New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Draw Your Friends ! XII!: But the game came back for it wouldn't stay away ♪

Same old routine. Post copy-pasted from an old thread then edited.

Welcome ladies and gents to yet another round of Draw Your Friends !

(Round 26
    or 'season 2, round XII' or XII!)

It 's been a whille. I don't know if it's really the best time but I have some free time right now and I'm feeling in the mood to ty to host a round of this before I get really busy in December

I'm your host smuchmuch.
    No cohost for now unless someome feel like it.

As usual, a minute of silence for those before us that were lost to us in the mist of time and real life: Fin, araveugnitsuga (..Pinky), Eleanor Rigby and Gnomish Wanderer

And Two vague seconds of aknowlegement for Cuthalion and Duck999! for atempting to host the last round.

So... what is Draw your friends ?

It's a short 'secret santa' like art exchange game that take place on those forums

How does it works ?
    Here are the steps:

• 1) First well be recruiting for a couple of days untill we hit a decent number of participants. (generaly 12 to 14). Simply post your interest and you're in.

If, as luck would have it, you couldn't post your interest in time and there isn't any place left, it is possible to ask to be in the wishlist. you will automaticaly have a place int he next round. (warning, No promess as to WHEN the next round will be; however in hollyday season, they tend to be two or three in a row).
    • 2) Once the required number of participants are in, the game starts.
      The host will post a theme (The theme is NOT mandatory, it's sjut here to spice things up) and a deadline

• 3)To each and everyone of you another randomly selected participant is secretly assigned as target and you have to 'draw' for them.

You will recieve a PM along the lines of:

I'm your host Y

Your target is X

The (non mandatory) theme is Z
      The deadline JJ/MM
    • 4) You draw (or paint, or program or bake or wichever...). When you are done (preferably before the deadline); and send it by PM to the cohost that has been asigned to you
      That mean you don't post it in the thread.

• 5) The day of the dealine, the announcement happens.
      The hosts will pool together the entries they have recieved and one of them will (in a 24/48 h delay) post all the entires in an anontmous gallery.
      Like this, for example

• 6) There's a second phase of two or three days when everyone can take a guess as who has drawn what and for who.
      Like this, for example
      Taking part in this is by no mean mandatory but it can be interesting.

• 7) Finaly the reveal happens.
      One of the hosts posts a second gallery with the names
      Like this.

And that’s it. Warm fuzzy feelings, satisfaction of a job well botched done and pats in the back for everyone !

Precicions

Despite the name, you don’t have to ‘draw’ per se. Most entires have been avatars or drawings (both digital or handdrawn) but we had a nuber of other things, such as paintings, comics, a smalish video game (props to Elanor rigby for that one) and cookies. (well at least photgraphies of but I assure you they were delicious). Unconventionel and original formats are encouraged.

Oh and, no despite the facy name, you don’t have to be friends either. (Nor does it have anything to do with cartoon about multicolored equines
    Yes you can participate if you are new around here and a complete stranger (your designated artist may have to be a bit more resourcefull than usual , they tend to be anyway). We alway appreciate seeing new faces aroud here.

The theme is generaly kept very broad and is by no mean mandatory.

About the deadline:

Please don’t sign in if you think you can’t commit for the chalenge.
    DYF is a pretty informal game, you don't have to pull your hairs for a whole week and produce an astonishing master piece, it's really the though that counts and chances are your target will appreciates the result no matter what. But nothing to show at all, that not so appreciated.

Nontheless we understand IRL happens, in case you really can’t make it to the deadline:
    -It is possible to ask the hosts for a small extension (asumming you ask before) The deadline may be extended by one of two days.
    -It is possible to send things last call between the announcement and the reveal (at which point they’ll be shown directly in the reveal)

Participants (10/N)

• smuchmuch
    • Rain Dragon
    • Duck999
    • Bradakhan
    • Elder Tsofu
    • Artman77
    • Oneris
    • Jormengand
    • Kasanip
    • Durkoala

This will be likely a smaller round, I'm shooting for 8 to 12 participant. And i would like if we could start this week end, as such the window for recruitement may and up being a lot shorter than usual.

Wishlist (1/N)
    Lycunadari

The Archive:

Series 1

Series 2

The Gallery

Because due to changes in the forums tables code, a lot of the images in the old threads cannot be viewed easily anymore, they have been compiled in two handy posts.

Part 1

Part 2
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-12-15 at 10:14 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Draw Your Friends ! XII!: But the game came back for it wouldn't stay away ♪

I would like to participate if possible.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Draw Your Friends ! XII!: But the game came back for it wouldn't stay away ♪

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    And Two vague seconds of aknowlegement for Cuthalion and Duck999! for atempting to host the last round.

That's what happens when I try to be responsible.

I'll play again, but not hosting again... yet.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's been a while since I've participated in one of these, so count me in.
    Not currently taking avatar requests.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like a ticket please.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll play.

7. - Top - End - #7

I'll do this again.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Alright we're at seven, we jsut need one more to hit the lower player cap.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Ooh, pick me, pick me!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

And that's eight.
    Alright I'll let a bit of time in case there are some more people who'd like to join but I think we'll be starting tomorow. Monday last limit.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-11-29 at 05:14 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to join, too.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

And that's none people in. If there's anyone interested in being a tenth, you have up to this evening 8 PM GMT to declare yourself.
    After that you may ask to be in the wishlist for the next round.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-11-30 at 06:36 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

13. - Top - End - #13

And that's none people in. If there's anyone interested in being a tenth, you have up to this evening 8 PM GMT to declare yourself.
    After that you may ask to be in the wishlist for the next round.
    I assume that you mean Nine people?

I'd like to try this again if there's still time, but I'll go on the list if there isn't. You may need to remind me of that when the time comes if that happens, though.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Alright and that's ten !

We're good to go ladies and gents. I declare recruitment ended ! anyone who failed to declare interest in time but would be interested in playing may express interest for the wishlist. Being int he wishlist give a priority spot for next round (though i cnannot promess when the next round will be, idealy, at the end of this month or maybe at the middle of January)

PMs should soon follow and then I will declare the official start of the game in the thread.

I'd like to try this again if there's still time, but I'll go on the list if there isn't. You may need to remind me of that when the time comes if that happens, though.
    Well i'm taking you in this round so the point is moot but for the record people who are int he wishlist get Pmed when a new round start. (especialy if it has been a while between rounds)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-11-30 at 05:45 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

And so we officialy start.
    You should have all recieved your private messages with your targets

The theme is:

Freestyle

It may seems a little odd to newer players but the first rounds of this game we're theme free and so is this one in a little bout of returning to it's root. I though it would be alright for this short round. Besides from the early days, the player roster has changed quite a bit.

Of course if you want to treat as a theme in itself, feel free too. The theme was never mandatory and by consequence neither is the absence of it

The deadline is next
    Sunday, 12/07.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-11-30 at 09:03 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Sooo... it's Saturday evening (at least for me), I hate to be pushy but the deadline is tomorow and I have recieved submissions from two peoples sor far. Seven more to go.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

What nooooooo I just checked A&C to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I missed one.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    What nooooooo I just checked A&C to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I missed one.
    Feel lucky. I missed two.
    At least this partly overlaps the challenge.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    (Dang, for a while I was wondering if I should PM you seeing as you've been an enthisiastic regular in the latest round since you were posting in your own art thread in the A&C, I though you had noticed and jsut couldn't particiapte for reasons. Sorry.
    If that's any consolation, even the most present player in these game missed one round once. Shall I count you into the wishlist ?)

Three submissions recieved for now. Deadline is in 21h. (more or less, will probably be a bit more.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-12-06 at 09:15 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

20. - Top - End - #20

(Dang, for a while I was wondering if I should PM you seeing as you've been an enthisiastic regular in the latest round since you were posting in your own art thread in the A&C, I though you had noticed and jsut couldn't particiapte for reasons.
    If that's any consolation, even the most present player in these game missed one round once. Shall I count you into the wishlist ?)

Three submissions recieved for now. Deadline is in 21h. (more or less, will probably be a bit more.)
    I'm going to have to either request a deadline extension or permission to drop out. Whatever possessed me to sign up had evidently overestimated my degree of preparedness for finals week. Any chance Cuthalion could take my place?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

How much extension do you request ? Will two days do ?

Else what can be done is that the first gallery (anonymous) happens on schedule withut your entry and yours will be squeezed in the reveal which will be repported say next week end.

Any chance Cuthalion could take my place?
    That would mean not only that Cuthalion would have to draw your target in barely a day but that the prson drawing you would have to switch target too. Not really a practical solution
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-12-06 at 09:42 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

22. - Top - End - #22

How much extension do you request ? Will two days do ?

Else what can be done is that the first gallery (anonymous) happens on schedule withut your entry and yours will be squeezed in the reveal which will be repported say next week end.

That would mean not only that Cuthalion would have to draw your target in barely a day but that the prson drawing you would have to switch target too. Not really a practical solution
    Sounds good to me.
    And yeah, I realized the problem with a replacement as soon as I posted it.

Clarification: the second option is the one I prefer. I'll skip the anonymous reveal this time.
    Last edited by Oneris; 2014-12-06 at 09:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Alright. Due to a similar demand made by another participant the deadline will be pushed by two days.

The new deadline is Tuesday

If you really can't send anything by Tuesday then it'll be squeezed like Oneris entry in the reveal next week end, but I''d rather if it was the exception, not the rule.

As I will be myself quite busy next week, if you can finish your entry by the orginal deadline (or at least something this week end, if you are unsatisified feel free to complete later and it'll be squeezed in the Reveal which happen next week end) I would apreciate if you did.
    Doesn't have to be a masterpieve even something simple will be good.

Any submissions already recieved by Monday evening will make thing that much quicker and easier.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-12-06 at 10:01 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

You will, at the least, have my submission in by today.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Alrght I was going to post the gallery today but I'm afraid I'm a little too tired for it, it'l have to do tomorow. Sorry.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

26. - Top - End - #26

No worries mate. Rest up.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I figure I owe you an explanation as to the lateness of this:

First I'm currently ina profesional formation wich is taking most of my time, big time.

Second, I'm meeting an annoying computer related trouble:
    See it's customary to rehost submissions on tinyPic so 1) people won't be able to guess the target from the image 2) the image won't disapear if you have a problem with your image hosting service. In later rounds where I am host I also try to keep an archive on my compter. The trouble is that lately for some reason I there are some (but not all) .png images on my computers for some reason.They give me 'non recognized format' if I try to open them on my computer. Despite my efforts, I have no idea what is causing this and how to solve it.

So if you please, I would appreciate if you didn't erease your submission for now and if you want to guess fair and sqare, don't peek at the file name.

You will notice there are two entries missing, those re the two epople who asked to send e there images the week end for the Reveal. I am sorry to say i havent recievec any of these two entries yet.
    But then again I was supposed to post this announcement Tuesday so I probaly can't talk too much (but hey guys, don't let my lateness be an excuse for yours. finals week is probaly a much better excuse and good luck with that).
    So anyhow if you couldn't finish you entry, the reveal will be somewhere in the middle of the week idealy so you still have until then. If you coud maybe send me a status upadate by Pm ?

Nonetheless:
    First, I would like to thank everyone for participating
    I would like to particulary thank those who managed to complete their entries by Tuesday as was the deadline and even better those who managed to finish it last Sunday as was the original deadline and would like to wish good luck for the two contestants lagging behind.

I would also like to noticet one of the entries for novel format of entries, a poem, I beleive that's the first purely textual entry we've seen in this contest for now ? (though my memory could be faulty, it has been )

Anyhow, here is the (late, sorry)
    Announcement

Spoiler: Announcement
    Show

Spoiler: Entry 1
    Show

Spoiler: Entry 2
    Show

Spoiler: Entry 3
    Show

Entry 1

Entry 2

Spoiler: Entry 4
    Show

Spoiler: Entry 5
    Show

Entry 1

Link 1

Entry 2

Link 2

Spoiler: entry 6
    Show

Entry 1

Entry 2

Spoiler: Entry 7
    Show

Spoiler: Entry 8
    Show

And:
    Spoiler: Random bonus entry
    Show

From someone who isn't even in the round no less
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-12-19 at 10:56 AM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

The look on Kayros' face in that picture is priceless. I have to say, though, the effect seems more blue than red.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to say 2 is probably for me.
    3 for Durkoala
    4 is for Kasanip
    6 is for Jormengand
    And Bonus is for Elder Tofu Tsofu
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Oh, how could I miss this? Can you put me on the wishlist for next time, please?
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art