New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Gaiden: Operation Burning Hearts!

Yoshiro stares, unable to do anything as the Black Knight leaps off with Misaki, the latter looking with a helpless gaze at Yoshiro as she's mostly caught off guard. He ducks under the table... and considers his options.

The brave thing to do would be to challenge this possible Moto, no matter how erratically he was acting.

The brave thing to do would be to stand up and 'save' Misaki.

The brave thing to do would be not to care whether this is not what it seems, and press forward.

It would also be extraordinarily stupid. They're in a war, a war which Yoshiro is hideously under-equipped to fight in. At best, it is some kind of silly setup. At worst, the Moto clan truly did infiltrate this dinner and perhaps sent someone who is slightly melodramatic, but accomplished in capturing an extremely valuable and dangerous Moto asset.

Yoshiro, perhaps in some situations, could have been encouraged to be brave. This was not one of those situations. Without hesitation, he flips the table to its side, pulls out his cell-phone and dials Chuck. Perhaps he might've called Hasunaga? But truly, he didn't know the man yet, and though his meetings have not been extended, he has spoken with Chuck in the attempt to uncover the Moto conspiracy.

Whether it goes to voice mail or Chuck picks up immediately, Yoshiro speaks fast.

"Anderson, there is a possible Moto agent at the Avalon Medieval Dinner at [address], if you cannot get here in one minute, I have to release Misaki's limiters. Move, now!" With that, he hangs up and considers... then yells from behind the table, getting ready to roll in the case of any arrows hitting it.

"Is that all you want, 'Black Knight'? To take Shizuka? Well, I'm afraid I can't allow that."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    ...Really should've quit while you were ahead, Kuroi.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Chuck had been relaxing happily in an armchair in the Kuzonoha library.

They had a lot of books.

Then his phone rang, and by the time he fumbled it out of his pockets it was on voicemail. He recognized the number, frowned, and listened to the message.

About 5 seconds later he was well on his way to "outside of the compound", and had his gauntlets shining with crimson power. Good thing he kept an emergency supply of Ginto and Seele Schneider on his person!

The real question was if he'd make it in time.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Bah. You're still fitting snugly within the confines of my plan.

"Oh my! It looks like the good lord of the Foxes will not let this besmirching of his Lady's honor go unpunished!"

"You want the girl, boy? Then you'll have to take her from me!"

"It's a good old-fashioned duel, folks! The king has decided upon jousting to settle this situation!! Does the champion of the Foxes stand a chance?!"

A number of staff members quickly come to Yoshiro's side to help him "suit up".

His backup is still far, but he does have one distinct advantage. Whoever this Black Knight is, he's still playing by the 'rules' of this charade. Yoshiro can count on that to buy him some time.

He's just gotta... hold out long enough.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro's eye twitches as he holds off the staff. He's hiding behind a table, for pity's sake! The chances this was an actual Moto were lowering, but he didn't feel like taking chances nonetheless.

"I'm afraid you made a mistake in assuming she was a lady you could take, Knight." Fourty more seconds.

"Why don't you stop this charade and walk away?" Thirty-five.

Misaki, in the meanwhile, is harboring a blank stare, going through her mental database of every single Moto agent. Or at least, the ones she knew of. For now she couldn't effectively fight. But she just had to hold out.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

"Now where's the fun in that?"

The Knight smiled a scoundrel's smile. The kind that one might see in a really cheesy movie.

That's when Misaki realized: he couldn't actually be a Moto agent. Sure, she recognized the face easily enough. But real agents wouldn't dally like this. He would've ACTUALLY taken the opportunity that Yoshiro threw his way in casual conversation and poofed with her if that were the case.

(Hell, she would actually be bound if that were the case. Spiritual shackles wouldn't be seen by anyone.)

"Come now. I await you in the battlefield. Or are you not her knight?"

...why are Momoko's words as well as Shiki's ringing so damn loud in the back of his mind?

"Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady", "Guardian of a lady's heart", "a knight whom ought to stand up for his lady"...

She needs a hero!

Spoiler: For KD only
    Show
    Spoiler: Seriously, I mean it
    Show
    As soon as Chuck is within visual range of the Avalon Medieval Dinner building, he can sense another familiar spiritual signature not too far from the entrance.

It's... Toki? One of the Kuzunohas? He seems calm enough...
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2015-01-18 at 05:45 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro suddenly stands up, there was really no mistaking this for anything other than a ruse. No Moto could be this idiotic. But there were other things on his mind. As evident by his suddenly shouting out at the top of his lungs in bitter, unconstrained anger.

"ENOUGH!"

If that doesn't dispel the resonating words in his head, he's not sure what will. Walking out from behind the table, he leans over the balcony, glaring the knight down. Not that it's relevant anymore, but by now the minute he gave Chuck to arrive is up, but of course, the threat of needing to release Misaki's metaphorical bonds is no more.

"I have had enough of this, Kuzunoha! Whichever branch of the family you might come from! Would you like to know who is consistently proving counterproductive in this half-baked mission to attempt to get me close to Shizuka? YOU! Shiki! That pushy woman! I don't care how well you mean! You are pushing me into these ridiculous scenarios because, what, I'm not moving fast enough? I was enjoying this, until you felt the need to butt in with your own values and absurd tests!" Yoshiro swipes his hand irritably. "I am not a fighter! I will probably never be one! But I am done putting up with your nonsense! I will challenge you! But not because I am willing to kneel to your unreasonable standards! I am challenging you for the right to look after Shizuka's heart in the way I see fit! Even if I am defeated by your hollow ideals, I am done being bullied!"

Misaki stares upwards, a hue of pink in her cheeks as Yoshiro gestures the staff forward, and moves down for the stage, a palpable aura of indignation around him.

"Let her go, Knight. Shizuka is not some prize. To think of her as such, even in this charade, is a graver insult on her will and heart than anything I have done. I've answered your challenge. And I'm going to honor it."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-01-19 at 03:24 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

"That's more like it, boy."

As per Yoshiro's request, Shizuka is let go.

The Black Knight dismounts and gestures for the staff to bring him some weapons. A small selection of blades is his for the choosing.

"Choose, and fight. In respect to your wrath, I will not hold back."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: For Kuroi
    Show
    Chuck sees them. He doesn't care; Yoshiro hasn't called to say it's all clear, so Chuck's not going to stop until he's actually inside. On the plus side nothing on his person looks like a weapon!

Chuck had been fast before he went to train in Australia. After returning, he was even faster. So he was on the roof in a blur; he took note of various environmental factors but didn't stop to admire them or the like. Instead, he simply kept moving.

He was on the roof of the arena building less than 5 seconds after sighting the building.

He had opened a skylight and started dropping down 2 seconds after that.

He was landing in a dramatic crouch on the dusty floor behind Yoshiro right about when the Moto heir said "I am done being bullied!". The Australian youth slowly straightened up, looked around, and mimed dusting off his shoulders.

He cut a dramatic, oddly modern figure in his black armored outfit, goggles, and mask. But somehow, it worked. He walked up to just behind and to the right of Yoshiro, who seemed more assertive than usual, and spoke so only the other young man could hear.

"Here as backup if you need it. Will follow your lead."

His senses didn't stop scanning the area for threats.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Misaki moves nearby Chuck, nonetheless giving him some space, holding her hands in front of her mouth as Yoshiro advances, picking up a rather standard longsword and taking it up in both hands with a controlled stance. He had study, yes, but as far as practice...

Nonetheless, he wouldn't back down. He gives Chuck a silent nod before turning to the Knight. "...I am as ready as I will be."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

"We begin."

The Knight moves as promised. His sword has a bit of a reach advantage on Yoshiro's, but his first thrust is very much a probing one - it intentionally falls short by four inches or so. An experienced fighter would be able to tell from stance, arm length and sword length that this is a feint at best; an amateur would seek to block, perhaps riposte, and would fall equally short in reprieve - shorter in Yoshiro's case thanks to his reach disadvantage.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro does in fact move into a block, figuring his best option was to be defensive. But of course, when it turns out to be a feint, there is not a whole lot for him to do, and with a momentary wince of his facial muscles, he quickly tries to close the gap and throw the knight off balance by smacking his blade to the side.

Amateurish is definitely an apt description.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Perhaps, but his instinct is right. There are two things to do in such a situation - stay your ground or advance to use the split second your opponent would use to ready himself and strike again. Essentially, correcting the distance through footwork.

But the Knight has no intention of actually letting Yoshiro get that close. When the amateur steps forward, the Knight takes a half-step back, dodging the smack by a distance no greater than the difference in reach of their swords.

"I do hope you don't plan on fighting defensively. You'd run out of stamina before I did."

This is said with no tone of mockery or condescension. It is strictly matter-of-fact. He's right; Yoshiro's best bet would be to attack to the best of his ability. After all, his opponent is in a complete suit of armor, it must weigh a lot.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro holds back a grunt, realizing this to be true. But perhaps the knight was baiting him? Possible, but did it matter either way? He was at a reach and armor disadvantage. He knew enough to know that armor such as his would be nearly impervious to slashing, for him, so his weapon was ill-suited. But he could even this out, in a manner of speaking...

And so, Yoshiro steps forward, making a simple thrust for the Knight's right leg.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

His best bet was to go for the joints, or the spaces the plate couldn't cover. (Of course, Yoshiro had no way of knowing whether the armor was historically accurate or merely an elaborate prop. Possibly both.)

He couldn't tell that the Knight's sword, like his, was blunt. This was supposed to be a show, after all; it wouldn't do to draw real blood.

The thrust met with mixed success. Yoshiro manages to sink steel a little into his opponent's leg armor, but the plate manages to deflect some of the force from his thrust. It's a ding and a dent, little more.

His reward for such an effort is a step forward from his opponent, and a pommel strike aimed for his forehead. Never mind how much it would hurt if it hits; the Moto heir stands to be fairly disoriented if he doesn't dodge.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro's dodge is clumsy, and... he's clocked right to the ground.

...well then.

"YOSHI-KUN!" Misaki is just about to rush to him, when he puts up his hand to stop her, struggling to his feet.

The Knight has a perfect chance to go for a cheap blow while he's doing that. But maybe he doesn't. If not, Yoshiro stands, his blade shaking in his hand, and a red welt on the side of his head.

"...again."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

He's a knight.

Black or no, a cheap shot would be a mark on his honor.

"Stand up as many times as you can. I don't want you to have any regrets about this."

The Knight readies his sword once again and aims for Yoshiro's left shoulder. It's a fairly wide swing, however, so there is some time for him to set up a defense. Strength and leverage aren't as much of an issue there.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro successfully steps to the side of the blow, but it's close... and gritting his teeth, he takes advantage of the close quarters and swings for the Knight's helmet, aiming to disorient him by slamming the metal with blunt force.

Of course, he leaves himself hideously open in the course of it.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

For his trouble, he gets a prompt foot to the stomach as Yoshiro raises his sword. Too slow, unfortunately.

Second time in this brief exchange he's forgotten the Knight's not fighting only with his blade, though this one is a bit more of a direct reminder. They're a bit too close for another swing; if Yoshiro isn't floored again, the knight might go for the pommel once more as soon as his foot touches the ground.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro sees spots as the wind is knocked out of him, but he's still up, staggering back... and hit cleanly by the pommel blow, his vision black for just a moment as he falls back to the ground.

This time, Misaki doesn't hold back, dropping near Yoshiro... but again he holds his hand up as he pushes himself on his elbows, head swimming, pounding, and buzzing. He really wasn't cut out for this stuff. Misaki knits her face in concern as she looks him over.

"Yoshi-kun, you don't have to do this. You don't... have to fight for me, or your pride, or for anything at all. I'll fight for you, you know that! I don't want to see you getting hurt..."

Yoshiro lets out a dry chuckle, wiping a dab of blood from his lip. "I know I don't, and this is completely and utterly pointless and stupid. But I'm still going to do it."

Misaki sighs. "...but why?" Yoshiro lifts himself up to a sitting position, taking a breath. He had a red mark on the opposite side of his head, now, and a small trickle of blood from his mouth; nothing serious, just an unavoidable risk of physical confrontation such as this. Despite the pounding in his head, he manages a slight smirk as he stands, picking up his blade and ushering her back with one hand.

"Because I am the one that is supposed to look after you. Not Kuzunoha Shiki." He turns fully to the Knight as Misaki backs up, her hands now folded over her chest, feeling the beating in her ribcage, with a pink hue on her cheeks.

"Again."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

"I knew I was right to put my faith in you, Moto Yoshiro.

COME! As many times as you stand, so shall I reply!"

By this point there is a distinct murmur in the audience. They're obviously confused by this turn of events... but no one tries to get in the way. If anyone called the cops, they sure aren't showing up.

Yoshiro clearly loses count of how many times he's floored, though by this point the Knight has at least ceased to abuse his skull. He sticks to glancing blows and dodges, using Yoshiro's own momentum against him.

The narrator goes silent for the duration.

"Your resilience and your will to stand back up are to be admired. So is your nobility of purpose, and your heart.

For this alone I concede the moral victory to you. "

At this point the narrator begins to speak once more.

"What grueling spectacle, lords and ladies! It seems the Fox Knight will not stand down! Truly remarkable! Such nobility!

Oh, what is this?"

The curtains on a small stage open above the King's throne, and from within steps a lady dressed in something that looks like the cross of a Valkyrie's armor and a miko's dress. A song begins to play as the narrator starts again.

"What is this?! It looks like the Fox Knight's bravery has drawn out the goddess of victory! WHO WILL THIS FICKLE MAIDEN SMILE UPON?!"

The lights go out as a spotlight flickers between the two. Yoshiro can feel his tiredness and pain fade as one of the Kuzunoha field strengthening spells empowers him. The crowd cheers for the "Fox Knight".

"Come at me, Yoshiro! Show me your mettle! Let this be testament to your will!!"

The Knight charges. Even with this advantage, the difference is too great. Yoshiro cannot win.

But will this keep him from trying?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro looks on the 'goddess of victory' with... okay, that is not a happy expression.

He was beginning to tire out from this, his pessimism was roaring to stop being a macho idiot and give it up, his knees were sore, his head was screaming, he probably sprained a few muscles and fractured a few bones and if anything he wanted to be knocked out to some degree.

The sound of the last straw landing on his patience and sending it crashing to the ground reverberates through his mind as he looks on the Jack Frost that is Shinhee in drag. Goddess of Victory, his ass. His eyes imply a look of 'I am so done with this' as he turns back to the charging Knight and...

Just chucks his sword. At the knight's head.

Well that's a bold strategy. He hasn't moved, just preparing for the incoming continued beat down. He's almost just short of giving up out of spite.

...Misaki herself has just sort of dropped her hands, looking at Shinhee awkwardly, the pink drained out of her face and a look of utter embarrassment at this situation replacing her fond regard for Yoshiro. It seems she was tiring of the nonsense as well.

...Just no winning with these two, is there?
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

To his surprise, the Knight takes the sword on the head, full-on, and just kinda stumbles his way to the ground. He IS actually unconscious - apparently, the sword's pommel struck him right on the nose, smashing in the bridge and bringing him to swift unconsciousness as he banged his head on the floor, helmet and all.

He simply didn't expect Yoshiro to throw the freakin' sword.

Because of the flickering lights, nobody really saw exactly what happened except for the couple, which is why the crowd goes wild.

Of course, the couple is more than welcome to simply exit stage left towards the parking lot...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro stands there, dumbfounded.

"What."

Misaki also stands dumbfounded. Then, the crowd cheers, snapping her out of her reverie. She looks up, then down to Yoshiro... a wide smile growing on her face as she rushes the man, charging him with a not-quite tackle hug. "YOSHI-KUN! You did it! You... you were amazing!" There was no condescension here, just genuine joy.

Yoshiro just stares at the fallen knight. "...............What."

No fleeing, just yet, if the Kuzunoha still had more in mind.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-01-22 at 09:40 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Chuck blinked. Then he blinked again.

<Huh. Ain't that a thing?>

He turned and regarded the young couple, his mask crinkling with a smile.

"They say the world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best swordsman. He fears the world's worst swordsman, because he has no clue what the crazy ****er is going to do."

He gives Yoshiro a nod of respect.

"Nice job, in other words."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: For the record
    Show
    Had Yoshiro actually tried to meet the Knight's charge, he would have been floored, and the Knight would act out a delayed injury so he "fell unconscious standing up".

This is my way of saying "you've ruined my plans for the last time".

Aside from an enthusiastic standing ovation and the Narrator's overly enthusiastic work, there is nothing preventing them from leaving. Not this time.

Being members of the Kuzunoha themselves, the staff explains that Yoshiro can have his wounds tended to at the arena backstage or back at the compound. It's their choice.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro still seems to be in slight shock as Misaki wraps her arms around one of his. He's not even objecting!

"...come on, Yoshi-kun! The crowd's cheering! There's only one thing for you to do still, ride away into the horizon!" She giggles as she makes this comparison, still in that somewhat childish manner. It might creep Chuck out a bit, like there was a fracture in her personality. It certainly seems like his assessment about her was correct.

Yoshiro can't even begin to process this, just baffled. "...um... yes. Sure. That." He begins to move slightly, but Misaki helps him limp out to the parking lot, making their dramatic exit.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

The car is waiting for them, naturally. (Chuck is also offered a ride.)

[Back at the compound]

Doc Tobioka is perfectly ready to take care of Yoshiro's injuries; he seems to take a mixed approach of spell use and conventional medicine this time, but doesn't comment on much of anything specific. According to him, the worst Yoshiro has is a bit of swelling on his head which would go down in a couple of days (though if he feels nausea or headaches, he should consult with the doc again). No actual fractured ribs or anything. Sure, he FEELS like he's been run over by a truck, but is mostly just bruised here and there.

On the way out the door, the couple runs into Momoko... whom has a rather large band-aid over the bridge of her nose. She simply smiles and bows a bit, not willing to intrude on the couple... no more than she has already tonight, anyway.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshiro sits through the examination without much complaint, head still buzzing.

Misaki herself sits nearby, her heart pounding as opposed to her head. He stood up for her. He admitted he was enjoying himself. He acknowledged his 'responsibility' in a manner that wasn't out of obligation. And so many other things. As she helps Yoshiro out, the man offering a quiet thanks to the doctor, she has a small, meek smile on her face.

Yoshiro doesn't notice the bandage, but Misaki does, her brow knitting for a moment... but she doesn't comment, just moving onward to their room. As she slides the door open, then helps him towards the couch, he holds his hand to the side, stopping her.

"...this once, I think you can help me onto the bed, Shizuka." It would be quite lazy to say that words can't describe how quickly Misaki's smile grew at that, so we'll give it a shot. To say that her smile showed the inner workings of her emotions, that change could be compared to a rocket shooting into space. However, this would not be correct, for the rocket would surely be outpaced, and she would surely be to the moon by the time the rocket broke through the atmosphere.

She says nothing, gingerly helping him slide over, still in his dress clothes admittedly, but he didn't seem too inclined to wrestle his way out of them just yet. For a moment, she just stands there, unsure of what to do, but just basking in the moment regardless.

"...d-do you need anything... Yoshi-kun?"

Yoshiro thinks for a moment, rubbing his temple as he fights off exhaustion. "...if you could check with Yuuta and make sure they didn't tie him up or anything, that would be wonderful." With a simple nod, she makes for the door, standing on the other side for a few moments as she slides it closed again.

Misaki could not ask for a more amazing night. Maybe, just maybe... there was some actual hope that one day, Yoshiro could love her. The night plays out in her head, the highlights shining out to her like beacons in a storm. Not a storm one needed to fear. A storm of warm rain, where one could simply stand looking up to the heavens, the sheets of falling droplets rolling over like a gentle embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Yoshiro... actually does have to put in some active effort to avoid gaping. As is, his stance stiffens to avoid any improprieties, being as formal as he can manage... but his eyes are still locked on Misaki, a pink hue in his cheeks. There's an awkward pause where he's not sure if she's going to say something first, or if he's supposed to.

Misaki is a bit more noticeably pink, with an embarrassed smile as Yoshi can't help but stare at her. "...Yoshi-kun." The break in the silence snaps him out of his temporary frozen state. He sputters a bit at first, but then breathes, and regains his composure.

"Shizuka. A... erm." Well that didn't last long. "An excellent ch-choice."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "Well, well. The two of you make a nice couple." Momoko comments absent-mindedly.

"Why don't you two take a picture to remember this moment by? Here, dear, hold his hand." The motherly woman reaches to bring the two a little closer, chastely holding each other's hands as she pulls a camera before they can truly react.

"Smile!"

Click!
    "...it really fits you, Yoshi-kun. You look..." She thinks for a moment. "...Royal?" She covers her mouth in a girlish giggle, Yoshiro working up a slight blush again... when Momoko suddenly pulls Misaki to her feet and pushes them together, snapping a picture.

Misaki is caught by surprise, her expression one with her eyes slightly widened, and her mouth held slightly neutral, with the vague impressions of a smile.

Yoshiro is just completely aghast. Overall it's a pretty silly picture.

"...h-hold on now, don't be so pushy! I thought this night was for relaxing, not putting me on a leash to pull me around!" For a moment while he's lightly chastising Momoko, the hand he was holding Misaki's in lowers to his side... with Misaki's still in it. He hardly notices until Misaki gives his hand a light squeeze, and he looks over. Then down, then up, losing his train of thought. "N-now wait a minute..."
    The car ride is... quiet, really, Yoshiro feeling awkward enough at this whole thing and Misaki being nervous.

Yoshiro sighs slightly, but conforms to the expectation. He's starting to think Yuuta may not, in fact, come here. He steps into the night air, and holds his hand out. Misaki stares at it for a bare second before taking it gingerly and following Yoshiro... at which point, he does what he feels is slightly daring, but socially appropriate, and links his arm with hers. His expression is... admittedly neutral, but she looks like, for a brief moment, that she could simply melt on the spot. She doesn't. But her smile is hard to top and her cheeks are once again aflame.

The pair walk into the building without much more ceremony, Yoshiro giving a nod to the driver before moving along. His inner monologue is... conflicted.

With a sigh, he fights off the negativity. Whatever the outcome... he should try to keep an open, light mind. Misaki looks up to him with slight confusion at the sudden sigh. "...is something wrong, Yoshi-kun?"

"...no, just... wrestling with my inner pessimism, I suppose. I would... like to enjoy tonight." With that, she nods slightly, smiling again as they press onward to see whatever this night will hold.
    "...That was nice of you, Shizuka." Misaki looks up, awed at Yoshiro's approval. "I wasn't aware you had such a matured sense of cuisine, I'll admit."

Misaki gives a sheepish smile in response. "...I learned a lot of things from my father, and your mother. For reasons you don't like, but... that doesn't bother you, does it?"

"...It doesn't. The reasons they taught you these things shouldn't matter, for all the faults in your teaching, you have a base of social skills that is quite impressive. I simply would like you to understand that after all this is over... you can adapt, you don't need to justify it with death or a political advantage. You can simply be yourself."

Misaki bites her lip. "...I'm not sure I know who 'myself' is. I've pretended to be so many people, and catered to your mother so much that I don't even know if I have hobbies or anything... me."

"...I am sure you'll find something, Shizuka. You're quite smart."
    Misaki claps enthusiastically, leaning on the rail and looking to Yoshiro with a smile before looking back to the performance. Yoshiro tries to smile back, but a sudden rush of thought hits him.

Misaki turns to him again, her mood dampened but not extinguished, as the jousting match is still going through the preparations. "You didn't have to come here if you didn't want to, Yoshi-kun... but I'm glad you did." She pauses. "...does that mean, maybe, that you wanted to come? Even though you didn't know what would happen, if we'd have anything to talk about or whether Shiki-san would set up more ridiculous things for us..."

Yoshiro blushes a subtle red, scratching behind his head for a moment. "I... uh, erm..." While he was struggling to answer the question, his body language was betraying how he really felt, that yes, he was enjoying this and maybe to some degree, he wanted to be here.

Misaki just smiles a bit wider and turns back to the match.
    Yoshiro suddenly stands up, there was really no mistaking this for anything other than a ruse. No Moto could be this idiotic. But there were other things on his mind. As evident by his suddenly shouting out at the top of his lungs in bitter, unconstrained anger.

"ENOUGH!"

If that doesn't dispel the resonating words in his head, he's not sure what will. Walking out from behind the table, he leans over the balcony, glaring the knight down. Not that it's relevant anymore, but by now the minute he gave Chuck to arrive is up, but of course, the threat of needing to release Misaki's metaphorical bonds is no more.

"I have had enough of this, Kuzunoha! Whichever branch of the family you might come from! Would you like to know who is consistently proving counterproductive in this half-baked mission to attempt to get me close to Shizuka? YOU! Shiki! That pushy woman! I don't care how well you mean! You are pushing me into these ridiculous scenarios because, what, I'm not moving fast enough? I was enjoying this, until you felt the need to butt in with your own values and absurd tests!" Yoshiro swipes his hand irritably. "I am not a fighter! I will probably never be one! But I am done putting up with your nonsense! I will challenge you! But not because I am willing to kneel to your unreasonable standards! I am challenging you for the right to look after Shizuka's heart in the way I see fit! Even if I am defeated by your hollow ideals, I am done being bullied!"

Misaki stares upwards, a hue of pink in her cheeks as Yoshiro gestures the staff forward, and moves down for the stage, a palpable aura of indignation around him.

"Let her go, Knight. Shizuka is not some prize. To think of her as such, even in this charade, is a graver insult on her will and heart than anything I have done. I've answered your challenge. And I'm going to honor it."
    "Yoshi-kun, you don't have to do this. You don't... have to fight for me, or your pride, or for anything at all. I'll fight for you, you know that! I don't want to see you getting hurt..."

Yoshiro lets out a dry chuckle, wiping a dab of blood from his lip. "I know I don't, and this is completely and utterly pointless and stupid. But I'm still going to do it."

Misaki sighs. "...but why?" Yoshiro lifts himself up to a sitting position, taking a breath. He had a red mark on the opposite side of his head, now, and a small trickle of blood from his mouth; nothing serious, just an unavoidable risk of physical confrontation such as this. Despite the pounding in his head, he manages a slight smirk as he stands, picking up his blade and ushering her back with one hand.

"Because I am the one that is supposed to look after you. Not Kuzunoha Shiki." He turns fully to the Knight as Misaki backs up, her hands now folded over her chest, feeling the beating in her ribcage, with a pink hue on her cheeks.

"Again."
    There is no doubt, every detail would be stored in the vault of her mind. Even the silly parts, because they paved way to some that would define the night. Her heart pounding, she lets out a contented sigh as she turns and walks to the adjacent room that is Yuuta's, and prepares to knock...

Before she freezes.

The Kuzunoha's rooms were well-warded against sound to the common ear, but Misaki's were trained to be a notch above them. What's more, Yuuta's voice was quite deep, so it was hard to miss when he was speaking. Misaki is not quite sure what is giving her pause, but she holds off on knocking for a moment. He could simply be speaking with one of the Kuzunoha, in which case it would be rude to interrupt.

Her smile fades and her eyes blank as her mind slips back into its usual processes. True, it was questionable ethics to snoop. And it could be possible it is nothing... but she slowly, silently leans in, putting her ear against the frame of the door and focusing on listening in. While it is hard to fully parse every word with her ears, her mind quickly pieces together the likely fragments.

"They went to some kind of dinner, but the place is probably swarming with Kuzunoha. All's quiet."

Then, her brain races as a distorted voice responds. It was likely being masked. "...very well. Keep your eyes open. And report any new information. Ending transmission in 5 seconds."

"Will do." There's some rustling and movement inside, then all goes quiet. Misaki pulls back, staring at the door blankly.

There were really few other conclusions to this. And those others were farfetched at best, calculated at a very low likelihood. There was no emotion in this conclusion, however the possibility did create a cry to simply go inside and snap Yuuta's neck now, which of course provoked the ire of the sanctuary in giving her a throbbing headache. No. She would not do that. She had to gather evidence.

Evidence that Yuuta was a spy for Satomi.

She knocks calmly, letting some false emotion seep into her expression, faking one of calm muted bliss. Yuuta is at the door in a few moments, looking down on her neutrally.

"Ah, you're back. Yoshiro tuckered out?"

"Yes, it was quite a night. You should have been there." She offers a slight smile.

"...well, they told me about it, but figured I should sit back. Not much to argue." He chuckles, scratching the back of his head.

"...Yoshiro enjoyed himself. He asked me to check up on you, so... it seems you're fine. Good night." She turns to leave, Yuuta shrugging and sliding the door closed.

The entire time, Misaki was analyzing his motions. There were subtleties there that suggested he was worried about her having heard. Why would he be so nervous? Another point of contention. What is more, there were hints of smoke in the air. She knew all too well the tools of Moto operatives, and one such tool were smoke devices that muffled out bugs. These devices could easily be masked as cigars. She wouldn't wake Yoshiro with this. This was her mission now. She couldn't risk tipping him, and thus Satomi, off.

((Just editing this in: Would prefer for this to keep between Misaki and Yuuta. That is all! I think this is a good stopping point, however.))
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-01-23 at 01:28 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!