New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XVII: Warlords Gone Wild

Speaking of queues...

Demerit of having toons in an old server (was full back when I started in BC): 1400 people in the queue on a Thursday around 4pm.

Damn.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Had some trouble with installing WoD I think (it didn't even use to fourth disc wtf) and when I log in I have absolutely massive lag. Like stand on top of khadgar for 2 minutes before he loads amount of lag.

I think I will focus on other things this weekend and play more next week...
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Got 96, have a lvl 2 mine, stables, and (will, once servers are back up) engineering buildings.

So far I'm loving the xpac. Story is quite good, garrison's are good (tho I can't see doing it on all 7 of my chars), and there's quite a bit to find from the rares and hidden treasures everywhere.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #184

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Got 96, have a lvl 2 mine, stables, and (will, once servers are back up) engineering buildings.

So far I'm loving the xpac. Story is quite good, garrison's are good (tho I can't see doing it on all 7 of my chars), and there's quite a bit to find from the rares and hidden treasures everywhere.
    Probably won't manage followers on more than 2 characters, but will totally level a garrison for all to get the level 3 Mine, Herb Garden, and Profession buildings.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

5. - Top - End - #185

Daaaaaaaaaamn 96? Is it way faster to level this xpac, or have you played nonstop?
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaamn 96? Is it way faster to level this xpac, or have you played nonstop?
    Bonus objectives. Especially in Gorgrond. They give 3-4 quests worth of xp each. And if you buy this, makes it even faster.

Edit: Only played about 10 hours or so and would be farther but theres too much to miss to rush thru it.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2014-11-14 at 01:21 PM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

servers don't seem to exist for me today, anyone else having this problem?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    servers don't seem to exist for me today, anyone else having this problem?
    They went down for maintenance at 5am pst (8am est). Are scheduled to come back up in 10 minutes, but it might get delayed again.

Edit: And in the spoiler is my day of leveling yesterday before finally falling asleep. Spoilered because it's kind of long.

Spoiler
    Show
    Really slow. Mentioned before I'm hanging out with a few friends for a few days, and between the three of us something is always slowing us down. Right at 3:30am shortly after WoD went live, my computer decided a Window's Update was absolutely necessary to do right that moment (I never even saw the "click this to postpone for four hours" thing). That was probably the most annoying part of the night. But besides that there was a lot of delay when profession items started dropping in SMV because we all had to run different directions and taking dramatically different amounts of time to handle that (like blacksmith and engineering take like 30 seconds each. Friend with tailoring and alchemy took like half an hour while two of us were sitting around going "are you done yet?").

Around 11am one friend had to break to run to school. He was not able to clear off anything due to a test he could not arrange to take early. So that was a 3 hour total break where I swapped over to my Paladin to try my hand at mining, only to find mining nodes are a lot rarer than I would like, and it is super annoying. I think I will be better off just leveling up all my toons for the free mine daily.

Then of course there were more general delays. "Oh look a rare over there!" "How do we get to it?" "I don't know, let's waste 20 minutes finding a way around to it!", or "Oh hey I have stuff finishing up at my garrison let's hearth back for a minute". "Hold on guys I got distracted by an herb/pet battle/fishing pool/shiny thing, wait for me to catch up before you start killing !@#$". Oh and a couple breaks for food (once to set up the smoker to make some chicken. Once to make some smoothies, and once to head over to burgerking late in the evening).

End result, I think I got something like 15 hours of playtime yesterday, and am still in the middle of Gorgrond at level 95.

On the bright side, after crashing at 1am last might, I got to sleep in until just half an hour ago. That was 10+ hours of sleep I really needed.

Edit: On the bright side, we didn't hit the majority of the problems others were complaining about. Around 6am-ish there was a big lag spike where things got kind of weird, I think that was the DDOS attack Blizz mentioned. Other than that we got booted a few times later in the day when Garrisons and the World Servers were being weird, but never more than 15 minutes or so, and since we're not on a high pop server, no multi hour queues to get back in.
    Last edited by Seerow; 2014-11-14 at 01:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Colossus in the Playground

Dangit, stinking WoW. This morning was my best chance of getting to play the freaking game, so of course it stays down till everyone in my time zone is home from school. All my servers are once again locked with long queues. Its like im back playing vanilla all over again when they estimated a tenth of the number of active accounts they ended up getting. Im down to trying to join random servers just to start a newbie character to kill some time but the server switch attempt keeps freezing up.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Dangit, stinking WoW. This morning was my best chance of getting to play the freaking game, so of course it stays down till everyone in my time zone is home from school. All my servers are once again locked with long queues. Its like im back playing vanilla all over again when they estimated a tenth of the number of active accounts they ended up getting. Im down to trying to join random servers just to start a newbie character to kill some time but the server switch attempt keeps freezing up.
    Do the switch, when it doesn't load cancel out again and log back into your account it'll default to the last server you selected and usually work then, or at least, that's what I've been having to do to switch servers.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

The crowds of people rushing into Draenor are giving me an excellent chance to hunt Pandaria rares(Zandalari one sin particular... Now if only I could get the Shado-Pan insignias to drop...).
    Planning to finish up Anglers and Shado-Pan before I head into Draenor on my mage, because... Well. I'm 2-3 days away from my kite ^w^.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

So I rolled up a rogue to play with one of my friends, but I have no clue on what spec to pick. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    So I rolled up a rogue to play with one of my friends, but I have no clue on what spec to pick. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
    Yes! My one and only is a rogue.

All specs are viable and fun. Combat for soloing multiple mobs. Ass for higher single target dps. Sub for party play and PvP.

For style points combat wins. Two swords ;)
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Assassination is okay if you plan on chain pulling to keep Slice and Dice up, that and Mutilate hits like a truck.

Edit : I think I may have discovered the cause of the "Shield SLam sucks at low levels thing"

They modified Strength to only give 1 attack point per strength point when it used to do 2

They also Modified weapon damage to be half of what it was, however in GREAT blizzard logic they don't apply changes like this to weapons that are too old to matter, which is basically everything level 85 and below so weapon damage is much higher than it should be.
    Last edited by ryuplaneswalker; 2014-11-14 at 07:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Then of course there were more general delays. "Oh look a rare over there!" "How do we get to it?" "I don't know, let's waste 20 minutes finding a way around to it!",
    yeah..shadowmoon valley is bad for that
    and there is a village or two where you get sent from one guy to another one inch away on the map...but it takes 2 minutes to get to him around the giant ridge that cuts right into the heart of the place.......

no idea what the 92-94 zone in north is like but i am most likely going to take future toons there as soon as i get the quest sending me there (added bonus in that would allow me to not deal with silly blinding tree lovers sub-zone)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Frostfire is terrible with that as well. Due to, y'know, half of the terrain being massive volcanic crags. That the rare is invariably hidden inside.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

frostfire is the horde start zone?

almost like they want to discourage us..which they might have but that the expac seems pretty good so far otherwise

rares spawn often..and only had one that was unsoloable so far..but went down to 3 people with a little work

and some nice references
    --Gollum expy in the bonus objective cave near start
    --Alton Brown expy as cooking trainer in ashram
    --Hypnocroak
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am Bashiok"

Also: any advice for specs good at AoE? I generally tend to enjoy them more than single target classes.

Coming to mind are Unholy and Blood(and possibly frost? I've never tried frost) DKs, Fury and Protection(and possibly arms? again, never tried it) Warriors, and Combat Rogues.
    Any others particularly good? I am counting DoT heavy classes as good AoE ones, as long as they can affect more than one target at a time with DoTs(even if they have to apply them individually), Affliction Warlocks might be a good example(if I understand how they work right anyway)
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-11-15 at 03:59 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    "I am Bashiok"

Also: any advice for specs good at AoE? I generally tend to enjoy them more than single target classes.

Coming to mind are Unholy and Blood(and possibly frost? I've never tried frost) DKs, Fury and Protection(and possibly arms? again, never tried it) Warriors, and Combat Rogues.
    Any others particularly good? I am counting DoT heavy classes as good AoE ones, as long as they can affect more than one target at a time with DoTs(even if they have to apply them individually), Affliction Warlocks might be a good example(if I understand how they work right anyway)
    Monks with spinning crane kick, Brewwmaster also has kegsmash and breath of fire (which a dreanor perk lets its DoT apply regardless). and WW has fists of fury which with glyph can be cast while moving.

Hunters with multishot and barrage. RIP Rain of Arrows

SPriests I believe have that one AoE channel ability.

In other news, now lvl 99. Tamed all the beasties for my stables, now just have to train them and get the lvl 3 blueprint. Also have a lvl 2 trading post, lvl 1 salvage yard, and lvl 2 mine. Trying to save my goods up to get the lvl 3 garrison when I hit 100. So far only have 800 of the 2k needed. Gold isn't an issue.

Didn't like Spires of arak very much (only zone so far I haven't liked), but Nagrand joins the awesome zone club. Have to give Blizz credit. They did amazing on the areas and story for this. I can almost forgive them of all the stuff they cut out.

Did the first quest for the legendary ring which you can start at 98. First part you just have to run a dungeon and you get a lvl 100 640 epic ring. After that you have to collect 5k apexis crystals and run 3 heroics. Dunno about anything after that.

Steam Profile

20. - Top - End - #200

Man I'm jealous. Haven't even been able to play yet. First night terribly long wait. Second night even longer wait (over 2100 people in queue). This morning I wake up early and can play... and the servers are down!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #201

"I am Bashiok"

Arms Warrior uses Whirlwind for >50% of their gcds on single target.

Their AoE/Cleave is just silly. Fury's got nothing on it.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

ret pally is quite good at AoE

Did the first quest for the legendary ring which you can start at 98. First part you just have to run a dungeon and you get a lvl 100 640 epic ring. After that you have to collect 5k apexis crystals and run 3 heroics. Dunno about anything after that.
    i think thats all you can do atm on the ring (if i remember my quick skim through the guide to it on wowhead)

full size avatar

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I am Bashiok"

Unholy AOE has...Issues, large unavoidable nearly unfixable mechanical issues, and that is without the massive bug that has existed for 2 expansions and the fact that transitioning from Single Target to AOE is not great.

Frost AOE...if you Dual Wield you can pretty much use your AOE rotation in every situation in the game since Mastersimple is still usable.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    i think thats all you can do atm on the ring (if i remember my quick skim through the guide to it on wowhead)
    You get the 4 quests after it, and now that I'm 100 I can do them. Just farming the 5k apexis crystals is going to take some time.

In other news, I did some of the proving grounds (bronze tank and silver DPS, bot hin BrM spec). The DPS one is an utter joke. the tank however, is freakin hard. I'm only 598 ilvl and not sure what the cap is but jesus those guys hit hard.

Doesn't help that monks are really squishy this xpac. Like we can't take a hit for crap even with 300 bonus armor and some mastery/versatility.

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Unholy AOE has...Issues, large unavoidable nearly unfixable mechanical issues, and that is without the massive bug that has existed for 2 expansions and the fact that transitioning from Single Target to AOE is not great.

Frost AOE...if you Dual Wield you can pretty much use your AOE rotation in every situation in the game since Mastersimple is still usable.
    Could you explain both of these?
    I haven't a clue what you mean when talking about the Unholy Dk issues(seems fine to me. deathstrike/outbreak +festering strike[dot refresh], scourge strike[spare unholy runes], or blood boil[2+ targets], throwing in death coil whenever possible and death siphon when I need a heal. Using summons on big fights, and my pet's uber form when it's useable), or what "mastersimple" is.
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-11-15 at 06:36 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

You get the 4 quests after it, and now that I'm 100 I can do them. Just farming the 5k apexis crystals is going to take some time.

In other news, I did some of the proving grounds (bronze tank and silver DPS, bot hin BrM spec). The DPS one is an utter joke. the tank however, is freakin hard. I'm only 598 ilvl and not sure what the cap is but jesus those guys hit hard.

Doesn't help that monks are really squishy this xpac. Like we can't take a hit for crap even with 300 bonus armor and some mastery/versatility.
    as i said..just did a quick skim of the quest guide..i know there is a point where you cant continue even though the achievements for it are already listed

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Five days if you do the 1000 crystal daily in your garrison. Six if you do the 800 crystal one and have some other source of crystals (I got some from the mine today and also Inn quests).

Another one for the 100 club, for the record! Did Shadowmoon Burial Grounds today and goddamn that was an incredibly hard normal mode dungeon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Advice for garrison buildings?
    Any point in building one for a profession I already have on the character who owns the garrison?

And stables, barracks or an inn first?
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Advice for garrison buildings?
    Any point in building one for a profession I already have on the character who owns the garrison?

And stables, barracks or an inn first?
    Professions I would say depends on the profession. I am a tailor/enchanter and my assessment thus far is that the Tailor building is a must if I want to craft anything with tailoring, whereas the enchantment building is fighting for dear life for the right to keep its plot and it is quite honestly losing the battle.

For mediums. Barracks is kind of default. I went with the Inn but I am mildly regretful of it. I will probably replace it with something else soon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Professions I would say depends on the profession. I am a tailor/enchanter and my assessment thus far is that the Tailor building is a must if I want to craft anything with tailoring, whereas the enchantment building is fighting for dear life for the right to keep its plot and it is quite honestly losing the battle.

For mediums. Barracks is kind of default. I went with the Inn but I am mildly regretful of it. I will probably replace it with something else soon.
    Barracks is large, not medium. Personally I changed mine the second I could into a Dwarven Bunker.

For Medium, I actually like the Inn. It gives extra followers (Invaluable especially early on before you hit 20), a daily quest to do a dungeon that gives some random trade goods, exp, and gold. And a level 3 garrison unlocks a very lucrative new mission type.

If I dropped it it would probably be for a Barn, as my second is almost certainly going to be a trading post. But I'll wait to see how much savage blood prices end up stabilizing at before making that decision.