New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paranatural

1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Paranatural

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    The doctopus' reaction to Spender. Tasty, tasty pain.
    The way Spender ties it to Max' arm makes it even better.
    Oh wow, nice comprehension, I didn't even get that. It was reaching out for the intense pain that Spender's feeling, worse than Max's broken arm. Very subtle gesture.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

I am absolutely loving Mina. She's awesome, and her family is adorable.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I am absolutely loving Mina. She's awesome, and her family is adorable.
    And she is such a perfect match for Spender.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

I do love how this comic has a habit of making people who act aloof and dramatic look ridiculous.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Panel three is great. How do you explain something like that? Fortunatly Mina's mom has bigger problems with her "laboratory". I've seen worse.
    The alt-text reminds me of a joke. "Of course you can eat off the ground at [location]. You will always find something.
    The entire scene was pretty interesting. I liked the King Doctopus. Seems as if it can more than the small version. (At least when working with a spectral) And it seems the train doesn't like Mina/her energy very much.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The entire scene was pretty interesting. I liked the King Doctopus. Seems as if it can more than the small version. (At least when working with a spectral) And it seems the train doesn't like Mina/her energy very much.
    I thought the entire scene was pretty confusing. I miss the comments on the website because they used to help figure out what was going on.

What I think I understood was:

The "King Doctopus" is a portable operating room. Mina was inside of it when she was doing whatever she was doing. I think it's just a modified inflated surgical glove. I don't know why it's not visible when her mother showed up.

Mirna had lifted off Isabel's skin, along with the dog bite, early in the chapter. She seemed to stick Isabel's skin to her own hand. She was operating on Isabel's skin inside the pink thing a few pages ago. When she was done, she stuck it back on her hand, then back on Isabel somehow.

Whenever the leaves were visible, Mirna was in the spirit world. That allowed her to work much faster than normal when we saw her from the POV of the real world.

The train is wild and injured. It needs to be healed, but it also needs to be controlled. Mirna's energy isn't quite the right shade of green, so it's difficult for her to do it. She doesn't think anyone else can do it, though. Someone else originally tamed the train even though they probably didn't have the correct color, so she think she can. (Perhaps it was Boss Leader, who's color was white?)

Everyone else understand it the same way?
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-04-30 at 07:43 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

One of Mina's spirits has the ability to transfer wounds from one place to another. That wasn't Isabel's skin - it was a wound transferred from Isabel onto whatever that thing Mina was operating on was.

I'm pretty sure Mina is the one who originally tamed the train, but she's never tried to use it as a tool before because she tamed it while it was alive.

Mina was in the spirit world during that entire scene. It's just that she has at least three different spirits whose spirit worlds intermingle and look different from each others'.

My personal theory is that Mina is a Medium. And is using multiple Tools. Because she is an utter minmaxer.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2016-04-30 at 07:49 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    One of Mina's spirits has the ability to transfer wounds from one place to another. That wasn't Isabel's skin - it was a wound transferred from Isabel onto whatever that thing Mina was operating on was.
    Wait, Mirna put something on her hand first, then she lifted something from Isabel, which made Isabel's skin look different. If she had really removed Isabel's wound from Isabel without removing her skin, then why would she have put it back? And yes, I don't mean all layers of skin, but just the outer layer or something.

I'm pretty sure Mina is the one who originally tamed the train, but she's never tried to use it as a tool before because she tamed it while it was alive.
    The train isn't a tool. It's a spirit. The lantern is the tool. Mirna implied that someone she called "she" had been the one who got it under control it before.

Mina was in the spirit world during that entire scene. It's just that she has at least three different spirits whose spirit worlds intermingle and look different from each others'.
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure when she told Patchworm, "Let's begin. Patchworm, if you will," she was asking Patchworm to pull her into Patchworm's spirit world. That's what let her move so fast. At that point she was inside the pink "King Doctopus." Later, you could see her leaving it at which point she was just inside her "laboratory". You could see the same things in the background as when her mother was there.

Now I think the "King Doctopus" was Toolbox. We didn't see it go back into the medical bag, which is probably its tool, but I think that's what happened.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Patchworm is in her glasses: same colored dots as on the cocoon thing.
    Last edited by Agi Hammerthief; 2016-04-30 at 08:13 PM.
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    The train is wild and injured. It needs to be healed, but it also needs to be controlled. Mirna's energy isn't quite the right shade of green, so it's difficult for her to do it. She doesn't think anyone else can do it, though. Someone else originally tamed the train even though they probably didn't have the correct color, so she think she can. (Perhaps it was Boss Leader, who's color was white?)

Everyone else understand it the same way?
    Everything else I more or less agree with except for this.

The train is 'dead' and is now in Tool form. When we first saw the train it was 'alive', a free roaming spirit that Mirna had control over, but wasn't providing energy to. Now she is trying to bring the train back alive despite having the wrong energy color.

This is because of an unknown 'she' who Mirna witnessed doing that very feat. There is no evidence, that the feat was performed with the Train in particular, just with any spirit that had a mismatch in color with the female in question.

There are people in town with the correct color who could bring the Train back, but Mirna wants to do it, in part for the above reason, but also because the Train was her spirit, and Mirna feels she should be the one to bring it back. Also, pragmatically, she doesn't trust anyone else with the Train's power.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

OK, I mostly agree, except I guess we need to define what "dead" means. I was thinking of "dead" meaning completely destroyed forever. I think the train was mortally wounded, but not completely dead based on what Isaac said. It would have died if it couldn't find something or someone to possess, but it wasn't quite dead yet. It got back into its tool and survived.

I think that distinction is important. Forge was mortally wounded. If Spender had completely killed him here, Forge couldn't have possessed Johnny. But it's probably clearer to say "destroyed" rather than killed.

I agree that when we first saw the train it was completely healed and didn't require a tool or Mirna's energy. I don't think that means it doesn't still relax in its old tool, though. Once it was injured, it needed to be in the tool and needs Mirna's energy to heal it. I think she can even speed up the process based on what she said after it was injured.

This is because of an unknown 'she' who Mirna witnessed doing that very feat. There is no evidence, that the feat was performed with the Train in particular, just with any spirit that had a mismatch in color with the female in question.
    I just noticed that the cast page says that Dr. Zarei was the one who tamed the train. Based on her coy reply to Spender, I thought she had just let him think she had done it. Given that, you are probably right about her not talking about the Train when she mentioned "she." Yet the context provided by Patchworm was all about the controlling the train's tool.

There are people in town with the correct color who could bring the Train back, but Mirna wants to do it, in part for the above reason, but also because the Train was her spirit, and Mirna feels she should be the one to bring it back. Also, pragmatically, she doesn't trust anyone else with the Train's power.
    Right, and it's a ego thing. But you are right, she argued that only she could do it, but that's probably not really true.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic

I'm not sure what to think of this "plan" It is kinda stupid, but on the other hand there is a chance it works. I mean from what we have seen from this school's staff so far I'm nit confident they would see through a trick like this if someone told them that it is one.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

I feel like there must be a twist planned somehow, right? That none of these three teachers is harboring Hijack right now, despite what Spender said just now (because it's not like he's never been wrong.) One overlooked factor is that Principal Pleezdo was in the room with all of them when Hijack left Jeff, so she's a candidate too.

14. - Top - End - #74

AssassinGuy

The principal is so wiered, she might be occupied already

Also: yeah, how could the club survive for so long :-)
    Last edited by Agi Hammerthief; 2016-05-24 at 12:23 PM.
    * my emphasis

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    The principal is so wiered, she might be occupied already

Also: yeah, how could the club survive for so long :-)
    Because everyone else is just as silly and crazy as they are. The barrier mostly keeps sane and competent people out.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

new comic

That is a very sinister looking recruitment poster the Student Council put up there. I wonder if that is foreshadowing. Oh, and Ollie is there. I'm sure nothing bad will happen. Wonder what he wants to talk about.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Wonder what he wants to talk about.
    I doubt anything. It didn't look like his silhouette when the note was passed. He said that he had to work the period after gym, so I think he's just there to report for work. Also, I think that if he wanted to talk to someone somewhere, he'd just drag them there. That said, he might blame Max for Johnny acting weird behaving differently than he normally does.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-05-27 at 03:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

AssassinGuy

liking the shadow
    * my emphasis

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The schoolstore is a hive of scum and villainy...
    Of course it is. The only normal thing in that town are the ghosts. And maybe Max. Everything else is so insane that the ghosts seem normal in comparison.

Äh, I mean this isn't a usual schoolstore, right? Not entirely sure what that's supposed to be, aside of a shady bar inside the school.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am in love with that Max shadow.
    Useless arcane powers are better than no arcane powers!

Avatar mercifully granted by Threeshades

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Comic

I guess if Mr. Starchman acted "normal" that would be strange for him. Since he acts "strange" everything is normal.

22. - Top - End - #82

The new comic!
    The last panel. Her face!
    It's like it's saying "...and I wish someone else knew me that well."

That's what I love about this comic: the expressions of the character have so much depth. I really like it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #83

AssassinGuy

cool page layout,
    anyone got a clue what that purple stuff is supposed to be?

"Gross, unidentifiable, purple (food) stuff"?
    Last edited by Agi Hammerthief; 2016-08-14 at 11:50 AM.
    * my emphasis

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    cool page layout,
    anyone got a clue what that purple stuff is supposed to be?

"Gross, unidentifiable, purple (food) stuff"?
    Mashed potatoes.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Comic

Okay, the cast was always on the sillier side, but I have to agree with Patchworm, this is just ridiculous.
    Unfortunatly I kinda expect Mina's reaction to be entirely justified and necessary.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic

And the hide under the table plan seems to have backfired.

I like the new spirit. Looks interesting.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I think Agent Day is successful because she psyches people out and makes them make mistakes like this. She would be very successful against high-strung people like Mina and Spender. That's probably why BL selected her for this mission.

You could see Agent Day enter her spirit state in the third panel of the previous page.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I love the fact that her spirit is holding its own intro slate, even a few panels down. That is quite the ego.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Sandman View Post
    I love the fact that her spirit is holding its own intro slate, even a few panels down. That is quite the ego.
    Well, at least he(?)’s humble enough to hold it himself.
    The guy who lives in Isaac’s head would find someone else to do that for him.

That last panel...
    So Agent Day and Venus’ goal is a apocalypse?
    Nice. I wish them the best.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

he(?)’s
    Definitely male. See Zack's comment below the page.