New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: The Value of a Life Campaign

I suppose you're right, Xanthax.

Adriana stands up from being bent over Karath's body. She draws her wings around her body, bows her head, and murmurs softly in Draconic

Those of particularly sharp ears will hear her say
    Spoiler: Murmured
    Show
    May your soul find rest in whatever afterlife awaits you, and be at peace knowing that I, that we, will find who did this, and stop it from happening to another. Go now friend, onto your next journey

She stands there in silence for a moment or two, then raises her head, puts her wings and shoulders back, and begins searching the apartment.

Search=33 (Take 20)
    Last edited by Logain Ablar; 2014-11-16 at 03:38 PM.
    "I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One"

Elysia Wind-Dancer

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Kix remains rooted in place, wracking its brain for any further knowledge of the Gnaritans.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ymelon paces back and forth in frustration, unable to fight as he normally does in response to trouble. I am no priest either. Celestial I may be, but I know little of rituals for the dead. Death is meant for enemies, not friends.

To Kix he asks "The naritans transfer knowledge, you said. Do you know if they must be physically retrieved by the perpetrator?"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

"This is truly an esoteric foe. Allow me a moment to collect my thoughts as I ponder this question..." Kix replies slowly, as she considers this angle as well.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Daegal-Rael does not take Karath's passing well. the rage it once expressed is quickly turned inward; Karath was his patron and died in his presence. If anything he should have realized the severity of the problem much earlier; abandoning his innate talents in favor of propagating life and happiness may have been Karath's will, but it certainly did nothing in the gith's time of need.

It takes the Yuan-Ti only a few seconds to cast dark magic upon the corpse, imposing his will and power where others could not. A spectral shadow connects the two for a moment

"You will rise as you should be. I will ensure it."
    Spoiler
    Show
    --
    Daegal casts Gentle Repose on Karath using his ghostly Visage familiar's ability to deliver touch spells to avoid actually touching the body.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dungeonmaster

You don't know whether they transfer or how they work, sadly. Also, upon inspection of the area--you find a crumpled up note.

Spoiler: Note
    Show

"Friends of Karath,

Know this and know it well. This is no game--certainly not one for worms such as you. Leave this place and forget the Gith, lest your fate be far worse.

~Lady Symaron"

Last edited by Zalphon; 2014-11-05 at 08:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Please, being of power, take him out this door. Take care not to burn him. At least leave his body ready for a possible resurrection.." in Giant, as command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Oh come on I'm optimising so that I can be a truenamer who largely hits things with a stick.
    The views of my PbP characters cannot be assumed, in any way, to reflect upon mine.
    Will be gone with low/no Internet access from 10/17 to 10/26.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by copycatcat View Post
    "Please, being of power, take him out this door. Take care not to burn him. At least leave his body ready for a possible resurrection.." in Giant, as command.
    ((You can control your own creatures.))

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Zalphon View Post
    ((You can control your own creatures.))
    ((Was roleplaying command.))
    Oh come on I'm optimising so that I can be a truenamer who largely hits things with a stick.
    The views of my PbP characters cannot be assumed, in any way, to reflect upon mine.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess we have our name. Does anyone have any idea who this Lady Simaron may be?", Xanthax ask after reading the note twice, "I have some divinations I can try tomorrow. If anyone.wants to join and find out who and why they it to Karath, please let me know. Those who dont care or dont want to take part just walk away".
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

11. - Top - End - #101

"I will. Giant, once the body's out of here, come back in the shack, and stand at the door. Don't let the others out, we need discussion here."
    Last edited by copycatcat; 2014-11-05 at 09:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

A voice can be heard from outside and a hand starts to push the door's curtain, "Sorry, I'm late. I had a client that wanted a couple hours." To Shava's surprise it's usage is already filled to capacity by a giant. Taking note of what it's carrying they step out of the way. "Oh, Karath is already dead."

A few inches taller than Cenelea stands a freckled women with black and red hair. Confusingly enough those with truesight see can an image of the redhead imposed over another image that looks exactly the same over the image of a man.

Lightly waving, "Hello, I'm Shava. Are you Karath's friends? I'd like to join your adventure."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

"Hold on! Why are you taking his body outside? I don't intend to let it out of my sight because it might be that the murderer will need to retrieve the goo to learn his memories" Ymelon says.

"As for the name, it could easily be there to mislead us. We must look into it, of course."

He casts detect evil on the newcomer, and follows the giant.
    Last edited by kinem; 2014-11-05 at 09:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

They make a slightly troubled face as Ymelon cast his spell then go back to the cheery mood they were in. "I understand given the situation. That was still a rather unfriendly greeting. It would have been rude enough to ask, but it's even ruder to try to force the answer out of me. Not that you asked, I am what you seek."

Switching topics, "Wow, you have a name already. Everyone works so fast. This might be a short adventure."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"If no one mind,I'll keep custody of the corpse", Xanthax say approaching the once gith and swallow him whole.

"Whoever try to get to him will need to get through me".

Spoiler: Hoard Gullet
    Show
    Extradimensional stomach!
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Adriana pales...

That may not have been the wisest decision Xanthax, with those naritans potentially still in the body. Cenelea, we do need to discuss, but this is likely not the best place. Surely someone here most have an abode in Sigil. A place slightly... larger than this? A place less exposed to unwelcome eyes and ears?
    Last edited by Logain Ablar; 2014-11-05 at 11:00 PM.
    "I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One"

Elysia Wind-Dancer

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"This stomach of mine is not my own so it wontbe a problem. As for a place to discuss... Given enough preparation I can take everyone to any plane of your choice".

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Another large creature exiting the building has Shava asking, "What else you have in there?"

They step back ten feet away from the dragon whenever he draws closer. "It'd seem I missed a lot. Someone will have to share with me later. My place is rather public and ill-suited for this crowd. I could suggest several doors if we're looking to leave Sigil, but if we just need a private place to chat I have an amorphous friend who could help.

If that giant doesn't mind I'd like to search Karath's place myself. If any clues were left by the murderer finding them could be considerably easier."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2014-11-05 at 11:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

A veritable menagerie, it seems.

Adriana says, stepping outside and stretching.

I already searched the place, though you are welcome to check behind me. I found only this note, left presumably as a warning to a group just such as us.

Adriana shows her the note with Lady Symaron's name. She then folds up the note, and it disappears from her hand.

Spoiler: Sleight of Hand Check
    Show
    1d20+16=25 Any spot check that matches or exceeds this will see her slip the folded note into a hidden pocket in her sashlinig
    Last edited by Logain Ablar; 2014-11-06 at 11:35 AM.

Elysia Wind-Dancer

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

"Feel free to search the place", the lammasu say, "Those who want to take place in finding out what happened, please come closer".

He then begin weaving a strange tapestry made out of silver lines who came from himself and nowhere. Those who gather close to him see him pulling strings of silver from their chesta as well and knitting they all together in handmade baby... Shoe? Mase of of... Silver lines?

" This thread will conect your life force to my own and will be a way for me to protect and enhance everyone as if we were all a single creature".

Spoiler: Eldritch Tapestry
    Show
    All living creatures who accept it will be part of his tapestry and so will be able to receive several buffs, healings and protections. Constructs and undead cant receive it.

I can have up to myself and 9 other creatures weaved in my tapestry.

He wont force anyone into accepting neither will try very hard to convince.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Sense Motive (23) to be sure Xanthax is on the up and up. And since ooc I know he istelling the truth, and not trying to bluff me, I assume that's enough

I hope you won't mind including my companion in that?

She gives a long high whistle. A golden shape dives down out of the sky. A cloud of dust is kicked up as pale wings flare at the last moment to arrest the dive. There is the sound of hooves striking the ground, and when the cloud clears, a palomino pegasus is stand next to her (colored like this, but with wings that match the mane and tail.

This is Bellona, my oldest living friend, now that Karath has passed. She has been my companion and my steed through more trouble than I care to recall.

She whispers to the pegasus in Celestial That was a rather melodramatic entrance don't you think?

Bellona nickers and tosses her head.
    Last edited by Logain Ablar; 2014-11-06 at 11:39 AM.

Elysia Wind-Dancer

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

"To answer your question, Ymelon, I am unsure precisely how the Gnaritans transfer their knowledge, and containing them before they escape is likely paramount." Its considerations done, the gaunt humanoid with the mask considers the rest of the happenings -- the giant, the new-comer, and the swallowing of the corpse. At the mention of privacy, Kix speaks up again in her gentle and methodical voice. "Allow me to forge us an extradimensional hideaway where we can discuss our situation. I will simply need a quarter of an hour to collect myself before performing such a taxing dweamer."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Anwar nods...

"I'll make one last pass through the house while you are preparing the spell.."

Spoiler
    Show
    Searching for any more clues (1d20+17)[19]
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Taking a glance at the note before it disappears Shava hms, "That will do. We'd still like to search for ourself, however. If Karath meant for us to meet than I'm sure everyone's dependable, but this is my friend we're talking about. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't personally check."

Shava looks to lammasu when he offers to bind them. "Greetings again, I'm Shava. It's a pleasure to meet you. I only wish our host was available to introduce us to each other. Sadly with him being indisposed it seems any ostentatious efforts would feel wasted. To your offer: We say we would prefer that we at least know your name before you touch our silver cord.

To Bellona
    Hello, Bellona.

To Kix
    If the location is handled that's fine by us."

((lammasu can weave all he wants if he gives Shava his name))
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2014-11-06 at 01:48 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

To Adriana
    He look at Bellona and Adrianna, "I can have nine other cliving beings in my tapestry", he says, "Ten with me. So it wont be a problem to add her as well in the tapestry".

To Shava
    "My name is Xanthax, the Lore Keeper of the Celestial Library", he tell Shava, "Well, former Lore Keeper".

To the Rest
    The lammasu eyes everyone and ask once more, "Anyone else interested in joinning my tapestry and my protections?".

He waits for everyone who willingly accept his offer to finish knitting his arcane weave.
    But this time he offer a little piece of knowledge with it.

"This tapestry will allow me to cast my spells as if I'm touching each of you and I can consider the whole tapestry like a single living creature, this way I can mass affect everyone with my protections, boosts and healings. It dont grant me any power to cast harmful spells on any of you nor gives me any other form of control on you".

Spoiler: Tapestry
    Show
    Adriana and Bellona, Shava.
    6 More spaces to go. First asked, first served.

It takes 10 minutes to craft the tapestry and a Craft: Weaving with ridiculously low DC to make it (auto-sucess)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

To Xanthax
    "Very well, I shall accept your abjurations. You may call me Kix," Kix intones. Even as an aberration, she is hopefully still a legal target.

To Shava
    "Indeed, once I have prepared myself, we will have an unassailable locale at our disposal," the emaciated humanoid says definitively.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

"Its a pleasure to meet you, Kix. Sadly not the best ocassion however", Xanthax says as he grab her vital line and knit it together in his weavings.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

"Life is fleeting, Kix says quietly, "but that is what makes it so precious. Our mutual friend led a life well-lived, as evinced by these myriad strangers so loyal to him. Though he was killed, I cannot help but think that he will refuse a resurrection, but perhaps I am mistaken..."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

"Again, It's a pleasure. Uh, I don't have any epithets worth mentioning."

They step forward and then back again, outside Xanthax's ten foot radius. "We don't really care for whatever protective aura you're giving off. If that's one of the beneficial spells you intend to share with us we'll have to decline that one."

((If you touch Shava: Will Save DC 17. Shava is covered in an illusion. Though the image underneath is similar it's also 3/4 composed of water, air, and earth. Like an elemental.))

To Kix
    "Hope, you don't mind if I call you Kix too. I'm Shava.

Exasperated by the idea that Karath might stay dead Shava rattles, "He better not refuse! I'll find him on whatever plane his dead ass went to and kick it till he returns. We didn't come here to witness any final acts."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

"Greetings, Shava. I am not Karath, and do not know his mind; I was only offering my opinion on the matter," Kix replies calmly, her eight foot tall frame unmoving during the conversation. "I am against violence and death, so discovering what the presence of the Gnaritans here means is quite important to me. I feel that is the true reason Karath summoned us all."