Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Against the 5th Crusade [OOC]

What the title says. Anyone who's ready, post their sheet here then post in the IC thread. Don't just link because recruitment threads eventually disappear after some time.

INTRODUCTION

1) Describe what your character has been doing in the past few hours in the city and especially over the past half-hour that the Crusade has been charging the walls and instituted the greater dimensional lock. The description will be used by the DM to set up your first in-game encounters, both adversarial and allied, as well as indicate what kind of immediate resources you'll have at hand, what preparations you've made when battle seemed imminent as well as introduce a bit of your character's personality and appearance (see below). Assume that any previous fights with crusaders (if any) have easily gone your way as opponents did not realize you were especially powerful for your demon type.

2) Please describe your character during your first few posts and drop in a reminder or two every so often, so that readers, fellow players and the DM can have a mental visual of your character in mind. If you could make the initial description organic (i.e. part of the character's actions in the first few posts), even better; no need to infodump directly.

3) Yes, you're temporarily trapped in a city being attacked by Crusaders, with the demon warlord in charge recently slain. This is meant to be an initial challenge to hook you to the story and get the group together so it involves a bit of railroading. Do note that the greater Dimension Lock is neither stable nor inclusive - feel free to experiment!
    Last edited by Belial_the_Leveler; 2014-11-03 at 01:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Against the 5th Crusade [OOC]

The below is made assuming that you approved the suggeted natural attacks.

So it would come natural to Luthron to infiltrate the enemy base since he can turn invisible, don't make noice and all but I'm not sure if you would want everyone in the city initially? Or can I just do whatever?

Spoiler: Luthron
    Show
    CE Medium outsider; (chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar, incorporeal)
    Init +9; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +19

DEFENSE
    AC 23, touch 21, flat-footed 17 (+5 deflection, +6 Dex, +2 Armor)
    hp
    64 (7d10+21)
    Fort
    +5, Ref +13, Will +6
    Defensive Abilities
    incorporeal; DR 10/cold iron or good; Immune cold, electricity, poison; Resist acid 10, fire 10; SR 20
    Weaknesses
    sunlight powerlessness
    OFFENSE
    Speed fly 40 ft. (perfect)
    Melee
    2 claws +13 touch (1d6+6 plus 1d6 cold), bite +13 touch (1d8+6 plus 1d6 cold)+tail +8 (1d4+3 plus 1d6 cold damage plus trip), 2 tentacles +8 (1d4+3 plus 1d6 cold damage)
    Special Attacks
    pounce, sprint, shadow blend, Sneak Attack +3d6
    Spell-Like Abilities
    (CL 10th)
    At will—deeper darkness, fear (DC 18), greater teleport (self only), telekinesis (DC 19), Greater Invisibility
    3/day—shadow conjuration (DC 18), shadow evocation (DC 19)
    1/day—magic jar (DC 19), summon (level 3, 1 shadow demon 50%)
    STATISTICS
    Str —, Dex 22, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 20
    Base Atk +7; CMB +13; CMD 27
    Feats Combat Reflexes, (combat expertise, improved called shot, vicious stomp)
    Skills Acrobatics +16, Bluff +15, Fly +26, Knowledge (local) +12, Intimidate +15, Perception+19, Sense Motive +11, Stealth +16; Racial Modifiers +8 Perception
    Equiptment Agile Heartseeking Amulet of Might Fists. Belt of dex +2. Incorporeal Angel Skin Quilted Cloth, Sigil ring worth 7400gp
    Languages Abyssal, Common; telepathy 100 ft.

Sprint (Ex)

Once per minute, a shadow demon increase its fly speed to 240 feet for 1 round.
    Shadow Blend (Su)

During any conditions other than bright light, a shadow demon can disappear into the shadows as a move-equivalent action, effectively becoming invisible. Artificial illumination or light spells of 2nd level or lower do not negate this ability.
    Sunlight Powerlessness (Ex)

A shadow demon is utterly powerless in bright light or natural sunlight and flees from it. A shadow demon caught in such light cannot attack and can take only a single move or standard action. A shadow demon that is possessing a creature using magic jar is not harmed by sunlight, but if it is struck by asunbeam or sunburst spell while possessing a creature, the shadow demon is driven out of its host automatically.

Spoiler: Fluff
    Show
    Luthron was once an elf, living in these very areas. About 25 years ago he lost his son and his wife to a demon. He couldn't cope with the loss and summoned the demon that killed them. After long negotiations and much anger and frustration he finally struck a deal with the demon. He would have to pay 50 souls to get his son back and the same for his wife. He managed to get his son's soul back but when he reached the 99 soul mark the demon send a shadow to kill him. His soul was so taunted and shattered because of all the horible things he had done that he was send directly to the third hell to be tortured. After years of torture his shattered soul reformed into a shadowy mockery of his old self.
    Now he is back where he once lived peacefully to spreach chaos because the demon have promised him that he can have his wife back if the heroes of the fifth crusade is defeated.
    He looks very different than other shadow demons. Because he is only consists of his own soul he looks excactly as he did when he died, albeit well darker and more shadowy
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-11-05 at 01:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

You're assumed to be in the city when the attack happens. It's a bit of initial railroading that needs to happen for you to be involved in the initial events. You don't have to be part of the city's forces though - even temporarily passing through for whatever reason could have gotten you involved when the Crusaders brought forth the dimensional lock and charged the walls. You should probably pick items before heading into combat with the crusaders though - they might make a huge difference.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sheet Link: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...heetid=1042446
    Voice Colour: 696969/Dark Gray

Edit: I'd assume we already had our items, unless you mean looting for more?
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-11-03 at 05:09 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life being hectic. Sorry.

5. - Top - End - #5

Oh, Rolling HP since I never got a generation answer:
    (10d10)[60]
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Big post in 12 hours, but I'm here and I'm calling dark orange because I'm on fire. Will update from a computer later though.

edit: Hesph the Brimorak, fiery goatman out to dispel ALL OF THE MAGIC.
    Last edited by AngryCyc; 2014-11-04 at 07:04 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Purple for Nixiel

I am also really curious about what we are supposed to do for HP...

@Erik Vale: Did you not see the post in the recruitment thread saying that we got no free traits?
    Last edited by oyzar; 2014-11-03 at 06:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Yes, yes I did.
    *Cursing*
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Could have sworn I said average HP. In any case, that means 5,5 hp per d10, max first.

10. - Top - End - #10

I trawled, saw it asked twice but not answered. But then again, I missed the bit about traits, so that may not mean much.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Culsu Agash will speak in teal.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Don't mind me. Nothing to see here.

unrvl - (100d20)[16][13][5][19][17][2][8][20][13][13][15][9][14][2][10][4][18][17][7][8][18][9][16][5][8][20][16][7][2][3][5][17][16][9][16][12][11][3][12][4][15][6][13][9][8][3][12][5][19][19][13][17][8][8][1][15][7][17][2][9][20][6][5][15][15][20][6][6][3][18][9][18][3][2][6][10][4][18][15][3][17][8][19][4][16][20][18][3][17][20][11][16][5][16][11][19][16][16][4][18](1121)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Again, nothing to see here. Move along.

ntc1 - (5d6)[4][5][5][6][4](24)

ntc2 - (5d6)[6][1][6][2][1](16)

ntc3 - (5d6)[6][1][6][1][6](20)

ntc4 - (5d6)[1][1][2][6][5](15)

ntc5 - (5d6)[1][4][4][4][4](17)

ntc6 - (5d6)[3][5][3][6][6](23)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Going with Fire Brick As color. I think grey would have fitted better but I wasn't fast enough. When I talk with the extended vocals, try to whisper it and you'll get a pretty good idea of how it sounds.

If I made some incorrect assumptions feel free to correct me.

If it wasn't clear Luthron is my shadow demon and Eladin is just a random soldier that managed to enter the city.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-11-04 at 03:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I hope I didn't take too much freedom by dominating a couple people in my intro post. I wanted to show how Nixiel would approach a battle, try to get to small groups at a time and dominate some to kill the rest. As for describing her, I am sorry for having her in an alternative form, but I think that also is way more fitting given the circumstances. Should I sneak in a part where I describe how she actually looks as well in more detail (beautiful woman, but with wings and a tail).

Also, are we allowed to take drawbacks? If so I would also like to take "power hungry" and get another trait.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2014-11-04 at 06:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Don't worry. Dominating a couple of people early on is not more of a problem than killing even more. Most crusaders aren't going to be at your level anyway - but there's going to be a lot of them. And they're going to have help. One issue I just noticed with your character though is shifting 7 points into charisma. As I said to others it is "a couple of points" for customization purposes, not major shifts as that unbalances some statistics. +3 into charisma would already give a score of 34. Please consider putting the rest somewhere else or shifting fewer points.

BTW, updating the thread with your challenges. You guys have been noticed...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Belial_the_Leveler View Post
    Don't worry. Dominating a couple of people early on is not more of a problem than killing even more. Most crusaders aren't going to be at your level anyway - but there's going to be a lot of them. And they're going to have help. One issue I just noticed with your character though is shifting 7 points into charisma. As I said to others it is "a couple of points" for customization purposes, not major shifts as that unbalances some statistics. +3 into charisma would already give a score of 34. Please consider putting the rest somewhere else or shifting fewer points.

BTW, updating the thread with your challenges. You guys have been noticed...
    I was following the guideline of taking maximum of two from every stat, but I can move a bit fewer I suppose.

Edit: Undid the moving of 2 from wis to cha.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2014-11-04 at 06:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

lol I'm pretty sure it was a maximum of 2 taken AND GIVEN to other stats. Being just maximum of two taken with no maximum on stacking all in one stat does little to maintain balance!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Exactly. I don't mind the base charisma being shifted from 27 to 30 but going any higher is going to mess DCs a lot - especially later when you guys get the bigger spells.

BTW, you guys have your challenges now. Assume you act before your enemies.

PS: lots of hints for you to notice as players here. Some your characters would not notice before you guys meet up and exchange stories - hope I'm doing well enough with the description of new NPCs here.
    Last edited by Belial_the_Leveler; 2014-11-04 at 08:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Ah. Solo fighting huh? This should be... Interesting. Honestly my only concern now is what to do with this man once I defeat him. Eat his heart? Subdue him and torture him to corruption? Who knows! I'll have to decide soon.

Note the total lack of fear.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Where is Kakanlour trying to take himself and Culsu?

BTW, Culsu needs a roll of 20 to open a temporary hole. Let's hope he gets lucky...

22. - Top - End - #22

800ft straight up, also known as mid air.
    Fortunately, he's got great carrying capacity, and boots of levitation, so falling to our deaths wont be an issue.

Also, it'd be great if I knew that, maybe he can tell me.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eeasy there! I will be AFK for 5 more hours, but the plan so far is to remain hidden and a spot check to guesstimate if they see me or just know where I am as I telekinese myself to far side of a roof of a 3-story building and out of sight, then move action along the roof to peek at them from behind lots of cover. If something is to interfere with this plan, it (1) should succeed on a spot check and (2) might be unfortunare, annoying and/or counterproductive.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Woah, this seem like a really though encounter for Nixiel. She is not great at solo encounters against immune enemies . I moved 2 from cha to con as you wished.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

The encounters are supposed to be tough - the demons are supposed to be losing, after all. Against normal demons of your type they'd be outright PKs but with how much stronger you are than normal, they should be hard but winnable. I think...

In other news, here's a pic showing the awesomeness of your biggest enemy. Look upon it and despair;

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Meh. Hesph doesn't believe in angels. He's atheist.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Funny you should mention that.

That's Sarenrae, the original angel in Golarion. She's depicted fighting That Damn Crab, also known as Rovagug. There's a reason even Asmodeus respects her. OTOH, maybe it's because he's got a crush on her - you never know.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Belial_the_Leveler View Post
    The encounters are supposed to be tough - the demons are supposed to be losing, after all. Against normal demons of your type they'd be outright PKs but with how much stronger you are than normal, they should be hard but winnable. I think...

In other news, here's a pic showing the awesomeness of your biggest enemy. Look upon it and despair;
    Against mind shielded enemies with no minions(sucks that she managed to break both, protection from evil only gives +4 on a save to throw off a spell already in place, though I suppose she could have used break enchantment or some other effect. Hopefully the spellcraft will tell) and no help(having the help of someone who can dispel would be nice) Nixiel is basically useless, but we'll see how it goes. Botching that grapple check so badly does not help, and I even forgot to include a tanglefoot bag as material component for the reroll even though that is exactly what they are there for. Nixiel is sure she will find a way through this at least.
    Last edited by oyzar; 2014-11-05 at 07:59 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

I'll just leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by oyzar View Post
    Against mind shielded enemies with no minions and no help(having the help of someone who can dispel would be nice) Nixiel is basically useless, but we'll see how it goes. Nixiel is sure she will find a way through this at least.
    Oh... Is it not standard operating procedure to start every battle with a dispel magic check of 30 against your enemies..?
    Last edited by AngryCyc; 2014-11-05 at 07:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

No.
    It's procedure to grab them, planeshift to with them to the positive energy plane, and then leave them to go boom.
    Or to hold them in your arms until they turn into squiling babes, and then suck the life from them until they die.

Of course, you deactivating Freedom of Movement abilities is nice...
    Hmm... I wonder if there's a creature that counters Freedom of Movement so I could get that effect for me.

Edit:
    I searched 'Countering Freedom of Movement Pathfinder', and got no pathfinder replies... I did however see links for various civil right history sites and one for holocaust denial one on the second page.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2014-11-05 at 07:58 AM.
    Show