New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Way of the Wicked - Party 1 aka The League of Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Alihandros View Post
    Taking the time, Zarius will remove the rags they left him in and don the clothes as well.

"No thanks, that will just hinder me for now. Now I believe we need weapons to take care of this and what not, also the hobbles need to be removed from our other companions it would seem."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

I wonder how the guard outside our cell isn't hearing all this or has he moved on?

How many ever attempts it takes to remove Radu, Claire and Julius.
    Hobble removal services
    Disable Device:[roll0]
    Disable Device:[roll1]
    Disable Device:[roll2]
    Disable Device:[roll3]
    Disable Device:[roll4]
    Your cell mates are free. And there is no guard in the room that your cell occupies, but you are aware of two guards through an open door South East of your cell.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Radu

"I appreciate the compliment Julius. Now as for those torches.." Trying the cell door and seeing if it is also locked and if it is he retrieves the key from Claire to unlock it. Radu looked around the cell block to find all the sources of light and see if there might be any other prisoners inside the cellblock. Satisfied with his inspection he begins gathering all the rags they recently wore in a pile. Then he drenches them in conjured water. "Now as I douse the flames , get ready to strike." Keeping his voice low as to not attract unwanted attention from the guards. Once again relying on the hidden power in his mind, he levitates the drenched fabric over the torches one by one until the cellblock is completely dark.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception to scout out the cellblock (if needed). (1d20+8)[11] Then he gets ready to charge the guards if they enter the cellblock.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"Why is it dark?" You hear a gruff voice say from the cell to your right.

Spoiler: For those of you with Darkvision
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64

MindFlayer

Radu

This was unexpected.
    Radu replied with a whisper. "It seems the torches went out of fuel. Who are you and how much have you heard?" Slowly approaching the cell where the.. Horned bearded man was standing.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Julius frowned as he slinked to the other side of the cell, up with his back against the wall, close to Radu. What was this? If only he could see in the dark, like this fellow could. He seemed odd. For one, he could speak to rats, and then he could see in the dark. The spells could be easily explained, but it all seemed so... different. He'd figure it out later, for now, he'd concentrate on acquiring freedom, and letting the other man do all the talking to things in the dark.
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!
    (Yeah call me empy, and also I am not actually female)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"Don't take me for a fool." The ogre says, "I've heard enough to know you're getting out of here and that you should take me with you."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Map of the area

The ogre is in the reinforced cell.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

While Radu worked with putting out the fires, Claire waited by the cell door, keeping watch for the guards. As she left the dark hopelessness behind and gained a grain of trust for her cell-mates, tension began to rise. To think that the hateful guards were only a few meters away, while they prepared for their demise. Soon, they’d strike, soon they’d be out of here. Her hands were cold with sweat.

The voice startled her and sent chills down her back. Like when someone catches you doing something you really, really shouldn’t have done. Moving as quietly as she could, she followed right after Julius. After moment of indecision, she bows her head slightly and focuses while chanting in low voice. A fire starts the palm of her hand, making it look like she is holding the flame of a torch. The flame leaves her hand and dances away against the reinforced cell, blatantly ignoring the most basic rules of physics. It floats around in a sinusoidal pattern for a while, as if searching, and settles in mid-air when illuminating the ogre.
    "What is that thing?" She whispers to Julius and Radu.

9. - Top - End - #69

MindFlayer

Radu

Radu was both pleased and worried at this new development. There was a reason the ogre was kept in a reinforced cell after all and if it was not inclined to listen to reason.. Things might get ugly fast. But the possibilities of unleashing an armored beast against the guards! He made up his mind. They would need this negotiation to go smoothly though.
    "Well. Perhaps we should take you with us.. It depends if you can cooperate or not." Radu eyed the beast and tried to assess its condition and if it could be relied on in a fight. He taped his chin in thought. He looked to Claire as she spoke. "It is hunger and strength made flesh dear Claire." He smiled. Much like myself. "You seem able to both take and administer a fair bit of violence and it just so happens that there is a position open as an enforcer in my court... If you agree to the position. Then I shall armor you and see to it that you make it out of here alive. As a bonus you will get to tear any guards that stands in our way apart. Now, what is your name ogre?"

Spoiler: Negotiating with danger
    Show
    Sense motive to see if he is trustworthy and diplomacy to make him friendly toward us. Using the legalistic bonus on the diplomacy roll.
    Sense motive:(1d20+7)[18]
    Diplomacy:(1d20+14)[33]
    Last edited by Tiny; 2014-11-02 at 05:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Grumblejack responds, "I am Grumblejack and I am willing to accept your terms so long as it means I get out of here, nut know this I am not the fool that many of my kin are and I will not be treated as such."

11. - Top - End - #71

MindFlayer

Radu

This is turning out to be a rather good day after all.
    "Do not worry Grumblejack. By agreeing to this arrangement you have already proven to be far from a fool." Repeating the process he used to conjure the armor for himself. Except with considerably more water to compensate for the unusual size of the recipient in short order Radu had a marvelous breastplate of solid ice in his hands. Then he used the key to open the reinforced cell. "Your freedom and your armor." He gave the ogre the custom built item with a smile. "Now Grumblejack it is time we left this place. If you are like me and Zarius and able to see without light, we would be glad to have you join in on this little ambush we planed for the two guards in the next room. Otherwise stay out of our way."

Spoiler: Unleashing the beast.
    Show
    Making a breastplate for Grumblejack and getting ready to ambush some guards.
    Last edited by Tiny; 2014-11-03 at 04:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Claire looks appraisingly at the ogre. “Good. They deserve it.” She whisper, before walking as quietly as possible in the other direction. The flame leaves the ogre and follows her, staying at enough distance to maker her strain her eyes in order to see anything, but allowing her to stay on the path and avoid walking into things. The quick beating of her heart is almost more audible than the muted voices from behind as she presses on, closing in on the guard-room's door. Staying well out of eye-shoot from the doorway to the guard-room, she crouches and listens. She almost expects a guardsman to walk through the doorway any moment, another part of her almost wants it to happen. To get break the silence and wait, to strike against those who did this to her. Almost.

Spoiler: What are the guards doing, and how many are there?
    Show
    (1d20+3)[23]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You listen carefully for a moment and you can hear two distinct voices.

Spoiler: You listen for a moment and hear the following
    Show
    “That Blackerly is a damned thief! Tat game was rigged last night!”
    “If it’s rigged, why do you keep going back to the gate-house then?”
    “The beer’s passable.”
    A laugh is heard.
    “Drinkin’ on duty! Damn, this place has gone to hell. Captain Callidan would have never tolerated that crap. That’s for sure!”
    “Captain Callidan … he left, what? two years ago?”
    “Almost three and since then the place has been straight to hell. That old wizard never leaves his tower. He stays up there reading his books and petting his owl!”
    “Petting his owl? Is that what they call it these days?”
    The guards enjoy a bit of a laugh.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I hope one of your size is more subtle then your kind usually are, I'd prefer not to bring the entire confines of the barracks down upon us while only armed with these puny things."

"Also Radu, I do hope that our new patron had promised you and by extension us, something better then what they lent us when we meet up with them after getting out of here."

With that Zarius will find a suitable place to hide to spring his part of this ambush.

Show

Moving near enough to the door and hiding.
    Stealth:(1d20+7)[9]
    Thanks drack for finding the new avatar
    Life has come up, I apologize if I'm in a game and have just disappeared.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Somewhat relieved, the sorceress returns to her companions. “I think there's only two of them... enjoying themselves greatly” Her voice grows more intent “They'll never see it coming. Should I shout for help, scream in pain? Maybe that'd get them in here. I could also try to levitate their torches away from them, should they have any.”

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

In a subtle movement, Julius Dampier moved backwards from where he already was, in an attempt to hide himself, following suit with everyone else doing the same. This ambush was Step 2 on their way to final freedom, although technically they were bound to that lady. But a pirate was free, wasn't he?

He'd see how grateful he felt to this mysterious benefactor at the end.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth
    (1d20+5)[20]
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You hear a chair scoot and one of the guards says to the other, "Did you hear that?"
    "Hear what?" Replies the other.
    "I heard something coming from the cells, I'll check it out."
    You can hear one of the guard moving towards the door.

You have time to take either a move or standard action.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Julius felt a tad bit uncomfortable, but he was ready for anything to come through that door. He had his dagger raised, and his hand ready to strike immediately, as anyone entered through the doorway.

Spoiler
    Show

Readying an action, never done this before, so smack me if this is not how it's done.
    Readying an attack for whenever the first guy enters the doorway
    (1d20+6)[22] to hit
    (1d4+1)[5]
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

19. - Top - End - #79

MindFlayer

Radu

Following Julius example Radu readied himself to pounce upon any who dared enter the cellblock. His heart was pounding hard and fast. It did no longer matter if everything would go to the nine hells or not. Time seemed to slow down and in the place of apprehension a stronger more basic instinct grew. This feeling..The old hunger.. It has been to long since last I hunted. He licked his teeth in anticipation.

Spoiler: Daggers in the dark
    Show

Readies a charge against any guard entering within range. That is okey right? Otherwise it is just an attack.
    Attack: (1d20+3)[20] Add 2 if charge was okey
    Damage: (1d4+3)[5] +against humans it also deals 2 con damage
    Last edited by Tiny; 2014-11-03 at 06:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Seems everyone else is getting on edge quickly, guess that means bloodshed is soon to come.

Show

Readied action to try and silence the guard that comes through the door.
    Attack:(1d20+3)[5]
    Damage:(1d4)[4]
    SNEAK ATTACK!!!!:(1d6)[6]

Oh COME ON.......
    Last edited by Alihandros; 2014-11-03 at 07:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

As the voices of the guards could be heard and the others quickly moved against the door, all thoughts of planning or strategy disappeared. Claire followed a half step behind Radu with adrenaline pumping through her veins. Almost (a small voice by the name of 'common sense' whispered weakly in the back of head) without considering if it was the wisest thing to do, she soon found herself standing within range of the door with the others, preparing to strike. She would get them for what they had done, for locking her up, for daring to laugh and drink on the job while she sat chained to a wall... with thoughts like that swirling in her head, she became aware of the change, not because she felt it, but because she simply knew. She didn't need to look in order to know that her fingers now had a different structure, shimmered slightly red and ended in a set of cruel talons.

Spoiler: Talons in the dark
    Show

Free-action: Claws
    Readying stuff:
    Attack: (1d20+3)[8]
    Damage (1d4+3)[7]
    Last edited by Yarn; 2014-11-03 at 08:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The moment you all see the door in front of you open all the way you all waylay the guard. Of the four of you Julius and Radu both strike the shocked guard and he falls in a heap on the floor blood pooling around him. Through the door you see what must be the other guard leaning back, his chair on two leg and with an expression of pure horror. On the table in front of him, and just a few feat in front of him you see what can only be a signal horn. The remaining guard scrambles for it.

Roll initiative.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Claire’s heart skips a beat as the door opens. After a split second of indecision, she darts forward, only to almost crash into Julius back as he strikes against the guard. As the guard falls down and reveals the room, she can see the second guardsman. Their eyes meet and she can see how his gaze wanders to the signal horn. Filled with a sudden energy, she pushes her way forth between the men before her and steps over the corpse of the guard while chanting with firm voice. With a few swift hand movements, ending in a sweeping motion as if brushing something aside the spell is cast, while she moves a few steps along the wall inside the room.

Spoiler: Mind over matter
    Show

Standard action: mage hand, attempting to pull the signal-horn away from the guard, preferably to catch it herself.
    Move action: Moves along the wall inside the room, thus keeping distance from the guard.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The horn flies towards your hand and you catch it.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Julius grinned, as the woman next to him used her apparent powers to acquire the horn, from in front of the poor little guard. "My bad, mate, but you were just here at the wrong time." he whispered, as he moved right up to the guard, and made a back handed slash against the man with his dagger.

Spoiler
    Show

To hit
    (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage
    (1d4+1)[5]
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

26. - Top - End - #86

MindFlayer

Radu

Yeeeeesss... That was it! The ambush had gone perfectly. Julius had buried his dagger in the unsuspecting fool and he himself had, as custom dictated, gone for the throat. It had been a moment of triumph and of sweet sensations. His stomach burned with inner fire as he let the body of the dead guard hit the floor. Sweet sensations indeed.. He wiped the blood of his lips and looked at the still breathing guard being viciously stabbed at by Julius. He smiled. A red smile competing with the color of his eyes. "No dear Julius... He is just in time.. for dessert!" Then in a savage leap, Radu threw himself forward at the remaining guard.

Spoiler: The hunger games
    Show
    Charging the guard!

Attack(1d20+5)[7]
    Damage:(1d4+3)[7] +2 constitution damage from blood drinker
    Last edited by Tiny; 2014-11-04 at 06:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The guard stumbles out of the way of your attack.

Edit that was for Radu
    Last edited by sporkbeard; 2014-11-04 at 06:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Julius cuts his dagger across the guards face!

29. - Top - End - #89

Zarius seeing his comrades moving against the last guard will tumble to try and cut off the guards path of escape.

"My good sir, I hope you are not going to try and leave our little soiree so soon."

Show

Acrobatics:(1d20+7)[12]
    Attack:(1d20+5)[13]
    Damage:(1d4)[1]+(1d6)[6]

If I actually hit something, it is going to hurt, but until then........CURSE YOU FORUM ROLLER FORMULA!!!!!!
    Last edited by Alihandros; 2014-11-04 at 08:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Zarius tumbles behind the guards and stabs him in the small of his back. The moment his blade breaks skin the guard falls limb to the floor.