New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 16: Turn and face the strain

[The Third Circle]

The goat-dog creature gets a rather sidelong glance. And it's not as subtle as Sebastian might think.
    "Yes. I'd think so." He hesitates, and then admits, "Ah, I'm not entirely sure what 'the gathering' is? My background isn't really in magic and I've found almost no-one who knows much about this variety."

Well, there was that guy.
    The one who wouldn't shut up about killing people and general acts of evil.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

Exar shrugs. "Beats me. You'd have to ask the boss. He says-"
    And then abruptly Tep is there, leaning slightly on the counter as if he hadn't just teleported in from his office in who knows where (it's upstairs).
    "I tried playing that game, but not only did I never figure out what The Gather was (was it how you summon monsters?) the Nexus meant that there was eighteen different parallel Earth's sets in play and it was altogether far too confusing for me to even bother, figuring out which world reprinted Black Lotus and which ones were actually sane. When the Lord of Knowledge gives up, it's probably not worth it.

I don't think I have any actual Planeswalker documents, but I can keep an eye out for them for you. I won't even charge for that!"
    says the demon lord amiably.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #243

[The Third Circle]

Well, that gets a jump out of him.
    "I, uhm-" Sebastian scrambles to catch his books, as they try to slip out of his grasp and generally make themselves awkward. "Heh. Yes, the uh, the card game? I did try that. It all felt very silly when there's so much real magic around. And apparently, really being a wizard doesn't make you at all good at it."

"If you could hold any books you find, that would be great."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

Tep nods. "No problems at all. Can we ring you up for those?" he offers pleasantly, gesturing at the rebellious books in Sebastian's hands.

5. - Top - End - #245

[The Third Circle]

"Oh, yes thank you." With a slight pause to tuck the books securely under his shoulder, Sebastian follows Tep to the counter. "So, how does one become 'the lord of knowledge'?" He asks, with an amiable sort of skepticism.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

Tep nods, and brings the books over, lifting them for Exar so the imp can scan the barcodes.
    "You have to be appointed by Aeon to demon lord status, and then choose all things esoteric as your domain. At least that's what my title means in my world. But since he did it a bit sneakily it'll be a while before my domain is constructed, so I'm taking time off to live here until that happens. Don't have to worry about running the place, and I barely have any souls to manage, since until I'm official I don't get that many folks looking for their afterlives. Why, interested? I'm always looking for more subordinates who are after my job. I think it'll be a few years before Exar starts eyeing it. Right Exar?" he says with a chuckle. The imp squeaks and shakes his head furiously.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Third Circle]

Dena nods. "You're really good at this, sir. Have you considered mercenary work? It might suit you." She adds in the same tone as Dipsnig. Awfully cheery these mercenaries.

Cell

Tarim doesn't bother replying to that last part. "You 'knew them'? How exactly? Explain to me how you came in touch with them."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Third Circle

"Oh, but surely I already have! For where are we when those who enforce our laws care not for the plight of its people?"
    He says melodramatically.
    "Or at the very least, the plight of those who are paying the taxes that pay for their general wages. There are certainly quite a lot of them around here. Their dissatisfaction could add up to a nasty little blemish on your paychecks." he says, straightening himself with a shrug.
    "That's quite a chance you're willing to take," Dipsnig observes. "A lot can happen to your business by the time Malechenar becomes unsatisfied with our performance... if they do. Riverside has never been the safest of cities."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    The Lotus Gardens

"I think I'll stop by there for a little bit and relax," Quinn agreed after a moment's thought. "It's been awhile since I took a break, so spending a little time here can't hurt." She smiled, bowing politely to Jezebel and Cessie. "It's good to see you again, I just wish it could have gone better."
    The Lotus Gardens

Garn nods, but doesn't reply. Just taking in the information in silent consideration.

"I'd like to see your thankmas preparations before I leave." Cessie tells Jezebel. "Feels like I barely had time to enjoy that yet." With the battle and all.
    The Lotus Gardens

"I'll be sure to stop by after a bit to see if there's anything you need, Quinn."
    Jezebel promises, reaching out to give her hand a squeeze before turning to Cessie and giving a nod. "The preparations are only minor now due to the rain, but some have been set up." She explains. "Should I stop the rain?" She asks, looking back up as she ignores her wet clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Eastside

Lyn blinks. That is, indeed, far more complex than she can really understand.
    "That sounds really confusing." See?
    "So, do all those versions have totally different realms and afterlives and stuff? Erm, maybe I don't want to know. It doesn't matter too much to me, either. Getting stuck with immortality means I don't have things like that to look forward to. Which is fine; you should enjoy the present anyway. Just thinking about that much time makes my head hurt." she says, putting a hand to her temple dramatically.
    Eastside

"Many different afterlives. I run a few of them. I stretch out through all of the multiverse, though I keep to a mere observation role for the vast majority of the worlds."
    He explains. "Some of those worlds are paradise." Wolfy says with a pleased sigh. "Tell you what. When you find a companion, I'll take you two to one such world."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn blushes.
    "Oh gosh, don't even start. I haven't a clue how to approach guys. Not that I really need to much anymore I guess. Between my horns and my chest it's impossible to go through Southside without getting whistled at by at least three satyrs around the Lotus Gardens. I don't suppose you've got a list of single folks among the rest of your miracles. I'm sure finding people okay with the goat thing would probably narrow it down. Though I wouldn't mind losing them for that. Might actually be fun, trying different things." she says, laughing a bit at the idea.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

"I know quite a few actually. Anything in particular you're looking for?"
    Wolfy asks, completely serious. "I admit most are warrior types as they're the kind who normally associate with gods such as myself, but that doesn't mean they're fools."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn looks a little surprised at the question, but quickly shifts into pondering.
    "Mmm. Strong is fine. Nice, actually. Just...not to forceful, you know? That's why I wouldn't ever respond to the compliments I get, you know? Always from people who'd want to go too fast for me, you know what I mean. Like I said, not minding my weirdness is a must, or else I'd have to take you up on your offer. On the other side of things...well, two legs, please." she says slowly.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

"Tomorrow you'll meet a good one. I promise. I can't say who it is without spoiling things, so you'll have to recognize him for what he is."
    Wolfy explains. "Does that work for you?" He asks. "And what sort of changes would you like? You look good with the ears and horns, but there's all sorts of looks you could pull off."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn continues to blush at the very idea.
    "Oh, thanks Wolfy. Uh, I don't know, I'm really bad at asking for specific things. What would he like? Call me desperate, but I don't have any real wants, so really I don't have anything solid to ask." she says, embarrassed.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Wolfy can't help but grin a bit. "He'd probably be fine with most anything if given a reason to think about it." He explains, but he still looks at her closely and holds up a finger. To her it's just him wiggling the finger around, but from his view he's tracing her figure in the air and contemplating. A tug on a line there there, a tuck there...

Lyn will feel her hips widen to become soft and cushioning. Luckily for her, her clothing switches with her so it isn't ill-fitting. Finally, she'll feel a bump on the base of her spine grow until it poofs out into a cute little goat tail. That last part is going to draw all sorts of attention to her. Finally there's a soft scent of jasmine that begins to fill the air, seeming to come directly from her. "There. Subtle, but it should be effective."

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "That's quite a chance you're willing to take," Dipsnig observes. "A lot can happen to your business by the time Malechenar becomes unsatisfied with our performance... if they do. Riverside has never been the safest of cities."
    The Third Circle - Mercenaries!

"Plus, think it as free advertising for your store that we can throw in, free of charge." Dena promises.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn shifts in her seat a bit as the god messes with figure, not really sure what's going on. She probably won't really notice until she looks at herself in the mirror later. She does hop up in surprise as her spine grows a bit. She looks down her rear, torn between a smile and a grimace.
    "You're determined to make walking down the street harder for me, aren't you? But...my other two forms have this tail, so it's actually kind of a relief. It was almost weird not having it. And at least it's not visible from the car, so I should have to worry about it on the job. So that works out. Thanks." she says, wiggling it a bit. She pauses to sniff at the air. Giving a sidelong glance to the god, "Perfume?" she asks.

The Third Circle

Tep snorts.
    "Unless you plan on publishing this deal, I don't think I'm going to get any advertising from this.
    But I'm afraid you've miscalculated a bit. You see, this store is here for me to add to my own personal collection of books, to act as some training for my new imps, and because it's generally fun to do so. I couldn't care less about the store itself, though it would probably be an insult to the poor old man I bought it from. So to put it simply, if you decide to ignore me when I need help, I'll be offended, but on principle, not in capital. And so just on principle alone, I refuse to be the first demon lord to be successfully intimidated by a mortal performing a protection racket like any two-bit thug. As the expression goes, 'sod off.' "
    he says, scowling by the end, and he moves to adjust his spectacles.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-12-18 at 04:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

"It'll be your natural scent now. Where the man is from it's a rare flower, so it's sure to get his attention."
    Wolfy explains. "If you're wanting something a bit more severe in regards to changes, I don't think that'd be too good of an idea. After all, you want the man to see you as you, right?"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn beams.

"Well, it sure as hell beats out smelling like a goat. Thanks!
    And yeah, I really like how I am. But a week ago 'me' was flat-chested, human, and not well, glowing. So I thought that since change can be good I should keep my options open. That's all. Thanks, Wolfy. You're as tasteful as always."

A pause, as she looks around.
    "Did you mess with time at all? I just realized that I could get in trouble for taking a dinner-date in the middle of my shift." she says, embarrassed.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Wolfy shakes his head. "Not at all. I have the meter running. I figured it'd take care of the other stops you might have had tonight too so your boss doesn't get angry." He explains, finally finished with his meal so he leans back and gives her a warm smile. "And thanks for the compliment. I do try to restrain myself so no feelings get hurt. Changing someone too much can lead to unpleasantness after all."

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Cell

Certain sighs and says, "Before I was enlightened, I had a small but annoying curse. They helped lift it. That's it, really."
    Cell

Tarim snorts. "Really? Just tell me everything instead of leaving out details all the time, you're just making this longer than it should be. What was this curse?"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn smiles. That takes care of that.
    "Yeah, I honestly lucked out that Libra got the crazy fey being thing to be something pleasant on the second try. So...well, no offense to her, but thanks for being more efficient." she says sincerely.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Wolfy smiles and reaches out in order to take her hand so he can kiss her knuckles. "It's a pleasure. You have a good night, Lyn. And I wish you luck in the morning. Just do one thing for me even if it doesn't turn out perfectly. Enjoy yourself." He tells her with a wink before simply vanishing, leaving a warm feeling behind to wrap around her so she stays warm the entire time she's away from home.

She'll find that the god has left more than a little money behind, capable of paying his fair and more.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside

Lyn sighs. She wishes her work days could all be that nice. She drives home cheerily, only needing one or two other trips before she turns in the cab for the night. Good thing she already had tomorrow off.
    She giggles a bit when she changes clothes and realizes what the god did, but it's certainly nothing all that embarrassing. She goofs around for a few hours, just enjoying the night before she turns in for bed. Sometimes she shape-changes in her sleep, but tonight she doesn't.

24. - Top - End - #264

[The Third Circle]

Sebastian just laughs. "I don't think so. Seems I've read quite a few good books about avoiding deals with demons." Not these ones though. In the Mix, Maize & Mandrakes, among other textbooks on alchemy and magical botany. With a certain lack of irony, Darroch's Demonologies is in the pile. "But.. You're a lord of demons and souls and you still make time for hobbies? Books? Seems a bit out of character to what ends up in print."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-12-18 at 05:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

[The Third Circle]

Dipsnig sighs theatrically.

"Don't say we didn't warn you. Let's go, Dena."

He mounts Viima again, ready to leave.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle- Planeswalker

Tep shrugs. "Is it so odd that a knowledge-demon likes books? Besides, I use this as a way to expand my collection. I can keep any books that I buy and want for myself, after all. And it's a good place to find people who might help me chase after a volume or two. And it's fun and gives the imps something to do, so I can't see why not." he says.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Cell

Certain sighs and says, "If you must know, I was a werefox briefly. They cured me. Happy?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

[The Lotus Gardens]

"I look forwards to that," Quinn assures Jezebel, returning the squeeze with a smile. Cessie and Garn get a small, formal bow of fare-well before the brunette turns to head to her Lotus Gardens Apartment.

The rain never bothered her anyway.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northside Hospital]

Obriane squeezes Kitty's hand tightly. "Y-yeah, but we can't stay here. We gotta get healed." She rambles in the same shrill weak voice as before. "We have to move."
    [Northside Hospital]

"Obriane, Obriane. Listen to me." Kitty says as soothingly as she can. "It's going to be okay. No one is going to hurt your family. We're going to help them, but right now you need to rest." Kitty's own exhaustion starts to slip into her voice. It's taking all her effort to hold her hand up.

30. - Top - End - #270

[The Third Circle]

"That's fair. Kings and idiots alike collect books." Sebastian comments, with a nod, producing his wallet and counting out payment. Tep might notice that the well doesn't run too deep - although why a demon would take note of possible temptations, why, I simply cannot say. "The, ah, work you mentioned needing help for? Is it especially dangerous? I might be interested, sounds like it could be fitting for my talents." He asks.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-12-18 at 08:14 PM.