New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: 1001 Crazy Character Ideas

The Show Stopper - a bard who cannot say anything unless it is in song. Whenever he sings he must dance as well. Feel free to use RL songs or just make up your own.
    *Bonus Points* - be the party face

The Interpretative Dancer - be a bard who only communicates with people through interpretive dance, no other way shape or form of communication is allowed.
    *Bonus Points* - actually act out your dances irl.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Beguiler 1/ Dragon Shaman(Brass) 1/Bloodline 1/ Marshall 1/ FoP 1/ Bloodline 1/ FoP 5/ Bloodline 1/ Uncanny Trickster 2/ Mindbender 1
    Race: Unseelie Dvati

Magical Girl
    become a magical weapon or armor that transforms fellow pc into a magical girl once equipped

This is a build a friend created.
    Last edited by Barbarian Horde; 2014-11-07 at 07:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

#27: Ayy! I'm playing a Dragon

Silver Wyrmling Dragon (ECL 11) / Disciple of Mammon 9

Use Enhance Value to make my hoard worth more than a Great Wyrm before I'm even a young adult and take everything that isn't nailed down.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

28: two goblins using swarmfighting. One is a cavalier, the other is a speed/evasion build. together they act as a piggyback knight unit.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

29. A Thrallherd that has to take control of people and rule them with an iron fist due to the insecurities stemming from being named Gaylord.

6. - Top - End - #36

30.) The Rogue Ogre. The Rogue-r. He mostly relies on sneaking (his blade into enemy faces) to avoid enemies and moving carefully and skillfully avoids traps (read: blunders through traps heedlessly, not worried of the consequences). His sword is named Lockpick, and whenever he encounters a locked door he uses his Lockpick to open the door. Also, he roleplays like a traditional Rogue of medium size - thinks he can't intimidate well, assumes many opponents to be his equal, despite outclassing them quite well, truly attempts to Hide and use Disguises.

Character says: "Grog sneak into tower window and take important letter from desk."

Actual results: as Grog attempts to climb the tower, he instead starts pulling the tower down from the bottom - driving it into the earth with his monstrous strength. Upon reaching the "top," he sneaks in through the window (leaving a Kool-Aid Man style hole in the wall) and grabs the entire desk, strapping it to his back. As he leaps out the "window" he prepares to Jump and to use his Tumble skills to handle the fall from the "top of the tower" that he expects. Upon landing on his feet and taking no damage, Grog knows that he is definitely very sneaky and acrobatic.
    Last edited by Denver; 2014-11-07 at 11:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

31) Awakened Oozes. Any and all of them.

32) An entire family of elves, using Leadership to chain their way down from Venerable to just out of the Bard college.
    Currently Playing:
    -

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

33. A ranger who specises in that most intimidating of weapons: the lawn dart.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Especially when playing elves. Or demons.
    Or ogres. .
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

34. A character who attacks via paintings (whether from or using them is up to you).

35. A stick figure some how brought to life.

36. Gandalf the White, but with Warlock levels.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGirl

37: Someone of any race, really, but with a flaw or something that they've only been alive (or only remember stuff) from the past few days. Would probably have to to take one of the more intuitive classes, or refluff one of the others, but it would be very interesting from a role play perspective.

38:
    Someone of any race and build, who is dying of something or other that can't be avoided (or maybe it can?) and who can't expect to live beyond the next couple weeks/months (based on the speed the campaign is running at). More role playing fun!
    Last edited by Phelix-Mu; 2014-11-08 at 01:36 AM.
    In my dreams, I am currently a druid 20/wizard 10/arcane hierophant 10/warshaper 5. Actually, after giving birth to a galaxy by splitting a black hole, level is no longer relevant.

Extended Sigbox

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I've never been able to put my finger on how to describe you Phelix, but I think I have an idea now.

You're Tippy's fluffy cousin...

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

39) An awakened ooze who forms his(its?) body into a humanoid shape and pretends that he's human. Social situations are fun when your character is 4000 pounds of flesh dissolving acid.

40) Ogre luchadore.
    Spoiler: Build Competitions/Medals
    Show
    LX: Bronze. Krad, the Mad Strangler.
    LXII: Nebbercracker
    LXIII: LOCKDOWN Unit 4456: Honorable Mention
    LXIV: Gold. Xel'Dek, Scourge of the Underdark
    LXVI: Bronze. Sergeant Hammer
    Junkyard Wars X: Bronze. Master Lee

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chuckles View Post
    31) Awakened Oozes. Any and all of them.
    A half-silver dragon black pudding named Mercury, follows a Swift Hunter build.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu View Post
    37: Someone of any race, really, but with a flaw or something that they've only been alive (or only remember stuff) from the past few days. Would probably have to to take one of the more intuitive classes, or refluff one of the others, but it would be very interesting from a role play perspective.
    I've heard a story about somebody who once played a Warforged who was literally born the day prior to the beginning of the campaign and had trouble grasping concepts such as identifying people's genders by their appearance.

I fail to see how assuming people's genders on sight would actually be very beneficial in this world anyway.
    Last edited by HolyCouncilMagi; 2014-11-08 at 03:11 AM.
    Only when one becomes the juncture of a meeting of two forces can one begin to understand either...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

40) A character who is possessed by the spirit of a family member who was a powerful caster. Usually, the spirit lies dormant until something triggers it to briefly awaken and unleash its power before retreating back into dormancy. Best if it leaves the character with a lapse in memory of the events.

Party: "Uh dude, not that we aren't grateful and all, but when did you learn how to make the enemy army rip out their own kidneys through their noses?"

Character: "Huh...what are you talking about? Where are we? Why is their a pile of Orc kidneys over there?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Chimera

41: A goliath who uses drunken master to apply his fist damage to thrown bottles, tankards, rocks, etc. Bonus points if you use vow of poverty or convince the DM that kensai applies to the thrown recyclables.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadasadoor View Post
    40) Ogre luchadore.
    If there's a reference there, I'm not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by black-jack View Post
    41: A goliath who uses drunken master to apply his fist damage to thrown bottles, tankards, rocks, etc. Bonus points if you use vow of poverty or convince the DM that kensai applies to the thrown recyclables.
    Can Kensai work with VoP? I'm pretty sure the Kensai's special weapon actually becomes a magic item.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    33. A ranger who specises in that most intimidating of weapons: the lawn dart.
    We joke, but im sure this is somehow viable.

42. Goblin Frenzied Berserker. He wields the biggest weapon he can get his hands on and charges into battle screaming "YOU FORGOT TO PROTECT YOUR KNEE CAPS!!!" But he only Frenzies when someone hits him......hard, and when they do he slowly turns his head back to them and gets this really blank creepy look on his face, and totally flips his lid on the *insert moron who hit him here*. This can be fluffed as him having been abused for years by Hobgoblins (or goblins for that matter) and he simply had a psychotic break, and every time he gets hit hard enough it triggers the break again and he destroys everything in the room (obviously targeting living things first) but does it with absolutely no emotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

43. Optimized character for disarming with unarmed combat and general damage boosting feats. He specializes in killing people with their own weapon before dropping it and moving onto the next enemy.

44. A persistomancer who specializes in emanation spells. He causes massive damage due to overlappIng widened auras. Best if played as someone who just wants to be loved and can't understand why no one wants to be near him.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

biggrin Re: 1001 Crazy Character Ideas

45. This is an old one of mine. Half-Minotaur Ogre Druid uding size increasing templates and Wild Shape Magical Beast to turn into a Tarrasque!
    Last edited by Oudyn; 2014-11-08 at 06:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Can Kensai work with VoP? I'm pretty sure the Kensai's special weapon actually becomes a magic item.
    Kensai can designate his unarmed strike or natural weapon(s) as his signature weapon so, yes, kensai and VoP can work just fine together. He couldn't use a manufactured weapon though since the signature weapon feature demands a masterwork weapon and owning one would violate his VoP.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    Kensai can designate his unarmed strike or natural weapon(s) as his signature weapon so, yes, kensai and VoP can work just fine together. He couldn't use a manufactured weapon though since the signature weapon feature demands a masterwork weapon and owning one would violate his VoP.
    Ah yes, that's right. Enchant your Unarmed Strike, give it the Throwing and Distance abilities... or the Dancing ability
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by D4rkh0rus View Post
    4. Human with 3 intellect and Charisma over the roof.

Class with 8 skill points, Diplomacy, Sense motive, Bluff, Gather Information and Speak language. (Im sure rogue fits the criteria)

Have him max those and get items of +10 to each and so on, also have him know a lot of languages.

I can already giggle at the possible interactions.

"Hey you stole that priceless artifact"

*holding artifact in hand* "Uhhhhhhhh... No I didn't"

"Oh... uhm... sorry Mr. adventurer, My apologies"
    BRB, using this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lytokk View Post
    6. Senile Wizard. Oldest age category, can never remember what spell he prepared this morning.
    That's Fizban and he cast fireball while in a wooden cage.

46. Kobold sorcerer who uses Prestidigitation to Lisa Frank as much of the world as kodoldly possible.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

GnomePirate

47. A Wizard centered on spamming Magic Missile. There's even a PrC for it in the Dragon Compendium.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Threads made due to my misreading of a rule: 2

One of my favorite hobbies is criticizing popular members and moderators for anything they do wrong. So nothing personal.

I know I promised to stat a lot of things, but my life got busy and, well, my life got busy. I'm not very active on the forum for now, but I will be fulfilling my promises later.

26. - Top - End - #56

48. How about a crusty old dwarven miner who does just about *everything* with his trusty mining pick? He mines with it, he eats with it, and is an absolute master at fighting with it.

Maybe even go as far as make it a legacy/ancestral weapon. Is there any book support for pick fighting?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

49. Male human summoner with the Young simple template. Played as a junior high school kid from Japan who has been transported to a magical land. Refluff summoning and spellcasting as swiping cards through a card reader and calling the attack names. Play EVERY shonen anime trope (and 'mon' show tropes in particular) completely straight.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian Horde View Post
    Beguiler 1/ Dragon Shaman(Brass) 1/Bloodline 1/ Marshall 1/ FoP 1/ Bloodline 1/ FoP 5/ Bloodline 1/ Uncanny Trickster 2/ Mindbender 1
    Race: Unseelie Dvati

Magical Girl
    become a magical weapon or armor that transforms fellow pc into a magical girl once equipped

This is a build a friend created.
    I don't understand how that work. What bloodline do you use, Brass Dragon? What is FoP?
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

29. - Top - End - #59

MindFlayer

I bet it is Fiend Of Possession, which ythey can't take because they are neither a fiend nor have the Evil subtype.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between his shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style."
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

30. - Top - End - #60

50. Play a Kender, and play it well. Even if you play it poorly, it should still be a pretty crazy character.