New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Skullgirls in the Playground: Would anyone be interested?

This is an idea that I've had for awhile but I have always hesitated with enacting it because...well...I'm not sure how many people are aware of this game or if there is sufficient interest in it to do a free form game set in the Skullgirls universe. Now, I do have a lot of ideas for a game like this, both for setting it up and playing in it, but before I do the work for such a game...well...I wanna be sure that there is enough interest in the idea to warrant the work!

So, if you think a Skullgirls free-form roleplay would be fun, chip in! If I see enough other people interested (at least four since most people will probably play multiple characters) then I'll post up more helpful stuff such as general rules, setting information, and an example character. Y'know, stuff of that nature. To head off potential questions, it is going to hold to the Skullgirls setting rather closely in the basic details such as 'while anyone could pursue the Skull Heart or Skull Girl, only a woman can actually make a wish on it', 'Skull Girls will probably be some of the most powerful characters around', and 'Corruption, crime families, government conspiracies, and secret labs abound'.

So...y'know...lemme know if you would be interested in playing a fast paced, chaotic, art deco setting where girls with Lovecraftian superpowers fight for a wish-fulfilling (and corrupting) Macguffin. I hope to hear from plenty of people~!
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2014-11-01 at 01:58 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skullgirls in the Playground: Would anyone be interested?

I'd be up for participating.

One thing I'd address would be whether the characters from the game are allowed to be played here or not.

I'm good either way, really. I like coming up with characters for various things. But, if we do allow the use of the actual characters, we'll probably have to come up with some rules for that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I would say 'no' to avoid any sort of favoritism or anything of the sort. Besides, part of the fun of these is having everyone using their own unique characters and bouncing off one another! After all, between humans, ferals, gigans, dagonians, robots, Living Weapon users, Parasite-bearers, Theons, and lab experiments there is so much room to make characters I don't think anyone should need to use the canon characters as anything more then a base for their own characters.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's what I figured, but it's always good to make these sort of things certain. Just in case.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    That's what I figured, but it's always good to make these sort of things certain. Just in case.
    It was a good point to bring up and I'm glad that you did. Now fly my pretty, fly and find other interested souls!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to go ahead and guess that there isn't anymore interest which is a shame. Still, had to check!