it made the later powers more ridiculous because it was entirely credible the Uchiha should have been as prominent as they were on the strength of that one power!)

1Aotrs Gate spells notwithstanding, which I do spam.

19. - Top - End - #289

...when did Kakashi die?

But then he's putting out a bad example by neglecting his family over work.

20. - Top - End - #290

Besides, YOU were the one arguing a while back that Naruto had achieved his power all by his own hard work and that using multi-shadow clone to do so still counted as hard work and not a massively advantageous shortcut!
    And the fact that multible people were arguing with me about it being a shortcut means that it's not too dificult to assume that someone will see him using clones to do his paper work and assume it's easier. The fact that it's actually him doing it is irrelelvent if it's percived as being easier

And again, the point isn't the shadow clones specifically, it's the fact that the clones are a forbidden technique, and it only takes one kid seeing him doing it and taking away the lesson "It's okay to abuse Kinjutsu to do all that boring crap I don't want to do" for the precedent to be set.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #291

And the fact that multible people were arguing with me about it being a shortcut means that it's not too dificult to assume that someone will see him using clones to do his paper work and assume it's easier. The fact that it's actually him doing it is irrelelvent if it's percived as being easier

And again, the point isn't the shadow clones specifically, it's the fact that the clones are a forbidden technique, and it only takes one kid seeing him doing it and taking away the lesson "It's okay to abuse Kinjutsu to do all that boring crap I don't want to do" for the precedent to be set.
    And if you can pull off the kinjutsu without hurting yourself and make it work for you then go right ahead! There is no reason not to. If his ninja are so stupid as to try and pull off high ranking techniques they arent ready for then they cant be trusted to carry out a mission more important than recapturing tora anyways. That doesnt even mention the fact that noone is going to be learning kinjutsu without official permission or oversight from a jounin or something. Naruto is an outlier. In other words, the only people capable of abusing kinjutsu are the ones that are CAPABLE of abusing those kinjutsu, so there is no need to worry about it anyways.

22. - Top - End - #292

Yo're forgetting the fact that Naruto is the leader of the village-that means if some kid observes him and gets the idea that it's okay to use Kinjutsu for mundane bulls***, and then hurts himself trying to earn kinjutsu because of that, since he was following Naruto's example, the kid who didn't know better getting hurt is on Naruto's head.

That's why very few smart people want to be in a visible position of authority-if someone gets hurt under your watch, it's your foualt becuase you should have known enough to prevent it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #293

Yo're forgetting the fact that Naruto is the leader of the village-that means if some kid observes him and gets the idea that it's okay to use Kinjutsu for mundane bulls***, and then hurts himself trying to earn kinjutsu because of that, since he was following Naruto's example, the kid who didn't know better getting hurt is on Naruto's head.

That's why very few smart people want to be in a visible position of authority-if someone gets hurt under your watch, it's your foualt becuase you should have known enough to prevent it.
    Well first off, I have to wonder where the kids teachers are, I have to wonder how the freaking heck he came up with creating a kinjutsu, since he wouldnt exactly be allowed to scan the scroll, and how he managed to pull off anything that was capable of hurting himself without enough training to know better than to try. Honestly, these hypotheticals are getting a bit silly. The ruler of the village is not under any sort of restriction to keep himself to the academy three at most out of fear that his ninja will sporadically transform into drooling morons who dont understand basic logic.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

That's ridiculous. If anything, it's teaching the kids to work smart.
    Solving your everyday problems with high-end magic isn't terribly smart, its wasteful like using a chainsaw to cut bread. If you can make the stuff oh cellphone level common where its common, nigh effortless, safe, and open to essentially everyone instead... but the ninja world is not such a place, much less any significant ninjutsu in it.

And that's not about any virtue of doing things "the right way" or whatever, but because if something was actually so convenient it would already be that common. That's just how economics works.

Instead ninja are rarities, as are more techniques we've seen then not. We've seen people get worn to exhaustion, like the Sasuke Retrival Arc way back in the day, and heck it took the whole damn war but even Naruto and Sasuke had a finite amount. Delete plot chakra and they "should" have been dead long before that. What happens if a sudden crisis comes up and your chakra tank is half empty already because you've been using it to handle paperwork via shadow clone all day. That's going to also happen a lot sooner for everyone not named Naruto. And even ignoring limits on MP most people in the series don't exactly have all that many spells in the spellbook, they're sorcerer or even warlocks not wizards. Most characters are defined by their specialized techniques.

So teaching "just use XYZ jutsu" thus not a smart lesson in general since in the end most people won't be able to follow up on it.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Banned

I think I would have preferred to leave things open ended instead of having a time skip to answer all of the shipping questions. I've seen several authors include this at the end of their works, and I've never found one to be really necessary or satisfying.

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I think I would have preferred to leave things open ended instead of having a time skip to answer all of the shipping questions. I've seen several authors include this at the end of their works, and I've never found one to be really necessary or satisfying.
    Would you include Harry Potter in there? Avatar the Last Airbender(comics wise and junk)?

I understand where you're coming from, but not sure if I fully agree. Though with Naruto I take your point, there was incredibly little to set up the ending ships. Temari and Shikamaru was more of a tease instead of actual romance, and I believe the most gratitude Sasuke ever showed to Sakura was when he went AWOL from the village.

The fact that Sakura remained so fixated on him afterwards didn't seem particularly healthy either.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Would you include Harry Potter in there? Avatar the Last Airbender(comics wise and junk)?
    Yes. The HP epilogue was pointless. The ATLA comics were a mess.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2014-11-07 at 04:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Wouldn't most of the issue with using shadow clones be about respect?

Think about it. He's trying to lead the villages into an era of peace and development. This means a lot of meetings, a lot of talking, and a ton of personal appearances. He can't start building poor opinions by having clones do that stuff, nor can he afford to insult any of the leaders, builders, planners, or ambassadors as they try to create an economy not based on ninja's killing the crap out of each other.

So while using them to do paperwork would be perfectly fine in small doses, I can't really Naruto pissing off everyone with the idea that they aren't worth his personal attention.

Does this make him a terrible father? No, he's obviously doing his best, but he took on a position of leadership in a time of great change. Remember, the villages were mostly making their money off of sending ninja's for all sorts of jobs. They need to keep teaching ninjutsu, but also need to push forwards into an era of peace and prosperity.

Clones for menial tasks like paperwork, and also to do some of the research he needs for his work is perfectly fine. But, there's people to meet, classes to look in on, subordinates to deal with, and orders to give out.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Plus its not like the whole world isnt aware that naruto is a special case what with his 50 bazillion times the normal amount of chakra and a giant nine tailed demon sealed in his belly button.
    This. "Naruto Uzumaki did it" does not necessarily equate to "I could do it," and if anyone thinks otherwise it's because they slept through their entire ninja education. Not to mention that, none-of-the-other-Shadow-Clone-users-being-random-shmoes aside, the fact that so many of them know it still means that making one or two clones must not be a forbidden thing to learn how to do. Otherwise you're implying that the Scroll of Sealing has been stolen a fair number of times previously and/or that almost every other "is/was supposed to be a role model" character in the series (including Hokages one through four) is an irresponsible rule-shirker for having taught that particular technique to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Clones for menial tasks like paperwork, and also to do some of the research he needs for his work is perfectly fine. But, there's people to meet, classes to look in on, subordinates to deal with, and orders to give out.
    For meeting with especially important people like dignitaries and other leaders that's a valid point, but it wouldn't take long for most of the Leaf Village to start taking "the Seventh Hokage is probably in a few places at once right now" for granted. Whether you're currently talking to the one that never goes poof is a pretty arbitrary distinction in day-to-day dealings and ninja are supposed to be practical people.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-11-07 at 06:41 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Its a lot better though still poses certain lead by example and waste of chakra issues.

But the real fun would be when reality truly ensues over someone questioning the legal validity of paperwork handled by clone.

I'm an evil evil evil person.