New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Fantasy Life

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Fantasy Life

I'm not really sure of the proper way to format a thread like this, but I noticed there was no thread for the game, so I made one.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the game so far.
    FC: 4554-0075-4613

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fantasy Life

How does the job system work? Is there any questing in the game like in rune factory?

Playing Pokemon Y:
    Safari: Charmeleon, Magmar, and Braixen
    DS Friend Code: 3668-7804-7430

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tylorious View Post
    How does the job system work? Is there any questing in the game like in rune factory?
    Basically, you choose a Life at the game's start and can (after the first Life tutorial quest) change your life to any of the other eleven Lives. Whenever you want. There's even a convenient touchscreen warp button to make it happen faster.

Advancement is done through errand-type quests, many of which can be bundled together (and for different Lives at once). You're almost expected to try all the Lives out; even your Masters suggest it. It might even be a big challenge to stick to a single career.

Sidequests are similar, but they're done mostly for laughs and cash and maybe other items of which you might not yet have access.

If that were everything in the game, it would get mighty tedious very quickly, but the light atmosphere and enjoyable writing make it fun to keep poking around places.

I've heard it described as "Animal Crossing meets Dragon Warrior" or something, and that's more or less fair. Don't rush through this one; enjoy the trip.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Link? Never heard of this game until now. What's it about?
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was playing this game for about three weeks straight, made it to one level before I unlocked the DLC origin island and had to take a break. It's been a ton of fun.

Been trying to convince my partner to buy it too so we can play multiplayer

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been playing this with my girlfriend. It is an absolute blast to play, both in multiplayer and in single player mode.

One thing I have only just noticed is I am occassionally getting red powerup symbols above my hp/sp bar, anybody know what those are? It might be related to the fact that I am partying with NPCs for the first time
    Spoiler: Who those NPCs are, this isn't really spoiling much but just in case
    Show
    (Olivia and Andy if it makes a difference).

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    I've been playing this with my girlfriend. It is an absolute blast to play, both in multiplayer and in single player mode.

One thing I have only just noticed is I am occassionally getting red powerup symbols above my hp/sp bar, anybody know what those are? It might be related to the fact that I am partying with NPCs for the first time
    Spoiler: Who those NPCs are, this isn't really spoiling much but just in case
    Show
    (Olivia and Andy if it makes a difference).
    Yeah, NPCs can buff various stats, like certain potions can.
    FC: 4554-0075-4613