New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Banned

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Uwah *gets smothered*

Thanks Skeppio. Once I've got all my gifts I'll be sure to post my loot list here (spoilers it includes stuff from Skeppio, which is why I'm bringing it up here).
    You're welcome. :3

And this gift-giving makes me really wish there was a way you could gift things to friends on the Nintendo e-shop. I'd have a much easier time finding gifts for your birthday/Christmas that way.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Qwertystop's Unexpected-To-Everyone-Or-At-Least-To-Him Random Banter #210

Is it wrong that I live in the mid-west where it is bone dry and warm but I wish I were in New England where all the snow is flying? I miss real winters. I grew up in Maine but haven't been back in many years....anyone else miss Snow?
    So I said to myself "SELF, if I were you, and I think I am, I would be beside myself in embarrassment, so slap myself silly."

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Havelocke View Post
    Is it wrong that I live in the mid-west where it is bone dry and warm but I wish I were in New England where all the snow is flying? I miss real winters. I grew up in Maine but haven't been back in many years....anyone else miss Snow?
    I've seen snow in person only twice in my life (once at home and once on a day trip to the mountains). I sure would like it to snow again in my area, only seen it once ever (it's snowed twice in my town during my lifetime, but I was out of town the second time)!

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Oh sweet, birthday buddys! Happy Birthday Somensjev!
    happy birthday LaZodiac!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Although, wait, Som, aren't you living in the 28th already?
    yes, yes i am. i am the birthday buddy from the future

ION: really want to buy some alcohol, since i can now.. i just don't know what's good
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ettin in the Playground

Happy birthday all!

Quote Originally Posted by Somensjev View Post
    ION: really want to buy some alcohol, since i can now.. i just don't know what's good
    Well, I'm going to start by being unhelpful and say: depends on what you like.

I'm rather partial to scotch, but that's generally not cheap (and some particular bottles can be hard to get a hold of outside of say, Scotland). I'd personally suggest trying a little bit of everything, and it's good to remember that the more expensive stuff will generally taste better. Also, mix things. You can make the crappiest booze taste better by drowning out the flavor with something else.
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Beer smells awful, and I've been told it tastes exactly like it smells.

When I was little, I once dipped my finger in a glass of wine then sucked on my finger, because I wanted to know what wine tasted like without getting drunk; it tasted awful, but that might have just been my finger.

Rum is good, I think, all though all I've ever had is one sip (because that's all I've ever been allowed.)

I have no idea when it comes to mead, whiskey, sake, kombucha, hooch, hard-cider, brandy, or neutral spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    the more expensive stuff will generally taste better.
    So, would saffron liqueur, aged for decades in a barrel made from African Blackwood, be the best alcoholic beverage possible?
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-01-27 at 07:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wine's sort of an acquired taste, but most moscato is good (light, sweet tasting). It is kinda trendy right now, though, so that means there are some not-so-good ones out there trying to cash in.

Beer, you have to look around. I personally can't stand the stuff. Tread carefully.

Rum is also sweet, but it's also a stronger drink. Captain Morgan with some cola is a classic for a reason.

Whiskey and bourbon is another acquired taste. Once again, Whiskey and cola is a classic for a reason and a good place to start. Mix it right and you'll still be able to taste the liquor and that'll give you a good indication of whether or not you'll like it. Recently they've been making flavoured whiskeys (cinnamon and honey being the big two). Personally the only honey-flavored one I can stand is Jack Daniels, and even that's too sweet sometimes, and the only cinnamon ones I can stand are Jim Beam and Jack Daniels, everything else tastes like Big Red chewing gum to me.

Many places will sell small, flask-sized bottles and some might even sell the tiny, mini-bar sized bottles. Good for trial and error, and there will always been trial and error.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome back, Cristo!
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #1149

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Welcome back, Cristo!
    Thanks!

My posting here really has gone down hasn't it? Mostly a combination of being busy and not having much to say, I guess. How're the chickens?

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

They're doing well, thank you. Just coming out of molting and starting to lay again.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Colossus in the Playground

My sister forgot how pants worked today. She spent a good three or four minutes trying to get a pair on, asking me for help, complaining about how she had nooo idea how to put them on. It was kind of hilarious.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

My sister forgot how pants worked today. She spent a good three or four minutes trying to get a pair on, asking me for help, complaining about how she had nooo idea how to put them on. It was kind of hilarious.
    Trousers or underwear? Because either way, that's really creepy.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

13. - Top - End - #1153

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Trousers or underwear? Because either way, that's really creepy.
    Actual pants. If I meant underwear I'd say underwear

14. - Top - End - #1154

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    They're doing well, thank you. Just coming out of molting and starting to lay again.
    Oh cool! Fresh eggs, always a plus.

I was about to say something snarky, then I remembered I've had moments like that...stupid complicated shirts.

ION: I think I've discovered what happened to Kneenibble:

Spoiler
    Show

Clearly we must investigate any nearby areas with a lot of utensils: kitchens, stores, the Iron Chef Arena...

15. - Top - End - #1155

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    I was about to say something snarky, then I remembered I've had moments like that...stupid complicated shirts.

Spoiler
    Show

Clearly we must investigate any nearby areas with a lot of utensils: kitchens, stores, the Iron Chef Arena...
    Well the problem was that she wasn't frustrated, she was just baffled by pants and how they worked. Being frustrated because they're being difficult to put on makes sense.

Oh no! I'll have to stage a rescue attempt...

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

Budgie au vin!

Actually, he might just enjoy that...
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

17. - Top - End - #1157

BlackDragon

Actual pants. If I meant underwear I'd say underwear
    In most places in the UK, "pants" *would* mean underwear--it's a contraction of "underpants". I've only ever met one person here who used "pants" in the American fashion to mean "trousers".

18. - Top - End - #1158

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    In most places in the UK, "pants" *would* mean underwear--it's a contraction of "underpants". I've only ever met one person here who used "pants" in the American fashion to mean "trousers".
    Aaah. Well now you've met a second, mwahaha!

Anyway, I've BASICALLY gotten all my Birthday gifts, so here we go! This is my list of delicious rewards for reaching level 23.

Sonic Boom from Dad
    Persona Q from Dad

Keylime Pie, from Dad
    Butterscotch Confetti, from Mom
    Nutella Brioche, from Mom
    Birthday Cake Flavored and Filled Ice Cream, from Dad

Grim Fandango Remastered, from Teddy!
    Valkyrie Chronicles, from Skeppio!

And many wellwishes from my lovely friends. I love all of you.

19. - Top - End - #1159

BlackDragon

Aaah. Well now you've met a second, mwahaha!
    I meant "here" as in "in the UK", not "on these forums"...unless you actually have moved to the UK without telling us,
    in which case, objection withdrawn!

20. - Top - End - #1160

I meant "here" as in "in the UK", not "on these forums"...unless you actually have moved to the UK without telling us,
    in which case, objection withdrawn!
    I misunderstood! *falls on my blade*

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Banned

Huh. I've always heard it the "American" way here in Australia. Pants=trousers. Underpants=underpants. They're worn under your pants, hence the term underpants. The only time I've heard someone call underwear "pants" was Ricky in The Ricky Gervais Show....

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

My friend, what manner of person is this "Kneenibble" of whom you speak?
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

So I just finished a 12-hour work day. With probably two more to come.

Sometimes being the only one that can do what you do sucks.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Huh. I've always heard it the "American" way here in Australia. Pants=trousers. Underpants=underpants. They're worn under your pants, hence the term underpants.
    Alternatively: they're called 'underpants' because they're pants that you wear under your other clothes. Similar to how an overcoat is a coat you wear over your other clothes.

25. - Top - End - #1165

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusFabrius View Post
    My friend, what manner of person is this "Kneenibble" of whom you speak?
    Kneenibble's a guy from the forum. He's from Canada and he's an adorable gay/bi/omni sexual budgie (and other manner of bird) enthutiast. And a good friend!

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

I might be staying for a 9th semester of college to earn a second major. Except it'd only be 12 credit hours. So the perfect final semester.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Bugbear in the Playground

I might be staying for a 9th semester of college to earn a second major. Except it'd only be 12 credit hours. So the perfect final semester.
    Twelve credit hours plus more student teaching?
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Orc in the Playground

Snow! Snow! Snow! So much snow! Snow everywhere! And I don't even live that far north. It's great.

Anyone else got snow?
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Twelve credit hours plus more student teaching?
    'Twould be 3 CS classes, although two look more like math classes, as well as a gen ed of some sort. And possibly a statistics class.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusFabrius View Post
    Snow! Snow! Snow! So much snow! Snow everywhere! And I don't even live that far north. It's great.

Anyone else got snow?
    Far too much - all classes cancelled yesterday and today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew