1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Mercenaries! (OOC)

Mmmk folks, nice to finally have an OOC up.

Now while all of you have backstories we haven't really pounded out the mercenary company or even the world yet so after you all check in with links to your characters and what color you'll be using for speaking why don't we try to flesh out the world a bit.

So far we have uncivilized lands to the north and south and a really old civilization that used to make warforged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowadly Griffo
    I have known some cats in my day, but never one that could maintain Exalted feats.
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

Thankyou Raven for the brain-bleach worthy avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mercenaries! (OOC)

Tallin checking in. He will speak in dark slate grey. There are some minor geographical features listed in his background: Blueleaf Forest, Fescue Plains, and Brightsand Desert, as well as the town of Foamspring, which he left a few years ago.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV.

Who made my awesome Dwarf Hexblade avatar, you ask? BRC did!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

NecromancerGuy

Sophia will speak in dark orchid. If someone has a name to offer for the "unsettled lands" or the forest therein, it would be much appreciated, as I am terrible with names. Haha.

Anywho, the unsettled lands are mostly overrun by a dense and dark forest, with a cool-to-temperate climate for most of the year. The winters can be rather harsh in some areas. The northeastern lands are more mountainous, and the southern and western borders give way to gently rolling plains for a several days' worth of travel before roads and small hamlets begin to pop up. Farms may or may not be beginning to appear across the plains.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

This is Demetrius. I don't have a clue how to change the colour of my text, so help there would be appreciated. I found out. I'll use green. The only real geographical part of my backstory was Greenrock Forest, but given that it's a hidden settlement of elves I doubt it'll come up.
    Last edited by Dr Mushroom; 2014-10-30 at 07:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Davra, checking in. Grey's taken, so I think I'll go with Maroon as a decent substitute for blood-red.

As far as world pieces go, I've got an unnamed city somewhere in the civilized lands. Perhaps towards the centre, built in the shadows of the old civilization. And the Church of the Iron Tide, but that's more social than geographic.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Brute checking in, with Cyan as my color, assuming no objection.

In addition, I believe I'v established some cold mountains in the southern part of the land ripe with giants and dangerous woodland around it. Safe to say there is a bit of farmland/settlements in the area to help the Barbarians of said mountains to live off more than meat.
    Last edited by Cymakara; 2014-10-31 at 11:01 PM.
    "Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by those who bid him farewell."

7. - Top - End - #7

Ok so I think that the "civilized" area can be right between the two "uncivilized" areas. The precise borders of these areas change from year to year. You know, a barbarian tribe makes an incursion this year, a new hamlet gets made the next and so on and so forth.

Besides that it looks like we have enough of the world plotted out.

Anyone have an idea for the name of the mercenary group?
    I have known some cats in my day, but never one that could maintain Exalted feats.
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

8. - Top - End - #8

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BassWalker View Post
    ...as I am terrible with names.
    :D

On a serious note, I still need to know what sorts of creatures will be appearing so that I can pick some appropriate favored enemies. Such as, there are few casters, so I assume that constructs wouldn't appear, but what about undead? Ooze?

Cymakara, I would think it depends on how much Brute is going to speak, but cyan might be a little too light to read comfortably. That's just my two coppers, though.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BassWalker View Post
    :D

On a serious note, I still need to know what sorts of creatures will be appearing so that I can pick some appropriate favored enemies. Such as, there are few casters, so I assume that constructs wouldn't appear, but what about undead? Ooze?

Cymakara, I would think it depends on how much Brute is going to speak, but cyan might be a little too light to read comfortably. That's just my two coppers, though.
    Given his grasp of the common language is minor, he won't be speaking a lot, or atleast full words, but I'll use a darker blue if necessary.

Probably want to through in the usual badlands area too, the area no man dare venture near for one reason or another.
    "Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by those who bid him farewell."

10. - Top - End - #10

You'll be facing mainly humanoids and animals, not a whole lot of outsiders or undead or anything of that like.
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

11. - Top - End - #11

NecromancerGuy

Alright. I've changed her FE to Human and Animal, which makes more sense with her background, anyways.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Posting to confirm whether this game is still going forward.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV.

Who made my awesome Dwarf Hexblade avatar, you ask? BRC did!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Seconding Amphetryon's question.

14. - Top - End - #14

Yeah, sorry guys, I've been busy as Hell with work lately. Give me a day or two to write up the IC
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

15. - Top - End - #15

Ok my computer isn't letting me hyperlink but IC IS UP http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...7#post18387557
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

16. - Top - End - #16

uuuoouu look this ooc thread! it is so shine hahahha .