New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto VIII: Longest. Day. EVER!

Is the Time Braid fic related to the other Groundhog day fic with Naruto in it? I can't remember the name, I Just remember it became very, VERY involved, eventually Naruto pulls in Temari and Tsunade and Kurenai and Anko and Yugao and several other girls into it, eventually fusing them with the Kyuubis essence and gives them various foxlike attributes. I Just got to the point in Time Braid where Naruto confesses he's been living the same loop time and time again as well, and some of that particular scene resonate quite strongly with the other fic I'm thinking of.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Chuunin Exam Day, maybe? I only know of it because Time Braid mentions it as inspiration in an author's note on the first chapter, and then states that the two stories have very little in common beyond the time loop concept and being Naruto fanfics.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Chuunin Exam Day, maybe? I only know of it because Time Braid mentions it as inspiration in an author's note on the first chapter, and then states that the two stories have very little in common beyond the time loop concept and being Naruto fanfics.
    Yep, that's the one. I've realized as I've read further that Time Braid isn't some odd Crossover fic with Chunin Exam day, it just seems that way early on. Interesting fic thus far.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Yep, that's the one. I've realized as I've read further that Time Braid isn't some odd Crossover fic with Chunin Exam day, it just seems that way early on. Interesting fic thus far.
    Yeah, at first i thought they were linked, but its a different time looping naruto, (and a badass one too)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Ok, I've read the first 20 chapters or so of Chuunin Exam Day, and I'm giving up on it. The concept has potential, but the quality of writing is poor and most of the characters are caricatures. Time Braid is a much higher quality story in my opinion.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Ok, I've read the first 20 chapters or so of Chuunin Exam Day, and I'm giving up on it. The concept has potential, but the quality of writing is poor and most of the characters are caricatures. Time Braid is a much higher quality story in my opinion.
    Lionheart has issues, his biggest one being his obsession with making a story so overcomplicated that he loses track of it and abandons it. See Partially Kissed Hero as a prime example. Last time I checked, it had ultra competent and evil dumbledoore versus harry hermione and luna. At one point they become fairy creatures, turn the female staff of hogwarts into dryads, and send trawleny back in time to become the empress of cuba, ultra rich and creating a massive space program designed to magically terraform the moon and other planets. Oh, and dumbledoore is using the whole achilles treatment thing to make an army of unstoppable warriors. And there are three of him currently in existence.

Chunin exam day annoys me because he abandoned it right at the moment of resolution. It also has a lot of overcomplicated stuff, but what I DID like about it is the funny stuff like him deciding to master say, tailoring, and he becomes so skilled at it the daimyo finds out and commandeers him to make clothes for his family and friends, thus restarting the loop.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS.

MY PAIRING IS CANON, MY PAIRING IS CANON.

Plus... Kakashi, you troll, it's episode 101 all over again!

Can you imagine the unveiling with Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto just staring daggers at him?

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS.

MY PAIRING IS CANON, MY PAIRING IS CANON.

Plus... Kakashi, you troll, it's episode 101 all over again!

Can you imagine the unveiling with Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto just staring daggers at him?
    What are you talking about? Are you talking about the leeked pictures, becuase those might not be real.

Anyway
    Spoiler: Movie
    Show
    Kishi was the writer and character designer, so if Anime filler is canon because he wrote it, so is the movie.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah for those that haven't seen it yet and might be confused.... MAJOR FREAKING SPOILER (like an actual one, not your normal weaksauce ones)

There's circumstantial evidence for leak vs. fake too if you know the other major item of the day.

Spoiler: Be sure you know before clicking!
    Show

If you look at this picture then you can see at the top a silhouette of a child at the top of the announcement.

Compare to Naruto's son in the leak photos. Allow for vagaries of posing they are match.

10. - Top - End - #160

Spoiler: Leaked images discussion
    Show
    My problem is, these pictures of the kids look to be 5 or 6-ish, and the movie is supposed to take place 2 years after the War.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Show
    My problem is, these pictures of the kids look to be 5 or 6-ish, and the movie is supposed to take place 2 years after the War.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kishimoto could be doing the end in the manga and using the movie to dive into the time before it.

Besides, here's the movie trailer.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh wow I just died right there. This shall be my reward for sticking out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    We were told the movie will take place 2 years after, but not exactly how long the timespan featured throughout it will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Oh wow I just died right there. This shall be my reward for sticking out.

Spoiler
    Show
    We were told the movie will take place 2 years after, but not exactly how long the timespan featured throughout it will be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, there may be a timeskip epilogue for Naruto like they did for harry potter. Just because this will be the last fight of the manga doesnt mean this will be the last day in it.

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, there may be a timeskip epilogue for Naruto like they did for harry potter. Just because this will be the last fight of the manga doesnt mean this will be the last day in it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thye Trailer quite literall said that the movie takes place 2 years after Naruto and Sasuke fought for the last time.

With Sasuke's epiphany in the last chapter, even though he claims he might, it's unlikely that he's going to Fight Naruto again after this.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #165

Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing Gai-sensei in a wheel chair made me sad.

edit:

Spoiler
    Show
    If those pictures are Kishi cannon, particularly the first ones, that pairing actually makes me happy.
    Last edited by Lurkmoar; 2014-11-05 at 08:42 PM.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

LOL, Kishi is really going to milk this franchise. (potential spoilers for ch700)

Next generation, here we go!
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: I am going to regret saying this
    Show
    But naruto kinda looks attracted and doable after the time skip with the spoilered pict with different hair.

:(

So does this make me as perverted as Kakashi or Jiraiya?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Spoiler: I am going to regret saying this
    Show
    But naruto kinda looks attracted and doable after the time skip with the spoilered pict with different hair.

:(

So does this make me as perverted as Kakashi or Jiraiya?
    He kinda looks like Omoi, TBH.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

He kinda looks like Omoi, TBH.
    A white skin blonde hair blue eye omoi. If I recall omoi was supposed to have the same personality as naruto except he was more extreme with the thoughts everything will go wrong correct? The other members of his team were like sakura and the aloof I am better than everyone sasuke right?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    A white skin blonde hair blue eye omoi. If I recall omoi was supposed to have the same personality as naruto except he was more extreme with the thoughts everything will go wrong correct? The other members of his team were like sakura and the aloof I am better than everyone sasuke right?
    Yep, pretty much a gender/palette-swapped version of team 7. Then again, I guess every team template is essentially composed of Red Oni + Blue Oni + Kunoichi.

21. - Top - End - #171

Yep, pretty much a gender/palette-swapped version of team 7. Then again, I guess every team template is essentially composed of Red Oni + Blue Oni + Kunoichi.
    Like the "The Chick" trope, the kunoichi isn't nessesarily a literal kunoiich

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

So since the series is almost over, looking back why did Tobi get involved with Sasuke again? How did this further Tobi's plan? Was it for the lol hoping Sasuke will fight Naruto someday and Tobi wanted to help?

I ask for almost or so Sasuke and Tobi were hanging around for pretty much no reason besides Tobi promised Sasuke power. I ask for chapters 395 was the end of the Itachi vs Sasuke fight, 553 was when Sasuke killed white Zetsu, 575 is when Sasuke sees Itachi.

Why is Tobi giving Sasuke so much power without keeping him on some form of leash? Unless he has some form of goal for Sasuke why is he doing this?

Is there any "in story reason" Tobi is doing this and not the author doing this just so Sasuke will get stronger and have something to do until the final boss battle scene? How is Sasuke furthering the story again?

23. - Top - End - #173

He said as a potential potential replacement for Nagato-someone to synchronize with the Gedo Maze and, if inevitable, sacrifice to rez Madara(Implied)

He also served as a bargaining chip later on-Tobi essentially sold him to Kabuto in exchange for the Edo Tensei army and making the Zetsu stronger.

And there's the simple solution-"This is a kid with the exact same potent and malevolent chakra as my "Boss" and reincarnation is a thing in this universe.

Maybe I should keep an eye on him in case he turns out to be Madara reincarnated or something"

It's not said outright, but Tobi wasn't an idiot and has been known to lie through his teeth so what he said may not be the real reason.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

But he did not put an eye on him, in him if you want to do the pun but not on him.

Why didn't he not do some fancy cursed seal or something when he had Sasuke unconscious for days to implant his eyes. Literally he had no way to control Sasuke what so ever, he knew Sasuke would kill him at a moment's notice based off Sasuke trying to do so in the forest after Killer B. Sasuke also betrayed Orochimaru.

Tobi also was not trying to revive Madara, he would revive Madara if he had to, if he was unable to remove his curse seal that allowed him to become the ten tails jinchuuriki but Tobi rather be the ten tails jinchuuriki so he could make sure Rin was in the dream world.

If his goal was to sync Sasuke to Gedo Mazo (he told this to Zetsu in the forest where Sasuke tried to kill him) then EMS was not enough. You need an actual rinnegan to summon the Demonic Statue. Thus Tobi need to reacquire Nagato/Madara rinnegan but if he reacquired it he would want it himself. Or he would need to evolve Sasuke's EMS to a rinnegan like Madara did. The problem with that is if Sasuke was such a key player, why the hell was Sasuke allowed to just walk free?

My point is either Tobi did not need Sasuke so why is he bothering, or he needed Sasuke so why is he allow Sasuke so much freedom. If you are unable to square this circle then Tobi seems to be just bothering with Sasuke so Sasuke seems relevant to the story. Or Tobi is just bad at master plans which kind of makes sense for he could kidnap Naruto anytime as a baby.

25. - Top - End - #175

Tobi said lots of things.

Tobi is also a dirty liar.

As for Gedo Maze: Did Tobi know that you need Senju traits to evovle Eternal Mangekyo into Rinnegan? He certainly didn't know about the need for indra and Ashura's chakra.

He almost imediatly offered to transplant Itachi's eyes into Sasuke's head-which is how you get eternal mangekyo sharingan.

Personally, I was figuring he wanted him as a back up for something, but it didn't work out.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Leaked images
    Show
    If that is indeed true, it microscopically restores some of my faith in the series.

Be nicer if we get to see something in-between that shows us it happening, though, at some point.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

So since the series is almost over, looking back why did Tobi get involved with Sasuke again? How did this further Tobi's plan? Was it for the lol hoping Sasuke will fight Naruto someday and Tobi wanted to help?
    To Keep Sauske Relevant to the plot despite being a pathetic Loser who deserved to be cleaning toilets in the bathrooms of the world?

28. - Top - End - #178

PirateGuy

I don't know if this is still news, but a certain manga spreading panda has the last chapters online...

Link
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Chapter 699 & 700
    Show

699: Ehh nothing important. And its Hashirama prosthetics.

700: SHIP ALL THE SHIPS!

Best Girl Wins! Everybody Wins!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Spoiler: Chapter 699 & 700
    Show

699: Ehh nothing important. And its Hashirama prosthetics.

700: SHIP ALL THE SHIPS!

Best Girl Wins! Everybody Wins!
    This so much this. I think I'll need to read it a few times to get who everyone is, because I got lost.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)