New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 9: I dream and the forums tremble.

Hmm.

Yeah, maybe Hoarder over Creeper is a good sub. Thanks :) I also considered the good old 1x Mana Tide, but this deck doesn't have enough board presence for it.

Gadgetzan ... I thought about those, but I feel Azure drakes are better.

It's a matter of consistency vs potential.
    Gadgetzan may have more potential, but are a bad play when dropped naked, aren't safe on turn 5 and require either setup or protection. I'm not sure I can provide them. Drake is always a good play. Always gives the card, and spell damage is icing.

Still, I could think about them. Any other input is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWarforged View Post
    Feign Death: Suddenly Stagg and Fergen/Highmane/Sylvannas makes a lot of sense with hunters... and suddenly hunters got even more scarier.
    and that trend continues
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    and that trend continues
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoah, now that's a card.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

and that trend continues
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is an interesting card, indeed. Makes me wonder if more cards that modify hero powers will crop up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Very cool. Maybe a controling hunter would be doable with that.

I was already thinking of it even though it would be a while before I could make it.

Spoiler: Snipe Hunt
    Show

2 Hunters Mark
    1 Explosive Trap
    2 Freezing Trap
    2 Ironbeak Owl
    2 Mad Scientist
    2 Steamwheedle Sniper
    2 Call Pet
    2 Eaglehorn Bow
    2 Animal Companion
    1 Deadly Shot
    2 Kill Command
    2 Houndmaster
    2 Sludge Belcher
    2 Tundra Rhino
    2 Savannah Rhino
    1 Gahz'rilla
    1 King Crush

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Now that is just silly.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

@Grytorm:
    lots of those cards don't belong in the same deck. call pet in particular is laughably bad in a deck with 8 beasts.

that sniper and feign death have good midrange potential.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. Amazing new card! !!

The effect is really strong, on an ok sized minion.

Comparing to Auchenai Soulpriest, obviously.
    Both have Ok body, and turn your hero power into the best in the game.

The difference is, Hunter's one is strong because it turns the hero power from non-board-affecting to board-affecting, which is a huge deal, as it completely changes how the game is played.
    Priest one is strong because it synergizes with other things (mainly circle of healing)

Overall, a beautiful card, I can't wait to see how it works in the meta.
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

9. - Top - End - #489
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Suffer not a witch Steamwheedle Sniper to live!

That poor guy is gonna get focus-fired hard. I probably would never play him on curve, because you want at least one use of out him, but he could be a really nasty T3 plus coin play.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. Really good point. The eternal annoying problem of call pet. You want to run non beast cards as well. Should have taken a closer look. I don't count the number of beasts enough. But I just hope it is doable. I want a midrange beast deck. Maybe someday.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hm. It's a lot like Auchenai Soulpriest, with less combos? I feel like you'd Beastmaster something big to protect it - then your opponent has to choose between spending removal on the big guy, or the tiny guy he's protecting that also makes Hunter hero power really strong all of a sudden.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Will your shamans crackle some heads?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bleh. I suppose on average it'll be good, but I really dislike something that unreliable. I just know I'll feel like I shouldn't use it on anything with over 3 health unless I have a 1/1 totem or something similarly expendable to throw in if I roll low, at which point it starts feeling like an overpriced lightning bolt. Just... damn it, I wish they'd stop with the RNG stuff already.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

and that trend continues
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is indeed a card.

I can't help but imagine a Warlock getting hold of this through a Piloted Shredder. 2 damage and draw a card for 2 mana. If that works, it's... woah.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2014-11-28 at 05:29 PM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Just noticed it doesn't work with priest.

I do wonder how it'd interact with Warrior.
    Last edited by Gray Mage; 2014-11-28 at 05:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Bleh. I suppose on average it'll be good, but I really dislike something that unreliable. I just know I'll feel like I shouldn't use it on anything with over 3 health unless I have a 1/1 totem or something similarly expendable to throw in if I roll low, at which point it starts feeling like an overpriced lightning bolt. Just... damn it, I wish they'd stop with the RNG stuff already.
    Come on, Zevox.
    RNG or no RNG this card is better than Lava Burst. And as fellow shaman player I've tried so hard to fit a Burst in the deck, but never succeeded because of the too high cost for the effect and the fact that it's a 3-drop. This card is way better, and we'll have a much easier time finding a slot for it.
    So yeah. your wrong.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    That is indeed a card.

I can't help but imagine a Warlock getting hold of this through a Piloted Shredder. 2 damage and draw a card for 2 mana. If that works, it's... woah.
    I don't think that'd work, since the ability says "Take 2 damage."

I'm fairly certain this really only works with Hunter. Or at least that it's coded to.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Come on, Zevox.
    RNG or no RNG this card is better than Lava Burst. And as fellow shaman player I've tried so hard to fit a Burst in the deck, but never succeeded because of the too high cost for the effect and the fact that it's a 3-drop. This card is way better, and we'll have a much easier time finding a slot for it.
    I haven't used Lava Burst in a while, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to take this card over it, personally. There's just so much unreliability inherent in it, and the potential for disaster if you ever use it on something and have it fail to kill it without a nice, expendable token to finish it off with is big.

If it were a Mage card and you could thus always add your hero power to it, I'd probably like it more. But in Shaman? I'll be pretty afraid of using it and having it fail, because you'll often either have to spend another card to finish the job or even just have no way to do so at all. I don't like cards carrying that sort of risk to them.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2014-11-28 at 05:45 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

18. - Top - End - #498

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I haven't used Lava Burst in a while, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to take this card over it, personally. There's just so much unreliability inherent in it, and the potential for disaster if you ever use it on something and have it fail to kill it without a nice, expendable token to finish it off with is big.

If it were a Mage card and you could thus always add your hero power to it, I'd probably like it more. But in Shaman? I'll be pretty afraid of using it and having it fail, because you'll often either have to spend another card to finish the job or even just have no way to do so at all. I don't like cards carrying that sort of risk to them.
    I kind of agree. I don't like to be at the mercy of the RNG so much, but sadly that seems to be part of their vision for Shamans. I guess a totem and a Bloodmage are gonna have to be in the arsenal. I think I'll feel obliged to try it, at least - the potential upside is so huge.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

19. - Top - End - #499
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gray Mage: an Amaz fan I see.

This card is actually somewhat problematic... because there is a possibility that any hero can gain access to Steamwheel Sniper via mind control tech/sylvannas. Will Warriors able to give armor to minions?

As far as this card is concern it's probably be meant to play at turn 4 or 3 with coin... just like how no one should play a naked soulpriest without any followup (circle or two mana for damage)
    So one should evaluate this card's base value is at least a 2/3 plus arcane shot for 4 mana, which actually isn't that great. However this is also another small minion that can be useful in late game situation (and arguably more useful late game then early game where there's bigger targets to hide steamwheel sniper)

I don't think you can build a deck centered on this card unless control hunters becomes a thing... there's no bigger value for a hunter right now then going for the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Will your shamans crackle some heads?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spell Shaman (with Malygos) is already a thing, but another overload card is added value for unbound elemental. I was kinda hoping there will be more cards like the unbound elemental so that overload themed deck can become a thing. maybe in the next expansion...
    Last edited by TechnoWarforged; 2014-11-28 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Talking about infractions can get you infractions

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Guilty as charges, Techno.

Not sure how usefull it's be. It's useless in priest, mage, rogue, paladin and shaman. The only ones that could use it is maybe Warlock and warrior.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Guilty as charges, Techno.

Not sure how usefull it's be. It's useless in priest, mage, rogue, paladin and shaman. The only ones that could use it is maybe Warlock and warrior.
    It won't be used except by Hunters and that's fine. It's not like Shadowform, which anyone can use if Lorewalker Cho is on the board.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    It won't be used except by Hunters and that's fine. It's not like Shadowform, which anyone can use if Lorewalker Cho is on the board.
    Now that I think about it, what happens if you play Shadowform more than two times?
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Now that I think about it, what happens if you play Shadowform more than two times?
    If I had to guess, nothing. It only says that there's a result for "If already in Shadowform"

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    If I had to guess, nothing. It only says that there's a result for "If already in Shadowform"
    It'd be cool (but probably pointless) if they errata'd it to "If already in Shadowform: +1 damage"

On a related note, fought a couple Priests that played Auchenai Soulpriest against my obvious Freeze Mage deck. Just sayin' that's a pretty bad idea, since it's unlikely you'll find something to kill it against, and now you can't heal
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2014-11-28 at 08:40 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505

Sniper only works with Hunter.

Also Druid gets beast synergy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    It'd be cool (but probably pointless) if they errata'd it to "If already in Shadowform: +1 damage"

On a related note, fought a couple Priests that played Auchenai Soulpriest against my obvious Freeze Mage deck. Just sayin' that's a pretty bad idea, since it's unlikely you'll find something to kill it against, and now you can't heal
    I think if you got soulpriest out and you use shadowform your heal does 3 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    Sniper only works with Hunter.

Also Druid gets beast synergy?

Spoiler
    Show
    I like this card a lot. There's a lot of good low casting beast to be had too. However now I'm expecting Druid of the Talon.
    Last edited by TechnoWarforged; 2014-11-28 at 10:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Talking about infractions can get you infractions

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, when is Goblins versus Gnomes released anyway? I just realized maybe I should start saving for it and I am wondering how much time I have.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Hey, when is Goblins versus Gnomes released anyway? I just realized maybe I should start saving for it and I am wondering how much time I have.
    Only official timeframe is December IIRC, but I've heard December 2nd, December 3rd, December 31st, and "before christmas", so....

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    They said December and the next card release is supposed to be the last one. I'd guess next week or the week after based off that.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we sure about that Druid card? Seems to me the wording is wonky; I'd have expected "gain +3/+3", not "transform into 7/7". Also it's the only card yet not to have art in any way related to the titulatur themes. It's cool, but it seems out of place.

EDIT: Strikes me that I'm wrong about the last one. We have non-related art. Still a bit leery.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2014-11-28 at 11:01 PM.