New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default I can draw your character

I got kinda burned out doing this for awhile there, and thought about quitting, but I'm thinking of starting up again. What are the rules for thread necromancy?

Anyway, yeah. I want to draw your characters. I've been experimenting with different art styles lately, so don't expect your character to be done in the same style as the ones you've seen previously...

Characters Completed: 8
    Currently Working On: 14
    Characters in Queue: 14
    Taking New Submissions? YES

Next Up: Boolprop, post #9, half-orc bard.
    Last edited by Artman77; 2016-04-29 at 10:31 AM. Reason: time again

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: I will draw your character!

Spoiler: Colonel Asharon Broodikus
    Show

Asharon is a dark elf, his frame however is a bit more solid than the typical member of his race and reflects in his ability to wear full-plate without too much hindrance. He wears full-plate of a midnight black with a hooded cloak of black silk. It remains to him by a black chain that goes around the neck-guard of his armor.

His face has begun to hollow out with age and the stress of his position. His hair is kept relatively short, but it is still a mop of dull black atop his head that reaches down to about his eyebrows.

He wields a greatsword that matches the black motif about him. However, the hilt of the blade is a brilliant silver. The Crossguards curve up and inward as though claws to catch the blade of a rival. And at the pommel of the blade is a black, multi-faceted gem.

3. - Top - End - #3

Sure, I'd love that. Although the character I'd request is not a PC, but rather an NPC for a game I run.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    He was once an Aasimar cleric of Vecna masquerading as a cleric of Boccob. He got killed while tricking my heroes into obtaining evil artefacts for him. Anyway, they do not know he is evil, so they Reincarnated him, and he returned as a Goblin. What I would like the picture to be, then, is a goblin cleric of Vecna, finally ready to shed his disguise and stand tall (Well) and proud in his moment of triumph when he finally reveals himself.

His appearance would be: Young Goblin, a little thin, wearing red and black robes, and possibly holding a pitch black malevolent looking dagger.
    Last edited by FearlessGnome; 2014-11-27 at 09:35 AM.
    Throw the dice high.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I'm certainly up for this.

The character in question is a blind human male in his mid twenties, about 5'10" in height and of average yet toned build. He is dressed with worn and faded clothes that look much older than he does, almost like someone you expect to be homeless due to several layers (t-shirt under unbuttoned shirt under sleeveless hoodie), yet he carries himself with the air of someone who simply doesn't care how they look. A bandage covers his left arm entirely, from his fingers and hand to his shoulder, although his clothes have long enough sleeves that you can only see the bandage from the elbow down. His hair is long, messy and a fierce red, almost reaching his collar, with a fringe long enough to cover his eyes completely. Indeed, looking at him you might think he has never heard of a hairbrush before but he is blind and his appearance means little to him.

In terms of pose, I was thinking he would be casually sitting down with his knees in front of him with his back against a wall and his stick leaning against his right side.

Show
    His name is Alfie and he is a Swordmage, or at least as close as you'd get in a modern setting, refluffed to a mysterious traveller with an unbreakable arm and powerful magic. Born blind, Alfie was one of the people who helped bring magic into his world - his own reason being a desire to use magic to let him see, but it never worked - and it is a decision he has regretted ever since. The world has gone to poop because of the magic he helped release into it, so he feels his "selfishness" is partially to blame. Indeed, his goal focuses on returning the world to the way it was and that puts him at odds with the people that like the way the world now is. Being one of the first mages in the world, Alfie's magic is incredibly powerful and focuses on Understanding. If he can figure out how a magic works, he can use it himself - usually with more skill and power than the original mage.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Race: Human
    Height/Weight: 6'5" / 163 lbs.
    Armor: Suit of Chainmail; is currently working on a suit of Full-Plate with a modification to accommodate his arm.
    Weapons: Relgaddon's right arm is replaced by a magical prosthetic made of various metals. Iron, copper, adamantine. It is slightly larger than his left. He uses an Armbow, which, when used, covers his right arm halfway up his arm, covering his hand completely. It functions as a crossbow. While this is his main weapon, he also makes use of a Wand of Thunderlance, which gives him a long range melee weapon of energy, and a modified Rod of Ropes, which performs to move heavy objects or allow a quick escape like Batman.
    General Description: Relgaddon is a tall, weathered man, whose beard is already seeing grey streaks. He wears humble upscale clothing in hues of brown and silver, and wears a large cloak that pins to his shoulders and right arm, covering the latter when it is at rest. The cloak is made from multiple battle flags and standards, stitched together seamlessly. The only adornment he wears is a simple badge, showing he belongs to House Cannith.
    Pose/Expression: Up to you.
    General History: Relgaddon d'Cannith worked as a transporter of goods and people. This was his contribution to the Last War. He was investigating the Mournlands after they came to be, trying to find a cause. He was shot down, and showed up in New Cyre weeks afterward with his new arm and Armbow.
    Just finding my roots again.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Name: Yelis
    Race: Kitsune (although he has a human form, in addition to being able to turn into any human he's seen before)
    Height: 6' 2" (about 1.85 meters)
    Weight: 160 lbs. (about 72 kg)
    So scrawny as all get-out.

Spoiler: Description and outfit
    Show
    When Yelis's vanity prompts him to resume his true form, he is a tall, lanky kitsune with orange fur. Even in human form, he has a practiced easy grin with a few too many teeth showing. His default human form, the only one that isn't borrowed, is a similarly tall, lanky man with a rat's nest of brown hair and a long, thin nose.

As far as his choice of bodies is concerned, he's particularly fond of disguising himself as a little old lady. Nobody expects the little old lady to grab the magic item and start sprinting. Apart from that, he uses a variety of forms, both male and female. For anything illegal, he'll often dredge up the appearance of somebody who annoyed or wronged him somehow.

He's fond of loose articles of gender-neutral clothing that can be removed or altered quickly, allowing him to change not only his physical appearance, but his outfit as well. His cloak is reversible and loosely tied to his hat, allowing him to reverse the cloak and pull his hat off in the same motion, leaving it hanging under the cloak. It doubles as a makeshift dress when disguising himself as a woman. While he has acquired more reliable magical means of altering his clothes, he retains the old outfit in case of emergencies.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Yelis is a high-strung bundle of nervous energy. First to jump at a slight, last to join a fair fight, first to get fed, and last out of bed. He's fond of getting involved in the affairs of humans, and sometimes takes part in amateur vigilante match-making, whether it's to bring two shy distant lovers together or to give false hope and confusion. He also enjoys making friends, even if it's on behalf of whoever's appearance he's imitating. Most of all, though, he likes getting free food, and has more than once been identified with offers of food that his apparent form would find repulsive.

Needless to say, Yelis's hobbies have gotten him into plenty of trouble. Sometimes it's just a matter of layering more lies and deception on top, but sometimes it's necessary to move on quickly.

When working with a group, Yelis is eager to please and make amends for any mistakes. He is a terrible cook, but still tries his hardest to prepare food anyways. He's always happy with the result, and eats whatever is left over.

Underneath the image he presents, Yelis is almost always afraid. Not of ordinary things, but of things which the mind was not supposed to witness. At times, the risks he takes are because mundane danger simply fails to register. He hates the darkness and being alone, and his magic allows him to make light and turn people into friends.

Spoiler: Pose suggestions
    Show
    •Yelis is a coward, so drawing him panicking, running, crying, backing into a corner, or presenting five holy symbols at once (lemme know if you want specifics there) would all be great
    •As a human little old lady who looks like she calls everybody "dearie" wearing an old-fashioned dress, with the end of a fox tail sticking out the bottom
    •Looking smarmy.
    Last edited by QuidEst; 2014-11-27 at 10:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: Ruusaan Ordo
    Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: Medium (I just don't know what's average)
    Physical description: Since the head is the only thing necessary, Ruusaan is a white skinned woman with black hair. Her hairstyle is similar to Android 18 in DBZ. Her eyes are blue and she has a small scar on her left cheek from a sparring accident. She doesn't wear much makeup, usually just red lipstick and that's it, considering most people will only see the helmet (although the picture will be without the helmet).
    Equipment: Ruusaan wears black Mandalorian armor, which represents justice amongst the Mandalorians. She usually carries an Rebel A295, which she uses for mid ranged sniping and close range assaults. On her forearms are hidden vibroblades, which spring out Assassin's creed style when activated, but they are longsword length, not dagger length. She has a jetpack with usually one loaded missile.
    Pose: In this pose, she will have her blades active while her blaster is slung over her shoulder. Her blades would be lifted up as if it was about to block a strike. In this picture, she would be sparring with her love interest (not shown), so perhaps an expression to reflect that.
    Other: To put her personality simply, she is competitive, but she does have a tender side. She has a strong sense of justice as well, which drives to correct the wrongs her ancestors inflicted in the past.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, right, I've actually got two... Feel free to only do one or neither if it would take up too much time.

1:
    Alder

Height: About 5'10''.
    Build: Slim, and generally slight, but not actually skinny.
    Physical Description: Alder is actually the character whom my avatar is supposed to represent. He has long black hair tied back in a ponytail or braid, and is generally quite androgynous in appearance. He's quite pale, and often has dark shadows under his eyes from too many late nights studying forgotten lore. His eyes are a dark shade of green. He wears white, vaguely priestly robes, that are however much more practical than true clerical vestments. He also wears a long red cloak with a gold trim. He is never to be found without some sort of lore-book tucked under his arm or stowed away in a bag, and carries no weapons apart from a dagger on his belt. However, he also carries a wooden cafe table in a magical bag, and will often use it as a stool or as something to duck behind. The table is noticeably scorched and charred.
    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alder is a true pacifist, condemning anyone who uses violence to solve problems. He abhors it himself, partly (to his shame) because he is no good at it. He will always try to talk his way out of a conflict, and while his natural creativity can help him in situations like this, equally often he messes it up horribly. Alder understands the ways of the world in many respects, but is sometimes baffled by what he sees as the bizarre behaviours of his comrades. Lastly, despite his pacifistic beliefs, he has something of a subconscious sadistic streak, and is subject to occasional and frightening violent impulses.

Pose: Alder is generally to be found sitting quietly in a corner or on a table, reading some obscure ancient text of no value to anyone but him. Knowing him, however, he'll have found some way to mess up even that, and have an appropriate expression.

2:
    Metsa

Race: Changeling (in natural form) (reference image here - a male version of this is a good template)
    Height: Shorter than Alder, about 5'9''.
    Build: Similarly slight.
    Physical Description: Metsa is a master of disguise. A changeling can mimic many forms, but naturally they are slightly wraith-like, grey-skinned humanoids with white or else very pale hair, and grey eyes (and he looks rather like this as well). He looks quite shifty (no pun intended) and is the sort of slightly neurotic person who jumps at the slightest noise, if only because they've learned to. His favoured clothing is a nobleman's costume he acquired goodness-knows-where, complete with long, flowing robes, elaborate jewellery and overly-finely-wrought rapier. He carries on his back a magical bag his mother left to him, which looks like a mundane leather rucksack but in reality can store tremendous amounts of miscellaneous stuff. He puts this to good use, keeping in it every single item he can find that might ever be useful, from tents to substitute costumes to battering rams.
    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Metsa is motivated only by the lure of treasure. Everything else takes second place to that. However, his view is that if he ever has to directly confront someone to get it, he's done something very wrong. His favourite tactic is to disguise himself as a close friend of the target, and stroll in, steal their ancestral jewellery and leave before they even know what's happened. Of course, this sometimes backfires horribly, but by and large he's successful. He views himself as carrying on the legacy of his mother, a master thief, in this way. He, like Alder, will often try to talk his way out of violent situations, but is rather better at it, and is a supreme master of deception.

Pose: I imagine Metsa as looking rather incongruous, working on something suitably thiefly (say, picking a lock or scaling the wall of the Treasury) wearing his fabulous regal outfit and carrying his rucksack on his back. Of course, were he to be caught doing this, he would look rather surprised. As it is, he's focused on his task.

Thank you on behalf of everyone for putting in the time, effort and creative energy to do this.
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

9. - Top - End - #9

If it matters, this is a character from a relatively new game I'm in. The storyline takes place 100 years after another game I was in, which was to explain and shift the game from D&D 4e to 5e. The following character lives in the Neverwinter, using D&D 5e format. Also Dakon has 16 Charisma, if it matters or helps you in any way.

Name: Dakon Bors
    Race: Half Dragonborn, Quarter Half-Orc, Quarter Orog
    Class/Alignment: Bard, CN
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 186 lbs (He is a bit scrawny for a dragon/orc/orog, but the scales makes him a bit heavier)
    Pose/Expression: Up to you, though to let you know, Dakon is a friendly guy, despite what his looks and race may be.
    Physical description: Tall, lean and fit, Dakon physically looks more like an Half-Orc despite the blood that runs through his veins. He has sharp red eyes, short fauxhawk red hair, no facial hair and has dark-grey skin with dull silver scales. Facially, Dakon's head is that of a chiseled half-orc. One can see some of the dull silver scales at the lower back of his neck, before his clothing covers them up. Dakon generally wears studded leather armor, though it looks more like a fancy leather clothing, with a fashionable minstrel hat, that has a single feather along with it.
    Equipment: Studded Leather Armor, a Fashionable Minstrel Hat, a Shortsword, a Dagger, A Component Pouch, Lute, Harmonica. He also have an explorers's pack/knapsack, though he haven't get become an adventurer yet (the game only have just started).

Special Equipment (Heirloom) Handed down by your grandfather who was a suppose king.
    • A horn made of silver, embedded with jewels around the wide end, 5 in total, red, green, blue, onyx and purple.
    • A longsword that glows a bright blue radiance, visible even through a sheathe whenever orcs (other than himself) are close.

Show
    A lover and not a fighter, Dakon is the youngest member of his family. His other siblings before him are now dead and Dakon owns a smithy in Neverwinter in the shopping district. Though he is a capable smith, Dakon have an interest in songs and music, thus one often finds him at a local tavern with his Dwarven buddy, Briar, singing songs and making music (he's a bard). Due to this hobby and occupation, Dakon's brother in law, Mammon (a full blooded Dragonborn), is hired and runs the smithy alongside two apprentices, a Dragonborn and a Half-Orc. Dakon believes that anything worth doing is worth doing right, especially when it comes to music and blacksmithing— After all, he is a perfectionist.

Family Line
    Bruno Bors: (Deceased) LN . Son of Olaf Bors, and father of Dakon. Bruno is a Half-Orc and Half-Orog who was a huntsman in his prime. Bruno eventually reopen his father's blacksmith that was burnt down decades ago due to a great fire in the city. Because many of the business were run of Dwarfs, many of the 'monstrous' races (Dragonborn, Orcs, Half-Orcs) are patrons of Bruno's smithy, especially the city guards, which the majority are Dragonborn. Bruno eventually settled down and married a female Dragonborn.

Unnamed Dragonborn: (Deceased) Dakon's mother and Bruno's wife. She died along side Bruno due to old age.

Olaf Bors: (Deceased) NG. A Half-Orc and an adventuring Ranger who came to Neverwinter 100 years ago. Olaf was coerced to join the Mintarn guards and ended up as a member of the group called The Wannabes. Olaf made a name for himself when The Wannabes was sent to the Underdark and to search for Gauntlgrym. Olaf personally made a vow to free a tribe of Orogs from the Duergars, when The Wannabes failed to recruit them for an upcoming battle. During the ensuring battle, The Wannabes recruited several Undark inhabitants to fight against the Duergars. Though the battle for Gauntlgrym was hard and seemed hopeless, The Wannabes came out successful once they stopped a revival of an god like creature. Once things was settled down, Olaf was crowned king of the Orogs and was reunited with his father.

Though his reign didn't last long, Olaf was eventually dethrone and moved to Neverwinter, there he open smithy and lived the rest of his days. Eventually he passed away in bed due to old age as an oncoming conflict in Neverwinter begins.

Unnamed Orog: (Deceased). An Orog and Olaf's wife, she moved to Neverwinter when Olaf's reign was seen as unfit. She eventually passed away along side Olaf as both have lived a fulfilled life together.

Long-nose: (Deceased). Olaf's Orcish father and a former retainer of a minor house in Neverwinter. Along side many others, he was eventually captured by the Duergars and the Illithids, and was forced to work for the lot before the final battle, in which he was freed by The Wannabes.
    Last edited by Boolprop; 2014-11-28 at 01:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Name: Olivebranch
    Height: 5' 1''
    Weight: 100 lbs (She's very light)
    Pose/Expression: Smiling kindly, welcoming, and all around li
    ke a Ingenue
    Physical description: Short, lean, kindly. She's rather young looking, with a bit of burn scars upon her right arm. She looks welcoming, modest, and somewhat beautiful.
    Equipment: Dress, Sunhat, yellow shoes, all around, think 1800 young woman's romanticism fashion.
    Ballista on a carriage being driven by two undead horses.
    A Ermine, Raven, or Ferret on her shoulder/ flying around her head.
    A skeleton under a cloak, bearly hiding, not caring. At all. It isn't being hostile, it isn't being cruel, it's just... There.

Personality: Think kindly old granma in the form of a cute young woman.
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2014-11-27 at 03:50 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: character
    Show

Spoiler: colors
    Show

Spoiler: Plus this helmet
    Show

I've got some more wing refs coming in, but I havt gotten them back from the artist yet.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Free art drawings? Count me in! But I'll wait until the backlog dies down, and I see your work on other characters.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, once you've got a few "commissions," you may want to edit your title and opening post or you'll soon have several dozen requests.

Can't wait to see your work!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Ive got one if you get around to it.

Spoiler: The Black Rose
    Show
    Name: The Black Rose
    Race: Tiefling
    Height:5'9
    Weight:160lbs
    Build:Lean, somewhat muscular, yet very curvacious.
    Appearance: Ok, this is where things get, well odd. Id like the picture to show Rose's dual nature, so as to facilitate that i am going to give two descriptions of her.
    General appearance: Red shoulder length hair, alabaster skin, red eyes with the whites being black, and a small pair of horns coming out of the top of her forehead and curving over her head. (she looks a LOT like the Tiefling in the Monster Manual)
    Spoiler: Best pic i could get
    Show
    Shes on the left

The Black Rose: She looks like the Assassin from the Dungeon Masters Guide except that she is armed with a Rapier and has a bandoleer of knives across her chest. She also has two pop knives (Assassin creed arm knives) one built into each bracer. On top of all of this she has a wicked set of three claws extending out of her bracers and over her hands. Her gender is not readily apparent.
    Expression:As her face is going to be mostly covered id like her eyes to convey pure, undiluted hatred.
    Spoiler: Costume
    Show

Rose: She is wearing a Tavern serving girl outfit with a gypsy twist. She is wearing a bandana around her head and over her horns and her eyes are blue with normal whites. She is trying to pass as human, fyi.
    Expression: She has a slight grin on her face and her eyes are warm, but a bit sad.
    Spoiler: Costume
    Show

Pose:Im not entirely sure, whatever you feel would best convey her dual nature.

Im gonna thank you in advance for this and i can't wait to see how the others turn out.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2014-11-27 at 11:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

15. - Top - End - #15

Ok. I'm going to be nowhere near My scanner for a week, but here is a sneak peak for the first poster:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Artman77; 2014-11-28 at 01:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

HalfOrcPirate

I'm going to do as Sartharina and Lord Torath have done and wait a bit before making a request. I look forward to seeing your work

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

I know that you're busy at the moment, but I might as well post already.

Name: Serdynage Hastur-Vartul
    Race: Human vampire
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 140 lbs
    Build: Serdynage is going to the heavier side, but is not overweight. She never did any physical exercise and ate very well.
    Hair: Red
    Eyes: She always keeps them closed, because others find their random movements discomforting. She was blind from birth.
    Gear/Clothing: Serdynage tends to wear fancy dresses, and her sedentiary lifestyle doesn't require any practicallity at all. For any such things she has servants. She is extremely rich, and displays the wealth with a plethora of jewelry.
    General Appearance: Serdynage is freckled and pale. She is a vampire, but there is little that points towards it, other than some oddity in her behavior and how pale she is.
    Other notes: She is a merchant princess, extremely rich and coordinates a large mercantile empire.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artman77 View Post
    Ok. I'm going to be nowhere near My scanner for a week, but here is a sneak peak for the first poster:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dude......sweet
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Name: L3nN¥ ("Lenny," as he goes by when he's not on the Matrix)
    Metatype: Dwarf
    Ethnicity: Eastern European
    Role: Hacker

While he's as short as your typical dwarf, he's not got much of a beard; it's mostly some scruff on and around his face; he's actually only sixteen years old. He's not as stocky as dwarves are depicted, either - between subsisting on trash (sometimes figuratively, in the case of Hot Pockets and such, and sometimes very literally), and spending way too much time in VR, his body's an emaciated wreck. He also shows signs of serious sleep deprivation. His expression will be confident, maybe even a little smug, but underneath he's a mix of excited and nervous.

Gear-wise, he has a pair of big goggles with fancy HUDs and whatnot running in his peripheral vision, probably wired to some fancy-looking cell phone-type device, a pair of gloves that have tiny shock-pads in them for discreet tasering, and maybe a few small drones clinging to his body.

Clothes-wise, he lives in Denver and dresses the part; a jacket or sweater or parka should be fine, but unless he feels a pressing need to "dress up," his clothes will show the same amount of neglect that his body does.

Due to the likelihood of his having to go into VR at any given time, his pose will likely be one that won't lead to injury if his body suddenly goes limp; leaning against something, sitting on the ground, or slouching in a chair are all acceptable.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2014-11-28 at 11:07 AM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Name: Thordrek Torrun
    Race: Shield dwarf
    5 feet tall
    weighs 200 pounds
    Has a fairly short brown beard (got it burned off by a pirohydra).

I have no idea what level of detail you're going for, so I probably provided too much.

He wears an ancient and masterfully built suit of articulated adamantine full plate with a big engraved plate of a silvery greenish metal on the torso. Since the DM spent a lot of time describing the thing, here it is:

Spoiler
    Show
    The armor itself had to be disassembled before it could be fitted. The adamantine felt solid and utterly unyielding, and when they rapped it with a smithing hammer lightly, instead of a bright ring, they only received a dull “thump” noise in reply. The armor seemed thicker than equivalent plate, and it was not until they looked inside did they see it was honeycombed with inserts of mithril – which they both noted was a very clever and incredibly time consuming process. There was also a web of copper that was woven under each piece of armor in the ensemble, and its purpose was mystifying.

The articulation of the arm and legs were nothing short of a revelation in engineering to both dwarves. Normally the armor moved at a joint, but this armor actually flexed, even stretched a bit. At the hips, the interlocking plates allowed the wearer to flex at the waist, even twist a bit. They did not dare disassemble any of this, merely oiled the pieces and worked they slowly until they moved freely again. Much like Magnum’s plate, this armor also seemed to be interlocking.

Some armor was merely impressive. This armor was a work of art. The engravings on the hizagkuur shield plate on the front of it were already astonishing. As the two dwarves cleaned the armor with brushes and a fair amount of soap and water, intricate carvings in armor became apparently. Much was done with inlaid with platinum and bronze. The edges of most of the pieces were garnished with pale blue diamonds around the edges of each armor piece. It took them both a moment to realize the pattern, but the arms and legs of the ensemble were a finally detailed reproduction of dwarven musculature; not just an outside view, but of the muscles beneath the skin. It gave the otherwise jet black armor an organic look to it. That work alone must have taken what could have only been a master smith a year’s worth of work.

On the gauntlets, the old dethek runes glow slightly now, seeming to sense activity for the first time in a long time. Fine scrollwork in old delzoun era script tells some sort of family lineage, but Thordrek cannot immediately tell if it is the history of a wearer or the armor itself. On the back of the armor, there is a highly detailed engraving of a dwarf standing with a thick looking spear. Surrounding the figure is a pattern neither can immediately discern, until Thordrek clears the grime away. That is when he recognizes names like Adbar, Sundabar, Barakbarr and Feldbarr and the purpose of the engraving becomes clear. It was a map of the Old Delzoun Empire, complete with the old underground highways and lost underground citadels as well! The point that was being made seemed to be that the whole of Delzoun was on the back of the wearer, most literally, and wearing this particular suit of armor was a great responsibility. There was no noble heraldry on the suit, so it did not seem like it belonged to a King, so the wearer must have been “merely” a famous hero. Conveniently enough, he did finally find a name under the engraving of the dwarf itself.

Gorgrimm Khordhart

Thordrek did not know that name, but he intended to learn about it.

One thing Duervar pointed out about the ancient armor was that, for something that must have been used in many battles, there was not a dent or a scratch on it. It was not a matter of a smith taking the dents out of the armor. It was a museum quality.

I couldn't find the description of the helmet, but it's a full face helm and the armor was created for a champion so it's probably pretty distinctive....

Thordrek fights with a mythril dwarven waraxe with a glowing ruby set at the top of the blade. If you decide to do him in a fighting pose, it should be crackling with electricity (duskblade). In the other hand he has a fairly large shield made out of the same greenish metal then the plate on the armor's torso. On his belt of giant strength he has a spell component pouch, a wand and a dagger with the pommel carved into a dragon's head.

Finally, he has a deep red cloak with golden runes of protection.

As for posing, I have 2 ideas, feel free to pick. Either in a martial stance with the axe crackling and all that, or quietly sitting at a desk writing something surrounded by papers with the armor and gear on an arming dummy slightly in the background, wearing casual clothes, with a beer mug nearby. if he's out of his armor his jewelry will be visible. He has a magical ring on each hand (protection and flanking if it matters) and a dragon's tooth as an amulet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Edricht is a 17 year-old human male. He is only 5'3" tall, but unusually burly at about 160 pounds. He wears scale male, but no helm, and his preferred weapons are the glaive and heavy flail. He has dark tanned skin, shoulder-length light brown hair, and just the barest beginning of a beard. He also has a notable scar from beneath his left eye to below his left ear.

He was largely neglected as a child, and has grown up feeling like he had something to prove ever since (I don't know how better to suggest a facial expression- perhaps a jaded smirk?).

Spoiler: "Brief" history
    Show
    The youngest child of his father's third wife, Edricht was small, and born with an ugly birthmark on his right shoulder. In a fit of rage, his father threw a pottery vase at him, just minutes after his birth. He missed, but one of the resultant flying shards cut deeply into the left side of the infant Edricht's face. The scar is one of few subjects nearly-universally considered taboo in the village.

Once his father calmed down, Edricht was largely ignored. Unusually short, the scrawny child was viewed as unfit to follow in his father's footsteps, but as long as he avoided bringing more shame to the family, he was tolerated to live in the home. He spent most of his days simply walking. He would leave the village before sunrise, and frequently return after dark. Wandering the wilderness taught him many things, but mostly that the wilderness is a savage world, where you don't survive if you worry about anything else. As he reached puberty, lean muscle all-but erupted across his frame. The long, hard runs and countless hours spent climbing trees, steep hillsides, and anything else he could find foothold in had led to sturdier build than expected.

One morning, on his way out of the village, he passed by the local smithy. Curious, he poked a head inside and saw the burly man, stoking the fire in preparation for the day's work. The old man cared little for politics and less for ugly scars, so when [insert name] noticed the boy watching he asked if he'd like to see more. As usual, Edricht had nothing better to do, so he came inside. He took quickly to the forge, learning the process aptly. Before long, the old man knew he had more than simply a capable pair of strong arms, and Edricht began learning bits and pieces of the trade.

The wanderlust never left him, however; every chance he got, when there wasn't work to be done in the forge, Edricht would return to the wilds. The only places he ever felt at home were the smithy and an untouched streambed.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Edricht always seems to go about with a chip on his shoulder. Neglected for so long as a child, he feels a near constant need to prove his worth, and doesn't hesitate to use his bulk to do so. As a child, he was often referred to simply as "the runt." A few young men in the village old enough to remember, yet young enough to not know better have learned the hard way that it is an insult he will not abide.

He is coarse, in every sense of the word, but once he is made into a friend, he is fiercely loyal. Willing to risk his own safety for the sake of those few that he considers to be his true family.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Race, age, weight are all relevant, as are weapons, armor, and gear.
    If it's a more uncommon race, linking to picture of that race as an example wold be helpful.
    Eye color doesn't matter if they are wearing a helmet, nor does a large tattoo of a dragon on his chest if he wears full plate.
    Adding an emotion, facial expression, or pose that you want help the picture be more dynamic, but aren't necessary.
    Character backgrounds are not required, but sometimes are fun to read to help get a feel for the character. If you want to include yours, please spoiler it.

Race : Hellbred Previously a human
    Height : 7'9"
    Weight : 200lbs.
    Relevant information : His skin looked chard and cracked, and if one looks close enough they can see that their are red scales trying to it seems push through the skin to the surface. Luminous red eyes show the power of the hells themselves in them, adding only more to this intimidating figure who once ruled an entire empire. Long black hair runs down to his back, kept neat, though always worn down covering the shoulders of the scarlet and black cloak he wears at all times, using magic itself to clean it when it needs to be taken care of. A Jet black staff can always be seen in his left hand, and a raven or other such fowl creature sitting atop the Garnet gem that depicts a devils skull glaring atop of it.

Emotion : The man in the painting looks bored, as if standing here waiting for this to be finished is below him, an air of nobility is clearly visible, though it is clearly tainted by his trials threw the hells themselves. And the raven itself seems to be mocking whoever looks at the painting, as if to say that they were the next to die, swallowed by the devil in carved gem that adorns the blackened staff. Behind the man stands what looks like the ruins of a very old kingdom, the flames of whatever happened here still shining in the distance, whether threw magic that never ended due to the war that was fought, or something else is unclear.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    It is said that when you make a deal with the devil you are bound to pay for it eventually. It was one thing no mortal could outrun, and Lord Jonathan was no exception. He had made a deal to rule an empire so vast all would envy it, so powerful that the only way to stop it would be threw divine intervention. And when he signed the contract in blood he could not have been more drunk on power. Immediately he marched his armies upon the mountains that had never been conquered due to a powerful archlich named Lord Loss, who's very existence was only spoken of in whispers. Jonathan learned soon enough why none ventured to that dreaded mountain of death soon enough as he, and his army faced off against both the elements themselves, along with the vast armies of the man named Loss.

With the utter cold of the weather, and the fact that it seemed each of Loss's cities were protected by small platoons of undead, most of them being intelligent no less it was a hard march up the mountain, a never ending struggle. For it seemed the once mortal man named Loss had made careful planing when he made his armies. Making it so that the people grew attached to the undead who protected them, by granting their lovers eternal life after death, so that they could live on defending their families. However Jonathan would not be stopped, he became known as the Pelor reborn, and grew much support from the neighboring lands in his efforts to defeat Loss and his armies that were slowly getting pushed back. Each town he conquered he destroyed, making sure that there was nothing to come back to, this way Loss would not be able to send his troops back and he could not then be flanked.

Higher and higher up the mountain he climbed, and each level he rose new enemies greeted him. However as the contract had said, he would form a great empire that none could defeat, and over the course of five years Jonathan climber his way up to the top of the mountain until he came face to face with his enemy. By now Jonathan had many supporters, all thinking he was a hero. None knew of the dark plot he had in store once he eliminated Loss, and how he had used Loss's infamous to his advantage. At the peak of Highmount itself, in the province of Myr Jonathan fought against the ancient lich and his dracolich steed, Arytekothar. Said to have once been his very father, now just a servant to his will. In the sky the two men fought, as Jonathan's armies tried all they could to assist him. However this was a battle only he could do alone, and at the pivotal point in the battle a black cloud covered the entire mountain peak, and when it left, only ashes remained on the ground of the two enemies Lord Loss and Arytekothar.

Now looked upon as a hero, Jonathan was given the lands he had taken from Loss, and allowed into the royal court. Just as he had been promised, Jonathan soon began playing the political game once more, looking for who was hated most once more. And it did not take long, with his many supporters Jonathan was sent in to Northern Quin Yore to quell an uprising. By now his army was well trained, many having served since the first war with Lord Loss, and so the rebellion was quelled quickly and once more, the leaders seeing his powers in combat granted him the land. After all his kingdom was doing so well for itself, why not give it to him? However there were those who began to see threw Jonathan's game and secretly they rebuilt an old order to once more to stop him. They failed, however their movement took hold, and at the age of 40 Jonathan had the entire empire rising up against him.

Protected by the contract he had signed, his army never lost a battle, some even called them devils in disguise how vicious some of them fought. No army it seemed could stand up to Jonathan in a direct confrontation and win. And so they decided to circumvent his army all together, and attack him only. Those few remaining provinces still loyal to the old kingdom called upon their best warriors, both in the arcane and with steel, and that night assaulted Jonathan in his bedchambers. Had Jonathan not become old and overconfident in the contract he had signed he may have taken his guard duty more seriously, however he was young when he made the contract, and foolish. And that night the tyrant died, and his entire kingdom disbanded. The great castles he built utterly destroyed as a warning to all those who would try the same one day.

However as it would seem when he killed Loss he had done the universe a great good, and not able to overlook that act, the gods pulled him from the flames of hell to once more walk the earth and make the place better. To bad they had not first looked into the hells themselves to see where he was, for had they looked, they would have left him rotting in the hells themselves. For they had taken him away just as he signed a new contract with the Lady of the fourth layer of hell. To get his revenge, he had double crossed her father to serve her. And with his old contract destroyed by her, he was free to pledge himself again.

And so after 5 long years of hiding in the caves of Torland, Jonathan has emerged once more to rebuild his kingdom, however this time it will be with the power of the hells themselves marching behind him. He would keep a low profile for now, however soon his name would grow to rival that of those who had destroyed him. He would not make the same mistakes again.

23. - Top - End - #23

Just want to give everyone an update on the progress on how near some art is to completion:
    Zalpohn - 99%
    FearlessGnome - 55%
    Infernally Clay - 50%
    BeerMug Paladin - 40%
    Cardea - preliminary sketch
    QuidEst - preliminary sketch
    MichealGoldclaw - preliminary sketch
    SeptimusFabrius - 25%
    Boolprop - preliminary sketch
    The Vagabond - 10%

To everyone else, thanks for your patience. I do realize if I didn't start the other drawings I could be done with the first three by now, but like I said; I'm an artist, and I can't just work on one thing at a time!

24. - Top - End - #24

To everyone else, thanks for your patience. I do realize if I didn't start the other drawings I could be done with the first three by now, but like I said; I'm an artist, and I can't just work on one thing at a time!
    Just work in your own time, it's not like there is a deadline, and it's not your fault that we all want drawings of our characters.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: RABBLE
    Show

sadly i cant make a picture blue.......
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

DrowGirl

Amazing picture[/SPOILER]
    Wow dude! You're amazing

If you have the time/interest:

Keziah
    Race: Half-Elf
    Height/Weight: 6'1" / 145 lbs.
    Wearing: Studded leather jerkin over a white shirt, long russet skirt down past her knees, elbow length white gloves. Finely crafted longbow made of a dark wood with silver filigree worn across her back.
    Looks: Tall, athletic build, shoulder length ginger locks, scabby burns border her hairline, causing it to recede slightly. Naturally beautiful face, but horrid burnt skin (like a fresh burn with skin sloughing off) covers the lower left section of her face, right below her cheekbone and halfway across her mouth. Despite her appearance, she is kind-hearted and usually wide-eyed with a smile.

Show
    Keziah was born to modest prosperity, her father was a successful human merchant who was able to marry above his station to a high-born elven lady. A consumate perfectionise, Keziah's mother made sure to pass on the high standards that she was raised by on to her daughter, and a young Keziah was trained in dance, gymnastics, history, mathematics. Taking a particular interest towards archery and the study of ancient civilizations, Keziah received a custom-made longbow, engraved in designs reminiscent of the ancients, commissioned by her father for her 16th birthday.

Shortyl afterwards, Keziah's life changed forever when the family mansion mysteriously burned to the ground in the middle of the night. Both her parents and the family butler perished in the inferno, but Keziah was virtually unscathed by the flames, despite plunging directly into the fire in a vain attempt to rescue her parents. Reeling from the loss of her family and former life, Keziah fled, taking the only object recovered from the fire, her cherihsed longbow.

Keziah wandered aimlessly for several months before strange things began to happen to her. Her skin began to burn red hot, sloughing off in large burned chunks, and she suddenly realized she could use magic despite possessing no aptitude for it before. The once vain Keziah eventually took to wearing long gloves for her arms and a veil to hide her lower face, as those body parts were the most affected by her wasting, and constantly applied perfume hides the scent of burning flesh that pervades her constantly. No longer the vain spoiled girl she once was, Keziah now wanders the countryside helping out strangers however she can, to hopefully understand the reason for her powers and to keep from grieving from her loss.

Spoiler: Personality Excerpt
    Show
    Across the sloping countryside, a young woman travels alone over a well-worn path meandering through miles upon miles of farmland. She is adorned in autumn colors, a studded leather jerkin over a white shirt, a long russet skirt down past her knees, elbow-length white gloves, and sturdy travel boots all compliment her shoulder-length ginger locks. A finely crafted longbow, carved out of a dark-wood with silver filigree is worn across her back, and a dagger on her belt. Her natural looks, clearly part elven, are marred by an obscuring veil worn across her nose and mouth, and scabby burns border her hairline, causing it to recede slightly.

The sun begins to set, and a chill on the wind brings in the night. Suddenly, she hears someone shouting for help in the distance! Breaking into a run, she dashes over the next few hills into a small forested area to see an upturned cart laden with cargo and someone struggling beneath! A halfling man turns to face her as she runs around the cart, "Miss! Please help me!" he pleads.

Crouching down, the woman eyes the halfling and the cart, "I can't lift it, but I can probably get you out. Here, this will help." Closing her green eyes, and whispering quietly, she touches the halfling on his outstretched arm with a small gleam of light, then working together, they pull the halfling out of the rubble, the woman toppling backwards as he lurches forwards.

Panting, the halfling stands up and helps the woman onto her feet, "Thank you miss! I'd still be under there without you. Pony got spooked right as we hit a ditch, the whole thing just toppled over." Regaining his composure, he extends his arm upwards, "Fundin's the name."

"Keziah," responds the woman.

Suddenly grimacing, the halfling waves his hand in front of his face, "Laying it on a bit thick with the perfume there, don'tcha think?" he asks jokingly.

Feigning forgetfulness, Keziah gives a quick laugh, "Well you know...travelling for a long time, don't want to get smelly. I must have put a little too much on."

Looking around to take stock, the halfling continues, "At any rate, I'm not getting anything else done until morning. Would you care to join me for some dinner, miss Keziah?"

The veil wrinkles as Keziah smiles underneath, "I'd like that." And again, quietly to herself as she looks over the countryside, "I'd like that."
    Last edited by Lappy9001; 2014-12-02 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Double Spoilered some stuff by mistake :p

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Just want to give everyone an update on the progress on how near some art is to completion:
    Zalpohn - 99%
    FearlessGnome - 55%
    Infernally Clay - 50%
    BeerMug Paladin - 40%
    Cardea - preliminary sketch
    QuidEst - preliminary sketch
    MichealGoldclaw - preliminary sketch
    SeptimusFabrius - 25%
    Boolprop - preliminary sketch
    The Vagabond - 10%

Halfway done already? I'm really grateful and look forward to seeing the finished art. :D
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

In my current pathfinder campaign I dm there is a character who was originally a paladin before the campaign started but had a fall from grace and was a conniving rogue when my players first met him and hired him onto their ships crew. Through a serious of plot events and player hijinx (but mostly the latter) this npc has somehow ended up becoming redeemed and is now once again a paladin and as such his picture art needs updating to account for his new paladiness.

Name: Morven Serenes
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 150 Lb.
    Equipment: He now wears pure white plate armor (no helmet) which is emblazoned with the holy symbol of his god and the Armor is slightly dirty and beat up from all the wear and tear its gotten recently. He carries a flaming long sword as his weapon of choice for combat and as its not the type of weapon hes usually used to he doesn't hold it with the best grip.
    Pose and Facial Expression: He tries stands as highly and mightily as he can in an effort to appear more noble, brave and badass though of course since hes more skinny and lithe then muscly he doesn't really look all that intimidating. This attempt at badassery carries over onto his face where he attempts to put on the most cool bad ass expression he can muster which isn't really all that much as he is still quite the craven person and doesn't really like facing people front on with all this heavy armor and would much prefer to back stab them if he were still allowed to.

Spoiler: Original Picture
    Show

Spoiler: Holy Symbol
    Show

I see that you have quite alot of commissions here as it is so feel free to take your time and the players wont be seeing this character again for a good bit anyway so there's no real rush.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(For a campaign)
    I need two of these, one male and one female, and if you feel like it 7 of each.
    Changeling
    Rogue/Spy
    In black clothing
    No age specifications, but preferably lean and tall (~6 feet)

30. - Top - End - #30

Haven't heard from ya in a while, so here's hoping everything's still okay...
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!