New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] Mortal World IV

[??? - ZHE headquarters]

Caeyrn looks out over the audience. His thoughts race in many directions: all these people, what he plans on doing, what he should do, how he needs to react, what this means. . . . Fortunately, his face doesn't reflect that. If you can think something different from what your face shows, you'll have a lot of free time during filming shoots.

His face shows a simple smile, pleased for the honor of being here. His hand reaches out to shake his uncle's hand. "Thank you," he says. "It is a great honor."

[Kuzunoha Compound]

"Oh." Miya stops whatever self-depreciating downward spiral of thoughts she was currently stuck in. "I had completely forgotten about it." It's true. Seeing Naito completely distracted her.

Which is weird. Usually training and practicing completely dominates her thoughts to the detriment of everything else. "Sorry. I was rude for forgetting it."

On the bright side, Momoko managed to distract Miya!
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo gives his best quick bow to the woman, entirely unfazed by her lack of modesty.

"I'm sorry, Miss! Yamada Katsuo, we're here for Shinji!" He just kind of trusted that she knew what was going on here.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister's Lab)

Umeko holds back a scream as she and Naomi are dragged into the vat, just assuming that this wasn't just an extremely odd setup for some crazy thing that should come out of a hentai doujin.

Under the surface, she takes a quick experimental breath after Von Geister speaks, then calms herself down with a few more pronounced, deep breaths. To say her life flashed before her eyes at some point in all of this would not be farfetched. This was beyond anything she'd experienced, it was stranger and thus a bit more terrifying than even the attack she suffered, and yet...

Even in the odd sensation of tendrils basically permeating her body, she thinks of the first time she and Naomi spoke, two children on a playground, drawing with chalk (one of them considerably better than the other). The black-haired girl giving the more exotic one company, since the other children wouldn't, or teased her relentlessly about her hair. With this image overpowering her thoughts, she struggles for a bit, looking for Naomi, before she brushes against what she thinks is her arm. She confirms this, then... holds Naomi's hand tightly (but not uncomfortably so).

Umeko was there. They were in this together. With that accomplished, she just... waits.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-12-07 at 05:33 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [??? - ZHE headquarters]

Caeyrn looks out over the audience. His thoughts race in many directions: all these people, what he plans on doing, what he should do, how he needs to react, what this means. . . . Fortunately, his face doesn't reflect that. If you can think something different from what your face shows, you'll have a lot of free time during filming shoots.

His face shows a simple smile, pleased for the honor of being here. His hand reaches out to shake his uncle's hand. "Thank you," he says. "It is a great honor."

[Kuzunoha Compound]

"Oh." Miya stops whatever self-depreciating downward spiral of thoughts she was currently stuck in. "I had completely forgotten about it." It's true. Seeing Naito completely distracted her.

Which is weird. Usually training and practicing completely dominates her thoughts to the detriment of everything else. "Sorry. I was rude for forgetting it."

On the bright side, Momoko managed to distract Miya!
    ((Gonna let Dorizzit get a couple of words in edgewise before I respond with Miss Mysterious Miko.))

Momoko sighs, but smiles.
    "It's understandable. You have a lot on your mind - one can tell just by looking at you. Now come with me, if you would. We should be getting to the training area. I separated an uniform you can get dressed in."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #64

[Izumo]
    ???

Naito seems indifferent, but it's more due to confidence than anything else. The troubled youth doesn't even bow.

"Tetsuhiko Naito. We're looking for a Sesshouseki."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

"So you're the guests we've been expecting. You were not supposed to trip my Shikigami defenses... did a Hollow ride in with you?" The Miko looks around, her purple eyes glowing for a moment as she seems to look around for trace amounts of Hollow energy.

"Mistress... I'm sorry. If only I had been a little less cowardly..."

"You're so hopeless, Kenichi. I have no idea how you turned out to be like this when I'm the one who made you in the first place."

The tiny Shikigami shrinks in place like a wilting flower. The poor guy.

"So I see the two of you are here for my cou-- the Grandmaster. He certainly seems to keep curious company."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #66

[Izumo]
    ???

Ah...

Naito snaps their fingers, in realization. Then, Naito's Reiatsu flares up a bit; it isn't a full combat manifestation, but enough that a large serpent can be seen coiled in the swirling patterns of Naito's power. In response to this, Naito's eyes shift momentarily into the yellow and black of a Hollow.

"That would be me. It's a long story, but it's under control."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [??? - ZHE headquarters]

Torahiko is taken into a part of the complex he's not been to before. It's full of people in white labcoats running about. He gets the feel it's some sort of a medical wing. Some of the rooms they go past have windows in them, and he can catch a glimpse of some humanoid figure wrapped in bandages being suspended in a chair with iron bands, with some doctors poking him with needles and electric prods. No sound can be heard, but based on jerking movements of the humanoid, it would be reasonable to presume the figure is in considerable pain and screaming bloody murder.

"Don't worry, you won't have to go through that", the Nachfolger assures him. "That procedure is only for special prisoners of war. We're just passing through to fetch another who will accompany you." They reach the end of the corridor, and the Nachfolger opens the door for Torahiko. Inside, there are two young medics, one maly and one female, and one really old dude with shaggy white hair who looks a bit like Albert Einstein with his eyes covered by black goggles. They all turn to look at the door in surprise.

"Is the patient ready?", the Nachfolger asks when he steps in. "We're going to need him for a presentation."

The old scientist lifts up his goggles and looks at the Nachfolger in bewilderment. Then, it hits him what it being talked about. "Ah, the patient. Yes, Herr Adler. The patient is ready. Do you need now or...?"

The Nachfolger nods. "Yes, now would be good." He beckons towards Torahiko. "Tachibana, please help the good doctor in moving the patient."

At this point, the two medics have brought a wheel chair to the room. It's covered by a white sheet, but it looks like there's someone sitting under it. The medics look expectingly at Torahiko. Apparently, he's meant to push the chair along while following the doctor and his savior, who is apparently called Adler. If and when he does as asked, he'll find the chair is pretty heavy - there must be someone on it.
    Torahiko tries to stay quiet as he's taken to the medical wing. He also tries not to pay too much attention to the "prisoner", partly because that looks really painful, and partly because that's probably one of those things that just gets worse the more you think about it.

The fact that there were even more people here raised a lot of questions as to the exact the zeriben himmel's forces, the dialog between the doctors and his savior. Who is apparently named Adler? It's probably fortunate he's developed a certain sense of knowing when not to give voice to questions recently.

"Of course." He readies to push the wheelchair. He hasn't heard anything from whoever is under the sheet, or seen them move. That on it's own had certain implications that he didn't want to overthink while he was pushing them. But they were apparently also in line for this ritual for combining hollow derived energy with the heilig pfeil?

He still wasn't entirely clear on how his own ability worked, let alone how the upcoming ritual was going to let him use it alongside the heilig pfeil. He'd made some progress with it, but it seemed to be missing something. Shape, directionality, focus? Those sounded right. And took his mind off some of the more disconcerting things in the medical wing.

That train of thought will probably keep his occupied until they get wherever they're going next. Unless someone speaks to him, of course.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Izumo]
    ???

Ah...

Naito snaps their fingers, in realization. Then, Naito's Reiatsu flares up a bit; it isn't a full combat manifestation, but enough that a large serpent can be seen coiled in the swirling patterns of Naito's power. In response to this, Naito's eyes shift momentarily into the yellow and black of a Hollow.

"That would be me. It's a long story, but it's under control."
    The look Naito receives is neither aprehension nor disapproval per se. It's hard to place.

"I'm sure. I'll have to take your word for it."

Kenichi sighs with relief. At least, he feels like he's off the hook, for now.

"My name is Shaya. I'm the mistress of this branch of the Kuzunoha. Nice to meet you two, such as it is.

Come. We have much to discuss."

The little fox-like Shikigami runs on ahead.

"So... Tobioka thinks he could rouse the Grandmaster by using a Sesshouseki, huh?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

[Tokyo, Japan]
    [Von Geister's Lab]

Happy thoughts.

Naomi had a bit more trouble focusing on them - the only reason she didn't scream as she was immersed was that she didn't quite get the chance before losing access to the surface. This wasn't good. She couldn't see, she couldn't really do... anything, save for maybe try to quell the rising panic as she felt the substances set to work on her flesh. But... there was Umeko. Yeah. That she could focus on. Naomi wasn't one to linger much on memories, but there were a few burned in deep, and the first time Umeko had asked her out on a date was up there with the best of them. That had been a small room too, and quiet in the midst of all the chaos of the Olympics. They'd been together since. They were still together.

Yeah.

This was going to be okay.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

[Unknown place - ZHE headquarters]

Mr. Adler leads Torahiko back to a more familiar place, the empty airplane hangar where much of his training has taken place. Except, this time, it's not so empty. There's a lot of people gathered there for some kind of event. Some of them Torahiko knows already, as they're his new squadmates. "Ah, the Belenus clan. You have a rather convenient timing. Please make way!", Adler shouts and directs people to the side so Torahiko can push the wheelchair towards the center of attention. When he and Adler get there, Adler salutes the two people standing there.

"Caeyrn Belenus. Or Sir Belenus, I should say. I'm pleased to see you. We've been waiting." Adler lets his hand drop after Caeyrn has replied to the greeting. The actor might recognize Adler from his voice - he's the person who interrogated Margrave. Torahiko, meanwhile, might recognize Caeyrn from all those movies. ZHE must have a rock solid recruitment program to have attracted someone this famous!

"It seems you have already heard the news of your upcoming promotion. I was sent here to fetch you to a holy communion that'll be held before the ceremony proper. Young mister Torahiko Tachibana will be accompanying you." Adler beckons towards Torahiko. Then, Adler turns towards the crowd. "But, since you're here as well, we might show you something before we leave. Doctor, if you would...?

The elderly man with wild, white hair has just been following along this far. Now, he straightens his back and clears his throat. "Ah, yes. What I'm going to show you, is a new victory to our esteemed organization and proof of the great potential we Quincies have as the true masters of afterlife. Now, it's not solely my own achievement. Much of it was based on reverse-engineering the methods of our enemies. The Akiyama may have been heretics, but I will give credit where it's due. Since then, they have, of course, repented their evil ways and even now help our holy crusade... *ahem*..." Realizing he's getting sidetracked, the scientist scratches his head a bit. Then, his eyes brighten, and he grabs the sheet that's been covering the wheelchair up till now.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the first among his kind, soon-to-be corporal of the conscript platoon... Demetrio!"

Oh hey, it's the lazy Arrancar who used to be in charge of watching over Ikari. Of course, neither Caeyrn nor Torahiko would know that. Looks like he's been captured by the Quincies. His skin and hair are completely bleached white, and his eyes stare blankly at the floor some feet before him. His mask fragment has been stripped off, and his Hollow hole is hidden by his clothes, so there's little way to tell he's an Arrancar. He's been dressed in a rather snazzy, white military uniform with black buttons and Quincy insignia. His arms and feet are bound to the chair with iron cuffs. The doctor hurries to open them.

"This monster... sorry, this man... used to be one of our enemies. But like all spectres, his body is made of Reishi, the substance we Quincy can control... there!" The last restraint released, the doctor takes a step back, smiling widely. "The Akiyama tried to combine our Holy Bood with powers of Hollows. Such a sin lead to predictably poor results, save for one girl who, alas, is no longer with us." That's a... rather embellished version of the tale of Alpha-1, to put it mildly. "But, our greatest enemies, the Hollows, now living the cursed city of Las Noches, have unwittingly bestowed us a boon! The crude, instinct-driven minds of base Hollows and Menos could not grasp the fundamentals of our arts! The could only devour and destroy. But now, as Arrancars, their minds are capable of logic once more and their brains resemble those of humans... with modern scientific knowledge and our powers over spiritual matter, their minds become programmable to us, like computers! We can make them realize their error and have them fight on our side against their evil brethren and the treacherous Shinigami! This is the true pinnacle of our control over Reishi - the truest form of Sklaverei!" Beaming, the doctor turns towards poor Demetrio.

"Now rise, and greet your new masters!"

The hands of the Arrancar twitch and he lifts his head. Torahiko can't see his eyes, but Caeyrn can. They're full of mixed emotions, primal hatred and fear fighting with obedience. Slowly, the man stands up. Both Torahiko and Caeyrn can sense Hollow Reiatsu from him, and for a moment, it feels like Demetrio might leap forward and strangle the raving geezer.

But then, the Arrancar straightens his back, his feet snap to attention, and he salutes. "Es lebe der Kaiser!", he shouts with full sincerity. Some people in the crowd break to applause.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #71

[Izumo]
    ???

Naito follows after Shaya, unruffled by her unreadable look.

"Close. Shinji left us a...Shikigami, I think they're called...that had a copy of his personality. It told us to try to find one to bring the real Shinji out of his coma."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

"...he did WHAT?"

OK, that clearly ruffled HER feathers some.

"...how could he be so irresponsible?! There's only one reason any onmyouji ever does something this dangerous..."

She's muttering and rambling and clearly distressed. Apparently any communication she had on this didn't come from Shinhee.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Tokyo, Japan
    (Von Geister Manor, Lab)

All will be well.

A few minutes pass before the voice returns.

"Time is up."

Some sort of hard platform raises the two women out of the pool as if a chair, eyes likely closed, giving only the barest hint of a powerful green light filling them room.

The light dims, and they can feel the substance in the pool slithering away from their skin, it is likely safe to open their eyes now.

It is a vision of teeth. Gnashing and sliding across railings of flesh set upon an ivory carapace, its mandibles arranged as it petals of a flower, the source of the light is in the center, three green eyes fused together. Armless hands the size of men tap the ground, and vast arrangements of bone covered in taut hide fold around the thing as leatherless wings would. And trailing off behind the vast thing is a mass of countless tendrils.

There are scant few beasts one could liken it to and all of them only very vaguely. It is not a starfish nor a medusa, and most certainly not a bat or a squid, definitely not a tulip either. Nor perhaps a shark or a beetle.

"Everything appears to be fine."

It would seen they are sitting on a second pair of disembodied, hovering, six-fingered hands as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #74

[Tokyo, Japan]
    [Von Geister's Lab]

To someone who knew what they were looking at, this would no doubt have been very specifically terrifying - a unique and singular fright reserved for situations of this magnitude. However, as far as the uninitiated Naomi was concerned, the monstrosity that had picked her up was just one more generally terrifying thing to file into the list of today's incomprehensible horrors, right next to exploding woodland critters and a hike in the gibbering abyss between time and space. So Naomi just continues her internal mantras, tries to take a deep breath without screaming (success!), and covers her face with her hands for a few moments.

"...could you put us down?"

Homebrew:

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo looks slightly pained, but stands tall to the woman. "...he did what he thought he had to, to save a friend. So, we're doing the same. And that's all that's important right now!"

Well then.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister's )

Umeko steels herself as she's lifted up... and is still surprised considerably. But where some might scream and try to escape, Umeko just latches protectively onto Naomi.

"...it's done? ...good, yes, please put us down." A bit demanding, but hey, the old ghost did just expose them to a lot of creepy crap.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo looks slightly pained, but stands tall to the woman. "...he did what he thought he had to, to save a friend. So, we're doing the same. And that's all that's important right now!"

Well then.
    "You don't understand. No one Grandmaster of the Kuzunoha does what he did unless he's absolutely certain he's going to die."

Oh.

"Imprinting one's memories and personality into a Shikigami is very dangerous. Given time, the Shikigami usually attempts to take over the identity of his former maker. For obvious reasons, a Shikigami can't stand in as leader for too long, so they obviously feel rejected when they're replaced. They can turn violent, or traitorous, or both.

What the Grandmaster did is something that hasn't been done in centuries, with good reason."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Tokyo, Japan
    (Von Geister Manor, Laboratory)

The floating hands descend and deposit the two women on the floor.

"Ho ho ho. Good reactions."

The now freed hands clasp themselves in front of the great thing, which twiddles its many thumbs as it speaks.

"So, how do the two of you feel?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #78

[Tokyo, Japan]
    [Von Geister's Lab]

"I feel... weird." Naomi puts a hand to her lower abdomen for a moment, tracing down a short distance before pulling it away and turning rather pink, crossing one leg in front of the other. "I can um, feel that it worked though. It's... a little uncomfortable? I mean, I can tell I have... um. Sorry, this is just going to take some getting used to. It'll probably be fine once I'm not so... dazed? Nothing actually... um, seriously hurts, anyway. It uh... aches though, like, there's a lot of pressure, is that normal? That's going to go away, right?"

Naomi seems extremely uncomfortable right now - physically and emotionally, though judging by her crimson flush it's the latter that is dominant at the moment as she begins to fully register the physical effects of the Blight.

Homebrew:

19. - Top - End - #79

[Izumo]
    ???

Naito snorts.

"I don't see how this is an issue. He used a f***in' Jack Frost as the Shikigami template. It just means we have to put the clone down before it causes any trouble. Not that hard."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

"That's what the 17th Kuzunoha Shiki figured too back in 1560. Make it small. Harmless. His template was a hinotama - which you should know, has only light, no real flame to speak of. It can't grasp anything or hurt anything.

That little shikigami just disappeared one day, no one knows where to.

The next day, Nobunaga Oda would go on to take the head of Yoshimoto Imagawa and initiate a two decades long reign of terror.

Now consider this. The most threatening military technology at the time were muskets."

Shaya lets that be her response.

Naito was too quick to forget that a shikigami with all the knowledge of the Kuzunoha head honcho also had access, indirectly, to the wisdom of a millenia-old fox.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Or Naito's just confident.

"Yeah, because they stopped paying attention to it. Now that I know what to watch out for, this thing won't get a chance."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

"You're at least 450 miles from him now. What does that say about your ability to stop him?

It's a moot point anyway. If you do find the Sesshouseki it shouldn't be too difficult to wake Shi-- the Grandmaster up. It's what happens after that worries me.

In fact, you worry me."
    Shaya replied to the unstable young man.

"But enough doom and gloom. Let me formally welcome you both to the Kuzunoha branch in Izumo. We specialize in lacquerware, sake you aren't allowed to drink yet, indigo blue dyed goods and shikigami. Lots and lots of shikigami."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

All of this doom and gloom talk is, no surprise, lost on Katsuo. He's not got much to say in the wake of this, so he nods at the concept of moving on. Notably, he doesn't really step up to defend Naito...

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister's Lab)

Umeko holds Naomi rather tightly, unawares that it might be making the issue slightly more uncomfortable, what with the close contact. But she looks up to Von Geister with conquered (but not unexistent) fear.

"...I don't know if I'm supposed to feel different. I'm still recovering from... whatever that was, but I don't think I feel different. Of course I didn't have... anything really -added- to me. ...right now, I think, if we're done here, I'd like to just go home and rest. I'm sure Naomi would, too. It's been a weird few hours."

Not even a day.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister's Lab)

"You received a few treatments for a number of issues that would crop up in a few decades and very little else. Barring unfortunate circumstances, I think you might reach your second century of age in quite good conditions. Both should."

Uh...

"And you will probably need some coaxing in the ins and outs of the new anatomy. But since you wish to return home, I will just tell my house to ready a pamphlet you can read later."

"Argos."

The black gate opens once more besides the thing, which uses a hand to gesture the couple in.

"You should receive a call from an editor I work with within the week."

"Ta ta."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister's Lab)

Umeko's mind reels a bit at the concept of living into her hundreds, but it's a minor thing still. Just another drop in the bucket. With that, she stands, helping Naomi up as needed, and stepping carefully towards the void. For a moment, she pauses, looking back to the Old Ghost. "...I hope you'll understand if I reserve my thanks, for now. ...for this, anyway. Helping Naomi with a job, and possibly helping us with a house, those are things I can understand, and for that, I'm grateful. I'm sure you'll be in touch, so I'll give you a proper thanks when I don't just want to collapse in my bed."

With that, barring last comments from Naomi, she walks through the void.

(Okinawa - Umeko's Apartment)

The passageway opens up in the living room of Umeko's apartment, and with a careful step, the former athlete steps through, then plants herself on the couch, running her hands through her hair for a few minutes before looking up to Naomi.

"...are you okay?" Yep. Not much more to ask than that. Sure, she was probably still feeling strange, but Umeko could still ask for an overall assessment.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

All of this doom and gloom talk is, no surprise, lost on Katsuo. He's not got much to say in the wake of this, so he nods at the concept of moving on. Notably, he doesn't really step up to defend Naito...
    [/COLOR]
    The structure they walk through is not that different from the one back in Ikari. (None of those present are geologists, or they'd be able to spot minute differences.) In fact it looks as if the pathways themselves have been distinctly meant to look the same.

Shaya guides the boys to a conference room.

"We're going to bring you two to Izumo-taisha later tonight, when no one is around. After all, the place is a local tourist attraction. If there is a Sesshouseki somewhere around there, you'll have to find the entrance to the isen-sekai yourselves.

I take it neither of you knows what it is, right?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "You're at least 450 miles from him now. What does that say about your ability to stop him?

It's a moot point anyway. If you do find the Sesshouseki it shouldn't be too difficult to wake Shi-- the Grandmaster up. It's what happens after that worries me.

In fact, you worry me."
    Shaya replied to the unstable young man.
    Izumo
    Kuzunoha Sanctuary

Naito twitches.

"If I'm that much of a problem, then by all means...do something about it."

[COLOR="#8B4513"]"But enough doom and gloom. Let me formally welcome you both to the Kuzunoha branch in Izumo. We specialize in lacquerware, sake you aren't allowed to drink yet, indigo blue dyed goods and shikigami. Lots and lots of shikigami."
    "Neat."

The structure they walk through is not that different from the one back in Ikari. (None of those present are geologists, or they'd be able to spot minute differences.) In fact it looks as if the pathways themselves have been distinctly meant to look the same.

Shaya guides the boys to a conference room.

"We're going to bring you two to Izumo-taisha later tonight, when no one is around. After all, the place is a local tourist attraction. If there is a Sesshouseki somewhere around there, you'll have to find the entrance to the isen-sekai yourselves.

I take it neither of you knows what it is, right?"
    "I have no records of it."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

"Put simply, the isen-sekai is a pocket dimension that often forms around a sesshouseki. Unlike Pluses or Hollows, Kitsune don't have a plane to go to after they die. Their spiritual and material bodies are one and the same, so they don't enter the cycle of reincarnation - they step away from it entirely. When they die, they can't move anymore, but they retain a portion of their minds and abilities. That's when a sesshouseki forms. The resulting spiritual radiation collapses onto itself and creates a space that's separate from the Spirit or Material worlds. Some theorize it anchors itself to a 'Void' between worlds, but no one has been able to prove much of anything since we have so few records of it. They do, however, keep an entrance to the mortal world open. Some people... stumble upon isen-sekai. Stories about hidden villages and people who were spirited away could be explained by the isen-sekai phenomena."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

[Tokyo, Japan > Okinawa, Japan]
    [Von Geister's Lab > Umeko's Apartment]

Naomi is still a little spacy, but she manages a small bow to Von Geister and a quiet "Thanks." before following Umeko through the eldritch gash in space and time. Did she feel totally confident at the moment? Nope. Did she trust Von Geister? Definitely not. But still, this was essentially voluntary (as far as she could tell), and the regal ghost-scientist had been fairly helpful and respectful throughout. At least, compared to a lot of the mythological spirits that spring to mind.

Once the journey is through, the redheaded artist just sort of... sits, hands in her lap, in the spare space on the couch. Naomi nods to Umeko, but looks exhausted on several levels.

"I'm... gonna be okay. Sort of... you know, tired right now." Confused and overwhelmed too, but no need to keep stating the obvious. She rubs her eyes, sighing. "Umm... what now? I mean... what do we do now?"

Homebrew:

30. - Top - End - #90

[ZWE Headquarters]

Greetings and formalities occur as additional people show up.

Caeyrn looks at the arrancar as he's unveiled. He definitely doesn't look like a Hollow, but looks fairly similar to the Shinigami. Still a spirit.

The actor looks at Demetrio's eyes. He can see — feel, even — the arrancar's emotions. He, fortunately, tells himself that this arrancar is a spirit, and no longer a human. Still, he could see his emotions. He, at least, looks like a man. Caeyrn feels a pang of...some emotion in him. He can't place which emotion it is, whether it's pity or disgust or hatred at himself or hatred at the spirit or hatred at the quincy's methods or some other emotion. It's probably one of those, and it doesn't matter which. Also, his lips feel dry.

The actor wets his lips, and nods to give approval. "That is very ingenious," he says. He doesn't give a value statement, whether it's good or wrong, because Caeyrn himself can't tell whether he'll agree with it or not. If he voices an opinion, he'll surely find out his own. "Effective, too."

[Kuzunoha Compound]

Miya nods but disagrees. "No, I don't have a lot on my mind," she denies. Having things on your mind does make you weak.

She goes with Momoko, however, to change and get to the training area.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.