New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVII: Warlords Gone Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    I've reached 100 and am sitting at 628 ilvl on my prot pally. I've almost unlocked the full Blackrock transmog set from the Dwarven Bunker/War Mill.
    What?! How?!

I've got the same ilvl. I have been running 3-4 heroics daily. I picked up my War Bunker as early as possible (basically the second I had 300 resources to afford the switch). All told I have gotten about 80 scraps. Enough for a single piece. And I have only seen the Shoulder and Belt thing for the transmog set, no Helm yet.

You must be like the luckiest guy around to nearly have the full thing already.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I joined the hundred club a few days ago, but haven't been doing much aside from Garrison tending, retro-mog gear farming, and finishing Spires of Arak's story since I've been dealing with home business stuff in the evening when it'd be good to LFD.

I finally passed 20 flunkies at the Garrison... whoever built that thing needs a serious lesson in how to design a minigame and UI. It's fun, but everything seems to work against itself resource wise. I'm trying to gather enough resources to get the town hall to level 3 since I wasted them on a Tier 2 trading post and follower Missions, and that isn't as easy as I'd like without a lumber mill.

Fortunately I have two followers with Scavenging now. I should be able to keep sending them on missions and keep getting 120 resources each time, as long as the right ones keep popping up. I'm also two cogs away from having my Engineering helm, which should be waiting in the workorder chest when I log in next.
    My Homebrew
    A Return to Exile, a homebrew campaign setting.
    Under Construction: Skills revamp for the Campaign Setting. I need to make a new index thread.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Norren View Post
    Well, I joined the hundred club a few days ago, but haven't been doing much aside from Garrison tending, retro-mog gear farming, and finishing Spires of Arak's story since I've been dealing with home business stuff in the evening when it'd be good to LFD.

I finally passed 20 flunkies at the Garrison... whoever built that thing needs a serious lesson in how to design a minigame and UI. It's fun, but everything seems to work against itself resource wise. I'm trying to gather enough resources to get the town hall to level 3 since I wasted them on a Tier 2 trading post and follower Missions, and that isn't as easy as I'd like without a lumber mill.

Fortunately I have two followers with Scavenging now. I should be able to keep sending them on missions and keep getting 120 resources each time, as long as the right ones keep popping up. I'm also two cogs away from having my Engineering helm, which should be waiting in the workorder chest when I log in next.
    Did you pop over to Ashram to grab the draenor treasure maps for the various zones?

Just hunting down all the treasures in Shadowmoon and a few of Gorgrond and Talador gave me well over 1000 resources. And a lot of assorted stuff (pets, gear with funny flavor text, vendor crap, some orc's dentures, etc).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #274

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Did you pop over to Ashram to grab the draenor treasure maps for the various zones?

Just hunting down all the treasures in Shadowmoon and a few of Gorgrond and Talador gave me well over 1000 resources. And a lot of assorted stuff (pets, gear with funny flavor text, vendor crap, some orc's dentures, etc).
    Not yet. I found quite a few in Frostfire and Gorgrond without the maps, but I'll give that a shot next I log in.
    My Homebrew
    A Return to Exile, a homebrew campaign setting.
    Under Construction: Skills revamp for the Campaign Setting. I need to make a new index thread.

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by Norren View Post
    Not yet. I found quite a few in Frostfire and Gorgrond without the maps, but I'll give that a shot next I log in.
    If you found even half of them without a map, hats off to you.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

I should probably pick up the maps too, but I'm worried it will ruin the fun of treasure-hunting.

In everyone's opinion, is reaching the treasure spots enough entertainment without the search?
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I think so. Some of them are actually rather challenging to work out, usually ones elevated that need to be dropped on from above or reached by jumping puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iunno, I'm pretty pleased with it. I hate Garrosh and Thrall is like one of the few reasonable Orc leaders.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's the thing, though. I also hate Garrosh, and wanted him to die. But I wanted him to suffer for everything he's done. His motivation for his entire character arc, from aspiring hero to despotic tyrant, has been a combination of racial pride and titanic daddy issues. Dying in Mak'Gora is basically a win for Garrosh, even if he loses - honorable death in single combat defending his ideals. I wanted his 'guilty' sentence in the War Crimes trial to be life imprisonment, so that he could grow old and weak and feeble instead of being executed by his enemies like a warrior should. Similarly, here I wanted him to, at the end of his life, realize he was wrong by having Grom see him fall in battle and reject him as unworthy for that failure. At the very least, I wanted to be the one to punch him out.

I didn't want Green Jesus to swoop in and take all the credit, even if the cutscene duel was very cool to watch. Thrall isn't terrible, but Vol'Jin and Lor'Themar are both his equal in terms of reasonableness - heck, even Gallywix has some interesting hidden depths in his leader short story - but with far less over-exposure. The whole point of Thrall giving up Warchief was to ease back on his responsibilities, but now in WoD he's doing everything a Warchief would anyways.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2014-11-20 at 12:13 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I think so. Some of them are actually rather challenging to work out, usually ones elevated that need to be dropped on from above or reached by jumping puzzle.
    ugh...you probably loved getting to Hypnocroak then..........
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

So. Leveling advice.
    Given that I've trying out alliance again, any classes seem like particularly good choices?
    I have 1-85 heirloom amour for cloth wearers, strength plate users, and caster mail users, and a few 1-85 heirloom weapons(str one hand, agility one hand, pvp one hand, caster staff, pvp caster staff, and an str two handed axe).

I also have the strength two hand Garry heirloom axe(heroic).

I had pondered trying a class with tank or healer options, to get into dungeons, but at least from leveling my warrior, it seems like the 70-85 range is rather rough(encountered a ton of trolls or very very bad players...), but I may also have just had bad luck(and I am trying a different server).
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

10. - Top - End - #280

I've had decent luck at all levels of play. A few bad experiences at any level, but hey.

I'd suggest Druid. Druid healz is soooo easy. Breeze through instances (and hence levels).

Leveling a Rogue is a lot of fun. Something satisfying about jumping out of shadows and ganking people.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #281
    Colossus in the Playground

Sounds to me like you can play pretty much whatever you want. Honestly, heirloom gear is nice and all, but its not THAT crucial to have a ton of it. So play any class that seems fun and blast him through dungeons. I have never had a problem grabbing dps slots in dungeon finder quickly so its all good.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #282

Heirloom gear really isn't necessary these days, especially with the streamlined leveling processes.
    I vote Druid as well. I'm totally not biased or anything. Seriously, their healing has been streamlined so very much that they just run so very smoothly now.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

13. - Top - End - #283

Ugh. So hotfix is live for Dungeons using Need before Greed instead of Personal loot. First two instances I see 4 pieces of gear I could use drop, only get one of the four because the other str dps character felt bad for me. Lost all of the bonus armor gear. I really hope this changes back soon. I'd rather loot and see nothing than see an item I could use go to somebody else.

They also hotfixed in a change to garrison missions, making low level missions more common. This was something badly needed for the people with 1 level 100 follower and a bunch of level 92-96s, but it seems rather than doing the sensible thing and making missions appear in correspondence with the levels of your followers, everyone just gets a ton of low level missions now.

Source: I have 12 level 100 followers, and all of the rest of mine range from 96 to 99. My entire tab is now filled with level 92 missions that I have no reason to run. I'm wasting tons of resources on them just to shuffle them out in hopes that something decent replaces them.

Why do we get hotfixes that break things? >_>

14. - Top - End - #284
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    What?! How?!

I've got the same ilvl. I have been running 3-4 heroics daily. I picked up my War Bunker as early as possible (basically the second I had 300 resources to afford the switch). All told I have gotten about 80 scraps. Enough for a single piece. And I have only seen the Shoulder and Belt thing for the transmog set, no Helm yet.

You must be like the luckiest guy around to nearly have the full thing already.
    I farmed Iron Horde mobs in Gorgrond (low level, and the drop rate is the same regardless of level) for about 8-10 hours total, at least. It might have been more, time kind of flies when you're in the zone constantly killing mobs. It took me a long time. I got lucky with the item drops in dungeons and got all three in five heroics. Here's my character page, showing off what I use for my ret set. Gurthalak looks much cooler with the set when it's showing the Fiery Weapon enchant transmog I put on it. Here's a picture I took of my character in my normal prot set:

Spoiler
    Show

Basically, the answer is that I went a little crazy with farming the scraps because I wanted the set so badly.
    Last edited by Vaynor; 2014-11-21 at 08:24 AM.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a pretty great set, easily the best of the four in my opinion.

TBH it's made me want to roll up a female orc. They look amazing in plate.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

The draenei horns poking out do look kind of silly, however.

On a separate note. I made my first crafted epic for myself today (tailored robe). It rolled the absolute best random stats it could have (multistrike and crit). I have briefly basked today on the fact that my mage is wearing a fancy dress made of one thousand maneating plants and two thousand catgirls (I kill Saberon to farm sumptuous furs).
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-11-21 at 12:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #287

Hit 100 today and went straight to proving grounds as a healer. One shot both bronze and silver but gold took like 20 tries (questimate, I didn't count at all heh) but eventually I got it. Now I just 11 item levels for the heroics!
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    It's a pretty great set, easily the best of the four in my opinion.

TBH it's made me want to roll up a female orc. They look amazing in plate.
    It is. The set is BoA I believe, so you can send it to any of your alts once you get it.

The draenei horns poking out do look kind of silly, however.

On a separate note. I made my first crafted epic for myself today (tailored robe). It rolled the absolute best random stats it could have (multistrike and crit). I have briefly basked today on the fact that my mage is wearing a fancy dress made of one thousand maneating plants and two thousand catgirls (I kill Saberon to farm sumptuous furs).
    Really? I think it makes the helm look a bit cooler actually. I think the helm is a bit oddly shaped but the horns counteract that fairly well.

I made my crafted epic a day or so ago and managed to sell it for 40k. I'll keep the next one for myself, but I think it's usually a good idea to sell the first one to make some money. I did the same thing back in MoP with the inscription off-hand 476 epics; I made one within 5 days of launch and sold it for 30k.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Hit 100 today and went straight to proving grounds as a healer. One shot both bronze and silver but gold took like 20 tries (questimate, I didn't count at all heh) but eventually I got it. Now I just 11 item levels for the heroics!
    I would have just waited to do it until you were the right ilvl for it in the first place, since you can't do it earlier either way and it would have made silver quite a lot easier.

Edit: It looks like the place I was farming scraps in was nerfed about a day ago, so it will be much harder to get than it was for me.
    Last edited by Vaynor; 2014-11-21 at 12:38 PM.
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    /veɪnoɚ/

19. - Top - End - #289

I would have just waited to do it until you were the right ilvl for it in the first place, since you can't do it earlier either way and it would have made silver quite a lot easier.
    Well, the point was too see how hard/easy it could be (and the silver was still rather easy) and the bragging rights as I managed to gold while undergeared! Though I assume the actually competent healers breezed through that as well.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:

20. - Top - End - #290

Well, the point was too see how hard/easy it could be (and the silver was still rather easy) and the bragging rights as I managed to gold while undergeared! Though I assume the actually competent healers breezed through that as well.
    Oh, never mind. I misread that and thought you said you were having trouble with Silver. Gold is definitely a significant difficulty jump up from Silver, so well done!
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    /veɪnoɚ/

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Really? I think it makes the helm look a bit cooler actually. I think the helm is a bit oddly shaped but the horns counteract that fairly well.

I made my crafted epic a day or so ago and managed to sell it for 40k. I'll keep the next one for myself, but I think it's usually a good idea to sell the first one to make some money. I did the same thing back in MoP with the inscription off-hand 476 epics; I made one within 5 days of launch and sold it for 30k.

Edit: It looks like the place I was farming scraps in was nerfed about a day ago, so it will be much harder to get than it was for me.
    Dunno. To me it gives the impression that the helm gets clipped.

As for the crafted epic. I considered selling, but then the stats landed perfectly where my spec wants them and I simply decided it was better to keep it.

The second one will be much faster to craft anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #292

Thank you!

Anyway, I haven't healed anything harder than a leveling dungeon in 2 years and never as a shaman, so that certainly taught me a lot about healing works these days. So tomorrow as I beging dungeon grindin I will hopefully have much more cnfidence than I usually do.

(Hoooly **** is chain heal so expensive though, in my succesful attempt I didn't cast it once!)

23. - Top - End - #293

Dunno. To me it gives the impression that the helm gets clipped.

As for the crafted epic. I considered selling, but then the stats landed perfectly where my spec wants them and I simply decided it was better to keep it.

The second one will be much faster to craft anyway.
    I just pretend that it's part of the helm.

I think I would have done the same if the stats were good, but I accidentally made the helm before I realized that Molten Core LFR automatically gives a 640 helm upon completion.

Thank you!

Anyway, I haven't healed anything harder than a leveling dungeon in 2 years and never as a shaman, so that certainly taught me a lot about healing works these days. So tomorrow as I beging dungeon grindin I will hopefully have much more cnfidence than I usually do.

(Hoooly **** is chain heal so expensive though, in my succesful attempt I didn't cast it once!)
    Shaman are having a lot of trouble with mana right now, it's quite unfortunate.
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    /veɪnoɚ/

24. - Top - End - #294

Just hit 96. Bout to go to the new zone.

Question about profit: I'm an Engineer/Miner. I thought the new pets would be a great way to make money, but I've been advertizing Mechanical Scorpid and Axebeak in chat and have only gotten joke offers (like 5g and 250g). Is Engineering just... not the way to make money?
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #295

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Just hit 96. Bout to go to the new zone.

Question about profit: I'm an Engineer/Miner. I thought the new pets would be a great way to make money, but I've been advertizing Mechanical Scorpid and Axebeak in chat and have only gotten joke offers (like 5g and 250g). Is Engineering just... not the way to make money?
    Things like that are very niche products. There are people out there who want them and will pay big bucks for them, but way fewer than would say, pay huge bucks for an end game crafted epic. Its best to just put it in the auction house and see what happens.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay for disconnecting 6 bosses into MC!

Seriously, don't run MC for a while. Entire raid groups seem to be getting kicked after 90-120 minutes. It's not fun =(
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Yay for disconnecting 6 bosses into MC!

Seriously, don't run MC for a while. Entire raid groups seem to be getting kicked after 90-120 minutes. It's not fun =(
    BAH! Its clearly meant to be speed blitzed! Time to get your guild in gear and slam on through that zone!

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Things like that are very niche products. There are people out there who want them and will pay big bucks for them, but way fewer than would say, pay huge bucks for an end game crafted epic. Its best to just put it in the auction house and see what happens.
    Boo.

I guess I'll stick with making cool things for me, like the head gear and Blingtron 5000 :)
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Boo.

I guess I'll stick with making cool things for me, like the head gear and Blingtron 5000 :)
    The gear/toys economy undergoes an inversion as the expansion ages. Early on, everyone wants gear, and will pay top dollar to get it. As people make the heroic threshold and then start raiding, however, the value of gear plummets and the market for toys rises. If you're really hyped about making $, stockpile your toys, and start listing them in 2+ months.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Why do we get hotfixes that break things? >_>
    Because the developers are short sighted sometimes.