New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default a sneaky adventure

So, my group wants an occasional break from or main session. They want it to be sneaky and our Dm wants to be a player in it, so I'm the dm.

Now, I've never Dm ' ed before, and between college, rowing and work, I've realized I'm too lazy to make something from the ground up, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good stealth focused adventure

It's a group of 3 low optimizers, so a wizard won't a wizard won't break anything. Thanks in advance!
    I'M NOT CRAZY!!

I just find sanity a rather dull affair

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: a sneaky adventure

Well, The Forge of Fury will let them Seal Team Six an old Dwarven Hold. The Fright at Tristor is a quest with a bunch of investigation in it and you can stealth your way through the bulk of it. Both are 3.0 so they need a bit of an update but nothing to major.

Personally i say go with Forge of Fury as there are 3 ways IIRC into the Hold so they have plenty of options to go all commando on them, and its meant for lvl 3 starting so they have some levels to play with.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2014-11-21 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: a sneaky adventure

I know it's a slightly different boat in D&D than modern games like WoD or CoC, but a heist game is pretty easy and rewarding to design in my opinion. You make a thing, you make someone who wants the thing, you make someone who has the thing that doesn't want anyone else to have the thing, you make a bunch of stuff to keep other people from getting the thing, and watch your players lateral-think out the window and onto the awning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Do not try a linear campaign, without some discussion with them. Players very often look at your hooks and then try to accomplish it in a different way, not touch it, try to do the complete opposite, or somehow set it on fire.