New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: If you could be any three fictional characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    No. But it's pretty vague what those cons are.
    Mostly just general stuff. you take a negative personality traits of other people as well as good ones. So my wanting to be like Roland as one of characters would also make me incredibly bad with people and
    Spoiler
    Show
    as likely to kill an entire town worth of people and shoot a woman taken as a hostage before I consider rescuing her
    . You get immediate weaknesses of the character: Superman = kryptonite for example.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Let's see....

Mystique, Raven Darkhölme, of many super villain and super hero teams (Marvel). The ability to shapeshift to look however I want to. And who needs money, when you can just shapeshift to look like you're wearing clothes.

Of course, how embarrassing it'd be to get knocked unconscious and my lack of clothes becomes apparent.

Invisible Woman, Sue Richards
    , of the Fantastic Four (Marvel). Invisibility, and able to manipulate an invisibilty field into either a defensive shield of varying strengths or an offensive weapon.

Velocity, Carin Taylor, of Cyber Force (Image/Top Cow). Te ability to run at Mach 3 sounds pretty sweet.

Plus, all three are combat trained, with Mystique having the added benefit of being an expert assassin.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Running at Mach 3 is one thing, but even assuming that works with all the confounding factors...you're still running. Running takes effort. Why not teleport?
    Jude P.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Running at Mach 3 is one thing, but even assuming that works with all the confounding factors...you're still running. Running takes effort. Why not teleport?
    Style points? I mean sure you can poof somewhere else and that's neat but he can also just run on foot next to a guy doing 120mph in his new sports car.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

I thought about that. But the only character I can think of that teleports is Nightcrawler. And as much as I love the little blue elf, I certainly don't want to smell like BAMF! everywhere I go.

But I like the style points as well.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Let's see.... My goal would be to be able to accomplish as much (or as little) as I want to, not getting old, and the ability to easily change identities in order to not get found out. I also do not want to put myself in the position of being unable to die should I really want to. With that in mind:

1: Belgarath the sorceror. Agelessness couple with apparently not getting bored or particularly bummed out by it and almost unlimited reality altering powers (which I would probably only use for shapeshifting and building stuff) along with the willpower and imagination to use them properly. Downsides include being a bit of a toy of prophecy (but not at the end of the series, so I'd take it from there) and a tendency towards tragic love stories.

2: Next would be the ability to survive pretty much anything. Wolverine comes to mind, but the claws and adamantium are pretty conspicuous. The immortals from Baccano! can't check out unless another immortal eats them so they're out. The cheerleader from heroes looses sensation and I would count extremely accident prone as a disadvantage... So let's say a version of wolverine without the bone claws before he got the bling installed. Most of Wolverine's problems come from other mutants, and since in that scenario I'd be the only one with superpowers I think I'd get off pretty lightly. Oh or I could go with Captain Jack Harkness. Immortal, super charismatic, knowledge of future technology and ability to absolutely rock a greatcoat. Downsides... Being omnisexual would be a bit weird for a few months but I'm sure I'd get into it eventually. Yeah, Captain Jack it is.

3: This one would probably be a technopath or a preposterously good hacker, in order to create new identities/bank accounts. That or the power of the Gamer from the titular korean comic book (manwha I believe is the technical term). The guy pretty much levels up like an old school RPG character in everything he does, has access to extradimentional storage and can analyse stressful situations rationally. I could just level up computer skills on a closed network until they're at a super high rank and go to town. Downsides are mainly living in a weird maskarade like situation where people who know about my powers try to hunt me down.

With that power set I can just as easily relax in Tahiti (it's a wonderful place) for a century or go out into the world and do good by becoming a politician or founding a company/charity, or whatever I feel is the best way to go about it with my by then vastly improved intelligence and wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Twilight Sparkle, alicorn princess.
    Data from TNG. Ability to remove one's emotion chip seems like it would help a fair bit with the panic attacks picked up from said alicorn.
    Anyanwu from Wild Seed ... presuming this didn't immediately imply the existence of Doro. Her struggles and allegory should balance out the previous two utopias to keep me grounded in something like the real world.

There's not necessarily a ton of coherence to a shapeshifting android alicorn, but ...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh, most fictional characters in the stories I like get the short end of the stick at some point. I think there's only one I'd really rather be.

Tom Bombadil. Dude is always happy, always has free time, and can generally do whatever he wants. Nothing's a serious threat to him except something with divine power.
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Erevis Cale from the Forgotten Realms. Incredibly resourceful assassin that eventually acquires god/demi-god powers(on a lower scale though, nothing like a true D&D epic level wizard or anything) based on shadow manipulation. He's quite honorable though, greatly loves those who he served as a butler for a long period of time while in hiding, and of course his friends.(One of my most favorite moments in ANY fantasy series is when he
    Spoiler
    Show
    has to give his life to Mephistopheles as part of a bargain to stop a world threat. His friend Riven is PISSED, warps in to Mephistos territory, and for a brief moment unleashes unholy hell on him, then steps back and says (Paraphrasing) "I can only hope you come outside of your domain in the future, because what I Just did here will look like foreplay". Ahhh, such wonderfulness ^^
    Hell, now that I'm thinking about it...Might be time to revisit that series :)

Uhh...man, just not sure after that. Maybe the power of the characters from Mistborn involving various types of elemental manipulation by imbibing various metals and what not in miniscule amounts? And then....ehh, just give me the martial prowess of Grunthor from the Rhapsody series :) The ability to pick up just about any weapon and be able to use it proficiently ^^
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2014-10-29 at 12:02 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Easy for me. I only need one character -- Corwin of Amber.

Pros I'd gain: immortal youth and vigor; amazing powers of recovery; near-immunity to disease; great strength; the Trumps of Doom; and, to make it all hang together, the ability to move between realities and find whatever the heck I wanted to see/experience/do, including completely random stuff.

Cons I'd have to accept: an incredible yearning for the throne of Amber, which is an extremely fatal thing to gain, though apparently this yearning can be banished by sufficient maturation; nasty, equally powerful relatives who are always going to view me as a threat no matter what and may try to randomly eliminate me (assuming they can find me, of course); dangers of the multiverse.

Immortality, shadow-shifting, and a touch of magic are enough to sell it to me, though. There's got to be so much stuff out there to just see, that nobody will ever be able see -- except for a being like an Amberite.

Give me that, and I sure wouldn't be here posting. I'd be 15 realities away and walking, questing and questing for that thing that can never be found ...

(Edit: I almost said Merlin, because he's more of a sorcerer than his dad, besides having pretty much all the other advantages, too. However, there's the whole Chaos thing -- being a hulking demonic shapeshifter under a thin veneer of humanity, living in the ghastly Courts of Chaos growing up, having to deal with even worse politics than Amber against a truly alien, hellish backdrop ... yeah, a few spells aren't worth going through all that if you don't have to, IMO.)
    Last edited by Bulldog Psion; 2014-10-29 at 12:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't want to spoil any of these stories, so details are in spoilers.

In no particular order, I would be...

Rand Al'Thor (After the end of the Wheel of Time series.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A dark-haired blue-eyed handsome young man with access to mysterious powers which may or may not use the Source. Whatever happens after the story, this version of Al'Thor interests me. Especially considering he was one of my least favourite characters of the start of the series...

Advantages
    -

But on the spin side...
    -He went through quite a lot. I'm absolutely not expecting everything that happened in the books to have no effect on him at all

Xym the Rogue (My character)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xym is basically, 'Well who exactly would I be in a fictional setting anyway?' A social outcast with an aversion to sunlight, Xym is a 'True Neutral' furred being with large bat-like wings who can fly. Oh yes, and sweet throwing knife skills.

Advantages
    -

But on the spin side...
    -There's no way he could move freely around in today's society without freaking a large portion of the populace out and possibly getting shot at or captured in the process
    -Despite having supernatural senses, he's more susceptible to bright flashes of light and sudden loud sounds

Cortana (From the Halo video game series)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cortana is no doubt one of my favourite video game characters of all time. Strictly speaking, most of what I like about Cortana is from the novels and Halo 3. Unfortunately, despite being an AI who refuses to give up, Cortana is doomed to something called 'rampancy'. This is further worsened by some of the actions she has taken, which are explained mostly in the books (I believe).

Advantages
    -

But on the spin side...
    -Even AIs like Cortana are prone to 'thinking themselves to death' in a process called 'rampancy'. Without help, an AI's lifespan is only eight years
    -Being a computer program means no physical form to speak of and a reliance on others

EDIT - Typo
    EDIT - Gradually updating with more details for my own entertainment
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-10-30 at 12:37 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Ged - or Sparrowhawk (from A Wizard of Earthsea)

Pros: extremely talented mage

Cons: There's this business with my Shadow... but you'll have to read the novel to find out more (it's worth it)

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

Hmm... Satoru Klein (Adventures of the Writer); Arael, the Overdeity (PARAGON) and Tzeentch, Changer of Ways (Warhammer).

I'm immortal twice (Arael and Tzeentch), omnipotent twice (Arael and Satoru) and omniscient three times. I can take any drawbacks you can throw at me.

Of course, this does lead to me having to be lawful evil twice and true neutral once, but I guess I could be someone other than Arael if that became a problem.

Of course, if I'm being more sensible, I'd choose... hmm... Captain Listrata (War of Omens), Sigmar Heldenhammer or failing that Karl Franz (Warhammer) and Hubard (Tyrant). Intelligent and witty, the best warrior ever and the head of an almost unstoppable army. Drawbacks? Uhm... Well, Listrata is a little bit headstrong, and so is Karl Franz, and Hubard... well, we don't really know enough about him to tell. Maybe take Lash (Advance Wars) instead, in which case I get her naivety and carelessness thrown around as a drawback to being a veritable genius.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hmm. The first two that came to mind were Miles Vorkosigan and Nynaeve al'Meara, which would on one hand give me incredible intelligence, inexhaustible energy, the ability to inspire everyone around me to perform at their very best, courage and self-certainty, and the ability to heal any illness or injury short of death (mental illnesses included), with teleportation and some other nifty tricks thrown in on the side. (Physical attributes... Nynaeve gets a multi-century lifespan, Miles gets to be short, brittle-boned and easily injured. I can cope with these.) On the other hand it would also give me an insatiable thirst for recognition, a tendency toward hyperactivity + lashing out at people when upset, a serious chip on my shoulder about being underestimated (twice over), a talent for leaping headlong into dangerous situations (twice over), and a philosophy for conflict resolution that seems to boil down to "When In Doubt, Escalate The Situation".

... it would certainly not be boring, that's for sure
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

1. Kvothe the Bloodless/Arcane/Kingkiller/Lord of the Andals and Mother of Dragons/Etc.

PROS: This is practically cheating already, since Kvothe is like a tristalt bard//rogue/artificer/swordsage//wizard/truenamer all by himself. I will know Words of Power in the Language of the Making. Failing that, I will have like a kajillion tricks up my sleeve.

CONS: Catastrophically depressive. Massive weakness for the ladies.

2. Atticus the Iron Druid

PROS: Can use druidic bindings for all sorts of fun stuff: quasi-invisibility, fast-healing, etc. Immune to most magical attacks. Virtually immortal, between über-powered doodad and cunning, millenia-old paranoia.

CONS: Tendency to piss people off. Massive weakness for the ladies.

3. The Gray Mouser

PROS: I feel like I'm sitting pretty here just from the first two, so, while not quite as ludicrously OP as the first two, dear old Mouse is (according to the guy who made him up) explicitly the best swordsman ever. Well, technically there was never a definitive answer as to whether he or Fafhrd was better than the other (or equally matched) but my filthy, stinky guts tell me it's the Mouser. As a side note, gets UMD as a class skill. Gets UMD as a class skill so hard that he's basically why rogues have UMD as a class skill in the first place.

CONS: Very smart, though not nearly as smart as he thinks he is. Massive weakness for the ladies.

There we go. I can now cast magic bindings, speak true Names, sing and play the lute real good, turn into some animals, make magic doodads (twice over!), steal effectively (thrice over, now that I think about it), fight with a sword in several different styles, and have cleverly, cleverly only acquired flaws that I am already afflicted with anyway. Your move, universe.
    Last edited by Gnome Alone; 2014-10-30 at 12:28 AM.
    Avatar by the one and only Ceika.
    "I'll be whatever I wanna do." - Philip J. Fry
    my fake wizard|my fake one-shot|my fake link

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrm. I think I would select a mix of the following.

Fujiwara no Mokou

Pros: Essentially the phoenix in human form. Eternal life's a useful thing. Gives me plenty of time to do whatever I want to do. Perhaps I might *eventually* be bored, but it's doubtful that there's ever gonna be an end of things to do. And if there *is* an end of new art to be experienced, I can just start creating it on my own.

Cons: Antisocial. Resurrective immortality. Still need to eat and drink.

Ricardo

Pros: Strong, agile and clever. Skill in martial arts and electronics wrapped up in a neat package of chronic heroism.

Cons: Look like a demon, naive, soulless, not recognized as a sentient being in most parts of the world. Pacifist in a world where everyone wants to use him to commit violence.

Honestly? I can't think of a third one.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Colossus in the Playground

1. Benjamin Kirby Tennyson, Ultimate Alien era

2. Diamond Gear of the Crystal Empire(OC, 11 year old genious prodigy, focusing on math and engineering)

3. Someone with complete immortality.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

1. Nanoha Takamachi out of "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha".

Nanoha is practically Jesus and Chuck Norris combined in the Body of a Magical Girl. When she was nine, she became a Magical Girl through Alien Technology. The Aliens in Nanoha look like Humans and there are almost zero male Characters in the Series. Then Nanoha wanted to protect her Town with her new Powers and met Fate Testorossa, an evil magical Girl. Nanoha defeats her and Fate becomes her best Friend. From there on, Nanoha defeats numerous Enemys and makes almost everyone of them into a new Friend of hers. The strange Thing is, that Nanoha actually wants to become Friends with her Enemys by their first Encounters. Her Enemys call her crazy at first, but in the End, they are all on the Side of Nanoha. Nanohas Charisma-Score must be colossal. Fate becomes Nanohas deepest "Friendship". They live together in the same House, adopt a Girl together, share a bed together and are often holding hands and hugging each other. The Voice Actresses of Nanoha and Fate and almost the entire Fandom are convinced, that they are a Canon-Couple, but it was never official.

Pros:
    -Huge Magical Power. Nanoha can destruct Citys with her Magic.
    -A beautiful and very nice Girlfriend, if the Theories are true.
    -Dont have to deal with "Killing People"-Angst. Nanohas Actions make the Live for really everyone involved better and that makes her proud and happy.
    -Colossal Charisma-Score

Cons:
    -I would lose my Maleness.
    -If the Theorys aren't true, i would be a heterosexuell Woman stucking in a World full of Womans and would probably never have Sex in my whole Life.
    -There is the Possibility, that Fate and all the other former Enemys just stuck around with Nanoha because they dont want to be her Enemy again(Nanoha defeatet Fate, by tying her up and than hitting her with a City destroying Blast), which would make Nanohas Reliationship to Fate very unhealthy.

2. Yendred out of "Nuramon":

The german Novel "Die Elfen" from Bernhard Hennen ends with Nuramon as the last Elf on Earth. Since Humans cant use Magic and Nuramon is the only magical Creature on Earth, he and his Heirs have a Monopol on Magic, which is totally awsome. He marries the Human-Princess Daorumu and becomes three Children with her. The third Child is Yendred and has now not only the Magic-Monopol, but also a Royal Status and Wealth. While the first Child becomes a Master-Mage and the second Child becomes a Master-Fighter, Yendred becomes a Master-Mage and a Master-Fighter. But now comes the best Part. He grows up with two Human Girls, which become also Master-Fighters and builds a Love-Trio with them. No, not a Love Triangle where both Girls are fighting for him. It is a Relationship with three People. And the two Girls are not only tolerating each other, they want this Relationship and are also in Love with each other.

Pros:
    -Being a Master-Mage with a Monopol on Magic
    -Being a Master-Fighter
    -Having two beautiful and nice Girlfriends, that are also Master-Fighters
    -Being super rich, because of Royalty
    -Being almost immortal
    -The Girlfriend are also almost Immortal because of some Spells from the Family

Cons:
    -Being a Soldier and therefore dealing with the whole "Killing People"-Angst.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Having to deal with the Death of the older Brother

-Lets be realistic. There is a Chance, that the two Girlfriends don't love Yendred and are just together with him because of his Royalty and the Chance of Immortality.

3. A Metallic Dragon

Pros:
    -Near Immortality
    -High Physical and Magical Might
    -Being a Creature of pure Good

Cons:
    -Eventually dying throug a Battle
    -Probably a very lonely Life

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    Cons:
    -I would lose my Maleness.
    -If the Theorys aren't true, i would be a heterosexuell Woman stucking in a World full of Womans and would probably never have Sex in my whole Life.
    Spoiler: >implying implications
    Show
    >implying that "maleness" is tied to a swinging cod
    >implying that a girl couldn't actually have a rockin' swinging cod
    >implying that "theorys" and canon can't coexist thanks to the whole AU thing
    >"heterosexuell" Woman stuck with other "Womans" and would never have Sex
    >suggesting the other two personalities couldn't possibly make up for this one's potential orientation

Spoiler: Rejoice!
    Show
    If anything, combining Magical Girl Who Probably Doesn't Have a Donger with Guy That Probably Does Have a Donger would just result in you having both. So, y'know, rejoice.

Also, metallic dragons (at least the D&D kind) tend to have very fulfilling family lives. Unless you're in the Dragonlance universe. Then you're probably in for heartbreak.
    Last edited by Jaycemonde; 2014-11-17 at 03:53 PM.
    vape naesh

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I am not sure, if I understand everything in your Spoiler. Could you explain every Point from your Spoiler in more Detail for me.

If there are like Woman looking People with both in the Nanoha-Franchise, that would at least explain, why there is no Underpopulation with that much Woman. Or one Man is meeting with 10 Women every once in a while, to prevent Underpopulation.

Okay, then there are even more Pros for the Metallic Dragon. I am still not sure, who of the three I would want to be. Probably still Nanoha, because I really don't want to deal with the whole "Killing People"-Angst.

Edit: Wait. I think, that I understand your Spoiler now. You are saying, that I should combine all three of them. I thought, I had to choose. Then I would be a Shemale Magical Girl-Magic Fihter-Dragon with three Girlfriends(are the Girlfriends add up or the Overage of all three Choices in which case I would have One Girlfriend(1(Nanoha)+2(Yendred)+0(Metallic Dragon)/3). But wait, the Metallic Dragon can have a Wife(or more) on its own, which complicates the Issue). That wouldn't be so bad.

I still don't understand your third Point. I have included the Possibility, that the Theorys are true in my Pros, so I am not saying that Canon and Theorys cant co-exist. I am just saying, that there is the Possibilty, that the Theories are not Canon and Nanoha and Fate are just really close Friends.
    Last edited by AGD; 2014-11-17 at 04:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Let's take...

Terence, from Angry Birds. Cons: apparently immobile, but he still somehow manages to be wherever he needs to be. Pros: invincible and impervious.

The Oracle, from OOTS. Cons: occasional but impermanent death. Pros: he doesn't have to wait for comic updates.

For the third part, I'll keep my own life, problems and all, thank you so much. I can't think of any fictional family I'd be willing to trade mine for.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

22. - Top - End - #52
    Colossus in the Playground

Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor. I would be a freaking genius inventor, a master of all forms of business, and a detective so great people would be saying, "Sherlock Who?" Two good guys to balance the bad aspects of lex, a party animal nature from tony to counter the isolationism of bruce, and the self control of lex and bruce to counter tony and his hedonism.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cantalooping View Post
    Hmm, mine would be:

Sherlock Holmes (smart, observant, also quite decent in a fight)
    Commander Shepard (cause he/she is just that damn cool, hands down)
    Violet, from The Incredibles movie (invisiblity and force fields - why wouldn't I want them!)
    Other than the crippling shyness, cocaine addiction, and general dysfunctionality implied by these three they seem like decent choices.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd be good with Warrant Officer Schrodinger from Hellsing.

Anyone else want to round that out with suggestions for two others?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    I'd be good with Warrant Officer Schrodinger from Hellsing.

Anyone else want to round that out with suggestions for two others?
    Super Mario and Odin!
    Avatar by the one and only Ceika.
    "I'll be whatever I wanna do." - Philip J. Fry
    my fake wizard|my fake one-shot|my fake link

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Alone View Post
    Super Mario and Odin!
    Eh, most of Mario's stuff comes from items and power ups, so I think there are better options and which Odin? I mean, Schrodinger is a pretty good defensive option even for a Skyfather or above tier character (which most representations of Odin are, bare minimum), but I wasn't on a rush to spin galaxies on my finger tips for fun.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Blue Because if he can Skiddo than I can too.

Batman I want to be filthy rich. Best power.

Garlic Jr. I am short and wanna get all tall n beefy dawg.
    Last edited by Kodr; 2014-12-11 at 08:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kodr View Post
    Blue Because if he can Skiddo than I can too.
    Blue is a girl, just fyi.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Doctor. I'm a pretty big fan of time travel, close friendships, impossible science-fantasy, and saving the day with creativity and cunning instead of violence. Also, Regeneration seems like it could be pretty fun. Being stuck with the same face for eternity could get boring.

Gandalf. I get some magical powers to complement the Doctor's technical prowess, as well as the wisdom and restraint not to rely on them. Also, Gandalf tends to push people towards solving their own problems, instead of doing everything for them, so it would be a handy skillset to complement the Doctor's tendency of solving people's problems for them.

And Commander Shepard, because sometimes you just need to punch someone in the face. If things do take a turn for the violent, I'd like to have advanced weaponry, sweet power armor, the athletic figure necessary to look good in said armor, and 12+ true companions at my back. I actually think I'd pass on the Normandy- but I'd redecorate the interior of the TARDIS to look like it. I wonder if the elevator rides would take just as long in an infinite, structurally morphic pocket dimension?

The cons? I'd inherit all of the additional angst of being old and immortal from the Doctor and Gandalf.
    A Wizard is never early, and Mass Effect's plot moves at the speed of the Normandy, so even with a TARDIS at my fingertips, I wouldn't be able to get anywhere before the exact second people needed me to be there.
    I'd get a dirty dozen of awesome companions, but inherit all of their emotional baggage, personal issues, and relationship drama. On the bright side, between the Doctor and Shepard aspects, the chances of any of them permanently dying from anything but age or an incurable wasting disease are incredibly low. Actually, scratch that. At least one of them would permanently die in some kind of sadistic choice.

At some point, I'll more than likely end up dying horribly while performing a heroic sacrifice, but at least I'd get better. (Or reveal that I faked my own death with time travel and a shape-shifting robot.)

Still, I think the biggest inherent problem is that by becoming a gestalt of these three characters, I have doomed everything that is, was, or will be to at least a trilogy's worth (and at most, 813 episodes and counting) of back-to-back calamities.

But hey, I'd have a time machine, the Doctor's genius mind, Shepard's team and leadership skills, and Gandalf's ability to delegate. I'll take my chances.
    Check out my 5E Foraging/Alchemy Rules!

God help me, I've made a 5E Magical Girl and people liked it.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    Blue is a girl, just fyi.
    That is so completely irrelevant to whether or not somebody can Skiddo or whether or not someone identifies with them.
    vape naesh