New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 16: Turn and face the strain

Eastside Park

Sandy waves to Azare and says, "Hey. I'm sorry, but yeah. I do need you to testify in front of the Riverside City Council. Turns out, they won't listen to just me without any kind of evidence. So...Yeah. If you don't want to, I understand, but...They might not shut that place down otherwise."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

"Hopefully to the back so you can enjoy dinner." A rather familiar wolfish voice says from the back. When she looks back, she'll find Wolfy sitting back there, dressed in a suit, and that her back seat has been extended like a stretch limo with a table in the middle between two rows of leather seats. There's two covered silver platters and a pair of wine glasses next to a bottle. "Well?" He asks with a grin, waiting for her.

Lotus Gardens

"I probably should have given a warning, yes."
    Jezebel admits although she doesn't sound very sorry about it. "But I might have missed the rain if we stuck around too long. And I don't mean we couldn't have taken him. I meant that it's merely a MagClone of some type. He won't be able to cause too much trouble with everyone there." She pauses for a moment, blinking as she remembers something and makes a quick gesture in the air, opening a portal so Garn can come through if he wants. If he does, he'll be protected from the rain as well and the portal will shut. Somehow she doesn't seem able to teleport Garn. Perhaps she can only do it by touch.

Once Garn arrives, she looks back up and closes her eyes once more, quiet for a moment before speaking. "My world never had rain. The only liquid that fell from the skies were industrial waste from the floor above us so caustic that it could burn through clothing and flesh alike." She explains.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

A goofy smile stretches over Lyn's face as she realizes the prank.
    "You showoff." she says, and after taking a moment to put the key in her pocket and lock the doors, she climbs over to the back seat.
    "Most of the time when a guy takes a girl out he doesn't do so literally in her own workplace, you know." she jokes.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

"I may be a show-off, but I find people like that about me."
    He admits, his tail wagging as he reaches out to help her over the seat if she needs it. "I hope the wish I granted on you is working out. And nice horns and ears, by the way. They look good on you." Wolfy says honestly with a gentle smile.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn blushes a little as she pulls on her left ear a bit.
    "Oh, geez. Right. They're really goofy, aren't they? I've gotten used to it I think. So thanks." she says. Odd people are a bit more rare here than in Inside, though the Lotus Gardens so close means she's seen quite a few full-blown satyrs (or an entirely unrelated LDK character), which makes her traits far less noticeable by comparison.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

"Not at all. You look cute with them."
    The god points out. "Not many people can pull off the goat ears, but you do." He says, reaching out to rub one gently for a moment if she lets him. "If they bother you that much though, I can always undo them. I think Libra would find some other trait to put on you though." He tells her before gesturing at the platter in front of her. "I got your favorite." He states. Whatever her favorite meal is should be under the cover, and she really shouldn't be surprised as she's dealing with a god after all.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn shrugs.
    "It's not all that bad. Truth be told it was a lot tougher to get used to the whole not eating normal food thing. I don't think when I got a job driving people around I was expecting immortality. So no, they don't bother me too much. Though if you have any suggestions on other looks you think I could pull off, I'd be open to hear them." she says, holding on the food for just a moment.
    She probably just likes being complimented.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eastside Park

"About what exactly?" Azare asks. "I only know the place through my brother and he doesn't exactly see me anymore." She seems slightly nervous about this whole situation. Why did she want her to meet her here of all places?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Eastside Park

Sandy frowns and says, "I see...Well...What do you know about the place, from either personal experience or interaction with your brother? The council is interested in my case, but they need an actual reason."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Wolfy can't help but grin. "Tempting me, are you? Dangerous grounds there. I'm known to be far more than a little mischievous." He informs her as he props his elbows on the table so he can rest his chin on his hands. "I might be tempted to give you a tail, but that would require half your wardrobe to be replaced. Not to mention it'd likely attract all sorts of looks and stares."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn shrugs, still grinning widely.
    "I got rid of that gang with the powers Libra gave me. I don't mind the look, but the reason I wanted it has been done. But it turned out all right, so I think I've learned that I don't mind too much experimenting. To be honest, getting looks nowadays has gotten kinda fun. And you and I both know that replacing my wardrobe is not trouble at all for you. But really, I did think that your wish-granting back there was very tasteful. And all this is very sweet. So...well, I trust you, mischief or not." she says sincerely. She doesn't have a whole mountain of friends, so the positive attention means a lot. Even if it's full of silliness.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

The Wolf-God grins wider before shaking his head with a chuckle. "I merely attempted to improve upon perfection." He says smoothly before leaning back in his seat, still smiling as he gestures at the food. "Please, eat for now. Otherwise I may forget about the food and nibble on someone else." He admits as he lifts up his plate cover to reveal a steak with a side of roasted vegetables . "But that's probably for dessert." He teases.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn lifts the dish. It's a big helping of old-style gnocchi. She frowns as she takes a bite.
    "It is entirely unfair that you can magic up food this good." she says, mockingly unamused.

14. - Top - End - #104

Eastside Park

"They're pretty open with what they do and everyone knows about it. What exactly does the council need? That they're turning people against their will or something?" Azare replies.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"That...sounds sad," Quinn says softly, giving Jezzy a sympathetic look. She can't imagine what it would be like to live in a place where you couldn't go out in the rain, even if just to enjoy it. "I can see how it would be...something you would never want to miss."

She turns and looks away again, checking with Jamie through her telepathy, and relaxes, trying to remember where the apartment that had been arranged for her here was. "I suppose a more...reserved Thanksmas celebration will make up for the disruption by the Magette back there," she suggests, looking back to her impromptu host and Cessie. "Again, you're both invited to visit at GLoG if you'd like."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Eastside Park

Certain sighs and says, as she attempts to place a now-clawed hand atop Azare's head, revealing her true demonic form, "Screw it. You're out here alone. Close enough." Tendrils will extend from the hand, tearing at the woman's soul, trying to extract it and replace it with a demonic Krux, transforming the woman into a demon much like Certain herself.

17. - Top - End - #107

Lotus Gardens

"You didn't-" Cessie begins as she suddenly notices Garn isn't with them. Hopefully he hadn't panicked in the short time they were gone. But sure enough, the gargoyle rushes through, looking like he was expecting some sort of fight on the other side. He calms down once he sees the sorceress however.
    Cessie has by now already taken precautions for the rain, a flat surface of eldritch air has manifested above her head, protecting her from the rain. "Don't worry Garn, Jezebel did not kidnap me. Everything is fine." She calms the construct who's already looking disapprovingly at Jezebel.

Eastside Park

Azare can't do anything about that besides looking shocked as Certain grasps at her. But the mere moment she changes she can hear an all-too familiar voice in the distance. "LET HER GO OR DIE FIEND!" If she would happen to look in the direction of the roar she can see a huge golden-plated pit lord rushing her way, golden flames bursting from his body.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Eastside Park

Certain sighs as she says, "Tch. So typical," and weaves a banishment spell with her free hand, trying to send the pit fiend back wherever it came from, which continuing to drain Azare with her other hand.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    I am the Okami Kei-Jin...he growls, dashing forward with three long steps.
    The speed with which he moves is stunning, though someone with Seyren's abilities may be able to keep sight of him.
    Who are you to speak of honor, fiend?
    When he is within range of the warrior, Okami jukes to Seyren's nonstaff side, attempting to duck under his arm and slash under his armpit.
    Flitter whimpers pitifully as the knee slams into his throat, causing his eyes to widen. He won't let go this round...not just yet.

Meanwhile, with his packmates on either side of Seyren, Trace lunges forward, his teeth seeking out his opponent's face.
    The Pack - Leaving Southside

The pain in his arm fuels the young apprentice, thickening his awareness within his aura. Though the warrior can feel the pack move within it, Okami's movements are much quicker than anticipated. The assassin opts to focus the majority of his force manipulation on the slower moving Trace to clamp down on his muzzle, ideally shutting it. All else he can do is gleamed wickedly as a last second thought.

"Fiend indeed. I am a sith!" Seyren shouts, leaping away from Kei-Jin and swinging Flitter around front to intercept the slash of the werebeast. The acolyte will simultaneously whip his head back into Trace's—ideally closed—mouth. His Force Awareness does little to improve his reaction time, but greatly coordinates his accuracy in multiple independent movements.

It would appear the acolyte is resisting the urge to use his lightsaber, almost enjoying the fight thus far.

"You who choose to dwell among the ashes of my masters' wake wouldn't understand honor if it bit you like your fleas."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Bus to Inside

Cassidy shrugs. "Heck, that's as good a reason as any." She picks this moment to actually sit down, across from Mira. "Not like I ever stayed in the same place, even in the megaplex."
    "Now I'm curious. Is the Megaplex a city?" Mira guesses, "Or a military compound?"

21. - Top - End - #111

Eastside Park

Whatever link Tarim have to Cuthun is blocked by the burning light so the spell simply tugs at a string long forgotten. The pit lord feels like something attempting to pull him elsewhere and screams out in rage as for a moment the light around him seems to fade. He seems to ignore this set-back however and simply charges at Certain with his wings closely folded to his sides. Tarim is aiming to body tackle Certain with all his weight. Simply bullrush her and force her to the ground underneath him.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-12-12 at 06:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Eastside Park

All Certain has time to do before Tarim crashes into her, severing her connection to Azare, is blink and say, "What the f-" before she is bowled over in a crashing heap of herself and a presumably very angry pit fiend.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Northside Hospital]

Obriane looks like she's going to reply when she suddenly turns her head towards the door and gasps. The next moment something moves into the room like a big black blur. The doors are slammed shut as by their own accord the head of a creature that looks like a mix between a snakes and a wolfs appears out of the blur, it's long forked tongue slides out, tasting the air with a drawn out hiss. The being looks between Kitty and Obriane, it's eyes glowing with a intensity that would be hard to match. But then it opens it's mouth and utters words that shardply contrasts with the burning hatred in it's eyes.
    "I'm not here to hurt you." The voice is barely restrained, like it could unleash a roar or just throw itself at their throats.
    It then pause and for a moment only it's heavy breath can be heard, like it needs to calm itself down.

Outside Kitty and Obriane can hear someone attempting to open the doors which doesn't exactly seem to calm the creature before them's nerves. It's really breaking apart mentally by just seeing the two. "LISTEN! You need to understand what I will do. What I am." Three huge snake tails manifest out of the darkness and blocks the door. "My name was- is Miriam. I was human once, just like you are now." The creature laughs a hollow, almost painful laugh. "Funny isn't it? It's almost like we're in opposite positions now, you and I." 'Miriam' says as she stares hatefully at Obriane. If they object it won't listen, it's voice powerful and intense enough to easily cut through theirs. "But you, you aren't human, whatever you might hide behind you are just a monster. A monster that you made me into. But not before you removed everything I loved of course." She breathes out again in a low huff. "But you made a mistake when you made me remember, when you didn't think I would ever be a threat since I could never hurt you..." The creature moves closer to obriane, it's tongue moving up and down into a hiss. "Since what could I do to a monster that doesn't care about anything or die? You wait until it does..." It's voice trails off as Miranda's tongue disappears into her mouth once again, which closes into a big wolfish grin. "I will take vengeance for all that you did to me, all you did to the others. Even if I can't kill you I will make you suffer just like you made us." She laughs like a maniac, all pretenses of sanity shattered in an instance. "First I will kill your father, then your mother, then that little offspring they left... and whatever else you learned to hold dear during your joytrip into the human world." Miranda turns to look at Kitty and grins like a chesire cat. "Then I will kill her when you come to stop me." The creature then backs away. "So hurry back to your parents. I won't be killing them until until you're there so I can make you watch, or until I grow bored." She then giggles childishly before her head disappears into the black blur that makes up her body along with her tails. The doors burst open as hospital personal rush in as Miranda simply makes her way through them, disappearing out of sight.
    [Northside Hospital]

Kitty can do nothing but stare at the... thing as it threatens Obriane. She wants to get up and leap to Obriane's defense, but she can do nothing as weak as she is. "Obriane..." She looks at the other woman after the being is gone. Her eyes are wide with fear. What can she even say to that? She can't imagine how Obriane must feel now.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post

The pain in his arm fuels the young apprentice, thickening his awareness within his aura. Though the warrior can feel the pack move within it, Okami's movements are much quicker than anticipated. The assassin opts to focus the majority of his force manipulation on the slower moving Trace to clamp down on his muzzle, ideally shutting it. All else he can do is gleamed wickedly as a last second thought.

"Fiend indeed. I am a sith!" Seyren shouts, leaping away from Kei-Jin and swinging Flitter around front to intercept the slash of the werebeast. The acolyte will simultaneously whip his head back into Trace's—ideally closed—mouth. His Force Awareness does little to improve his reaction time, but greatly coordinates his accuracy in multiple independent movements.

It would appear the acolyte is resisting the urge to use his lightsaber, almost enjoying the fight thus far.

"You who choose to dwell among the ashes of my masters' wake wouldn't understand honor if it bit you like your fleas."

Now, throwing Flitter into Okami is an excellent idea, a thought only broken by the fact that Flitter can teleport even in the most dire of situations...
    The wolf does so, but this leaves Seyren's arm free, Trace's muzzle closed tight, and Okami with claws extended, possibly about to take a chunk out of the Sith Acolyte's armpit...a nasty wound, to be sure...

With all of Seyren's actions taken into account, Flitter will wait to jump back into the fight, Trace is momentarily stunned via headbutt, and Okami is likely going to drop to a roll and pivot to face his opponent, regardless of the success of his attack.

)(bolding the important parts)(
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

"Unfair? Certainly."
    Wolfy agrees with a smile as be starts to eat. "Is that something you wish you could do?" He asks in-between bites. "I will warn it takes the fun out of learning how to make it yourself though."

Lotus Gardens

"My thanks, Quinn. I'll take up the invitation if I can."
    She promises before looking over at Garn, ignoring any discussion of her homeworld at the moment. "My teleportation was limited and I didn't wish the two to get hurt." She tells him before shrugging. "I'll try not to separate you from your Mistress like that again." Jezebel swears. She doesn't put much faith into the promise, but she'll try to keep it. It's just that she doubts Garn could dislike her any more than he already does.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn nods between bites.
    "Yeah, you're right. Food in general is less fun now that I don't need it any more, that much is for sure. Not having to worry about getting randomly shot is nice, but the whole emotion thing is weird."
    A pause.
    "What are you god of anyway?" she asks.

27. - Top - End - #117

[Northside Hospital]

Obriane have no idea who this horrible creature is, nor does she have any idea why she was threatening her. Her mind just comprehends this as a crazy persons talk and there wasn't much to disprove that. What makes her body run cold however is how the monster suddenly threatened her family for imaginary slights. She felt an endless wellspring of terror and helplessness burst through her as she realized how serious all this was. But it's not until the creature and she realizes she hasn't even so much as lift her arm or spoken a word to stop it tears start running down her cheeks. What was she going to do? Just moving caused her back to ache. She couldn't even move.
    For the moment she seems completely lost in her own grief and doesn't even react to Kitty as the medics looks around in an attempt to discern what just happened.

Eastside Park

While she have briefly extinguished the burning light which has to resist the banishment effect, Tarim was still a huge person ans his sheer weight and strength probably will work for his favor in this encounter. The pit lord attempts to grapple Certain's arms while giving her the headbutt of a lifetime with his visored skull. If she's still conscious after that Tarim will offer her a simple offer. "Surrender or die!"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Eastside Park

No offer is made as the headbutt rather decisively knocks the demon mage into the wonderful world of unconsciousness. Do demons dream of diabolic sheep?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bus to Inside

"The Seattle Megaplex? Yeah, it's a city." Cassidy recalls what a friend of hers said. "A decker from the old days said that it used to be Seattle and a few other cities, then Seattle kinda blew up and absorbed all the smaller towns."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bus to Inside

Mira blinks.

"Oh! You meant blew up as in expanded. Okay. Yeah, I can see that happening. So, what's the thing from your world? They seem to have things, you know? Mine has superheroes, another has vampires, that kind of thing."