New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Serious Plots 5: No lulz.

[Somewhere Awful - Precipice]

Hugs.

Hugs make everything better.

At first Paranoia stiffens at the other disorder's touch, but he quickly relaxes. That doesn't stop his snake-y head from glowering at Precipice though. Paranoia sniffs a few times. "I had given up hope... That's how the Hospital gets you... You give up and it sucks you in..."

It sucks you in until you believe it's all there is.

"I don't even remember what the outside was like... But it has to be better than here,"
    Paranoia says, sounding more resolute. "This whole place... This whole place is one giant conspiracy to keep us trapped and miserable!"

Hah!

For once his paranoid nature is helping!

What does Precipice do?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhere Awful- Precipice

Precipice backs up a bit and nods.
    "Okay, so the biggest thing right now is getting past the Nurse, but I think you said you're allowed to walk around a little? And I have this pass, so I'm safe. Then there's the spider-phobia that killed me. That was nasty; we need some way to get past it. There was a room full of stuff, like I said. Maybe we'll find something useful. A knife would be a good start. I might also want to shower. I mean, they can probably smell me from three rooms away." he says bashfully.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

[Somewhere Awful - Tanya]

Tanya does feel quite guilty, so she immediately flicks the switch and runs as fast as she can to Sharps' room to see if he's okay.

4. - Top - End - #274

Vinose Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Carrie sighs and nods. She's smart, I'm sure she'll try to head there too...
    She thinks.
    She hopes.
    Man, if there's any dragons or anything like that, someone's getting chipped.
    Ashley looks around her for a second, and shudders a bit. "Hey, you go on ahead of me, the inn should be another mile that way. I'm not leaving here without Ally," she says.

5. - Top - End - #275

Flip the switch, climb down the ladder, run through the spooky hallway, flip the other switch, dash into Sharps' room and!

He isn't in there.

"Go away..." comes a muffled voice from under the bed.

What does Tanya do?

"You could use a good shower..." Paranoia agrees. "And... I think I might have something for the spiders."

And with that?

He climbs under his bed!

"I managed to hide this from them. They never knew I had it," he says from the under the bed as he pushes out-!

Some kind of jury-rigged flame thrower?

Well!

That will certainly help with the spiders.

What does Precipice do?

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Precipice's eyes widen under his mask.
    "Holy stuff Paranoia! That thing's wicked! I've got a few tire irons, two filled blood-bags, a puzzle-box-door, and oh! Your phone!" he says, shaking his head.
    "I had your phone, but it was in my pocket! Maybe it's still there where I died? Either way, it would be super useful for a distraction if we needed it. I'll go wash up, you get your stuff in order."
    says Precipice as he plods over to the bathroom to quickly wash up.
    He hopes they have non-gross shampoo. He is going to need a lot of it.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Post Re: Serious Plots 5: No lulz.

Tanya frowns and says, "Hey Sharps, are you under there? I'm sorry about what happened. Really, I am...I didn't realize they were so fast. But my promise stands. I'm getting both of us out of here, consequences be damned."

8. - Top - End - #278

Silence for a few seconds before Sharps growls back, "I said go away!"

Seems he isn't very happy about Tanya ignoring his warnings and getting him killed.

What does Tanya do?

Paranoia gives a nod and begins gathering the things while Precipice gets his little fuzzy rear into the bathrooms.

The place looks about the same as it did previously with the blood shower (thankfully) off. The snot shower is still oozing snot everywhere, the ice shower still has a liver frozen in the stall, and the normal shower is still thankfully normal. There's a dispenser in the shower, but it looks like it produces some kind of gross bodily fluid rather than any actual shampoo.

Though... Precipice HAD seen some actual shampoo in the vending machine out by the nurses' station.

What does Precipice do?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Precipice has a whole lot of blood to trade, and his lanyard is supposed to give him immunity, so no harm in being stingy.
    Precipice takes a quick detour to the lobby to check the vending machine. Hopefully there aren't more gross characters in there today. He peers through the door first, just to be safe.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"Sticks, really...I tried to fight the nurse...I feel horrible. But we're leaving. And I promise, I'll listen to you from now on."

11. - Top - End - #281

After a few more minutes of silence Sharps finally crawls out from under the bed.

First thing that's apparent about him?

He doesn't look transparent anymore. Not a brain floating in a ghostly, monstery body. Just a little fluffy monster with a bone mask. That probably means something, but the meaning isn't immediately obvious. "Fine..." he huffs. "But I don't know if that same trick will work again. And we don't have any way to get past those worms now, not unless we find another fire extinguisher."

Yeah...

Sure is too bad they went and lost all their stuff.

Funny thing, Tanya could have collected the blood from those giant dead worms and used that to quickly buy some stuff instead of derping around with her spear trying to break the glass. Whoops!

What does Tanya do?

So...

In the waiting room?

There's a nurse in there.

And there's also a vaguely anthropomorphized large intestine. It's about as disgusting as one might expect such a thing to be. Seriously. Just totally nasty. The nurse doesn't seem to be killing Precipice on sight, so it would appear as though his lanyard is working! That's a good thing at the very least. Should he so desire, buying some real shampoo should be relatively easy!

What does Precipice do?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Tanya nods and says, "Yeah...Hmm...There has got to be a way to distract the nurses for longer. Any ideas?"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh boy! Will goes over to the machine and starts browsing its wares. Sure, the shampoo is what he wants, but without Paranoia's stuff he's only using half his Bag space. Might as well stock up. What mysteries do you hold, vending machine?!

14. - Top - End - #284

Sharps shakes his head. "Getting them to go into another room to check on a patient is probably the best way. I can't really think of anything else," he admits.

Well.

That's better than nothing, right?

What does Tanya do?

Wonders beyond Precipice's wildest imagination!

Like a tiny alabaster statue of Scotty. Precipice knows that's the strange creature with a furry lip's name, since it says so on the base of the tiny statue. The thing is super expensive, too. Ten blood packs! Who would pay that much money to get a creepy looking little statue, anyway? There are also various types of medicine and anti-medicine in there. A few snacks. Bottles of purified water. Bottles of contaminated water. Usual hospital stuff.

What does Precipice do?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Tanya nods and says, "Alright...I can call a nurse to my room. Hopefully, you'll be able to grab our stuff from the station when she leaves, and get out and hide by the time she gets back."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm. Nothing jumps out at him as useful. He'll hold off for now, and raid the Drawer Room later.
    Precipice will grab the little hygiene product. If possible, he'll simply shower with it, shake himself dry, and head back to Paranoia. Nothing too special.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Vinose Woods

Ashley looks around her for a second, and shudders a bit. "Hey, you go on ahead of me, the inn should be another mile that way. I'm not leaving here without Ally," she says.
    Carrie sighs and nods. If I find her, I'll bring her back ASAP. Sit tight, okay? She starts creeping through the woods toward the inn.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

Sharps gulps rather visibly. "O-okay. You do that and I'll try to be quick. I'll empty out some room in my tote bag."

And with that he begins dumping stuff out of his bag that wasn't there a moment prior onto his bed. Now Tanya just needs to get her gross wormy butt back into her room so she can hit the Call Nurse button and hope for the best.

Will Sharps come through for her?

Or will he just take all the stuff and book it, leaving her behind?

That wouldn't be a very nice thing to do, but he's still pretty mad at her...

What does Tanya do?

And now the acrophobia is all clean, silky, and smelling vaguely of lavender. That certainly beats smelling like blood and death, which is what he smelled like before. Upon returning to Paranoia's room, he'll discover that the personality disorder has packed his things and is ready to move out! "You said... umm... you said you had a weird puzzle box. Can I see it?" he asks, glancing up from the contents of his wallet.

What does Precipice do?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Keeping one's coat clean is very important. Although oddly, Precipice feels like he didn't use so much shampoo before...

Still, the disorder waddles back into Paranoia's room, only dripping slightly. He tried his best to shake himself dry, but the vending machine didn't sell towels!

"Oh yeah, sure." says Precipice, handing his friend the box.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Tanya nods and sprints back to her room where she presses the call nurse button, hoping she made the right choice to trust Sharps. He does seem like a good little dude, after all.

21. - Top - End - #291

Paranoia takes the little box and begins examining it, his-

Well, no.

His eyes can't really go wide.

Or if they do you can't really see it because of the mask.

"This is a portable door..." he mutters. "We can use this to bypass rooms!"

That...

Is actually super-useful!

What does Precipice do?

Tanya pushes the button.

A few minutes later the door to her room opens and a nurse walks in with all its horrifying, pointy glory. It should probably be noted that it came through the locked door, not the secret one. Once the thing is in her room it just stands there staring at her with its single glowing yellow eye.

What does Tanya do?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Precipice can't smile at that statement, for the same reason.
    "I thought that was what it might do, but I didn't want to test it. Can we only use it once, or multiple times? Because we have to go North-East. If we come to a dead end, that's when we should use it, I think." reasons the disorder.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Tanya blinks as it enters the other door, and swallows as she says, "So...Where am I, exactly. Surely someone has to know, right? Where is the Hostpital?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Cynceltri
    Guest in the Playground

[Sunny Meadow -> Nexus Crystal Gardens]

With a pop and a crackle, Nera, who had drifted out of sight some time ago, slid lazily back into the group’s vicinity through some unseen portal. She didn’t come alone, however. Perched calmly on her back was the small form of Naxim, looking exceptionally tired but otherwise no worse the wear for whatever ordeals she had undergone. Arkho came striding into existence after them, and she in turn was followed by a humanoid figure comprised entirely of pale, glowing mist.

“Hello again, I hope you’re all ready to go. Drellan, if you please.”

With an amiable nod, the vaporous entity strode off to the side and began rapidly moving through a sequence of complex gestures. There was no obvious effect at first, but gradually the air in that area became harder and harder to look at without tearing up or needing to sneeze, as if reality itself was being warped past recognition.

“And now I must apologize for the abruptness, but we need to get moving. So, without further ado…”

The party felt their feet leave the ground as Arkho darted forwards, then they were hurtling after her with Nera bringing up the rear. They rushed right into the pocket of increasingly warped reality and suddenl-

“-d you would not believe what they’ve put up in Sector 8. Seriously, you should take a look the next time you’re out that way.”

They were all standing neatly back in the Crystal Gardens of the Nexus, only a few yards away from the magnanimous Steve, with whom Arkho was apparently in pleasant conversation. She glanced over at them.

“Ah, there you are. I once again ask forgiveness for abruptness, but now that you’re all back safe and sound, we must return to our duties. Goodbye.”

And with that, both she and Nera vanished.

Well then…

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

[A Cave in the Mountains]

In the foothills of the mountains, facing Inside, there is a cave!

Ok, there are LOTS of caves. But this one in particular matches the image that the priestess Felina showed to Sunder and Punch, back at the Temple of Inari!

Punch and Sunder's first trouble upon reaching the cave is an anti-magic shell over the entrance.

26. - Top - End - #296

[A Cave!]

Sunder lands in the gravel outside the cave with a dull crunch and immediately begins heading in at a brisk clip. There's business to do and she's going to do it. As soon as she reaches the magically disrupting barrier she can feel something go off-kilter inside her. Specifically? Her dawn aura fizzles and dies.

That manages to get a frown from the nightmære.

A frown followed by a proclamation of how things shall be.

"Nope."

That said, she hauls back and punches the field.

Normally?

Normally that probably wouldn't do much.

But Sunder is far from normal.

The power of her Talent reverberates out from the punch, threatening to shatter the shell and potentially destroy whatever device or spell is keeping it active.

BIFF!

The nurse stands there, staring at Tanya.

Silently.

What does Tanya do?

[somewhere Awful - Precipice]

"It can be used more than once," Paranoia replies. "But you have to be careful with it. If you make a door to Nowhere by mistake it'll fix the door into an exit." He frowns a bit at this. "That's how I lost mine..."

So...

Be careful where you point the thing, then.

What does Precipice do?

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Cave!

Punch isn't clear on what Sunder is nopeing about, but she's not about to let a nope go un-punched. She slides up next to Sunder, switching to her silvery gloves, and tries to punch in-synch with Sunder's punch, at the same thing (Whatever it is.) Since Punch's gloves can punch metaphysical things, but she has to know what to punch.

She isn't sure if 'the same thing sunder is punching' will work, but it's worth a try.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cave]

The coordinated punches cause the air to distort and bend: strange silvery lines of energy briefly flicker on the edges of Punch and Sunder's vision, connecting to points on the rock. Then an unaccountable feeling of doom briefly comes and goes before the distortions settle down: the field still in-place.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-11-05 at 05:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Precipice nods. "Ok, so try not to use it when we might be on the outer wall of the hospital. Noted." he stores the thing away.
    "All right, let's head out then. We want the Northern door past the Nurse's station. Oh, and I got this lanyard when Dr. Phage mistook me for a research assistant. I don't want to mess with him, since he might call Nurses on us. If he's still around, just say that you're volunteering with me, and we'll slip by when he isn't looking. Sound like a plan?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Tanya glares at the nurse and says, "No response? Huh. What are you...Just golems, or...What?"