New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Beer and Pretzels on Atmos

You!?! Mere humans and other such creatures!?! I am a Dragon, masters of arcane magic and being if near infinite power! Why in the 9 hells would one so great as myself submit to being a mere ally with lesser beings!?! He puffs out his chest and flexes his wings as this goes on, staring up at everyone else as he does this.

Spoiler: Reference
    Show
    Btw, if any of you guys play/know LoL think viegers voice on this guy.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Keep detect thoughts on just for fun.

5000 gold coins? If you don't want it, no one's forcing you to tag along.

If the dwarf's out of earshot:

Though I would request you to say you helped later on anyway, and we could split your five grand amongst all of us. Kind of an odd pricing strategy come to think of it.
    Last edited by radthemad4; 2014-11-13 at 01:26 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Archimedes pauses at the mention of the gold. 5k is a good deal of coin considering he only had a little on him....

Ah, good point mortal. In that case i shall accompany to oversee the operation and you are allowed to act as you see fit.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fair, enough. I spose we should probably leave before that psion wakes up from being knocked out cold."
    Ja'lex pays for his drinks and walks over to the dwarf. "I'll hold onto the cargo then." He extends a hand to receive the cargo.

Spoiler: To Ellowryn
    Show
    heh nice, I know that voice, just picture mine as Garen's.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

Ah. This excursion sounds suitably interesting. I've been meaning to test some new scientific theories. Little Corvy shall help too.

He pats the little raven on the head again and stuffs it back into one of his myriad coat pockets.

Spoiler: Clarification
    Show
    By scientific theories he means random insane mumblings about ravens.
    Last edited by Lord Of Ravens; 2014-11-15 at 08:31 PM.
    CAW CAW!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Lord of Ravens avatar by smuchmuch

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Detect Thoughts
    Show
    Oh yes. I definitely left a pot on the fire. I need to go fix that so my house doesn't burn down. Like, now. Hmmmmm, maybe I have time to grab some mustache wax on the way home, hmmm? Oh god that smoke over thataway better not be me...

The dwarf hands over the canister to Jal'ex. It is surprisingly heavy for its size, and it is definitely ticking softly. 'Be careful not to jostle it too much, it is... delicate, and I would not want it to break. Now there are preparations I must make.' The dwarf nods to the group. 'I'll take my leave now. When we next meet I will certainly know if my will has been done.' He tosses a bag onto the table that clunks with the weight of gold coin. 'Your up-front,' he says as he turns to leave.

Outside Zur's:

The streets are bustling and vendors hawk every ware, from magic swords to insurance to afterlife benefits packages for competing gods. Town criers yell out teasers for the latest news (the actual stories you need to buy a paper for) and you think that looks like a riot brewing in front of city hall over the latest tax hike on thuamium dust. And well above the city rises the alabaster tower of sorcery...
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

7. - Top - End - #37

Flumph

Wedge buys a paper, as long as it's 5 GP or less.

He looks up at the tower for a bit before turning to the others in the party.

By the way, there's something you should probably know. I read his mind. He's ticked at the wizards and said they'd pay, which isn't surprising. However, he referred to us as 'fools dancing on puppet strings' in his thoughts.
    Last edited by radthemad4; 2014-11-19 at 11:58 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Not entirely unexpected from mortals, probably plans to have us take the fall for whatever he is trying to do with the container or at least be caught up in the event. However he did specifically say we are deliver the container to the correct spot to the tower, NOT to ensure that whatever was supposed to happen will happen. He pauses and strokes his scaly chin, So if something were to happen to render the contents inoperable before we deliver it then we would still have completed the job and not have to worry about annoying mortal laws.

9. - Top - End - #39

Flumph

Wedge grins slightly and nods.

I like the way you think scaly one. (It's said like the compliment it's meant to be)

He turns to Melinda. Would your mother help us out with this?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

"problem with that, is if this thing is supposed to make a visable effect, then he may not pay us at ALL if certain results do not happen. Breaking the contents was something he was specifically against... and he is willing to pay for the job, maybe there is a way to use confusion of the crowd to distract the ivory tower wizards as we place the item down without alerting them..." Ja'lex keeps the package out of arms reach.

11. - Top - End - #41

Flumph

'Visible effects' (Wedge snaps his fingers and an illusory version of the cannister appears in his hand) are my specialty. Though we still need to figure out what it's supposed to do if we're going to fake it.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radthemad4 View Post
    Wedge grins slightly and nods.

I like the way you think scaly one. (It's said like the compliment it's meant to be)

He turns to Melinda. Would your mother help us out with this?
    I doubt it. She admitted. Maybe if the wizards had shunned me she'd do something. But even then she's big on forgiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #43

Flumph

I meant, would she help us figure out what it does?