New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Evil cleric needs help.

My level 12 cleric is trying to revive Myrkul and build a cult. He has convinced most of the other party members to at least pay lip service to this plan (1 exception). I'm trying to figure out a plan in case he is killed. Other members don't have raise or resurrect magic and are of limited trustworthiness anyway. There is no friendly temple he is aware of where he could pre-arrange such a service. Is there a known spell or ritual to accomplish this? Or any other ideas?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Evil cleric needs help.

Your best option is probably the Craft Contingent Spell feat, Complete Arcane (pg 77). It lets you cast a spell that will have its effects happen at a specific trigger. So, in your case, casting Revivify, with a trigger of "I die."
    Last edited by JBarca; 2014-10-29 at 04:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lichdom is always a decent option. So long as you can protect your phylactery you don't have to worry all that much.

4. - Top - End - #4

Bone Knight? You lose 1CL going in, but you gain most of the benefits of being Undead, get your own Steed for Mounted Combat, a spiffy suit of Armour and Weapon, and the Class Picture is so cool.

Edit: Point is to amass an army of Undead and to convert the living to your cause in exchange for their continued existence, I forgot to clear that up.
    Last edited by Threadnaught; 2014-10-29 at 07:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

You can always have a friendly/allied/paid for mage/wizard/sorc cast the Clone spell on you. :)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

All good suggestions, thanks. Lich is the ultimate goal yes, but until I can make that happen, maybe the contingent spell. Cloning is fun, but paranoia sets in - how can I be sure they won't just take my money then leave me for dead? (it's what he might do....)
    Will have to look at the Bone Knight thing.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Why go to a friendly temple? Trick a good aligned temple into trusting you, because you are obviously such a devoted cleric of Lathander. Bonus points if you can't trick a few people into falling after its revealed what horrible things you made them do.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Finwaell View Post
    You can always have a friendly/allied/paid for mage/wizard/sorc cast the Clone spell on you. :)

I second clone shenanigans,

OP, you mentioned you were building a cult, I am guessing you already have some form of super duper secret (evil guys only) base of operations that only you and your elititist elite know, right? cause if you don't then you're doing it all wrong

So, you want to have a back-up plan, do you? Well, heres my go-to solution. It can be expanded, its GitP's Motto, if you say its the best, 5 minutes later they show you something better, but this is a decent method nonetheless...

You will need:
    -Access to 9th level wizard/sorcerer spells (All SRD material)
    -Craft contingent spell (doesnt need to be you)
    -12000 gold (ring of continuous gentle repose) + 1500 (Clone)

Now then, you start off by securing a secret room, Scry-proof (Preferably in a remote location), inside a secret room warded with any scrying measures, all of this inside yet another larger secret room also warded from scry. You then cover this last room is any Detect magic measures and block the only door that accesses it with one of those large wall-rugs. Just in case.

where you enter it does not matter, all the anti magic measures are all you need.

inside the innermost room, you place an altar and cast clone on your body. you put the ring of continous gentle repose on it. now you have a corpse of yourself that will last for eternity, AND if you die, your soul goes into it.

Now we enter the even more paranoid ground, you use Craft Contingent spell to contingent the spell "Freedom" into your clone, with the activation being "when this body gains a soul". then you cast Imprison on the body while it is on the altar. so now, this body of yours has disappeared.

You are now set for life. If you ever die, you are now protected from literally anything short of "my DM doesn't want me to live and used Deus Ex stuff to make sure of it"
    <Insert funny quote from another poster here>
    I should probably get a better sig... ><

Hellfire Warlock/Eldritch Disciple:
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Feel the infernal power of POSITIVE ENERGY!