New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Optimizing/Creating an army of bears.

Pretend I'm a Pathfinder druid for the first time in a long time.
    Pretend I have a dream of being a primarily battle druid, but also want good casting.
    Pretend my main goal is to raise an army of bears, and then run for office and create a world where people and bears can live together, and if that fails, take my army of bears across Golorian and fight for the rights of bears everywhere.

So far the best I got is: Myself in Wildshape bear form, my animal companion (Going to see if DM can rule that bear goes from medium-large at 7 instead of small-medium at 4. He's not too sticky, but he'd prefer RAW), my cohort (another druid), his animal companion, and both our Summoned bears. That's a possibillity of 6 bears, (referred hence to as Bear Calvary 1).

That's about all I got. Any other ideas How to?

(First post btw. created an ac for this specific question.)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Optimizing/Creating an army of bears.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofafrog View Post
    That's about all I got. Any other ideas How to?
    Packlord Archetype.

Instead of having one bear companion, have one unadvanced bear per class level. Now give your cohort this archetype. They also have one bear per class level. Then the both of you take Additional Animal Companion as often as possible. This will give you (class level -3) bears each time you take it. (Or one bear that can actually get animal companion bonuses, if your DM is dealing with too many bears.)

At level 7, you'll have 2 Druid-bears, 7 primary bear companions from Packlord, 5 Cohort primary bear companions, 4 bear companions from Additional Animal Companion, and 2 bears from your cohort's Additional Animal Companion. That's 18 bears. (Or 14 if Additional Animal Companion only gets you one companion)

At level 9, when you have your Cohort take Leadership, you'll have 3 Druid-bears, 9 primary bears, 7 cohort' primary bears, 5 cohort'' primary bears, 12 bears from 2 Additional Animal Companions, 4 from cohort' Additional Animal Companion, and 2 from cohort'' additional animal companions. That's 42 bears. (Or 28 if Additional Animal Companion gets you only one companion.)

At level 11, when Cohort'' takes leadership... you'll be up to 78 bears total, or 43 if Additional Animal Companion sticks to one animal companion.

And then you get into summons and bears you diplomance into joining your horde, and you realize your DM has already flipped the table and left.

EDIT: If you want to have Natural Spell, that shrinks the number of bears a decent amount; at level 7, it's down to 12 bears; at 9, 30 or 25; at 11, 54 or 44.
    Last edited by Fable Wright; 2014-11-19 at 03:51 PM.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Optimizing/Creating an army of bears.

Take a page out of the Swiss handbook, and kit them out properly.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2014-11-19 at 05:17 PM.