New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] Mortal World IV

"They obey. His title isn't 'King' for nothing; he's nobility that rules above nobility. Typically out of reach, but that's where his similarities with God pretty much end. He's neither omnipotent nor omniscient.

But do tell. This conversation just took a turn for the interesting. How do you figure God exists?"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

"That's the fallacy right there", the stranger says. "I don't believe this King is technically speaking all-powerful or all-knowing. It could still very well be as close to that as to not make a difference from where we stand. Don't you think it odd? Shinigami, themselves, are pretty powerful. Strongest of them are like gods to mortals. What kind of power would one need to compel their servitude? Or other sorts of beings, for that matter... you know there's Hell, right?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

"One might make the case that I should be there.

As for why the Shinigami obey him, I really don't have the foggiest. Same reason they obey the noble houses in spite of their gross difference in power, I presume - that's just how their society is structured.

Anyways, he doesn't seem to command them to do anything directly most of the time. Every once in a long while, they'll get some contact from him, or in dire situations, a little bit of help, but that's about it. Mostly so they know he's still alive.

Sometimes Shinigami get picked to become part of his personal guard, too, but that's even rarer."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

"But that's the thing. Why is their society structured like that? I don't know a thing about their nobility, but I'd guess that for the system to work this long, they have to have some sort of legitimacy. Something to back up their power." The stranger rises to a sitting position. "There aren't a whole lot of options, really. Either the King really is so powerful as to render any resistance meaningless, or he's important in some other way that makes removing him from the picture impossible. Earth, Heaven, Hell... the whole cycle of reincarnation as it is, really. It's too neat of a system to have occurred naturally. Someone made it, and I don't think it was the Shinigami. At the moment, everything points to their King. Or do you have a better guess?"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

"You speak a whole lot of sense. I don't think even the Shinigami really know.

Mind you, most of what I'm saying is technically secondhand from when I last sucked a Shinigami dry.

In any case, it's my understanding that Gotei and Soul Society as a whole are pretty much the creation of the Reiou. Gotei came later, though, I don't think the Shinigami are much older than human history itself. They might even be the humans' juniors. Whether Pluses or Hollows came along before Gotei is a different deal, though. Before my time. I can't say for sure.

With most nobility, the deal generally goes that someone manages a large feat in a group of humans and gets enough respect to start bossing them around. Then that right ends up transmitted across generations. Some couple of centuries after that, people follow the royal family's orders simply because that's been the way since before their great, great, great grandfathers and they don't know the difference. With the Reiou isolated from the rest of Soul Society, there's a good chance no one knows the answer to that question anymore. Heck, it's possible the Reiou isn't even the same who founded that structure anymore.

If you're positing that the Reiou is God, then we run into the usual questions when we consider the physical possibility of God."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

"No, I don't think so. I think the question of physical possibility is pretty much settled. Something's up there, and it's greater than any of us are alone", the stranger remarks. "I think there are far more interesting questions than that. Like, could something down here become its equal? There is a man I... have heard of. At least once, he considered himself the logical endpoint of all existence. He thought himself powerful enough that someday, he'd devoured every soul in existence. So suppose he did that. Would he be able to overthrow the King? What would happen if he did? Would it just end the world, or would it be remade in his image?"

"Or lets approach this from another angle. You said the King occasionally takes one of the Shinigami to him. That implies there's a way to reach him, but is it possible against its will? It'd be odd if, in all these years, no-one's ever tried. What became of them, huh?"
    The stranger lays down on his back and yawns. "I know you don't have the answers. But have you considered finding out? If you don't have any unfinished business down here, what else would be more worth your time?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm not entirely sure that's how it works. There's really nothing that could indicate that whatever power made the current system possible is exclusively the King's. For all we know, one of the reasons he pulls Shinigami to his side is to keep his realm the way it is. He obviously has no need of information - after all, he hand-picks those that make it up there, that means he can watch them.

I think it's easy to assume what happened to anyone who actually succeeded. They were treated as invaders. If someone made the first trip, then that means the process can be recreated. No such thing as a lock one can't pick or a door one can't kick down, after all.

I think you're giving the Reiou an importance and power he's really not due. I might be curious enough to find out at some point, however."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

"I'm Katsuo. Um... are you lost? Are you okay?" Katsuo isn't really sure how to proceed here, keeping his guard up and trying not to assume anything.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Rendezvous Point B)

"...ultimately it's his decision what to do, snowball. And I haven't given up on telling him to just wash his hands of this." Yuuta leaves it at that, cooperating fully. The bonds aren't even particularly necessary.

(Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Misaki stands and stares after Yoshiro, her expression blank. She's not even trembling, as would be expected. She is something akin to a doll which has been set to stand on its strings. Limp, eerily still, and emotionless.

At Momoko's prompting, she just turns around and walks away stiltedly, like the puppet she was described to be. She heads for the exit, of all places.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

"I suppose you do know how to wait. Much more than any." Momoka admits this with a small chuckle, moving on to the next point of the conversation.

"As for your desire for a world of your own... that is very likely true. You would meet many who would not say it is a small thing to ask. And I do not believe that our Commander's objections are rooted in that, so much as the means you have employed to reach them. Your actions have embittered him, not your goals. Personally... I think more is to be gained working with you than against you. But I highly doubt that will come to pass." She offers a sigh and shrug. "If you truly are Izanami's zanpaktou, as well, if you were to function normally, killing you would not necessarily restore you to Izanami's form. But I don't particularly care for making the assumption that is true. After all, you are unprecedented to begin with."

"So allow me to tell you what I intend. I intend to upset the established order of the Seireitei. Central 46 is perhaps not a pit of corruption, but it is a pit of stagnation, and that is just as harmful to the people. And the noble families that compose it... they are not all bad. But they represent an inequality in the equation that must be balanced. I hold no illusions that such a change would resonate through the whole of history, but change must occur for us to move forward. Hollows are not simple monsters anymore. We need not fear the cycle of reincarnation so. For life will continue to grow, and with it, the fabric of spiritual existence. Even with the compression of souls inherent in Menos Grande, even through the destruction of Quincy craft."

Satomi actually offers a chuckle at this, which Momoka looks askance to. "...do not mind me. Simply do not let some of our more... extreme elements hear that. They would insist on some nonsensical theory of the souls that Quincy touch going to a greater purpose. What is more... I admit I feel some kindred spark with you. But it may just be imagination."

"...perhaps so. Nonetheless... Erscheinung Von Geister, as far as I can tell, your representation of life is explosive. If you truly intend to set to a world of your own, and you succeed, the nature of spiritual existence will shift. I do not believe this to be a bad thing. And so I ask, what do you plan to do to reach your goals?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo-???]

The little girl flinches, as if scared. Katsuo will find that she's staring at his gauntlets. She shrinks, and starts taking steps backwards...

[Ikari-Kuzunoha Sanctuary]

Momoko reaches for her shoulder, trying to get a response out of her. It seems the woman knows what shock looks like. "Wait, Misaki-chan..."

[Ikari - Rendezvous point B]

Fun fact: Shinhee knows the restraints aren't necessary, but he doesn't bother to tell Hasunaga that.

"Well, if he doesn't, I know you'll still take up helping him out, so that's not a big issue.

Let's get back to the Sanctuary. Yoshiro may want to see you once he wakes up. And he does have a new reality as a cripple to adjust to."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

[Somewhere in Russia]

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I'm not entirely sure that's how it works. There's really nothing that could indicate that whatever power made the current system possible is exclusively the King's. For all we know, one of the reasons he pulls Shinigami to his side is to keep his realm the way it is. He obviously has no need of information - after all, he hand-picks those that make it up there, that means he can watch them.

I think it's easy to assume what happened to anyone who actually succeeded. They were treated as invaders. If someone made the first trip, then that means the process can be recreated. No such thing as a lock one can't pick or a door one can't kick down, after all.

I think you're giving the Reiou an importance and power he's really not due. I might be curious enough to find out at some point, however."
    The stranger chuckles. "Oh yes, I forgot. We're only talking about the rules of the afterlifes. Not a big deal." Then, he closes his eyes... well, the ones on his human body, at least. And starts sleeping, from the looks of it.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    (Streets)

Hell Wasp drops back for a moment... only for Honey Bee to hock up a massive glob of honey at Toki.

At the same time, Queen Bee shoots a barrage of stingers from her abdomen, at which point Hell Wasp stabs again, her lances moving with shunpo speeds as she thrusts.
    The simplest way to deal with an attack like Honey Bee is to simply not be there when it happens. The simplest way to deal with an attacker like Hell Wasp is to make each attack a waste of effort, and the simplest way to deal with a barrage of quick strikes is to have cover.

Toki could've done all that with a single barrier. Simple. Elegant. And annoying to his opponents.

But that would be putting him on the defensive. And he had just taunted the girls in question.

Honey Bee's attack hits the wall to which Toki's back was turned. While on the move, Hell Wasp caught up to the Master, whom decided to show her exactly what a bad idea it was to face him head-on. Grasping one of her lances, Toki slammed his shoulder smack against where her heart would be. This had two distinct effects. First, it caused him to snap her lance as he forced he backwards with her weapon still held in place. Second, it shot her like a cannonball straight towards Queen Bee's stinger barrage.

There was a distinct chance this would perforate her wings, making her less mobile.

"Ready to give up yet?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Somewhere in Russia]

The stranger chuckles. "Oh yes, I forgot. We're only talking about the rules of the afterlifes. Not a big deal." Then, he closes his eyes... well, the ones on his human body, at least. And starts sleeping, from the looks of it.
    "It's a lesser deal than one might think. Like in regular life, you don't get to change things unless you're willing to tackle the big men. Otherwise, your ability to impact said afterlivelihood is completely unrelated to your ability to worry about how things work."

But by then, he figures the man is sleeping, so Sagarosso stops monologuing.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

"I'm Katsuo. Um... are you lost? Are you okay?" Katsuo isn't really sure how to proceed here, keeping his guard up and trying not to assume anything.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Rendezvous Point B)

"...ultimately it's his decision what to do, snowball. And I haven't given up on telling him to just wash his hands of this." Yuuta leaves it at that, cooperating fully. The bonds aren't even particularly necessary.

(Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Misaki stands and stares after Yoshiro, her expression blank. She's not even trembling, as would be expected. She is something akin to a doll which has been set to stand on its strings. Limp, eerily still, and emotionless.

At Momoko's prompting, she just turns around and walks away stiltedly, like the puppet she was described to be. She heads for the exit, of all places.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

"I suppose you do know how to wait. Much more than any." Momoka admits this with a small chuckle, moving on to the next point of the conversation.

"As for your desire for a world of your own... that is very likely true. You would meet many who would not say it is a small thing to ask. And I do not believe that our Commander's objections are rooted in that, so much as the means you have employed to reach them. Your actions have embittered him, not your goals. Personally... I think more is to be gained working with you than against you. But I highly doubt that will come to pass." She offers a sigh and shrug. "If you truly are Izanami's zanpaktou, as well, if you were to function normally, killing you would not necessarily restore you to Izanami's form. But I don't particularly care for making the assumption that is true. After all, you are unprecedented to begin with."

"So allow me to tell you what I intend. I intend to upset the established order of the Seireitei. Central 46 is perhaps not a pit of corruption, but it is a pit of stagnation, and that is just as harmful to the people. And the noble families that compose it... they are not all bad. But they represent an inequality in the equation that must be balanced. I hold no illusions that such a change would resonate through the whole of history, but change must occur for us to move forward. Hollows are not simple monsters anymore. We need not fear the cycle of reincarnation so. For life will continue to grow, and with it, the fabric of spiritual existence. Even with the compression of souls inherent in Menos Grande, even through the destruction of Quincy craft."

Satomi actually offers a chuckle at this, which Momoka looks askance to. "...do not mind me. Simply do not let some of our more... extreme elements hear that. They would insist on some nonsensical theory of the souls that Quincy touch going to a greater purpose. What is more... I admit I feel some kindred spark with you. But it may just be imagination."

"...perhaps so. Nonetheless... Erscheinung Von Geister, as far as I can tell, your representation of life is explosive. If you truly intend to set to a world of your own, and you succeed, the nature of spiritual existence will shift. I do not believe this to be a bad thing. And so I ask, what do you plan to do to reach your goals?"
    "Well, well. Aren't you something then. I would say you pose a greater threat to the Seireitei than I do right now."

"But if you must truly ask, I will make this world greater. I can't lie and say there will be nothing but growth and prosperity, that is now how life works after all."

A sip of tea.

"No, there will be mediums. There will be hollows. And there will be violence. There will be prey and predators. And the unending war for survival among spirits will do the same as the unending war of living things does. It will create tools, weapons and armor of the most varied flavors for me to add to my arsenal. I will grow greater, my minions will grow greater, and on and on it shall go. With new tools, they shall spread to the furthest reaches, and there they will need different tools. And on and on it shall go."

"You will find that I am not really about the goal, it is all about the journey. And the likes of me, well. We don't really intend for the journey to end. That is for finite, mortal things to concern themselves with. Maybe one day my journey will take a turn, but for the time being, that is the road I intend on. A road of hardship, yes, but one of ambition and of greatness as well."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]

Katsuo frowns. "...I'm not going to hurt you. But there might be things around here that will. So... I need these on to protect you, okay?" He gives a slight encouraging smile.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Misaki doesn't stop. She just keeps on walking. Then, when she exits the shrine, despite the weakening effect lingering on her, she disappears in hirenkyaku. With the spiritual masking she had put on her, she's effectively disappeared, even to the many shikigami about the town.

(Streets)

Hell Wasp gasps as she's thrown back, and indeed her wings are sliced through as she hits the ground... then, is pulled through a hole in space. As are the others.

...well that was easy. Maybe.

...but probably not, as a malicious snicker comes from behind Toki. The second challenger, it seems. She too looks like a teenage girl, maybe even preteen, but Toki's hackles likely raise nonetheless. The spritely Felicia Von Geister stands there (in a school uniform, of all things) with a hand over her mouth as she snickers, before revealing creepily sharp teeth.

"Seems like my posse needs a little more training. Maybe you could do it, muscle man?"

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

"Some would certainly say that. And if I should be considered dangerous to the concepts of stagnation and the unchanging status quo, that is all I should ask of myself." Momoka sips her tea calmly.

"I have no intent of interrupting your journey." There is an unspoken understanding that Momoka still is wary of Von Geister, but that should be expected. "After all, you only describe the path humanity, spirit or mortal, have followed. While violence comes with each new generation in grander spectacles than the last, the upsides also grow. We are in a alliance - tenuous though it may be - with 'creatures' we once thought our bitter, eternal enemies. The world changes. And if the Seireitei does not, it will be swept away in the tide."

"...and so, I have something to ask of you." Von Geister likely gets a sense of some manner of spiritual blanket over the area between Momoka, Satomi, and him.

Spoiler: DRAKEN ONLY
    Show
    Spoiler: For srs
    Show
    "As a master of genetic manipulation, can you provide me with some manner of biological tool that could, when exposed to another spiritual being, manipulate their cellular structure to mirror another? Simply their blood and other secretions that could be used for identification. Keeping their appearance, and keeping enough of a trace of their old blood composition to still register on records as them, but to also register as another person. Namely, the tool user."

Momoka pauses as the fog melts away, and shrugs. "...now of course, you owe me nothing. I simply ask as someone who knows how much you like to stretch your abilities."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-04-15 at 06:40 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]

Katsuo frowns. "...I'm not going to hurt you. But there might be things around here that will. So... I need these on to protect you, okay?" He gives a slight encouraging smile.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Misaki doesn't stop. She just keeps on walking. Then, when she exits the shrine, despite the weakening effect lingering on her, she disappears in hirenkyaku. With the spiritual masking she had put on her, she's effectively disappeared, even to the many shikigami about the town.

(Streets)

Hell Wasp gasps as she's thrown back, and indeed her wings are sliced through as she hits the ground... then, is pulled through a hole in space. As are the others.

...well that was easy. Maybe.

...but probably not, as a malicious snicker comes from behind Toki. The second challenger, it seems. She too looks like a teenage girl, maybe even preteen, but Toki's hackles likely raise nonetheless. The spritely Felicia Von Geister stands there (in a school uniform, of all things) with a hand over her mouth as she snickers, before revealing creepily sharp teeth.

"Seems like my posse needs a little more training. Maybe you could do it, muscle man?"
    [Izumo-???]

"You're not... scared of me? Aren't you a bit TOO trusting, onii-chan?"

Katsuo might be reminded of Shaya's warning then...

[Kuzunoha Sanctuary]

Momoko doesn't try to stop her.

After all, this was expected.

[Ikari City - Streets]

"There is not enough money in the world you can pay me, child." Toki replies in a tone that might come off as halfway between condescension and sarcasm. "You're one under the old ghost. Does your daddy know you're up past your bedtime?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

[Von Geister Manor, Tokyo]

Von Geister brings a hand to his chin and rubs it in thought.

Spoiler: Are you a straw?
    Show
    Spoiler: Are you a berry?
    Show
    Spoiler: Are you a man?
    Show
    "You are asking for quite the fancy trick girl, I will need more specifications. Knowing what exactly you want to do would help."

[Ikari, Streets]

Toki can't see it, but Argos is throwing a small fit all around Felicia.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

[Somewhere in Russia]

Well past noon, the stranger finally gets back up and lazily gets on his bike. He rides wordlessly for hours again, before having to stop for more gas. He takes his sweet time, enjoying a cup of coffee and eating a bun before continuing. The black sludge tastes awful, but the stranger makes a point to pretend it's the most delicious drink on Earth, as if to mock Sagarosso - provided the "vampire" is looking.

Slowly but surely, they're making their way towards the sparsely populated area above which the broken remnants of far Rukon float. It's nowhere in sight yet and they'll have to get off-road to reach it, but Sagarosso can probably sense it by now. It is, after all, the largest concentration of spiritual matter on Earth as it stands.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

It is also mostly where he was headed before the stranger caught his interest. Even though it isn't a particularly surprising destination, the fact the stranger is headed there is interesting on its own, at least to a point.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Streets)

Felicia snickers. "Pay you? As if. You don't have a choice in the matter. Because, musclehead, as far as anything's concerned..." She pulls a short sword from her back, speaking her next line with a gruff mockery of Toki's own voice.

"You're already dead. Spread." Black fog explodes through the alleyway, the barriers that Toki set up providing a perfect seal for the nauseating vapor. Then, with a deep inhalation, it converges on Felicia again, revealing her form as much more predatory. Clawed, furry feet and hands, snakelike tentacles extending from her shoulder blades, and feral fangs poking from her upper lip. She gives Toki a vicious grin, expelling black mist with every word she speaks next.

"How about you give up now?"

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

Momoka shrugs, opening her mouth again, but the sound is muffled from the outside.

Spoiler: DRAKEN ONRY
    Show
    Spoiler: Did the onry not make it clear?
    Show
    "Simply put, I am interested in some manner of biological device that could alter a person's genetic code. Not their appearance, simply any other identifying marks such as their blood, saliva, and other material used to identify them. They would register simultaneously as two people, while still appearing as themselves."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-04-19 at 01:26 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

[Ikari, City Streets]

The onmyouji remained silent and still as Felicia spread her 'wings', as it were, but that teasing tone earns a chuckle from him.

"That's a lot less impressive if you remember that Abe-no-Seimei was supposedly able to ressurrect the dead." Toki replies, deadpan.

"But as long as we're slinging memes at each other, you should know you've activated my trap card.

Sakeishoukan: Tragic Lovers."

Huh. Nothing seems to have happened...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Not particularly concerned with the situation, Naito storms forward and breaks down the door to the building with a shotgun blast from one gauntlet.
    Spotlights shine down on Naito's form as the door, which seemed perfectly smashed to bits when that blast hit it, seems to be nowhere in sight as of now.

There's a hint of... cheering? And a faceless crowd from somewhere out in the darkness.

Naito finds that somehow, there is now a stage underfoot.

A very chipper, rather annoying male voice calls out to receive the youth.

"Well well well well well well well well well! It seems our guest of honor is FINALLY here! And just in time too, we were getting tired of waiting. Ain't that right, folks?"

Disembodied auditorium laughter follows. Another spotlight shines down on a male dressed in a garish purple suit with a huge yellow-and-blue polka-dot bowtie around his neck. He has bright green, regent-style hair, and golden irises.

"Our guest for today is a freak of nature brought about by the very 'special' Akiyama family of Quincy! Please put your hands together for the DESTROYER OF THE SUPERNATURAL!"

Out of the darkness steps... Alpha-1. In a simple but elegant blood red sundress. There's cheering and whistling and clapping as she steps out with a huge smile on her face. She gingerly throws kisses out to the faceless crowd, actual tiny hearts materializing and popping in mid-air as she greets them.

"Hellooooooooooo, everyone! How are you today? Thanks for having me on the show!"

"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum! Hard to believe something THIS cute came out of THAT body! If I were a couple hundred years younger, mrrrrrrroooww!!"

Laughter ensues.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2015-04-20 at 05:19 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Naito glares around at the stage, confused by the sudden transition. Confusion makes Naito angry. Actually, most things make Naito angry right now. They glare at host when he makes his appearance, but refrains from taking violent action immediately. Staying calm and all that.

Then Alpha-1 emerges from the shadows. Naito visibly snaps.

"Annihilate! Candanga Negra!"

With a loud roar, Naito transforms into their demonic Resurrección, and launches themself at Alpha-1, closing the gap between them nearly instantly and attempting to sink their claws into her throat.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]

Katsuo frowns. He hadn't forgot, he just wasn't sure how to interact with these things. Shaya did say that people were lost in here...

"...where's Naito?" He doesn't dismiss his gauntlets.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Streets)

Felicia snickers. "Do you know how stupid you sound?" As more black mist fills the enclosed space, she fires a rapid-fire barrage of bala at Toki. Much faster than the stingers, and there was no one to throw in the way.

Plus, if they manage to hit him, they quickly eat away at clothing, defensive applications of reiatsu... and if he had neither of those, he likely feels searing pain at the impact points as the "acid" eats away at his skin for a short period of time before fading.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo - ???]

"He's not somewhere you can reach, onii-chan.

But don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt him. He seems to be doing a pretty good job of that by himself.

You, I can at least talk to. Why are you here?"

Well, he HAD clothing right up until the bala began eating away at it. With a deep breath and a grunt, he flexes his muscles for a moment as his Reiatsu tears his shirt clean off and dissipates the remaining effect from her bala.

"That's probably because I tend to adequate my dialog to the level of my audience.

If you're having trouble keeping up, I could dumb it down more. How does that sound?"

He wasn't in an offensive stance at this point. He probably didn't actually need one. Or he was pulling some sort of trick.

He pretty much announced as much, in fact. The fact Felicia was attacking him after that didn't say anything flattering about her ability to understand the situation.

Alpha-1 pops and explodes in a shower of confetti all around Naito's gruesome form.

The audience laughs.

"Oooooooooo, that was some scary stuff, folks! Our assistants will now be distributing some clean underwear for those of you who did NOT see this coming!

They'll also be presenting you with a new pair of glasses. Because seriously, this was pretty predictable right there."

If Naito cares to look around, he'll see the 'assistants' in question are copies of Alpha-1 in a French maid uniform. But the "friendly" host moves to wrap an arm around the beast's shoulder before wheeling around to show a screen - he's deceptively strong for his size, it seems.

"Don't be showing all the goods so easily! Cuz you see, my friend, tonight is ALLLLLLLLLLLLL about you!

Tetsuhiko Naito..."

The audience joins in cheering,

"...THIS IS YOUR LIFE!!"
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2015-04-20 at 06:08 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

[Izumo]
    The Stage

Naito does, in fact, look around after Alpha-1 explodes. It takes a second or two, but they put two and two together and slump a little, the black fog of their Resurrección sloughing off as the host wheels Naito around. Despite at least no longer being imminently violent, Naito forcefully shrugs away from the host's arm, clearly unhappy to be touched.

As the premise of the illusion becomes clear, Naito's lip curls up into the start of a snarl before Naito closes their eyes and takes a deep breath to remain calm.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

What follows is a movie detailing the horrible, horrible highlights of Naito's miserable life with colorful, tasteless commentary by the 'host', usually following the audience's laughter. There's at least one instance of Naito being displayed in a nightgown to the whistles and jeers of the audience.

Really, it's all in such bad taste we chose to snip past this to the next relevant part of this scene, wink wink.

"Well then, Naito-chan!Why don't you tell us what you came to the show for? I'm sure the audience is dying to know!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

The duration of the movie is nothing less than torture for Naito. An exceptionally private and sensitive person, being laid bare like this is agony for the Quincy. Violence, however, has been clearly demonstrated to be a waste of time. Fighting would only be giving whatever twisted intelligence controls this area what it wants.

That, more than anything else, is utterly unacceptable.

So Naito grinds their teeth, digs their nails into their hand, and otherwise channels their anger into more constructive outlets until the movie is over. As the host poses their question, Naito runs their fingers roughly through their pale hair, still trying to burn off remaining frustration.

"Paying back a debt."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

"And what kind of debt is that, exactly?" The host asks with all due curiosity.

Which was strange. It somehow took no issue with showing the youth's life, as if reflected on a mirror, yet --

Wait. Reflected on a mirror...

Whatever is running this show isn't poking at Naito's mind and using it against the Quincy. This is actually Naito's mind turning against itself!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]

"...because I want to help my friend. I can't leave without Naito, or the sesshouseki." Katsuo frowns.

"...and maybe Naito is hurting himself, but that's all the more reason I have to look for him. But you don't have to be in my way, you can help." ...he's really not afraid. Or angry. He just wants to get through this with and for his friends with all of his heart.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Streets)

If Toki wants to write off her intelligence, that's fine, but it would be a mistake, because she is merely testing the defense at this point. She bares her teeth at the man as she expels more smoke.

"...says the guy who's standing around." She charges him, and slashes offhand with a claw strike at his torso.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-04-20 at 07:28 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo - ???]

"They just don't make them clear-headed like you anymore, do they?" Her voice remains the same childish tone, but the psyche behind it is clearly much more mature. While it's clear she seems to prefer the appearance, she isn't bothering with trying to trick Katsuo at this point. "I don't think either of us can really stop Naito right now... that kid has been on a self-destructive path for a while. But there's hope yet.

Why do you need a sesshouseki? Most boys your age don't even know what that is."

"I'm a gentleman. Ladies first."

It quickly becomes apparent WHY he's standing around, as Toki doesn't try to dodge the strike. He simply steps so it misses anything vital.

At the same time, he shoots a punch for his right arm... the same arm that Felicia used to swipe at him.

The end result is that Felicia ends up with a gash across her torso, and possibly a bruise in her arm. Both will heal as fast as her regeneration allows, though...

...and astonishingly, so do Toki's wounds.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2015-04-20 at 09:47 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

[Izumo]
    The Stage

Naito is silent for several seconds.

"He was hurt because I was too weak."

They stare at the ground.

What else is new? It's not like I'm a stranger to my...own...

Naito's eyes narrow. Reaching up, they remove the shades on their face and slide them into their shirt. They look around, back in the direction of the audience, at the screen, and finally at the host.

"All of this. It isn't how you see me. It isn't what I am. It's how I see myself. You're just turning my mind against itself."