New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: The World-Forge: Blood, Flame, Light, and Knowledge.

Sabaioth
    Yet again, Sabaioth looked around the Cat Lands and noticed they continued to grow in number due to the number of foods and edible things that they amassed as a fortune. It was quite interesting, Sabaioth thought. The Mewkin had grown truly mighty in the world down below. Their government had not been completely federalized, but it was strong enough to keep more order than other areas around the world that only had tribal societies with no special law codes. Still though, Sabaioth could not help but feel like that Mewkin society was still missing something very important.

Well, agriculture was there. . . sort of. It didn't really maintain it'self nearly as well as it should though. So Sabaioth thought that perhaps he could just send dreams their way so they would start fashioning containers and art through pottery made from clay. As a result, the Mewkin began to store their clay containers, the pots made of clay made from their new arts, into granaries, buildings meant to help store food for long periods of time. These buildings were also made of clay.

Sabaioth was happy he could help the people. As a result, he began to brain storm ideas for how they could continue to grow happier. From the kitty's imaginations, he continued to plan magical seeds into the ground. Cherry blossoms. . . mortals liked beautiful things. . . So he continued to create. Pomegranites. . . both beautiful, colorful fruit, not to mention edible.

Finally the fig trees. Fruits that were delicious and were capable of growing in harsh environments.

[Spoiler]
    1 Concept point (Pottery)
    0 Cherry Blossoms
    0 Pomegranites
    0 Fig Trees

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

This... was definitely not the reaction Quelep was expecting. She opened her eyes and stared at the god, as if she was trying to determine whether or not he was lying. She thought for a moment and then sighed. "...fine. I've been thinking of finding a way to build the ships anyways, so I need to find a god of crafts or such. By any chance would you know where to find him?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

The Lonely God

"I know no others," the Crippled God states. "I only dared to speak with you out of necessity," Heiphar says, keeping his eyes firmly on the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    More AP! 5 now.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Ummor was just finishing taking another hearty drink from the BIBOUB when he notices that someone else had come to his yet unnamed island. The drunken god remains silent as Eo channels the powers of the earth to combat the oceans. He remains silent, after all, this strange creature was providing some form of entertainment to the thirsty god after all.

By the time Eo finishes his work, he hears an impressed whistle "Well now... you sure showed the ocean a thing or two." Ummor was lying on the sand, cradling his BIBOUB within his massive arms, all the while giggling to himself as if he just said a joke that only he can understand. "You are the second to visit me today. Hopefully you will stay longer than the first. Sit, and tell me your tale. Make it a good one... and I might just reward you! I don't mind if you lie or exaggerate... as long as your tale is entertaining!"
    Ummor yawns as it seems that Eo is unable to come up with any story at all, let alone an interesting one. Smacking his lips as he gets up Ummor says "Well, it seems that the gods of this world are pretty much dull. I suppose that I shall have to find a way to entertain myself." The drunken god scratches his chin for a moment before nodding his head "Yes! What I need is a friend! And as I am a god, I think I shall make the perfect friend."

Placing the BIBOUB on the ground, Ummor snaps his fingers and bending reality as he pleases, he creates the perfect friend in the shape of a drinking mug.

"Hey Boss! Thanks for making me. Really? Out of all the forms you could have chosen, you made me like this? Bah! Now you're gonna have to give me a name."

"Hmmm... I know! How about Muggy?"

"Muggy?"

"Muggy."

"Muggy?"

"Yeah... Muggy."

"But why Muggy?"

"Because you are a Mug."

"Not so big on originality, are we Boss?"

"Eh... if you want, I can let you complain to Ummor-Rir if you want."

"Er... Muggy it is Boss!"

"Alright then! Come Muggy! This island is just too boring! It is time for me to begin traveling the world and spreading my divine message which I just came up with on the spot!"

Ummor picks up Muggy and begins to walk towards the ocean.

"Ummm... Boss aren't you gonna teleport us?"

"Zehahahahahahaha! Now were would be the fun in that?"
    laughs Ummor as he throws the BIBOUB into the ocean. As the divine keg starts to float, Ummor jumps on it, and begins to paddle "OFF WE GO!"

"Were are we heading to Boss?"

"We won't know where we're going till we get there!"
    laughs Ummor as he takes a hearty drink from Muggy.

"You sure we gonna make it?"

"Lets see. We've got infinite booze.... ah... the rest don't matter anyway! Zeahahahahahahahaha!"

And thus Ummor began his infamous pilgrimage, starting off by crossing the vast oceans. Where was he going? Not even Ummor himself knows or cares as he begins to sing a song, often recited by the clergy

Spoiler
    Show

Its been rough for our boy,
    All in me, stolen off by my shoes!
    Oh flee baby, he's found out. I just knew they're all her toys!

Its been rough for our boy,
    Here's where the rough runs the show. Its the worst deal.
    Yeah believe it, Hurrah! Hurrah!

They are the frog queen! He's the best believe me!
    He'll keep it real alright!

Yeah well here's to Muggy! We're off on our way!

Naturally the clergy can't really understand the meaning behind this song... and most likely neither does Ummor who shouldn't really be allowed to create religious hymns while drunk. Therefore the future clergy eventually adopts a stance that only the true faithful can understand the meaning behind these deep words, when in reality they are just as clueless as their god.

However... a few hours into the pilgrimage...

"Muggy...."

"Whats the matter Boss?"

"I don't... feel so... good..."
    answers the durnken god as his face had taken a deep green color. Sadly he had not taken into consideration that the combination of heavy drinking and the rolling waves would cause the god to suffer what mortals refer to as "sea sickness."

"Well... better out than in, as I always say."

"Wiser words have never been..."
    his sentence cut short as indeed, Ummor decides to take Muggy's advise. Unfortunately considering how much Ummor had to drink, it meant that he was vomiting for a very long time.

Spoiler
    Show

AP8= 9-1: Create Artifact: Muggy. A sentient artifact who often plays the part of Ummor's friend and adviser, Muggy hates himself for the way that he has been created and his purpose. Further use of Muggy as an artifact shall be explained later.

AP6= 8-2: Create Land: The Sea of Sick

Finlay after the 'storm' had passed, Ummor could be found lying almost motionless upon the BIBOUB which was now floating in what would be called as the Sea of Sick. Meanwhile Muggy finding the chance to exact some form of revenge is busy haranguing Ummor as to why they should have just teleported instead of attempting to sale, as Ummor no longer has the strength to paddle, and instead allows the current to drift him to where ever they shall take him.

*Krik*

"I hate myself... I should have planned this better..."
    Ummor-Bloim starts to cry, barley able to move"I'm thirty... I'm feeling a headache coming... Muggy... I need a drink..." he whines to his mug, futilely attempting to reach Muggy for yet another drink.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2014-11-25 at 09:51 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

As Vis walked behind Skarne, each footstep a blackened press of destruction upon the earth, she thought of her daughters, the Akanren.

They were assimilating well, of course. After all, even the most prudish of societies experience lust, desire, passion. And the Akanren were experts at fanning the flames of passion in all its forms. But there was a problem. These Twisted, these corruptions. They were ugly, disgusting. Vis had no pity and less patience for them. She knew that other races would have their solutions, their pity and caring for their fallen brethren. Not so for the Akanren, the perfect daughters of Vis. They would have a solution befitting the truth of who they were, and the nature of their goddess and her fire.

Vis took a part of her own fire out, and set it in the belly of one of her daughters, and by doing so the fire spreads to all her daughters. But not to the Twsited, for in their bodies and minds and blood runs a corruption not of Vis. And the fire passes them by. The Pure, as the non-Twisted would take to referring to themselves in mixed company, became the fire pyromancers. They harnessed the power of Vis, and of her Consort, the Sun-Phoenix, channeling and summoning flames to their bidding. Soon enough those who were bonded to Akanren would find that their consorts were of more use than simple bed warmers. They could be leveled against enemies, a task the Akanren took to with a passion nearing their fire in the bedroom. Yet it was quickly learned that no Akanren would fight their sister, though each would happily incinerate all around their sibling.

Vis also saw that while the Akanren desired power most of all, it would do or the other mortal races to have some manner of token to woo a potential Akanren consort to them. So Vis seeded all the lands of the earth with Firestone, also called Blood-of-the-Phoenix, a brilliant red Crystal that radiated heat. More importantly, these crystals only grew in places of great danger. Strength was ever required to claim a crystal, and the more dangerous, the large the crystal was. Some were found in the depths of the earth, among strange creatures with a thirst for flesh and blood. Others among high mountains or in the depths of the oceans. Still others in the hordes of drakes and Dragons, or guarded by Salamanders, great fire lizards which ate the stones whole, then to be retrieved by cutting the beast open. Akanren across the world collected such stones as the only form of adornment, fashioning necklaces, bangles, earrings and other garments all adorned with the gem. The resonance of such crystals was that they amplified the connection of the wearer to the elemental fire, and the wielder's fire magics became consequently stronger the more Firestone they wore.

Spoiler: AP
    Show

1: Pyromancy - the Akanren who a Pure, without the taint of the Twisted, can channel the power of Vis, enabling them to summon and control fire in all its forms.
    1: Firestone - sometimes called Blood of the Phoenix, this rare stone is only found in the most dangerous of places, and amplifies the wearers connection to fire, enabling greater feats of fire Magic than normally possible. This gem is treasured by the Akanren, and one of the only material things able to buy their favor.
    2: Salamanders - the penultimate guardians of the largest caches of Firestone, Salamanders are massive fire lizards that swallow the stones whole, only ankle to be retrieved after their death. The older a Salamander is, the larger it gets, and the more Firestone it has consumed. Salamanders continue to grow unbated as long as they live, and legends tell of massive fire lizards near the heart of the earth that keep it ever heated, and are larger than most cities. Fortunately, these wryms, if they do exist, are massively lethargic, and rare to awaken. When they move, however, the earth quakes.
    1: Earthquakes (if they aren't a thing) - the sympathetic shifting of the earth when a Salamander near the core moves in its slumber. These titanic beings rarely do so, but the gods only know what would occur if one were to be woken fully.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

The First Kiss of Winter

The great exhalation of frozen wind that pushed his mighty kingdom from the depths of space, had at last brought the turbulent airs encircling his earthly domain to the outer reaches of gas and winds of the planet below. And at that first clash, when the dark clouds obscuring his frozen continent part as a hurricane filled with snow, and ice, and black wings breach the airs of the world. The empty ocean below freezes, locking the blue waves in place, creating great ice sheets stretching for miles along the path of the storm.

The murder of ravens numbering thousands caught in this gale are scattered, flying across the globe to inhabit all the lands they find. Feasting on carrion and crops, nesting in great forests and mountains, circling above fields of battle and hunting parties. Where the dead flesh could be found, they feasted, where crops grew they picked their share. Some named them pests, some messengers of death, others a morbid curiosity, and others yet a source of other-worldy wisdom.

Ahzidfen – The Flying Star

From atop his mount, this Armored Specter surveyed his land even as the armies of elementals toiled tirelessly to construct his fortress. This great mountain stood at the very center of the eight arms, rising miles into the sky and covered in hundreds of feet of ice. Surrounding it for a thousand miles vast forests and tundra and plains, before at equal intervals land bridges hundreds of miles thick stretch out, ending with another colossal mountain surrounded by forest and plain.

When the first of the ravens returned to him, they croaked of strange creatures, of monstrosities, civilizations, and the flesh of all creatures they consumed. And he pondered, seeing at how empty his kingdom had become, and in his innermost thoughts the memories of ghosts enticed him, and stirred deep pangs of desire. Using the regurgitated flesh of beasts and beings, this obsidian sorcerer began his craft, knitting rotten flesh with bone and tendon and blood. Shaping great beasts of his own so this land might thrive. Great shaggy deer, and rams, and mammoths.

Now the rumors of the mortal realm concerned this frozen god greatly, and he foresaw great conflict that is inevitable when gods and mortals bloom, but in this war of existence he shall not perish and pass into nothingness by any will but his own.

Stirring from his seat upon the precipice, this armored god gathers a storm about him. A black cloud, of lightning, hail, and lightning and imbuing it with his own ether departed with a thunderclap speeding off towards the world below. And as he flew over his own land, those black winged messengers blessed to be caught in their lord’s wake were transformed, empowered, and joined him in his descent. The ravens grew to immense side and their eyes began to glow as if lightning coursed through their souls, and their feathers changed, becoming grey and white, and their coming brought gusts of winds for they commanded the storms.

The Unleashing of Winter

Even as the Phoenix neared its first heavenly death, Winter entered the world from the North. Stormcrows with blizzards in their wake swept across the globe, but their storms were only raindrops of the sea that their creator rode upon. The northern seas began to freeze, creating vast barren deserts of ice for hundreds of miles. Snow fell for the first time, moisture from the seas born up by wind to fall upon the lands of Sacs, and Humans, Naga, Capricans and Rhapsies, and even the Kirr. While the Phoenix lay dormant, dimming and dead, before blazing back to life, Winter ruled. The Stormcrows flew and feasted upon the frozen dead, as the snows began to pile, covering fields and orchards, freezing rivers, lakes, and bays, leaving towns starved for warmth and food.

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show
    Starting AP: 6AP (2+4Rollover)
    0AP Create Lease Species: Caribou, Rams, and Mammoths. Large, shaggy herbivores that roam the plains, tundra, forests, and mountains of Ahzidfen.
    3AP Create Greater Race: Stormcrows - Massive corvids with wingspans of ~75 feet, white, grey, and black plumage with glowing eyes and powers over storms.
    2AP Curse: Winter - The world is covered by its first winter as the Phoenix's fire dims and it dies. Death ensues as the world freezes.
    1AP Create Concept: Winter
    Ending AP: 0AP
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-11-25 at 06:40 PM.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Sabaioth
    Sabaioth really liked the beauty of the stars. The only thing in the Void that was in existence other than the gods when they first emerged. Sabaioth sighed and purred as he slept. This time in a far away place on the Moon, not in the Land of Cats. He had brought as much samples of vegetation and other resources as he could to the Moon, such as animals. In our dimension of course, everything would die if they had no means of breathing with special suits. On this Moon, there was already an atmosphere, shining it's light down to the world below.

This kitten woke up, and realized that there was STILL something missing. On the world down below, they did possess a way to preserve food, but it was mostly with shortly lasting spices of pepper and culinary herbs. Sabaioth thought that, perhaps some of the Moon's soil could be useful, with just a slight difference using his magical touch, the soil from the Moon's solid ground became salt in Sabaioth's now anthro-morphed paws.

He went to the world below with his new treasures. . . spreading through his magical Meow spells. . . soon, there were patches of salt in the ground, in some areas across the world. This salt would be useful for the preservation of food or even as a boost in power for magical spells. Sabaioth scampered through the salt flats next to the Cat Lands and played around like the kitty he was. He thought of the grains of salt and wondered. What if the rice was bigger, wasn't magical, and didn't preserve food, but WAS food?

Rice. That's the word. . . what he was dreaming of during the nights. Also. . . of course. . . the people did wear clothes. But they didn't wear much. They were covered, that's what not I mean, but as far as what the people were wearing, well. . . not much. Leather, maybe some kind of cloth, but there wasn't exactly any kind of fashion yet. Sabaioth did, however, think of other things that mortals on the Moon and down below the mortals could use. Something soft and fluffy, like a kitten, and something nice and shiny, kind of pretty, like the moon and stars.

Spoiler
    Show

1 Resource : (Salt)
    0 rice
    0 cotton
    0 silk

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    As Vis walked behind Skarne, each footstep a blackened press of destruction upon the earth, she thought of her daughters, the Akanren.

They were assimilating well, of course. After all, even the most prudish of societies experience lust, desire, passion. And the Akanren were experts at fanning the flames of passion in all its forms. But there was a problem. These Twisted, these corruptions. They were ugly, disgusting. Vis had no pity and less patience for them. She knew that other races would have their solutions, their pity and caring for their fallen brethren. Not so for the Akanren, the perfect daughters of Vis. They would have a solution befitting the truth of who they were, and the nature of their goddess and her fire.

Vis took a part of her own fire out, and set it in the belly of one of her daughters, and by doing so the fire spreads to all her daughters. But not to the Twsited, for in their bodies and minds and blood runs a corruption not of Vis. And the fire passes them by. The Pure, as the non-Twisted would take to referring to themselves in mixed company, became the fire pyromancers. They harnessed the power of Vis, and of her Consort, the Sun-Phoenix, channeling and summoning flames to their bidding. Soon enough those who were bonded to Akanren would find that their consorts were of more use than simple bed warmers. They could be leveled against enemies, a task the Akanren took to with a passion nearing their fire in the bedroom. Yet it was quickly learned that no Akanren would fight their sister, though each would happily incinerate all around their sibling.

Vis also saw that while the Akanren desired power most of all, it would do or the other mortal races to have some manner of token to woo a potential Akanren consort to them. So Vis seeded all the lands of the earth with Firestone, also called Blood-of-the-Phoenix, a brilliant red Crystal that radiated heat. More importantly, these crystals only grew in places of great danger. Strength was ever required to claim a crystal, and the more dangerous, the large the crystal was. Some were found in the depths of the earth, among strange creatures with a thirst for flesh and blood. Others among high mountains or in the depths of the oceans. Still others in the hordes of drakes and Dragons, or guarded by Salamanders, great fire lizards which ate the stones whole, then to be retrieved by cutting the beast open. Akanren across the world collected such stones as the only form of adornment, fashioning necklaces, bangles, earrings and other garments all adorned with the gem. The resonance of such crystals was that they amplified the connection of the wearer to the elemental fire, and the wielder's fire magics became consequently stronger the more Firestone they wore.

Show

1: Pyromancy - the Akanren who a Pure, without the taint of the Twisted, can channel the power of Vis, enabling them to summon and control fire in all its forms.
    1: Firestone - sometimes called Blood of the Phoenix, this rare stone is only found in the most dangerous of places, and amplifies the wearers connection to fire, enabling greater feats of fire Magic than normally possible. This gem is treasured by the Akanren, and one of the only material things able to buy their favor.
    2: Salamanders - the penultimate guardians of the largest caches of Firestone, Salamanders are massive fire lizards that swallow the stones whole, only ankle to be retrieved after their death. The older a Salamander is, the larger it gets, and the more Firestone it has consumed. Salamanders continue to grow unbated as long as they live, and legends tell of massive fire lizards near the heart of the earth that keep it ever heated, and are larger than most cities. Fortunately, these wryms, if they do exist, are massively lethargic, and rare to awaken. When they move, however, the earth quakes.
    1: Earthquakes (if they aren't a thing) - the sympathetic shifting of the earth when a Salamander near the core moves in its slumber. These titanic beings rarely do so, but the gods only know what would occur if one were to be woken fully.
    Skarne bristled that the woman continued to follow him. His patience was quickly wearing thin.

Among the Kirr, another Tribe set out with Skarne's blessing, moving to the eastern shores of Vexit and carving their homes into the stone of the mountains. There they would find ores, and would soon go about crafting weaponry and armor that was renowned throughout the Kirr.

They were known as the Korgoth, and they lived in peace, for now.

--

Koribal the Half-blind stood next to his Grek and huffed in a deep breath of air. Something smelled out-of-place. Something that was not meant to be was near his village. Yet it hid in the shadows and seemed afraid to face them. So Koribal set sentries around their village at all hours. If it was intent on attacking when they were not watching, then they would never cease to watch. Then they would see how long this cowardly thing would wait.

Of course, Koribal had no evidence that something was watching them. Only a hunch. A feeling. Something was wrong, and Koribal knew it. The same flavor permeated the air as on the night when the Rekimit betrayed their brethren. And these new black fowl, delicious though they were, did not seem a good omen to him. Not at all.

--

Skarne turned to Vis, the Omniblade forming an axe. He was no longer amused by her games. WHY DO YOU NOT CEASE TO FOLLOW ME, HEATHEN? OUR BUSINESS IS ADJOURNED, AND I HAVE NO MORE DESIRE TO HAVE YOU IN MY PRESENCE! He held the red, crystaline axe at the ready. IF YOU REFUSE TO LEAVE, THEN I SHALL REMOVE YOU BY FORCE. His fiery eyes blazed with rage now, and the very ground beneath his feet began to crack. His rage caused the air to ripple and the wind to curl around him. His Rage, even when only somewhat aroused, was sufficient to affect the world around him.

He stood at odds in front of Vis, as if daring her to give him a reason to strike.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

"Really? Hm... alright, I'll try to find someone, but it will take a while. There's something more concerning I have to address. If you'll excuse me..." Quelep's form suddenly changes to pure water, splashing into the ocean. She had other things planned. For starters, the volcanoes... she had seen some islands that were already made, and she saw the benefits of them. And, looking further, she saw that some Sacs had seen the values of being near land too, for there were already dwellings starting to gather near the biggest island.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show

AP: 5 +1 from rest

Create Tribe (-1)

Current AP: 5

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

"Follow you?!?" A startled look appears on Vis' face. "Why whatever do you mean, you great silly lunk?" There is an expression of amused suffering on Vis' face now. "I was simply walking this way as well. Can I be faulted if we are headed in the same direction? Besides, it's so very cold and dangerous out here for a woman on her own. Who knows what could happen. If people thought we were traveling together, well, I admit I was using you, but this world is so scary. There is a pout on her face now as if the violence was just another added bother. Yet for all her speeches, Vis does not move, and her eyes never leave the axe, as if waiting for it to do something.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Velia couldn't stand the races to continuing to produce Twisted. Her heart was filled with sorrow. She had to do something. She searched around the world, not in her armor or in a pretty dress, but in black garb to reflect her sorrow. She scoured the globe for signs of it. Finally, she found the source of the curse. Heiphar was his name, but Velia didn't know that. She felt affection for him, but also sorrow for him. Why? Why did she feel that. She decided to speak solemnly, saying "Brother in deity, why have caused the Twisted to appear? My loved ones are suffering and I have wept for them."
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Throughout the World

As the First Winter fell upon the world all races suffered. Naga found their waters frozen and impassable, cutting them off from their natural homes. Men and Kirr alike sat huddled in small huts, trying to starve off the cold with meager flames and surviving off scarce food. The only things to grow fat in the frozen tundra that the world had become were the Stormcrows, feasting on the corpses of the dead.

When times become tough only the strongest survive. Strength can mean many things but, at the end of the day, it's what an individual can bring to the table to help their fellows survive. Unsurprisingly, the Twisted were the first to be cast out from the few settlements, left alone to face the cold and snow, making easy prey for the Stormcrows that bothered with the misshapen beasts.

Club was one of such Twisted. Once a human, Club had a name long ago. It had been so long since he'd been called anything but Club that he'd forgotten it. In fact, even his own mother likely didn't remember it. It's hard for a corpse to remember anything. It had been so long since Club had been warm or had a full belly that it was unlikely he could remember much now, save for what primal drive forces a man to flee a giant terrifying bird.

Had the Stormcrow been serious in his pursuit of his prey Club would already be halfway through its entrails. Instead, the beast seemed to be content to taunt him, occasionally tripping him with a flurry of snow but never quite gaining. Club didn't know how far he could continue limping along like this but, in truth, he had already accepted his fate.

Beauty and the Beast

Heiphar stood still as a statue, covered in his snow as the cold seeped through his thin rags and into his divine bones. It did not hurt of course but it was extremely uncomfortable. It was a penance, however small, for what the god had done. The cheeks of the Twisted One were frozen in lines, trails of tears leaving clear marks on his face. He did not know how long it had been since Quelep left and, frankly, he did not care. He just needed to wait for her return so he could get his kind to a safe place.

When the Goddess of Beauty appeared, Heiphar was silent. Quelep had been far from hideous but even she had not been on quite the same level of beauty as this one. Every feature was flawless, from her raven hair to her feet seemingly of marble. She was to beauty what Heiphar was to ugliness, appearing as the physical manifestation of an elusive trait.

Heiphar hated her for it.

In a world so bleak and cold, where his people died in droves, how was it fair that such beauty existed? How was it fair that his lot in life had been cast so low while this goddesses had been cast so high? What had she done to deserve such splendor?

"Your people suffer?" Heiphar asks quietly, his tone conveying his disbelief. "Your people know not what suffering is. Not truly. Nothing beautiful can understand the true pain in the world," Heiphar says, keeping his head low as he turned his mismatched, bloodshot eyes to look at Velia, the expression on his face making him even more hideous, if that is even possible.

Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Velia saw his hate. His pain was manifested in his body. This may be her opposite. He seems cruel, pessimistic, and perhaps evil. Still, she couldn't help to feel affection and sorrow for him. "Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean you can't help prevent it. I am a woman of love. I see this cold and I desire protection for the mortals. I see the Twisted and I desire a cure. I just want to help. They do not deserve pain and suffering. They are good people. It brings me to tears when a mother births a twisted child." she walked up closer, offering to hold him. "You must be cold. Why not warm up next to me?"
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"Don't touch me," the god says flatly. She could not understand how the cold was his penance, his one small way of paying for what he had done to the world, even if by accident.

"If you want something done, why do you sit idly by? You claim to want to save all mortals and yet you haven't done anything to shield them from the cold. You've done nothing to make the Twisted accepted among your own kind. Words are like wind. Only actions matter," Heiphar says, eyes briefly flickering downward as his small companion squeaks in his singular pocket.

"I understand suffering more fully than you can ever dream to. Do not dare to claim otherwise. They are not good. Ask any human that if you wish to know. They have done no great deeds, no great acts. They simply have the bad fortune to have been born touched by me. Why do you wish to save them? Pity? Misplaced duty?"

Heiphar's voice rises slightly at the last bit, deviating from his calm whisper enough to show how important the answer is to him.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2014-11-27 at 02:57 AM.

Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Spoiler: Arcran
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Throughout the World

As the First Winter fell upon the world all races suffered. Naga found their waters frozen and impassable, cutting them off from their natural homes. Men and Kirr alike sat huddled in small huts, trying to starve off the cold with meager flames and surviving off scarce food. The only things to grow fat in the frozen tundra that the world had become were the Stormcrows, feasting on the corpses of the dead.

When times become tough only the strongest survive. Strength can mean many things but, at the end of the day, it's what an individual can bring to the table to help their fellows survive. Unsurprisingly, the Twisted were the first to be cast out from the few settlements, left alone to face the cold and snow, making easy prey for the Stormcrows that bothered with the misshapen beasts.

Club was one of such Twisted. Once a human, Club had a name long ago. It had been so long since he'd been called anything but Club that he'd forgotten it. In fact, even his own mother likely didn't remember it. It's hard for a corpse to remember anything. It had been so long since Club had been warm or had a full belly that it was unlikely he could remember much now, save for what primal drive forces a man to flee a giant terrifying bird.

Had the Stormcrow been serious in his pursuit of his prey Club would already be halfway through its entrails. Instead, the beast seemed to be content to taunt him, occasionally tripping him with a flurry of snow but never quite gaining. Club didn't know how far he could continue limping along like this but, in truth, he had already accepted his fate.

A God walks into a Club…

The Stormcrow’s that toyed so mercilessly with he twisted little human had feasted until it belly swelled and flight was almost a hassle. It couldn’t eat another morsel without being too fat to take off, and with its appetite satiated, it grew bored and its curiosity took over. But no more had its game began than lightning struck the snow before Club’s feet, sending up a blast of steam and stink of ozone, blinding the tormented human, and turning him deaf. As the world slowly came back to him, he’d kneel gazing upon the mighty blackened armor of this Winter’s god, black cloak fluttering in the wind.

The Stormcrow ceases. The storm abates. The air grows still.

What would drive one so ill prepared into the storm when death would be certain?”
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

The war maiden sighed. She then looked back to him "I may not understand suffering like you, but I understand it enough that it harms my loved ones. Like I don't fully understand pain, you do not fully understand affection. There is only two people I do not love in this world. One is a warmonger and another is a doombringer. I want to help them out of affection. I love them. It pains me to see their suffering. My power is not limitless, but speaking to you is a blessing because I feel a new surge of power." She placed her hand on her chest and then her hand sank into her skin. She then pulled out a fire. "The Fire of Affection. A gift to the humans. I don't yet have the power to deal with the twisted, but when I do, I'll do it quick." She then let the flame be carried away by the wind. The fire was then absorbed by humanity. Those whose hearts that at least have a shred of love would find the cold tolerable. She smiled as the humans became tolerable of the cold."There, love's warmth is now felt literally"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sun mon tues +3
    -2 Bless: a fire is literally burning inside any loving human. This is not harmful and will die down or heat up according to the temperature.
    Deviant Art account

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The First Winter
    As the world cools, Nemia continues exploring the world, taking to the shorelines to only give birth to new beasts. From her womb comes the wolves, which spread across the world to hunt and be hunted, their fur giving warmth and their numbers keeping the herbivores wild and tame in check. Then came the qururu, large quadrupeds that hunt the seas and rivers for their fish, and stalk the land. Their bodies were large, able to feed a town for a day, their scales hard, a good source of weaker armor, but they were dangerous to hunt, in the days of the first winter they were prey and predator alike, but would seek to avoid the larger groupings, simply territorial. Each would give chance at life or death to those brave enough to seek what they had to give, but are not the only children Nemia bears in this time.

However, Nemia frowned. The races slowly froze, and she couldn't figure it out for a time. Then she noticed what should have been obvious: none knew how to make fire. They didn't know how to capture heat for themselves, to make bonfires to keep the dark at bay, to make their own light. So Nemia went to each people and breathed a gout of flame into the minds of those open to change, and their minds became ablaze with ideas.

In this time, though, not all the Mother's Children were simple beasts. As her many pieces lay with the mortals and beasts, many young would find their way from her. First came creatures born of the mists, tiny white birds whose eggs were laid upon the lands of the Naga, Jisai. The Misty Egrets, as they were named in time, hunted the smaller creatures that made this land home, having some control of their surroundings in that they conjured mist and clouds to confound their prey, and the wolves and qururu that tried to consume them when they landed.

Then there were the rakthi, eight legged, houndlike beasts with chitinous hides covered by coarse fur, faces wider and more angular with eight eyes each, teeth and claws sharp as any blade that could be made currently and dripping with poison. These new, terrifying pack hunters haunted the woods and the darkest places of all lands, and had another terrible trick-the vapors of their eternally dripping toxins are highly hallucinogenic. This means they are effectively covered in a miasma of hallucinatory drugs that only those strong of will can overcome. The effects tend to include making them seem more numerous, and causing excessive auditory and visual hallucinations of loved ones or fears, the main tell being an acrid, rotting stench.

The last of her new spawn for now was the nepheritis. Giant and blind beasts with eight tentacles that burrowed beneath the earth, they hunt by the sounds above. Their tendrils each contain a large mouth, able to drag even a mammoth down to the depths. However, they are thankfully few in number, their bulbous bodies, while able to squeeze through cracks and seams easily, unseen to those above. They also tend to slumber for long periods, unable to keep themselves fed easily enough to allow large bursts of motion. So they slumber and wait, tentacles bursting when they heard prey nearby...

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

5 AP to start

0 AP: Least Creatures
    Wolves: They're normal wolves. Can be hunted and tamed by the many races over time.
    Qururu: Basically, they are bears with hippo like skin covered with light scales. Can be used as a resource for armor, small armaments, and of course, food.

1 AP, Create Concept: Fire. Spark of invention, bringer of progress, the minds of mortals have been set aflame with the chance to survive this first winter. Fire , to help combat the cold.

1 AP, Lesser Creature: Misty Egret. Born of Nemia, the Misty Egret is a grey and white bird that can create small fog banks around itself. While they tend to use this as a method of hunting and defensive mechanisms, they can be trained to conjure them constantly if tamed.

1 AP, Lesser Creature: Rakthi. Pack hunters that are part spider, part wolf, and all nightmare. Their strange faces constantly drip venom that causes hallucinations that are used to separate groups into easier prey. The hallucinations tend to be horrifying in nature as well, such as the screams of loved ones in the darkness of the woods, or that a pack is several times its size-or smaller than it appears. There is a cue that tells they are near though, and it is the smell of the toxin, a rotting, acrid scent.

1 AP, Lesser Creature: Nepheritis. Basically a species of massive blind albino octopus that live under the crust of the planet, they are thankfully few in number. Their method of hunting is sleeping below an area and having their tentacle mouths burst out of the ground and lash out at anything they can feel in the area. They tend to keep to the bigger prey, though, so there is that at least.

1 AP remains

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Beauty is the Beast

"You say it pains you to see a Twisted in experiencing the same. You say that you wish to help them and, to show how much you wish to help them you give a gift my children cannot experience?" Heiphar asks, his tone that of one that has been offended beyond mere words. "Did you come to mock me? To give gifts I will not know? That those like me will not know? No human can love a Twisted. Rather than aid them, you simply made their plight worse by showing them what they may never have."

"You should leave,"
    the Twisted God says after a long pause, turning away from the Goddess of Beauty, the amount of ice and snow plastered to his body making the cold shoulder more than a simple expression.

Welcome to the Club

"Oh no please no!" Club cries, attempting to push himself away only to have the foot that earned him his name make sliding backwards next to impossible. "Please, I don't want to die! Just let me go, please! I have nothing left but my life!" the Twisted manages to choke out through hardly concealed sobs, looking up in terror. A giant bird was one thing, but a metal monster making lightning was unknown and, by extension, far more terrifying.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    6 AP now!

Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Spoiler: Clubbing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post

Welcome to the Club

"Oh no please no!" Club cries, attempting to push himself away only to have the foot that earned him his name make sliding backwards next to impossible. "Please, I don't want to die! Just let me go, please! I have nothing left but my life!" the Twisted manages to choke out through hardly concealed sobs, looking up in terror. A giant bird was one thing, but a metal monster making lightning was unknown and, by extension, far more terrifying.

Show
    6 AP now!

He raises a metal-encased hand, stilling the air in Club's throat to silence him. "If your death was my desire, I would have struck you down. Hearken to me, and waste not my time. What madness drives you into my storm? By what blight deforms your flesh?" And at once, the miserable human could breathe once more.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Sehomi

The world was coming alive. So many new deities, and their creations. It was wonderful. The naga brought Sehomi tales of distant lands that they had journeyed to through magic or on the back of wyverns. These tales brought Sehomi to full wakefulness again, for she had grown indolent in the barren time before. Now though, there was much to do, and much to see.

Sehomi, Vis, and Skarne

A form coalesces behind Vis, wrapping its arms around the fire goddess shoulders and neck. Sehomi places her cheek in line with Vis' and says "What lovely drama plays out here? Surely you, oh mighty Skarne, can see that our most beautful Vis merely wishes for your company. Why would you deny her such pleasure?"

Sehomi and Nemia

Sehomi rests her back against one of Nemia's long necks, her feet stretched out across the hydra god's back. "Such curious creatures you have birthed, Nemia. This world has become so much more interesting now.

Sehomi and the naga

What naga could make the journey came to Sehomi's Grand Temple. Some flew on the back of wyverns, others on sleds drawn by teams of tamed rakthi. Many simply slithered their way to the base of the mountain. They were drawn there by one simple directive, spoken in their dreams, in the mists, and in the whispers of the mind. Gather yourselves, gather your knowledge, gather your skill. Become great.

From the mountain rock they carved the Monastery of Whispers, a repository for all that the naga held dear. They expanded out from there, each building cunningly connected to each other by tunnels, and warmed by the heated waters and steam that emanated from the mountain springs. The misty egrets were given perches, so that they might come to the city, and the naga would use them as companions and protectors.

In the plains and swamps below, they cultivated their crops, herded their animals, and grew. The first city of the naga, Uia, began.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yeah, Sehomi knows names. Goddess of knowledge and all that.
    Also, during this time, Sehomi is beginning to look slightly more naga-ish. Slit pupils, forked tongue, etc. I just couldn't think of a good way to work that in without saying it. Still looks very humanoid, but she is changing a bit, a by-product of her primary worshippers being the naga.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show
    2 AP starting
    +3 daily AP
    -4 Organize City (5+1-2)
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2014-11-26 at 04:13 PM.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Sehomi, Skarne and Vis

As the other goddess appears, Vis sinks into her, every curve lining up perfectly. She tilts her head back and nibbles at the neck of the goddess behind her. This action, and indeed any that involves close proximity or touch, lights a lustful fire in Sehomi. "Hello there sister." Vis says in a sultry tone. Always a pleasure. With the heat and fire spoke a name. Vis.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-11-26 at 04:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Sisters meeting-Sehomi, Nemia
    As Nemia continues to swim the sea, three heads of the hydra peel back to look at her company, smiling, each face one of Sehomi's own creations.
    "My children shall be in many shapes and sizes, and all shall be loved dearly. Though I do believe you have me at a disadvantage, sister. I have only encountered Skarne so far, so may I ask your name?"
    Even then, three heads are torn away, cast into the sea. They merge together, growing eight more in turn, and swim towards Vexit, for there was business to conduct there.

----------
    Dealings
    In the dead of winter, Koribal set out from his village to try and find new food to bring home. The bloodwheat could not grow in this ice and snow, the lands too bitter for Voar or Skeksi to be about in the numbers they had seen before. When even the strange beasts of hands, harbringers who spoke of the first new light, were questioned, all they uttered was the same bloody words as always, "Be not afraid". Stupid things, they too froze and slowed, and worst of all they never explained a damn thing! So Horibel Half Blind set out, in pursuit of flesh to bring home and skins to wrap his people in. In his hunt, though, he came across a strange sight as an area of land thawed, and he came to a great lake. It was not like any other he had seen, not the red of the seas around Vexit, or the blue of the strange lands beyond. No, this was a strange, metallic yellow, perhaps gold like those winged lizards, and as he tried to make sense of what lay before him eight heads formed of the water grew. As he readied sword and spear, the heads chuckled.
    "Now now, what way is that to meet the sister of Skarne?"
    The heads fall back into the golden pool, and in their place rises a female Kirr of golden hue, skin metallic and rippling, molded physically to bear great many young healthily and easily and, of course, completely nude as the day a Kirr was borne as gods only need clothing when they wished it. The land around Koribal heated, and trees came into bloom at her approach.
    "I am Nemia, Mother of the Phoenix, Caretaker of Mothers and Bringer of Plenty, and through my Handmaidens, those who aid in birth, I have watched you, Koribal. You are strongest of my brother's children, and as such I would have words with you in this time of your greatest need."
    As Nemia reaches the shoreline, she gently brings a hand up to trace the warrior's physique as she walks around him, uncaring of the blades or threat that such a warrior would pose any other. She comes back around, and lifts the mortal's head a bit, to lock eyes with her, strange orbs of gold that did not seem of this world.
    "So, will you stay a time and listen, Koribal, or shall I speak to the one you hate most in this world instead, and settle for second best?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

The Winter was long and cold. Oh, Vis could have done something about it quickly enough, after all, it was a simple matter to reignite the Phoenix for the goddess of fire and lust. But Vis was unworried. Because one race was unaffected by the winter. The Akanren had little to fear from the cold, at least the non-Twisted. The fires of magic within them meant that no matter the conditions in which they found themselves, tree hut or skin yurt, the cold never cut through them, never bothered them. So as the other mortal races bundled up, the Akanren walked around in the slant clothing they always wore, with the mist of evaporating water rising up off them.

If the bondmate of the Akanren had been generous with fire stones and with sex, perhaps she would melt the snow around the village for a day or two, or keep their hut warm as the summer, no matter the storm outside. But as always, the Akanren cared truly for the,selves most of all, and the Winter gave them another bargaining tool to solidify their power. After all, who dared to talk down to the daughters of Vis when at any moment, the fire that kept them from expiring might mysteriously go out, unable to be relit. After all, the Akanren knew, accidents happened all the time.

It would also be during this Winter that Vis would visit her daughters. She would appear in the fires, unseen by whatever race the Akanren would be living among, and speak to them, of the passion in their blood, of the fire within them, and they in turn would speak to her of the places and people and gods that they had seen. And so Vis learned much of the world, and much of its gods. And she promised the Akanren that soon enough, they would receive more gifts from her, that theirs was a beautiful existence, and that they were blessed.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Banned

Kobold

Sehomi, Skarne and Vis

As the other goddess appears, Vis sinks into her, every curve lining up perfectly. She tilts her head back and nibbles at the neck of the goddess behind her. This action, and indeed any that involves close proximity or touch, lights a lustful fire in Sehomi. "Hello there sister." Vis says in a sultry tone. Always a pleasure. With the heat and fire spoke a name. Vis.
    Skarne was ready to cleave the interloper in twain before yet ANOTHER goddess appeared, and Skarne felt yet a third enter his domain. The...sultry display in front of him had him very unsettled as it was, which did not help the God manage his anger, but rather fueled it. The blood streaming from his armor began to flow in earnest, no longer merely dripping from his arms but truly flowing in small streams.

State your business plainly. His voice trembled with barely suppressed rage. In truth, he was even more angry than before. But he needed a clear head.
    What do you expect to find here? A lover? The Omniblade collapsed back into a massive orb of blood. I have no time for foolish games. I have matters that need to be attended to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Dealings
    In the dead of winter, Koribal set out from his village to try and find new food to bring home. The bloodwheat could not grow in this ice and snow, the lands too bitter for Voar or Skeksi to be about in the numbers they had seen before. When even the strange beasts of hands, harbringers who spoke of the first new light, were questioned, all they uttered was the same bloody words as always, "Be not afraid". Stupid things, they too froze and slowed, and worst of all they never explained a damn thing! So Horibel Half Blind set out, in pursuit of flesh to bring home and skins to wrap his people in. In his hunt, though, he came across a strange sight as an area of land thawed, and he came to a great lake. It was not like any other he had seen, not the red of the seas around Vexit, or the blue of the strange lands beyond. No, this was a strange, metallic yellow, perhaps gold like those winged lizards, and as he tried to make sense of what lay before him eight heads formed of the water grew. As he readied sword and spear, the heads chuckled.
    "Now now, what way is that to meet the sister of Skarne?"
    The heads fall back into the golden pool, and in their place rises a female Kirr of golden hue, skin metallic and rippling, molded physically to bear great many young healthily and easily and, of course, completely nude as the day a Kirr was borne as gods only need clothing when they wished it. The land around Koribal heated, and trees came into bloom at her approach.
    "I am Nemia, Mother of the Phoenix, Caretaker of Mothers and Bringer of Plenty, and through my Handmaidens, those who aid in birth, I have watched you, Koribal. You are strongest of my brother's children, and as such I would have words with you in this time of your greatest need."
    As Nemia reaches the shoreline, she gently brings a hand up to trace the warrior's physique as she walks around him, uncaring of the blades or threat that such a warrior would pose any other. She comes back around, and lifts the mortal's head a bit, to lock eyes with her, strange orbs of gold that did not seem of this world.
    "So, will you stay a time and listen, Koribal, or shall I speak to the one you hate most in this world instead, and settle for second best?"
    Koribal bristled at the goddess' advance. But for now he put away his weapons. "What do you seek, Goddess? Why do you speak to a mortal Kirr and not to Skarne, father of my kind? Would he not be more suitable to your purposes than one such as me?"

He followed her movement, ready to fight back if need be. Even against a Goddess, he would defend himself. He would not die without a fight, even against one of the Gods themselves.

Show

Ap Rollover
    I believe I'm up to 4 AP.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ummor-Bloim, Muggy, sailing in the Sea of Sick

Nobody can really tell for how long Ummor was left sailing on his barrel, regardless once again it was proving that this thing called "water" was slowly turning out to be his nemesis. Regardless, sobbing could be heard across the Sea of Sick as the drunken god constantly kept losing his personal battle against the rocking of the waves. Eventually the keg carrying the god drifts ashore on a strange land.

"Uuughh... I wish I was dead..."
    moans Ummor as he slowly makes his way onto land. As soon as his feet are firmly on land.

*KIRK*

"Zehahahahahahaha! I told you Muggy! Part of the fun is not knowing were you destination is!"

"Sure thing Boss, if that's what rocks your boat..."

".... I see what you did there Muggy... hey... wait a minute... why is it so cold all of a sudden?"
    says Ummor as he looks at the frozen surroundings.

"I don't know... it just happened while you were all miserable."

Ummor notices that some of the lakes are frozen deep. Then the drunken god realizes something and removing the cork from the BIBOUB looks inside to inspect his booze.

"Well would you look at that... every other liquid is frozen solid... but my booze isn't! Zehahahahahaha! That must be a good sign! I'll drink to that!"
    he says as he takes a long hard drink from his keg. Naturally, pure booze such as the type made by the drunken god does not freeze.

"And the booze is warming me against the cold as well! I could not have planned it better myself! Here Muggy... have one on me!"
    he says as he fills up Muggy... only to drain him, as the pair begin to walk deeper inland, walking knee deep in this weird soft cold white stuff. At one point, Ummor stops and scoops up some of this white stuff and begins to examine it.

"Just what in the world is this weird white thing..."
    he says as he sniffs it "...it also seems to be falling from the heavens too..." finally the god decides to give it a taste as he puts it in his mouth.

"Hey Boss, this white thing? If you rub it between your fingers you will find that it melts! It is just frozen water!"

"Water? You mean this thing I just put in my mouth is...... AAAAAAAAAARRRRRG!"

*KRIK*

"MY HEAD! IT HURTS!" screams Ummor-Rir as she had unwittingly consumed what mortals would call 'snow' and naturally by consuming it, she was suffering under an unfortunate condition which known to mortals as 'brain freeze'.

"WATER! ITS ALWAYS WATER! I HATE WATER! I DESPISE IT!" bellows the drunken goddess as she grabs her BIBOUB and begins splashing around the contents within across the land "I SHALL BANISH ALL TRACES OF WATER FROM THESE LANDS! I HEREBY DECLARE WATER, IN ALL ITS FORMS AS ANATHEMA! NOW AND FOREVER!"

As the raging goddess unleashes a literal storm of booze from the BIBOUB, as it begins to land the booze itself begins to thaw the frozen ground. As the ground continues to soak up the alcohol the cold of winter is pushed away from these lands, as the atmosphere around it begins to react to the divine booze, warming up and in its wake, leaving a completely dry barren and sandy land, void of any traces of water. Indeed, the only liquid nourishment to be found in this land are oasis made up of pure booze which Ummor had spilled from her Keg, and instead of normal rain, you get booze storms, a weird meteorological phenomenon which can only be found in this land called "The Great Desert of Umm." (Its not that Ummor named it using the first three letters of his name. Its just that he decided to give this land the title of "Great Desert" and got stuck while thinking of a name.) Booze Storms are extremely unpredictable and violent, as the cause of it is when Ummor spills booze from his BIBOUB, yet these storms play an important part in Umm, as it keeps all form of water and cold at away permanently.

Spoiler
    Show

AP6= 8-2 Create Land: The Great Desert of Umm
    AP4= 6-2 Bless Umm: Booze Storms

Finally spending her anger, and of course as the effects of the brain freeze had died down...

*KRIK*

Ummor-Turlat looks around at what he had created. The heat emenating from the very sands of the desert was slowly warming up the god, forcing him to take yet another drink.

"Zehahahahaha! Would you look at that Muggy? I have finally created the perfect land! What do you think about it?"

"Kind empty Boss... don't you find it dull?"

Ummor looks around groggily around. Muggy had a point indeed, and if there was anything that Ummor hated, it was a dull moment.

"You may have a point my little friend. There is little purpose in creating such a great land if I am to merely keep it to myself."

"You thinking of bringing some company?"

"I could invite these... other gods here. But they too seem rather dull for my taste. No... if I am to be entertained then I cannot count on the other gods to amuse me. I shall have to do it myself... and I know just the way."

Ummor squats down and begins molding a series of small figures from the sand.

"Er... Boss... don't do this... please... we all know that you really aren't good with this 'creating' stuff..."
    warns Muggy.

"Oh, you worry too much. Sure I may have erred a few several times, but I am pretty confident that I shall do a good job in creating my most blessed of races."
    Taking his BIBOUB he spills some of his drink onto the figures, thus giving life to the world's newest race. Ummor and Muggy watch closely as new life is born, both of them left speechless.

The little green creatures open their red eyes. With a flat face, crescent shaped nose and long floppy ears, Ummor's blessed race can hardly be called a masterpiece. It can hardly be called garbage either for that matter. Looking up to its creator, the creature begins to yell in a loud and irritating voice.

"Hey, lady, ladies and gentlemen, first of all, the blue-lib! Thank you for this! ...All my life! "
    "Hello Boss! We are the first of the Goblins! Thank you for creating us! Long live the Boss! "

Spoiler: Wait... what's going on here?
    Show

Basically, I really enjoy playing with languages, therefore anything a Goblin says will be first be translated 43 times on [this site with the original text placed under the result in white text.

Also...

AP2= 4-2: Create Race: Goblins.

Goblins are a small, ugly, weak and cowardly race, most often considered as nothing more than a nuisance and a mistake, further proving that the drunken god should not be allowed to create anything unsupervised. As a race, Goblins have a short temper, suffer from delusions of grandeur and from a lack of common sense. To make things worse, their language is extremely difficult to understand, even to the gods and only those who have studied the Goblins extensively can begin to grasp the fundamental concept of the Goblin tongue. Even that is difficult, as Goblins trust no one... not even themselves.

Spoiler
    Show

"Maybe you will do better next time Boss..."
    knowing well that it was futile to pray that there would never be a 'next time'.

Ummor looks at Muggy "What did he just say?"

"No clue... but these Goblins are now your blessed race!"

*KRIK*

"Next time I get the big idea to create something, please slap some sense into me will you?"
    cries Ummor-Bloim to Muggy.

"I'd love to, but even if I slapped you, would you actually learn your lesson?"

"No I never will!" admits Ummor sheepishly "Thats why I hate myself!"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2014-11-26 at 09:25 PM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

All through the summer, Endymion watched the village of the Kirr. Motionless and vigilant. Occasionally, the Mad-God would speak to him in semi-lucid day-dreams, showing him visions of the reward he would receive upon his return. And so, through the closing of the summer and into the mysterious time that the mortal creatures called "winter," he kept his watch. Waiting... waiting. Until one day the Kirr, Koribal the Half-Blind, stepped outside of his village and held congress with the strange beast woman. Endymion had been aware of much, but had understood little of the affairs of the gods and mortal creatures, but he did recognize an opportunity when it presented itself. Swooping down upon the village, silent as a shadow, he flew past the guards that had been so wisely stationed, and then entered the first house. The parents, two hulking Kirr, were sleeping peacefully, their small brood, a male and female child, were similarly sleeping nearby. Endymion smiled, the children of the creatures would now become the children of Somnos, blessed before all. He delivered his master's gifts to seven other families, always those that consisted of two children, one male one female. And then he executed the last stage of his plan. He slipped into Koribal's hut, quietly he took up the healthiest, strongest, male child that was there. Tucking the sleeping infant under his arm he began flying back to the gate. Back to Morphion. Koribal's child would serve Somnos, and in doing so would be used to continue the fight against the wretched monster that had dared to oppose the benevolent and loving Mad-God. He whose name the Lethics curse and fear. Skarne.

Show
    Curse Individuals: 3 AP. The gift that those children received was madness, a form of madness that will not manifest until they are into the early stages of adulthood. The madness is a genetic condition, and will be passed to whatever children they spawn. (I believe I have 1 AP now, although it might be 0) EDIT: I went back and counted and I actually have 4.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I realize that Koribal doesn't keep his children with him because of his past, but I figure that he may occasionally have them over for training or whatnot. If that's not the case then Endymion just took one of the children that he knew to be Koribal's from a different hut. The main point is that he's specifically trying to insult Koribal by taking one of his children, and a particularly promising one at that.
    Last edited by Synvallius; 2014-11-29 at 02:16 AM.
    Synvallius the Elder
    Inaction is support for the action you did not oppose.
    The rain is my parade.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Nemia and Koribal
    She seems nonplussed by his attitude, but her hand falls away. She looks at the mortal, sizing him up.
    "This is business that his very divinity makes him ill suited for. No, this is a matter I need to handle separately. It is a matter of helping the races through this time another god has laid claim to, the time when the world rests to gain strength for the next year, for even the world needs it's slumber. It is a matter of my children still being too few, and your own desire for revenge if you so choose. It is a matter of establishing how to gain my attention over that of any other child of mine, on how to make sure that with forethought and care your people's bellies stay full even in the death throes of my Son above until the day he is reborn. But I will ask a price in turn, from you, as you are leader of your people. I will ask to be recognized by the Kirr, not as Skarne is revered but still given respect for what I do and shall do for the Kirr. And one other thing I shall ask, but it can wait. Is this something you desire, Koribal, or shall this be a waste of my time?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Sisters meeting-Sehomi, Nemia
    As Nemia continues to swim the sea, three heads of the hydra peel back to look at her company, smiling, each face one of Sehomi's own creations.
    "My children shall be in many shapes and sizes, and all shall be loved dearly. Though I do believe you have me at a disadvantage, sister. I have only encountered Skarne so far, so may I ask your name?"
    Even then, three heads are torn away, cast into the sea. They merge together, growing eight more in turn, and swim towards Vexit, for there was business to conduct there.
    Sehomi laughs, a rather disquieting sound. "Oh, just the angry, stomping one? Such a bore, always going about and yelling and bleeding. I am Sehomi." The trickster basks in the dying glow of the winter sun, sprawling out across Nemia's back. "Tell me, what have you seen of this new world? I've spent so much time tending to my children, and they suffer from certain limitations as do all such creatures."

Hot-blooded Youth!

Sehomi, Skarne and Vis

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTrevor View Post
    State your business plainly. His voice trembled with barely suppressed rage. In truth, he was even more angry than before. But he needed a clear head.
    What do you expect to find here? A lover? The Omniblade collapsed back into a massive orb of blood. I have no time for foolish games. I have matters that need to be attended to.
    "Oh, look at that my fair red one. It seems we've gotten his blood quite flowing." Tendrils of thick fog rise up to twirl around the scarlet rivers. "Not all our games are foolish, Bloody Boy. You should relax occasionally, instead of always being so threatening. The same attitude all the time, it makes you so easy to read."
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2014-11-26 at 10:34 PM.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Vis looks at Skarne, and then to the sky, to her consort above. Even slumbering, his light provides. She looks to the Phoenix for a way, a way to pierce through the blood and rage. An action that could be taken. And the Phoenix answers. A child, stolen in the darkness, even now moving towards a greater darkness. The child of one of Skarne's favored.

Vis smiles and Skarne. In a moment, then, for actions speak more than words.

Endymion and Vis

The bird creature must have been pleased, thinking he had escaped with his prize. Which would make the burst of fire and light all the more startling. Vis steps from a corona of light and fire in from of the mad gods servant. "Now that's not very nice. You see, I like Skarne very much, and that is one of his most promising children." Vis smiles disarmingly, but a trail of fire drips from her hand. "Hand him over, and you can walk away with your life."

Show

1AP: The Child - Vis has intervened in the kidnapping of Korribans child. Without direct interference from the Mad God, Endymion will have no choice but to surrender the child to Vis, or lose his life.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Endymion was smiling lazily as he sped across the tumultuous roiling of the Sea of Sick. The Mad-God would be pleased, and he would be rewarded greatly. He dipped the child close to the waves, and the Kirr babe cooed gleefully as he tried to grasp some of the sea foam. Endymion then flew up higher into the sky, getting ready to dive even closer to the surface of the ocean when upon a sudden blink of the eyes the space before him burst into brilliant and enthralling flames. The demon-goddess that appeared before the silent shadow was at once arrestingly beautiful, and terrifyingly hideous (at least to the Lethics, she's too bright). Her demand incensed Endymion, that such a creature would dare try to interfere with Somnos' will was almost unthinkable. Still... could something not be made out of this?

"You wish to take the child back to the corrupt bleeding one? Then give me something in exchange for this one's life. Something that will be equally pleasing to my beloved master."

Endymion felt no fear, he was a servant of the god who originally introduced fear into the world after all, but he sincerely did not like the idea of toying with another god. Still, he could not return to Morphion empty-handed.
    Synvallius the Elder
    Inaction is support for the action you did not oppose.
    The rain is my parade.