New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Embarrassing walk -ins

If a kid is getting rectally invaded he should probably explain it to his parents.
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, the full story is less funny, but here it is.

I was invited by one of my GM's friends to play a Call of Cthullu game at his home. My first, and I think last, game of Cthullu ever. So we met up, and before we started, his two kids, one not older than six and the other not older than eleven (twelve maybe, but maybe he was barely ten I never asked) expressed their desire to play with us. We explained to them that it was a horror kind of game, which thrilled them beyond recognition. The father gave his approval, so the GM thought he would roll with it.

The game proceeded somewhat smoothly, as smooth as it can with two kids and a new player at the table anyway, until we reached a very, very creepy room. We started investigating until the father opened a drawer, in which a little creepy furball laid waiting and jumped at his open mouth. He barely stopped it before it got in and after refusing my help (for some reason he wasn't too thrilled about me shooting it off his face. Litterally. With an actual revolver) he managed to throw it on the floor.

Cue the youngest son exclaiming 'I ass-stomp it!'

We got deathly silent, checked that we understood what he meant to do well and... The GM cleared his throat and proceeded to explain the rectal invasion.

Well, our sudden outburst of silence must have ticked the mother off, since she came to check on us at that very moment.

Now, let it be said that I am not a smart man. But I still had the intelligence to cook some sort of excuse about fetching food before the temperature in the room started reaching the absolute zero.

When I got back my character was driving a car to the nearest hospital with the kid in the backseat.

Much less interesting, eh?
    I'm here to kick ass and call you names... And I'm not very witty.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Not a strange walk-in but the person who walked in made it weird:

i dm for a party of four, one of wich is a cleric who is secretly evil (no one knew but me). And we were playing at the clerics house.
    His brother walks in, hears the cleric declare "I heal myself" and wonders aloud:"You heal yourself? I thought you were really evil and only worked with negative energy?"

*Party slowly turns to cleric*

"Thanks bro, that wasn't a secret or anything..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alberic Strein View Post
    The game proceeded somewhat smoothly, as smooth as it can with two kids and a new player at the table anyway, until we reached a very, very creepy room. We started investigating until the father opened a drawer, in which a little creepy furball laid waiting and jumped at his open mouth. He barely stopped it before it got in and after refusing my help (for some reason he wasn't too thrilled about me shooting it off his face. Litterally. With an actual revolver) he managed to throw it on the floor.

Cue the youngest son exclaiming 'I ass-stomp it!'

We got deathly silent, checked that we understood what he meant to do well and... The GM cleared his throat and proceeded to explain the rectal invasion.
    A troublesome Tribble indeed.

But hey, at least the kid learned an important lesson about not sitting on strange creatures.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.